Home

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Posted By: Tom

Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/15/06 09:15 AM

Has anyone ever seen this show? It's hilarious, I have about 15 episodes.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/15/06 03:53 PM

This is my favorite non-HBO show. Has been for years. I remember when it first came on in 1989 and I watched it as a kid. Tom Servo always had the best jokes. Who's your fav?

While we are on favs, whos the better host, in your opinion? I gotta say Mike Nelson. Joel always pissed me off for some reason, plus Mike was always the better writer.

You have the DVD sets they've been releasing? I got a couple and think they're great!

My fav episode is Space Mutany. God, it's almost too funny. Like scary funny. Definetly the funniest thing I've ever seen on a television, ever. No joke.

The Doc
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/15/06 05:00 PM

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000, one of the great Television programs of all, is a favorite of mine.

My favoites, back when it was on Comedy Central(before it was cancelled for the first time) were their piss-slaps at the GODZILLA films, including when he tackled the SEA MONSTER....which amounted to him duking it out with a giant lobster.

But my favorite Sci-Fi Channel episode has to be SPACE CHEIF. I mean, that lame Japanese superhero serial flick from the 50s, for some reason, had a skyscraper with Hitler at one point. Lets say its a nice fodder for jokes down the line.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/15/06 07:24 PM

I remember watching it a lot as a kid but I haven't seen it in years.
Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/16/06 07:46 PM

I wish I could get my hands on a copy. Do they still show it on TV somewhere? It sounds funny as hell but i've never seen it.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/16/06 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen:
I wish I could get my hands on a copy. Do they still show it on TV somewhere? It sounds funny as hell but i've never seen it.
It used to be on Sci-Fi channel, Sat at 10am. I don't get that channel here at school so I'm not sure if it's on anymore.

The DVD sets are the best. They come with 4 episodes each (each show is 2 hours long, seeing as they mock an entire movie), and introductions. They're truely hilarious.

The Doc
Posted By: Tom

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/17/06 12:26 AM

The best one is called THE FINAL SACRIFICE
Posted By: Flame Angel

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/19/06 02:59 AM

ive been a fan since i was a child...i dont know of any stations that play it any more. i did luck out though and found that netflix has the entire series
Posted By: Eddie Mozzarella

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/19/06 07:42 AM

Loved this show since I was 13 or 14, back in the Comedy Central days. Have to say my favorite was Joel. Totally chill and weird. Damn shame this show ended.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 - 03/19/06 06:31 PM

What a great show, if you've never seen it I'd recommend going out an renting one or two episode. I'd go for Eegah Space Mutiny, or Final Sacrifice if I were you.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET