Home

Cooled down...

Posted By: Patrick

Cooled down... - 03/10/06 08:35 PM

Alright, I am seriously fed up with my mom. I came home from school today to find that she found two of my 6 packs and she poured them out. Thank god she didn't find my hard shit. She found my harder shit a few months ago and poured all of that out, so I had to restock.

I am sick of this shit. She tells me she doesn't want me to drink, yet she bought me a shot glass when we visited West Chester University last week and she bought my a Mike's Hard Iced Tea mirror. So hypocritical. It is so much harder to get alcohol than it is to get things like pot and coke. I swear to god if she keeps this shit up I am going to relapse into pot or something else. I am so pissed off right now. JUST HAD TO VENT.

Edited a bit...
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 08:53 PM

Patrick, I don't want to preach to you and whatever you do with your life and the decisions you make are yours alone, however, I think you should reconsider this post and reconsider your attitude towards your Mother who I'm sure loves you very much and only wants the absolute best for you and your siblings. I'm certainly not saying that you don't love your Mom, but I think that it is quite stupid to put up your Family's business (unless it is positive and when it is negative only when it is absolutely necessary to do so) on a public forum such as this one.

If you just fought with your Mom, you should go and apologize to her and tell her how much you love her and would do anything for her. You always say you want to be treated and respected like an adult, well in order to receive this treatment and respect you must act like an adult. This means taking responsibility for your actions. If you're too young to drink in the state/province where you live, don't drink! Or if you must (you're gonna do what you're gonna do right) be a little smarter about it.

As for your Mom being hypocritical. Well, have you been absolutely genuine and real at every single moment in your life? The sooner you realize that no one (or at least very few people) have been completely real and 100% authentic during every single moment in their lives the sooner you will learn how to treat your Mom and everyone else for that matter. There are all times in our life (whether short or long depends on the person) where we've acted like a phoney and we come to regret them later. Anyone who tells you different is most likely lying. Your mom knows that you will most likely start drinking when you turn 21 (or 19 if you come to Canada or 14 in Quebec, Canada ) and she has the wisdom and foresight to see that if you start drinking heavily at your age it will not be good for your future.

When your Mother passes (hopefully not until she reaches a ripe old age) you will regret every single time you ever treated her badly or were'nt as nice as you easily could have and should have been. Smarten up bro!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 09:02 PM

Do you realize that if you and your friends have alcohol in your home, and you drive and are caught (and God forbid you do anyone any harm while doing so), that your PARENTS would be arrested? Pat, how dare you be pissed off at your mother? I AM a mother, and you bet your sweet ass that if my underage children had alcohol, I'd not only pour it out, but then I'd start revoking privileges, too.

Look, I'm not saying that I never drank when I was underage (although the age then was 18, so it was easier for a 17 year old to get in a bar. I don't know how anyone selling liquor could mistake a 16 year old for a 21 year old), but as a parent I won't condone it, nor will I allow it. Does that make me a hypocrite? Probably. Do I give a rat's ass that I'm a hypocrite? None whatsoever. Maybe we're hypocrites because we realize how truly STUPID we were as kids, and so we want to use that knowledge for your good.

And your pissed because your mother bought you a mirror and a shot glass? Maybe she was trying to be, I don't know, NICE.

Get over it, and get over yourself. You sound like a six year old whose mother threw away his Pokemon cards.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 09:46 PM

"fucking mom", Pat? What do you want to become in this life? Is there anything that may atone for writing such a thing?
Do you treasure enough the fact that you have mom?
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
...Do you treasure enough the fact that you have mom?
Apparently, he does not.

It is a parent's God-given role to drive her teenager 'insane'. They do it to her, she does it to them. If she doesn't, especially when throwing away his/her beer (not to mention the 'hard shit')...then she's not doing her job. But I'm sure that, deep, WAY deep down, Pay really knows that.

Pat probably doesn't realize that the shot glass was probably purchased by mother as a souvineer, something from the trip to be treasured as a keepsake...and not for the purpose of turning her son into a drunk.

But as I've said many times before...Pat is VERY young and will one day mature enough to regret and cringe at things he says/does today.

At least one can only hope....

Apple
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 10:17 PM

Talk about preachy.

Vent all you want Pat. I'm sure it's a given that you love your mother.

Ignore all the other facetious replies, take a (metaphorical) chill pill, and realise in your own time that discussing your problems, or counting to ten, will sort things out.

Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 10:35 PM

Oh wow, maybe your mom cares about you? :rolleyes:

Or maybe you forgot that the legal drinking age IS 21.

Quote:
It is so much harder to get alcohol than it is to get things like pot and coke.
Awwww man.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 10:39 PM

Capo did you fully read my post? We know that Patrick loves his Mother. Everyone loves their Mothers. That's not the point. Whether it's your Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, cousins, nephews, neices or whomever there is a certain level of respect that must be maintained.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 10:45 PM

Patrik, we don´t talk each other very much and rarely could do it. But, I am not anyone to you, but you shouldn´t treat your mother like that for any reason at all and much less for throwing the beer away. Of course there are cases a mother could lose respect JUST in case she may kill the child´s father or something really bad, some people may argue to me, but this hipotetical case could not be forgiven, at least I wouldn´t if my mom kills my dad for no reason at all, who could forgive that? But let´s get back to the real fact, this is not the case. Patrik, if you wanna drink, do it, I am nobody to you. But remember, alcohol is bad, not only for you, this is also bad for older than 18-people. The difference is that you have your mother, and they probably haven´t or if they have, they don´t live with them or trust in their children.
I am 25, I could have drunk a long time ago, I never tried it, not because of my parents, it is MY decision, because as you may know, our parents cannot be with us 24 hours a day.
To Sicilian Babe, Don Jasani and AppleOnYa surprise, I have a little story to tell, my father is a wine seller, he has worked selling wine for almost 30 years, but he told me not to drink. I didn´t even though I had so many chances to try alcohol, drugs and cigarettes.In Argentina and maybe in most of the countries, people start drinking at a young age, in Argentina there are many boys starting to drink at 13 or 14. Ok, that´s it.During the high school, in parties, collage, or whereever I was people always tried to convince to try alcohol because they couldn´t believe I never did it.
Let´s go to the story, I spent New year(2004-2005)in a saloon in Destin, Florida. I met a girl(more or less 25 or a few more), with her mom and her mom´s boyfriend, somehow we started to talk each other, I told them who I am, where I am from, whatever it doesn´t matter. It was 9 pm on December 31th, the girl looked at my drink(it was Coca-cola), she asked me why I didn´t ask a beer or something like that, I told her everything I wrote above, I told her I never tried alcohol, she couldn´t accept that fact and tried to make me drink a little, I refused. Can you believe me she was trying to make me(or forcing me)drink for 3 hours at least for New Year?She said "Your parents are not here and you are with a friend", the most funny was that HER MOTHER and her boyfriend were helping her to convince me, I couldn´t believe her mother could be part of this, 10 minutes before 12am she put in front of me a glass, I hid it, when she realised the glass wasn´t there anymore, she put another one, when she looked away I hid the second one, and the same with the third and the fourth, I finally I showed her I had the 4 glasses. After 12am she said "I am dissapointed", well I said "I´m sorry, nobody can persuade me" and she left, her mother gave me a goodbye-kiss, her boyfriend shook my hand and the girls just said "Goodbye" being dissapointed. That´s it.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 11:05 PM

Don N. Your drinking habits are your business and yours alone. As long as you are not a public drunk causing a disturbance and/or drinking and driving, you can drink as much or as little as you want to. Whether you drink three to five beers or more every day, or you are a complete teetotaler, that is your business provided you are not affecting the lives of others.

My personal opinion, drinking in moderation can be good for your social life and for your life and general. However, going on the occasional bender every now and then has its merits too. If you drink and you're ok with your drinking (i.e. it is under control as it should be) and others don't have a problem with it, then that is your business. But, if you're drinking is out of control and ruining the lives of loved ones and others, you have to do something about your problem. If you abstain from drink completely and choose not to drink for whatever reason, true friends will respect that and not force you either way. Actually I think smoking (a habit of which I'm not proud to say that I am guilty of) is much worse than drinking in moderation.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 11:06 PM

Pat is right.

Pat, your mom is a terrible person for showing you that she cares about you. She's a horrible person for throwing away your 6-packs. Any mother in her right mind would encourage her children to drink, do drugs, what have you.

Give me a damn break! :rolleyes:

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 11:07 PM

Pat, Maybe I reacted like a mom, and not another poster here on the BB. However, I hope you realize that your mom did what all moms do - what she thought was best for her son. Perhaps that will occur to you when you cool down.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/10/06 11:11 PM

xXx_DoN_C., My parents encouraged me to drink, smoke, smoke weed, snort cocaine, inject heroin and have unprotected sex with many, many loose women, all at the tender age of 10. :p Hey, you've gotta grow up sometime right?! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 12:00 AM

If I would have found your two six packs I would have drank them. How would you feel to be without your booze plus having to deal with a drunken mom?
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 12:22 AM

Yadda yadda yadda.

Let him wine about his mom, that's natural in the growing-up proces between kids and parents. I would be surprised if he didn't had fights with his parents. Okay, he utters his feelings of angriness a bit extreme, but so be it.

Drinking limit is just way too high in the USA, IMO. Here in Europe, it's 18, and many kids drink their first alcohol at 15/17. But the law is the law....

Pat, what's the use of having some sixpacks at home. Drinking beer at home, what's the fun? It's only fun at party's or in a bar with friends, to get a bit loose.
And uhm, what beer was it?
Posted By: svsg

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Alright, I am seriously fed up with my fucking mom.
....... I swear to god if she keeps this shit up I am going to relapse into fucking pot or something else.
I have an easy solution for the "something else" you want. I suggest sucking a car exhaust and quickly reach the carbon-monoxide heaven.
Posted By: suspect_5

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 01:24 AM

Moms, can’t live with them
Can’t say shit about them on a message board without getting chastised

My advice Patrick – learn to hide shit better

As for the chastisement I think that it is a pretty big damn jump from “my fucking mother” to “I don’t love my mother and will not weep when she is dead”. Perhaps their relationship is so strong that not every word out of their mouths about or to each other has to be gilded. Perhaps there is a level of respect where people don’t have to be all fake shiny happy with each other?

Yeah, SVSG now that he has said "fucking" and "mother" in the same sentence his only recourse is to commit suicide, I'm sure that would tell his mother how sorry he was.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 01:31 AM

So? You got off easy, be thankful.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by svsg:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] Alright, I am seriously fed up with my fucking mom.
....... I swear to god if she keeps this shit up I am going to relapse into fucking pot or something else.
I have an easy solution for the "something else" you want. I suggest sucking a car exhaust and quickly reach the carbon-monoxide heaven. [/b][/quote]Or...

Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:25 AM

Man, save the trouble of making the simple pleasures of intoxication into a business transaction.

Do what I do.

Learn to cook pure, black tar heroin from your very own kitchen.

Become a success.

Pump iron, eat three raw eggs for breakfast, and feed on stem cells. Not because you're paralyzed and need strength, but because you're a fucking badass who eats babies. Minority babies. Patrick is a racist, baby-eating heroin addict. Don't mess with him; he'll fuck you up with a jack-knife and a collection of Phil Collins records.

I'd rather make an ass of myself than preach like 95% of the other posters that bothered entering this thread.

Pat. Pat eats babies.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
Don't mess with him; he'll fuck you up with a jack-knife and a collection of Phil Collins records.
I'm failing to see how a set of Phil Collins LP's (on vinyl, maybe?) would be able to do much harm to anyone, unless, of course, they tried to listen to it. :p

(Just kidding, I'm a big Phil Collins/Genesis fan )

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:37 AM

I'm assuming that the victim would be horribly overwhelmed with his vocal work on the Lion King soundtrack, and the amazing-goodness that surrounds the cheesy-1980s synth of Vesuvio, and die on the spot of a massive heart-attack.

Or, I suppose you could just play one of his albums backwards as you write a suicide note.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
I'm assuming that the victim would be horribly overwhelmed with his vocal work on the Lion King soundtrack, and the amazing-goodness that surrounds the cheesy-1980s synth of Vesuvio, and die on the spot of a massive heart-attack.

Or, I suppose you could just play one of his albums backwards as you write a suicide note.
So we've concluded:

+

=

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 04:32 AM

Alright, I'm much cooled down now. And ofcourse, I love my mother, but I came home after a long day of school only to get ready for work and to work out, then to find that she poured out my booze which I was planning on taking over to a friend's house tonight to just chill. Not to get drunk, it was only two six packs of Smirnoff.

The thing that gets me the most is that my dad is a borderline alcoholic and drinks beer everyday. He smokes a pack of cigarettes every day too and I know damn well he did a lot of shit when he was my age.

And most of you guys should really think about what I said: it is so much easier for anyone to get access to illegal drugs than it is to get alcohol. It took me a few weeks before I found someone to pick these up for me. Getting things from beer distributors are so much harder than getting hard liquor too.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 06:49 AM

Well Pat, as long as you aim for things a little harder, why settle for alcohol? Getting into Harvard is really hard, why don't you do that?

How hard is it to get drunk and do drugs? Anyone could do that. But not all can have the condition that you have and certainly not all take advantage of it. Aim a little higher Pat.

Don't you want to make it better than your dad did?
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 06:52 AM

Quote:
The thing that gets me the most is that my dad is a borderline alcoholic and drinks beer everyday. He smokes a pack of cigarettes every day too and I know damn well he did a lot of shit when he was my age.
Here is a clue Pat your dad is an adult and you're not. :rolleyes: Plus since you live at home you obviously have to abide by the rules your parents lay out for you.

Man it's comments like what Pat said that make me feel sorry for the future.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 01:51 PM

Quote:
... she poured out my booze which I was planning on taking over to a friend's house tonight to just chill. Not to get drunk, it was only two six packs of Smirnoff.

The thing that gets me the most is that my dad is a borderline alcoholic and drinks beer everyday...
Oh...only 2 6-packs of vodka. That's different, why didn't you say that in the first place??

:rolleyes:

Has it ever occurred to you that your mom doesn't want you to end up like your dad?

By the way, my dad was not a borderline alcoholic...he WAS an alcoholic and had been for a very long time before finally dying out last summer. He too drank beer just about every day for the past several years and although you can say he did live to age 73, this disease drastically altered his personality and quality of life, and most likely shortened his life by several years. His doctor basically made that prediction about 8 years ago. I remember the words as if he said them 5 minutes ago: "You'd better stop drinking Ron, otherwise it doesn't look good in terms of the rest of your life."

I forget how old you are, Patrick...but hope for your sake that you mother continues to pour your liquor down the drain until you are mature enough to figure out the damage it can do to you.

Of course by then, it'll be easier to get since you'll be of legal drinking age...

I have a nephew who's 11 years old now. I see posts like yours and pray to God that this adorable little boy doesn't acquire similar behavior when he's entrenched in the teen years. I can tell you one thing, though...if my sister ever catches a 6-pack of anything alcoholic in his room she'll probably personally send him down the drain right after it. Then she'll break his fingers so he'll be unable to VENT to his friends on the internet.

Glad you love your mom, though.

Apple

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 01:51 PM

Why would it make you feel sorry for the future? Because his dad's a borderline alcoholic? ???

Glad you've cooled down, Pat. If anything, I'd've been pissed off had my mother done something without first telling me, or warning me of some sort. There's been a lack of communication here by both parties, I think, and it seriously helps to discuss things, even though, at this age, everybody old enough to be your parents are on completely different wavelengths to you.

You can say "fucking mom" and still love her, Don Jasani. What if you said, "I fucking love you" as a way to emphasise your point?

Anyway, I don't want to ruin an otherwise sorted thread now anyway, so, my final words to Pat: venting is, I think, good. At least you didn't go into school and start shooting kids with a gun or anything, like a few others of this civilised world do.
Posted By: The Dr. who fixed Lucy

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:44 PM

Bloody hell some of the replies here are like an after-school special. Only Capo is making any sense... no doubt he enjoys a night oot on tha tap... but that's beside the point.

His mother poured his beer away... you would need the patience of a saint not to lose your rag about that. All you sanctomonious lot who expressed richeous indignation at Patrick's little outburst should try to imagine how it would feel if someone tore up your Bible! I imagine you would not be best pleased!
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
Bloody hell some of the replies here are like an after-school special. Only Capo is making any sense... no doubt he enjoys a night oot on tha tap... but that's beside the point.

His mother poured his beer away... you would need the patience of a saint not to lose your rag about that. All you sanctomonious lot who expressed richeous indignation at Patrick's little outburst should try to imagine how it would feel if someone tore up your Bible! I imagine you would not be best pleased!
I'm not a complete righteous religious guy, but comparing a book to an illegal substance (for his age) is laughable.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:55 PM

Dear Dr. Who Fixed Lucy:

Patrick has been a member here for a while now. I would make a guess that when he used the BB to vent using the language he did...he knew darn well he'd get some degree of feedback from his, let's say 'older' listmates - especially those who are themselves parents of teenagers.

The main purpose of his post was, I agree...to vent at his mother's actions. But don't think for a moment that he didn't either expect or desire some of the reaction he got.

Regards
AppleOnYa

ps - What's a Bible??

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 02:55 PM

Quote:
Don Andrew
Comparing a book to an illegal substance ... is laughable.
Actually there are many places in the world where this comparison would be all too real.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] I'm assuming that the victim would be horribly overwhelmed with his vocal work on the Lion King soundtrack, and the amazing-goodness that surrounds the cheesy-1980s synth of Vesuvio, and die on the spot of a massive heart-attack.

So we've concluded:

+

=

[/b][/quote]
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Iceman:
[QUOTE]Here is a clue Pat your dad is an adult and you're not.
Do you believe his dad was right doing what he did just because he is an adult?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 06:03 PM

It seems many missed the point of the thread (maybe I have too because I've only read the edited version). Kids will drink, it's what they do, it's what Pat does, it's what you've done and it's what I've done. Pat's pissed off about what his mothers done. I don't know whether it's right or wrong but I understand the frustration. A level of trust, privacy and understanding has been broken. A mother and son are on two completely seperate pages. I'm not into drama, I'm into harmony and the easy life (usually easier with a beer ). Be political - tell your mum you understand what she's done and why she's done it. Tell her you don't like to buy beer illigally, say you don't do it often but you like a little drink with mates now and then - and that doing it at a mates house keeps you off the streets. I don't know your mum but hopefully she'll appreciate it and allow you more freedoms.

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
If I would have found your two six packs I would have drank them. How would you feel to be without your booze plus having to deal with a drunken mom?
That's what I was thinking. The thought of wasted alcohol kills me and my family. My dad used to tell me off if I left any!

Pat, I'll buy your beer for you. But no bloody alcopops. When you get to college you don't want to be the pussy that can't take your drink do you?

Re: Cooled down... - 03/11/06 06:11 PM

Pat, I'm glad that cooler heads prevailed. You're a smart young man, and that's a tough thing to be in this society, where young people seem to revere sex, drugs and rock n roll over all. Look, I'm not forgetting the mistakes of my youth, and I'm not suggesting that we were all saints. However, as I pointed out in my previous post, we have perhaps learned from our mistakes and want to pass on that wisdom to you.

I am glad to hear you love your mom. I'm sure she's doing her best to make sure that you don't waste any of the talents that you have, especially given that you'll be leaving for college soon. That means that you'll have many freedoms, and without the proper level of maturity, those freedoms can be deadly to a young man.

I was sad that you kept emphasizing how difficult it was to get the alcohol, rather than saying that you realize what your mom did was the right parental thing in the long run. However, you're mother isn't supposed to be your friend. She's supposed to make the unpopular decisions because that's what being a parent is all about. If my daughter screams "I hate you! You're ruining my life!" then I can pretty much guarantee that I did the right thing as a parent. Does that mean it doesn't hurt? Does that mean that I don't wish I could just say "Do whatever you want if it means you'll smile instead of scowl,"? I wish I could. It takes great resolve to make a decision that you know will piss off your son or daughter, and to stick to it no matter how mad they get at you, but it's the best thing in the long run, and that's what a parent has to keep in mind.

Try to remember that when you think about it.

And, SVSG and Double J, you should be totally ashamed of what you posted. There is nothing funny or even remotely amusing about teen suicide, and your posts completely and totally disgusted me. I know we're not supposed to name-call here, but if I get banned it will be worth it. By posting that, you were both jackasses.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
And, SVSG and Double J, you should be totally ashamed of what you posted. There is nothing funny or even remotely amusing about teen suicide, and your posts completely and totally disgusted me. I know we're not supposed to name-call here, but if I get banned it will be worth it. By posting that, you were both jackasses.
SB, I apologise. I come from a background where "most" men consider their mother to be the dearest person on earth, over their father, wife, brother or sister. The only exception being their own kids. So when I hear a person saying all this about his mother, I think it is cruel. And along the same lines, a mother won't mind getting into trouble to protect her son (unlike what you said).I know my mother has done quite a bit of sacrifices for me and my sister, though neither of us were junkies, alcoholics or in general troublesome. And I would consider my mother and father to be the dearest persons for me, much more than any girlfriend or wife. I think you would not understand it coming from a different culture. It is okay.
And regarding you calling me a jackass, it doesn't bother me. I thought I had to give an explanation for having made a unfriendly remark to patrick. But name calling me reveals something about you. So I am glad some of our members got a chance to see your ugly side.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 07:34 AM

I'm not sure what's the best reaction to a teenager; claiming to commit suicide if he/she doesn't get his/her way. What a parent should do? What a friend should do? What a board member should do? And these are serious questions that I'm trying to find their answers.

Honestly what's certain is that if you don't care for you life, not many people out there do.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 03:58 PM

SVSG, Call it ugly, call it whatever you want. I don't think that making jokes encouraging a teenager (or anyone else for that matter) to commit suicide is remotely amusing.

As for reverence for parents, I think that you have no clue what sort of culture I come from. The idea of disappointing my parents was my #1 reason for NOT getting into trouble. I adored my father, who sadly passed almost 12 years ago. And my mother, approaching 80 now, lives with me and I treasure the fact that my children get to learn from her wisdom and experience.

And where in my post did I say that parents shouldn't be willing to make sacrifices for their children? As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I DID say, that it's a parent's job to make decisions that are unpopular with children, if that's what it takes for their children to be guided on the correct path. Maybe YOU didn't understand ME.

Afs, Patrick NEVER mentioned suicide. He said that he was angry and hateful toward his mother. It was SVSG and Double J who suggested that if he didn't like her actions, he should suck on car exhaust or go hang himself, even providing helpful illustrations of a noose.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 04:35 PM

Pat

You should be on your knees thanking God that you have a mother who loves you enough to be looking after you like that. So what if she threw that stuff away, you don't need that stuff this stage in your life anyways so be grateful. My mother died 29 years ago when I was just 13 years old. It was very hard growing up without her. I would have given anything for her to help me get ready for the prom or see me graduate high school or being on the front row of the church watching me get married or having her playing with her grandchildren.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 04:52 PM

SB,OK, maybe you are right, I probably misunderstood. You said that his mother was right in throwing away the alcohol becasue in case of police action, the parents will get arrested. Though it is an absolutely valid common sense decision, I thought that a mother would be more concerned with his health than the threat of getting arrested. The mothers I know sometimes make irrational decisions if they feel what they are doing ensures welfare for their children. I think it is cultural - some are pragmatic and common sense oriented, while others are not. I probably belong to the latter, while most western cultres belong to the former category. I don't mean any offense, bt merely pointing out what I feel. If you are interested, I can send you by PM, two examples of posts made long time back on these boards that made me realise about these differences. I would rather not post them here, becasue it will unncessarily drag some people into this debate.
And my suggestion (made in poor taste) was more of a joke rather than a serious suggestion to commit suicide. When some one says "hard shit", "harder shit" and such, I do imagine someone wanting stronger and stronger intoxications. So I joked about inhaling really "strong" gases that will take you to a whole new world, in the language of junkies. And writing such crap about one's mother, probably I should have made my suggestion seriously :rolleyes:

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 05:15 PM

SVSG, Thank you for clarifying your position. The reason I mentioned that his mother could be arrested was to illustrate to Pat that he was putting his family in jeopardy, which is truly bad, not as the only reason she should throw it away. Sometimes when you write things, they can be misunderstood, so I'm glad that we both had a chance to make ourselves understood.

Mig, I can appreciate how hard it must've been for you to grow up without your mother. I'm sure that you cherish her memory, though, even though that's hardly enough.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 07:17 PM

Quote:
Mignon
My mother died 29 years ago when I was just 13 years old. It was very hard growing up without her.
Oh come on! Pat's mother isn't dead - she's very much alive and pouring his liquor down the sink - I think that's a cheap shot Mignon.

Everyone has a different story. I'm deeply sorry for you - for anyone - who loses a parent at an early age. I have had friends in similar situations; it is one of the worst fates to befall anyone.

But it does not give you the right to preach lyrical about respect for parents. If your own mother had lived, heaven knows, you might well have argued and fallen out a lot, and even had cause to curse her as Pat curses his own mother.

The reality of family life is that you can't live with it when it's there, and miss is sorely when it's not. It might seem like a trivial teenage hangup but Pat shouldn't be made to feel abnormal or wicked for venting his feeling just because your mother sadly died before her time.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 07:30 PM

Quote:
[QUOTE].... Pat's mother isn't dead - she's very much alive and pouring his liquor down the sink - I think that's a cheap shot Mignon.
I believe the point of mentioning that was to point out to Pat that he might be grateful he HAS a mother to pour his liquor down the sink, and look out for his well being in various other ways. And shame on you for calling it a 'cheap shot'.

Quote:
by The Dr. who fixed Lucy: [QUOTE]...it does not give you the right to preach lyrical about respect for parents...
Actually, the very fact that Pat posted his 'vent' gives anyone here the right to preach lyrical, cheer or support him as they please, for whatever reason they please.

Quote:
by The Dr. who fixed Lucy: [QUOTE]...Pat shouldn't be made to feel abnormal or wicked for venting his feeling ...
Yes, he should be.

Apple

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 07:34 PM

He should feel "abnormal or wicked" because of his little rant? Because someone else's mother died young? :rolleyes: You Bible Belt crusaders should get a grip. I swear, visiting this forum is sometimes like taking a trip back in time to Victorian England.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 07:47 PM

He should be made to feel abnormal and wicked because of the way he spoke of his mother in his initial post. Which I've noticed is greatly edited since he's 'cooled down'. I'm sure that has nothing to do with any of the responses.

The fact of other BB-members not having thier mothers is pretty much a side issue. But a relevant one, just the same.

Apple

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 07:51 PM

Well I don't know how you do things in New Jersey, but over here we don't pigeonhole troubled teenagers as "abnormal and wicked" because of their emotional outbursts.

Presumably in your little village Patrick would be tried by a Council of Elders for breaking the 5th commandment and stoned by the peasantfolk?

Can I invite you into the 21st century where me meet adolescent parental contretempts with mature empathy rather than holy condemnation?

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:00 PM

Quote:
Afs, Patrick NEVER mentioned suicide. He said that he was angry and hateful toward his mother. It was SVSG and Double J who suggested that if he didn't like her actions, he should suck on car exhaust or go hang himself, even providing helpful illustrations of a noose.
I wasn't specifically talking about Pat. He didn't talk about suicide, but as a threat he mentioned doing drugs or some other "shit". You know, my sister in law is a principal and she said the other day when she told a teenager not to wear a certain type of clothing to school, that student told her if she can't wear that she is going to commit suicide.

This type of threats, if they don't get their way is what's bogging me. I mean, I want to know how to deal with it if I was in that situation. Just a thought.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:00 PM

Dr,
Pat posted something about how he hated his mother and found her to be a hypocrite, all because she took away something illegal and potentially harmful. By doing so, as Apple pointed out, that means that he left himself open to the opinions of all posters.

And Mignon tried to put perspective on it by pointing out how much she missed her mother's influence in her teen years, and that Pat should feel appreciative rather than resentful.

You, on the other hand, took a very sweet woman's post and well-meaning words of advice, and tried to turn it into something nasty. I believe that you are the one who requires the removal of the stick from his buttocks.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:04 PM

You may think it is "very sweet" to call a troubled teen "abnormal and wicked", SB. I would suggest you are another do-gooder who hugs their Bible more than they read it.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:04 PM

Afs, I think that depends on the person. There are some people out there who have no intention of even thinking of suicide, but use it as the ultimate manipulation. In others, it could be considered a real cry for help. I think that it would depend on the personality of the person threatening suicide. Perhaps the student said it to your sister because it's a threat that's worked under other circumstances.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:06 PM

Quote:
... over here we don't pigeonhole troubled teenagers as "abnormal and wicked" because of their emotional outbursts...
Well, they're your words, Dr. Nobody called Patrick 'abnormal' or 'wicked' before you introduced those terms to the discussion. I happened to feel that they were quite appropriate. And I can't help but notice that you enjoy repeating them every time you post.

Seems that you're the one doing the pigeonholing around here. Also seems like you're running out of useful contributions to this thread. Also seems like you're being backed into a wall.

And actually, the majority of responses to Pat's post have been mature. Each time YOU post, it becomes more clear why you have failed to see that.

You appear to be in even worse shape than Patrick, for whom as I've previously stated...there is still hope.

Good luck,
Apple

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:08 PM

Quote:
AppleOnYa
Well, they're your words, Dr. Nobody called Patrick 'abnormal' or 'wicked' before you introduced those terms to the discussion. Seems that you're the one doing the pigeonholing around here.
Alrighty then....

Quote:
AppleOnYa
He should be made to feel abnormal and wicked because of the way he spoke of his mother in his initial post.
Shooting fish in a barrel... would be an easier exercise than arguing with you it seems. You cannot keep track of what you said two posts ago.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:14 PM

Actually, Dr., if you review Mignon's post below, she never used the words abnormal or wicked. She obviously spoke from her heart, and tried to put things in perspective for him.

Quote:
Pat

You should be on your knees thanking God that you have a mother who loves you enough to be looking after you like that. So what if she threw that stuff away, you don't need that stuff this stage in your life anyways so be grateful. My mother died 29 years ago when I was just 13 years old. It was very hard growing up without her. I would have given anything for her to help me get ready for the prom or see me graduate high school or being on the front row of the church watching me get married or having her playing with her grandchildren.

Let me ask you, how many children have you raised, that you can speak on authority about the best course of action for a teen who has broken the law? Who has put his and his family's future at risk? Mignon has raised a lovely, intelligent and poised daughter. I would suggest that she certainly knows what she is talking about.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:16 PM

Actually, SB, if you look at the quote in bold that I acutally quoted then you will see that that was the phrase AppleOnYa actually used

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:25 PM

And if you look at the quotes in bold below, this was YOUR reaction to Mignon's original post.

Quote:
Oh come on! Pat's mother isn't dead - she's very much alive and pouring his liquor down the sink - I think that's a cheap shot Mignon.
Quote:
It might seem like a trivial teenage hangup but Pat shouldn't be made to feel abnormal or wicked for venting his feeling just because your mother sadly died before her time.
And then when I defended Mignon, you said the following:

Quote:
You may think it is "very sweet" to call a troubled teen "abnormal and wicked", SB.
And, as I said, Mignon never used those words.

As someone once said, it's like shooting fish in a barrel....

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:31 PM

Apple said "He should be made to feel abnormal and wicked because of the way he spoke of his mother in his initial post." Those words orignated from that poster, whether the phrase was adopted from me or not, they were hapily adopted!

SB, I get the impression you're one of the "As a parent..." brigade. You think your opinion on all manner of worldly issues is automatically more valid because you can preface it with "As a parent, I think...". Newsflash: being a parent does not promote you to sage status. So curb your arrogance and pay attention to the detail of this debate which you and Apple - no doubt another "As a parent" firebrand - are rapidly losing in terms of logic at least.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:36 PM

I fail to see how I am losing any debate; I am merely pointing out the facts. I never even referred to one of Apple's posts. I referred to Mignon's, which YOU countered by referring to one of Apple's, so who is missing logic here? Are you comparing "Apples" and "Mignons" perhaps?

As for my being on an "As a parent..." rant, I said that MIGNON has raised a lovely daughter, and that she may have the authority to speak. So, once again Dr., I fail to see YOUR logic.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:41 PM

Apple, Mignon. Tomatoes, tomatoes.

I'm off to bed.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:42 PM

Quote:
...Newsflash: being a parent does not promote you to sage status...
Newsflash: Yes it does, when some teenager introduces a thread in which their own parent is spewed at with such venum for doing something that was in the long run in the best interest of their child.

You appear to have a knack for introducing appropriate terminology to this discussion. I would ask you to curb your own arrogance, except that I can see it's being used only out of desperation.

You're losing big time...and I think you know it, too. Which is probably why you're escaping to beddy-by.

Sweet Dreams,
Apple

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 08:47 PM

And I would assume that is what prompted his departure to bed....

Re: Cooled down... - 03/12/06 09:01 PM

Quote:
I'm off to bed.
Fuck me, you southerners have no sense of life. Bed by nine on a Sunday night? Granted, London's Burning may no longer be on, but surely there's still reason enough to stay up?

I'm off to watch Heartbeat.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 01:45 AM

Quote:

Haha!

That you for the wonderful compliment! I'm glad you are so cognizant of the rules here, and even state them, before you call me names.

Of course, though, in your eyes, I'm a "jackass," because I make a joke; nay, perhaps I should redeem myself, and make a post about how I hate my mother for pouring my illegal substances (for my age) down the sink and getting rid of my cancer-sticks.

I guess then, in your words, I'd be a "smart...talented young man."

Best,
Double-J
"Noose-King"

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 02:03 AM

JJ, As usual, you took another member's post completely out of context. I did not condone Pat's behavior, and even told him he was wrong to be so angry and hateful to a loving and caring mother. And I mentioned Pat's intelligence because it would be a shame to waste it on alcohol and/or other illegal substances.

I don't think it's remotely amusing to make jokes about suicide. And I would think you wouldn't either.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
[b]

...and getting rid of my cancer-sticks. [/b][/quote]I don't even think he read any of the posts. I didn't mention anything about my mom throwing away cigarettes or anything else. I don't even smoke.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 02:17 AM

Quote:
JJ, As usual, you took another member's post completely out of context.
Quote: "And, SVSG and Double J, you should be totally ashamed of what you posted. There is nothing funny or even remotely amusing about teen suicide, and your posts completely and totally disgusted me. I know we're not supposed to name-call here, but if I get banned it will be worth it. By posting that, you were both jackasses."

I don't see how I took it out of context...you called both SVSG and myself "jackasses," in the same paragraph where you mention how it is against forum rules to make such statements.

Oh well.

Cheers,
Double-J
"Wine is fine and whiskey's quicker...suicide is slow with liquor..."

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 02:32 AM

SB also made it clear that she was well aware of the rules, well aware she was pushing them and that if she got banned as a result (which I'm sure she will not be)...it would be worth it. She was referring specific statements made by specific members.

Pretty articulate if you ask me. And most definitely taken out of context.

This thread's become pretty dumb in itself. I'm sure Patrick's gotten everybody's various drifts by now, and has hopefully squared things with his mom.

Time to move on.

Apple

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 02:43 AM

How about a drink, Apple? :p

I concur, we need to move on to more important topics, such as who will be buying my soul!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 04:36 AM

Quote:
Thank God that his mother is still with him and to guide him. I don't believe I made a cheap shot. I believe no one else thought so either. The subject of my mothers death was hard enough for me to bring up but, if it will open Pat's eyes then it was worth the pain.

Quote:
But it does not give you the right to preach lyrical about respect for parents. If your own mother had lived, heaven knows, you might well have argued and fallen out a lot, and even had cause to curse her as Pat curses his own mother.
I never cursed my parents. I had way to much respect for them to do that. What gives you the right to assume you know how I talked to my parents?

[QUOTE] He should feel "abnormal or wicked" because of his little rant? Because someone else's mother died young? You Bible Belt crusaders should get a grip. I swear, visiting this forum is sometimes like taking a trip back in time to Victorian England.

OMG :rolleyes:

SB&APPLE thanks for having my back. It is appreciated

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 03:08 PM

Quote:
Capo
Fuck me, you southerners have no sense of life. Bed by nine on a Sunday night? Granted, London's Burning may no longer be on, but surely there's still reason enough to stay up?

I'm off to watch Heartbeat.
Yeah right, I bet you're writing more poetry, ya big nancy boy.

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 04:53 PM

Chav, nancy boy, whatever; at least I don't go to bed at nine.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Cooled down... - 03/13/06 04:59 PM

Pat,

Let me just tell you this. When you get to college, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ESCAPE ALL THE DELICIOUS ALCOHOL!

Just wait till you go to college. You're gonna be the happiest pig in shit ever!

Until then, just find a better hiding spot man. :p

The Doc
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Cooled down... - 03/14/06 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[quote]Originally posted by The Iceman:
[b] [QUOTE]Here is a clue Pat your dad is an adult and you're not.
Do you believe his dad was right doing what he did just because he is an adult? [/b][/quote]Just what are you trying to say here? Pat was simply venting(as he put it) about his mother pouring his alcohol down the drain, while saying that his dad is a borderline alcoholic. And I simply said that his dad is an adult, so therefore basically able to do what he wants while Pat is not.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET