Home

Clash of the Rat Pack

Posted By: Tony Love

Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/02/06 11:15 PM

When it comes down to it, who's your favorite member of the Rat Pack (between the main three):

Frankie

Dino

OR

Sammy
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/02/06 11:20 PM

What's the point of calling it the clash of the Rat Pack if it's not the whole Rat Pack? That's like a favorite Beatles poll with just John and Paul.

Anyway my choice is a tie between Sinatra and Martin.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/02/06 11:42 PM

All three were life-long friends, great entertainers in their own rights. Sammy to me was one of the most multi-faceted entertainer in history. He could sing, do imitations, comedy. Dean had that genuine charm about him, funny, spontanieous. Add Frank as the ring-leader and what you've got is the single greatest night club act in history.

Of course, all of you can deduce that I'll pick Frank because I can safely say that he is without a doubt the entertainer of the twentieth century. He was an academy award winning actor, a strong presence on screen and in front of the mic. His vocal capabilities along with his phrasing and marvelous capability to read a song and get to the heart of the lyric brought new life into the Great American Songbook. He had truth, most of all. You can't help but feel that Sinatra has been there and done that. He knows where he's going, he knows the ways of the world. He's fallen in love and cared for people. He's been stabed in the back and dumped, forgoten in some little bar at 3 A.M.
No one before or since has been able to convey such emotion, such glee and yet such pain, and comit it to tape. He sang about matters that mattered...

In other words, he was just simply the greatest.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/03/06 12:11 AM

Dean Martin
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/03/06 12:25 AM

At first I thought this thread would be about the friction within the Rat Pack. I don't know much about it, but wasn't there some hard feelings between Peter Lawford and the others (I only know this thru the movie)

Anyway to answer the question. Man, that is really tough. Sully, you are so right about Sammy Davis Jr. The guy could do everything...and well. Sinatra there is only one, and he was not only talented but a great pride to many Italian Americans, seeing one of their own (one of the first) make it so big.

It is a hard choice to make, but I went with Dean Martin. I suppose what swayed me most was the fact that he was popular in my household as I was growing up and have a special fondness of him I guess. Yet, actually, I can't decide between him & Frankie.

TIS

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/03/06 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
What's the point of calling it the clash of the Rat Pack if it's not the whole Rat Pack? That's like a favorite Beatles poll with just John and Paul
Big deal. I didn't know it mattered that much. I figured if you voted for Joey Bishop or Peter Lawford, you'd post that.

Besides, this poll was covering musical talent. Next time I'll seek approval for a subject before I post.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/03/06 03:24 AM

I was just saying, it was odd. Nothing meant by it.

Re: Clash of the Rat Pack - 01/03/06 03:50 AM

I understand.

It just annoys me when people nit-pick at my posts when I decide to start a topic.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET