Home

Happy New Year Everyone!

Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 02:35 PM

I'm afraid it's a bit too early, but here are my wishes for a Happy, Fun and Safe New Year's Eve! Make sure you have a sober driver and drink like a sponge! Eat like a swine! Have a great fun!!!!

And most of all, may all your dreams come true this 2006!

I love you, gang!

Buon Anno Nuovo!

I'll be back on January 16th. MISS ME!!!!!!
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 02:43 PM

It's not too early, Lav. I'd assume most of us to be too drunk or busy to pop in over the next two days.

I sincerly wish all my BB buddies a good new year and to really enjoy tomorrow night whatever you plan on doing. Try and get that kiss at midnight though. For the new year make time for the ones you love and take care of yourselves.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 02:48 PM

Thanks for the greeting! Lavinia, Jan. 16th?? That's one hell of a long time to be partying!

I used to go out every New Year's Eve when I was younger. I'd celebrate New Year's Eve more than New Year's Day. I'm afraid those days are long gone. Now, I'll spend New Year's Day with my family. Actually, I'm tired of cooking and am thinking of getting the family together and going out to eat, which is rare for me on a holiday. :p

Everyone have fun, be careful and have a wonderful 2006.

TIS
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 02:48 PM

Happy New Year everyone! Don't drink and drive! Get piss drunk and walk it instead
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Don't drink and drive!
Depends on what you do first

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:06 PM

I remember back in my younger days, one New Year's Eve:

I heard that if you drink beer out of a shot glass, one shot per 60 seconds, that you could get drunk on one beer. I tried it and although I didn't get smashed, I do think it worked. Let's just say, I was "happy" :p

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:08 PM

Tissie, you'd be drunk after a swig of beer. Stick to your little blue girly drink.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:20 PM

Turi,

It's never taken too much for me to get a little tipsy. :p I guess much depends on how quickly you consume, and your body weight, etc. I never was a huge drinker, but did go thru that "stage". My partying days (as far as major drinking)have long been over. I'll leave that to you young kids. However, I am not opposed to a few of those blue girly drinks amongst friends from time to time.

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:21 PM

I'll share a fish bowl of it one day with you TIS.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
I'll share a fish bowl of it one day with you TIS.
I'd look forward to it. I'm guessing you'd keep me laughing the entire time. I love your humor. Just take the fish out of the bowl. I'd never be drunk enough to swallow a goldfish.

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[quote]Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
[b] I'll share a fish bowl of it one day with you TIS.
Just take the fish out of the bowl. I'd never be drunk enough to swallow a goldfish.

TIS [/b][/quote]Oh god yeah. I wouldn't let you, a lady, drink from a dirty bowl with poo still hanging from a fish's arse. JGeoff, SC, Cardi, Capo and MaryCas are another story though.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:43 PM

And I'll bet Turi, you have a few drinking stories you could tell hu???? Most embarrassing? The time you were the drunkest? You know, things that only happen to Turi.

TIS
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/30/05 03:56 PM

Happy New Year!
Lavi, I shall miss you very much!
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 03:16 PM

Happy New Year to all!

Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 04:13 PM

I hope that all here in the GangsterBB family have a HEALTHY, HAPPY and PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 04:38 PM

Wishing all at GangsterBB.
A Very Healthy Happy New Year! Cheers

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 06:23 PM

So, has anyone started partying yet??? :p I say everyone should get drunk and start posting. Hopefully we'd all be "friendly" drunks. You know, when you everything is wonderful and you just love everyone.

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 06:39 PM

Quote:
So, has anyone started partying yet??? :p I say everyone should get drunk and start posting. Hopefully we'd all be "friendly" drunks. You know, when you everything is wonderful and you just love everyone.
Not yet, but I'm about to start. Not that I'll get drunk though... But I still just love everyone, you know!
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 06:47 PM

TIS, it's 10:45 in the morning!

...Of COURSE I've started partying!

Have a great time, whatever you all do tonight! And happy New Year!

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 06:53 PM

Look at it this way Zia. At 9:00 here, the East will have already had their New Year's, and we'll still have 3 hours to go. :p :p

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 07:22 PM

Quote:

TIS
I actually started **hicup** partying on Thursday evening and have been **hicup** partying ever since. We've been at a hotel since Thursday which holds this big New Years Eve celebration/party **hicup** . So we decided to check in on Thursday and start our party. As I write this, I am sitting at the bar, drink on my left, **hicup** ashtray on my right, laptop in the middle. But the drinks **hicup** just keep on coming!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ** hicup** Everyone!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 07:23 PM

Oh I hope tonight is good... Nobody drive.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:09 PM

Hi everyone. I'm directly reporting from New Year. I've met it recently, (it's nearly quarter to three) and I must say it looks pretty much OK, despite the fact that I allowed myself only Cinzano, and not a bit of Hennessy, believe it or not.
Now, I'm planning to sleep, so goodnight and Have A Very Happy New Year!
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:18 PM

Happy New Year!

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:18 PM

Happy New Year JM. Where are you? It's only 3:16 in the afternoon here and a very rain day. Who says "It Never Rains In Southern California?" :p I just hope everyone drives carefully. Californians don't handle rainy weather very well I'm afraid.

Anyway, glad you had a good time. Let us know how you feel tomorrow??

TIS
Posted By: Meggie

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:24 PM

Is anyone going to Times Square tonite? Me and a group of 7 friends are first stopping by ESPN Zone for appetizers and drinks and on our way out to The Square...Happy New Year to all!!!!

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:31 PM

Meggie,

Have fun. I hate the cold, but I'd love to be in Time's Square. Say hello to Dick Clark for me.

Don Cardi, what happened to you. Did you fall off your barstool? Cheers my friend.

Am I the only one not going out tonight???

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:32 PM

Quote:
Happy New Year JM. Where are you? It's only 3:16 in the afternoon here and a very rain day.
Thanks! Actually, TIS, I think that I must be somewhere in Moscow. We shall see tomorrow. Unless it turnes out to be Sahara I'll let you all know how I feel.
But it's such a frost outside, that's not likely...

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] Happy New Year JM. Where are you? It's only 3:16 in the afternoon here and a very rain day.
Thanks! Actually, TIS, I think that I must be somewhere in Moscow. We shall see tomorrow. Unless it turnes out to be Sahara I'll let you all know how I feel.
But it's such a frost outside, that's not likely... [/b][/quote]Moscow? Adventerous type eh? Don't know where to started from; Don't know where you'll end up? Sleep well and watch out you dont wake up next to a horse's head.

TIS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:49 PM

Quote:
Don't know where to started from; Don't know where you'll end up? Sleep well and watch out you dont wake up next to a horse's head.

TIS
You think I'm capable of ending up at Sicily tonight? Who knows!

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 12/31/05 11:49 PM

Looks like I'm getting drunk alone tonight. Anyone else spending the night at home?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Looks like I'm getting drunk alone tonight. Anyone else spending the night at home?
Technically yes unless you count my parents. I started drinking at 5:30PM and I'm on beer #4 already
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 03:23 AM

Happy New Year!!!! Thank God we have another year with Bush as our leader.

DS

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
Happy New Year!!!! Thank God we have another year with Bush as our leader.

DS
Every year has its downside.

Happy New Year DS!!! Hey, Cardi posted from a bar a while back and haven't heard from him. What did you do with him??

TIS
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 03:38 AM

Happy New year everyone,I spent the new year on the beach in ADELAIDE(OZ)really was a cool time,got very drunk which was good
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 05:02 AM

Happy New Year Everyone

edit: 1st post of 2006
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 05:15 AM

Happy New Year! I hope and pray that this year is more peaceful than 2005. God bless you all, have a good one!
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 05:16 AM

Happy new years to you all...it's been great being a part of this thing year after year.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
And days of auld lang syne?
And days of auld lang syne, my dear,
And days of auld lang syne.
And days of auld lang syne?

We twa hae run aboot the braes
And pu'd the gowans fine.
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne,
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld ang syne.
We twa hae sported i' the burn,
From morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne.
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 05:28 AM

Happy Valentines Day.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:03 AM

happy fucking new yetars aeveryone! i love you all! lolllll
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:23 AM

Happy New Year

2006, a year that will soon be remembered for more disasters, celebrities splitting up (that no one cares about), annoying pop stars crashing cars and getting away with it, deaths of good celebrities, and possibly one more celebrity trial.

I watched some of the "RAWKIN New Years" special and was annoyed to no end for several reasons.

1) Hilary Duff
2) Ryan Seacrest
3) Shitty music (Pussycat Dolls? Give me a fucking break)
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:25 AM

It's 2006 in Texas!

Happy New Year, to my best Internet friends!

May you all have a prosperous and fun year - keep safe, and have a great time!

One of my cats is in the culvert outside, and he'll probably be there until the fireworks stop...no idea when that will be! Until then, and afterward, I'll keep myself occupied with the Twilight Zone. I didn't have a very exciting New Year's, but I was with my family, so it was good. I played Auld Lang Syne from my Rat Pack Christmas CD when midnight passed.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
3) Shitty music (Pussycat Dolls? Give me a fucking break)
My mom just mentioned this - she asked me if I knew who the Pussycat Dolls were, and all I could do was laugh. I watched the scene in NY at 11:00 here, and that was enough for my TV viewing, besides TZ.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:31 AM

That's a good girl Gina. I must be the only man on here glad to hear Frank being played in Times Square.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
That's a good girl Gina. I must be the only man on here glad to hear Frank being played in Times Square.
It's the only "New Year's song" I know, and you can't go wrong with that CD. Though I was very tempted by the Pussycat Dolls, just as DV was.

By the way, using a Half Price Bookstore gift card from Christmas, I finally took a break from Maynard Ferguson to check out some other jazz greats. I found some great deals on CDs, so I bought two Dizzy Gillespie ones, a Louis Armstrong one, a Duke Ellington one, a "Best of Ken Burns Jazz" one, and a Sinatra one. Also, my parents gave me a Dizzy one for Christmas. It'll take me a couple of listenings to really learn the songs and enjoy them, but I'm glad to broaden my musical range.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
[quote]Originally posted by Mike Sullivan:
[b] That's a good girl Gina. I must be the only man on here glad to hear Frank being played in Times Square.
It's the only "New Year's song" I know, and you can't go wrong with that CD. Though I was very tempted by the Pussycat Dolls, just as DV was.

By the way, using a Half Price Bookstore gift card from Christmas, I finally took a break from Maynard Ferguson to check out some other jazz greats. I found some great deals on CDs, so I bought two Dizzy Gillespie ones, a Louis Armstrong one, a Duke Ellington one, a "Best of Ken Burns Jazz" one, and a Sinatra one. Also, my parents gave me a Dizzy one for Christmas. It'll take me a couple of listenings to really learn the songs and enjoy them, but I'm glad to broaden my musical range. [/b][/quote]Gillespie and Charlie Parker are the two God's of the Bee-Bop period. Gillespie had a rawness to him, with alot of hispanic hints in his work.

If you need advice on Sinatra, come to me. Look for his original concept albums. THose are masterworks.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:49 AM

Happy '06 everyone. I wish you all a great year ahead.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 06:50 AM

If I need advice on any of these guys, I'll be sure to come to you.

This is the Dizzy CD my parents got me, and I think I enjoy it the most. Charlie Parker is featured on it, but I ought to get one of his CDs. Half-Price is amazing, considering some of the deals you can find there, so I'll probably be jazz-hunting the next time I make it out there, also.

Are you familiar with, or a fan of, Arturo Sandoval? A Band friend at school told me about him, and I've listened to a bit of his stuff - I don't know him near as well as I do Maynard, but I love his music. It's got that latin jazz feel, and I really enjoy it.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:02 AM

If you guys are into jazz you should check out Oscar Peterson and Diana Krall. Funny you should mention Sandoval Gina, my brother's a big Sandoval fan. Have you seen the Arturro Sandoval biopic? Played by Andy Garcia, not bad.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:05 AM

I know of Sandoval and have seen him perform on TV. Great stuff, I tell you. I'm not into the Latin Jazz feel. I perfer the traditional stuff.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:15 AM

I'd never know of the Sandoval biopic, Jasani, so that'd be interesting to check out - thanks!

Sully, I guess I like a little of both - the latin twist is just so cool to hear.

I've been interested in jazz and big band music for a long time, but I've never really taken the time to "research" it, look into some of the history of it, and learn more of the artists involved, which I'd like to start doing.

(Sorry for hijacking this thread, guys - best way to celebrate New Year's is chatting at the BB, though. Right? )

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:20 AM

It was a tv movie. For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236285/
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:22 AM

Happy New Years everyone. hopefully, we all will have a better year or for those who had a good year, may 2006 continue to be a good year.
Posted By: SC

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 10:26 AM

May you all enjoy good health in this new year!!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 10:36 AM

Now that it's official (and that I'm home to tell about it).... Happy, Healthy, New Year, everyone!! May this year always be better than last year...

...With a special nod to Vercetti, the hugest Ryan Seacrest fan!!!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 11:40 AM

The book 1984 was quite futuristic, but not like the films 2001 and 2010 -- and yet, when they came out, those years seemed a lifetime away!

Funny, fiction is! I sometimes wonder why we haven't yet met up with such expectations from years ago.... cuz I, for one, would love a trip into space before I die...
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 12:54 PM

Happy New Year everyone! I hope You had a great time and that all the things You hope for will come true! Cent'anni!

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:02 PM

Alright.. so last night had its' peaks and lows.. but overall, I was more drunk last night than I have ever been in my entire life.. everyone at the party threw up but me.. and I have no hang over.. oh geeez.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 07:38 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR EVERYBODY HERE!

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 08:04 PM

Quote:
Alright.. so last night had its' peaks and lows.. but overall, I was more drunk last night than I have ever been in my entire life.. everyone at the party threw up but me.. and I have no hang over.. oh geeez.
I tought you were spending the night alone, at home?

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 08:23 PM

Plans change my friend.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 10:13 PM

I hope everybody had a great one! I did. I almost almost went to the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show at around 11, but we decided against it. Then we were gonna go to the Brian Setzer thing, but it was too far (Anaheim). But I thought of you, Gigi! But anyway, we had like 80 people over at our house, and a few of my cousins and I were going to slip away to go to the shows, but we decided it'd be more fun to be home with the champagne and family when the clock struck 12. And we were not wrong... it was a blast, as always.

Cool cd's, Gigi! Good music is the greatest gift. That sounds like the tagline of a Hallmark channel movie about like a music teacher or something.

DJ, I like Diana Krall too, but I LOVE Oscar Peterson. He's like the one person that every Canadian should be the most proud of. Everytime I listen to him, it just reminds me of how much more time I need to spend practicing.

Arturo Sandoval is good too, I like him a lot. He's got a whole mood of his own; when you hear his music, there's a different feeling in the air. Very cool. But I'm partial to piano (as you guys probably know) and if you're into Latin jazz, I recommend Chucho Valdes. He's got a really cool style as well. Kind of raw sometimes, but nice.

Btw, talk about a hijacked thread... jeez.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 11:18 PM

Letizia, my father owns a business at York University and a long while back there was some sort of Jazz concert or something going on at York. Anyway, he got to meet Mr. Peterson and from what he told me and what I know of him the man is a class act all the way. You're right, he's a national treasure. If only we could get Celine Dion to stay in Las Vegas and Shania Twain to come back to Ontario from Switzerland, then things would be really good.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 11:54 PM

Well, anyone into Latin music, in particular, traditional Cuban music, I highly ecommend the Buena Vista social club and their great album. A treasure in my collection.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/01/06 11:56 PM

Quote:
Plans change my friend.
Lucky bastard

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/02/06 12:08 AM

Quote:
Don Cardi, what happened to you. Did you fall off your barstool? Cheers my friend.
Never fell off the stool! Staggered off, had to be helped off, but never fell.

We had a real blast this weekend. And the New Years Eve Bash that the hotel threw was just fantastic. We basically partied every night since Thursday, with last nights bash being a blast.

Unfortunately we have to come back to reality. But it was one of the best New Years that I ever had.

Don Cardi

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/02/06 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
It was a tv movie. For Love or Country: The Arturo Sandoval Story. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236285/
I hope that I can catch this sometime. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Then we were gonna go to the Brian Setzer thing, but it was too far (Anaheim). But I thought of you, Gigi!
How I would've envied you if you'd gone! I still envy you just for being that close to him! BBVD would be fun to see, too, but Brian's obviously higher on my list. I'm still hoping for the Maynard thing to work out, but my cousin and I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone. But, oh, how I'd love to see Brian and his orchestra live!

Good to hear you're a Sandoval fan, too. The Band friend that I mentioned that told me about him did the funniest and coolest thing on one of the last days of school before the winter break. In Band class, after we took our final, we were all just sitting in the Band hall talking. The teachers were out, and he apparently had a Sandoval CD, because he was by the player, and all of a sudden, I hear Sandoval blasting through the room! Some songs I'd heard, and some I hadn't, but it was all good music. I loved that he did this, because there were a lot of other "popular" kids there who listen to the typical teenage music (they all had their cell phones out and were playing rap and such), and they all got pissed off when he put Sandoval on. I was just thinking, "Yes! Chalk one up for the (few) jazz fans!"
Posted By: E Lucky R

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/02/06 02:31 PM

Happy New Year everyone!
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/02/06 02:56 PM

Happy New Year Fellas!

GoodFella
Posted By: Blake

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/04/06 02:41 AM

I had a very happy new years but I was sad to find out the next morning that a friend of mine had been killed in a car accident.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/04/06 02:50 AM

Sorry to hear that Blake, my sincere condolences.

Re: Happy New Year Everyone! - 01/04/06 02:39 PM

Blake that's awful and I'm sorry to hear it. My thoughts are with you man.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET