Home

Beatles Albums?

Posted By: Irishman12

Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 03:06 AM

How many albums did The Beatles release before they broke up? Also, in what order? From what I've gathered this is the list:

1) Please Please Me
2) With The Beatles
3) Beatles For Sale
4) Rubber Soul
5) Revolver
6) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
7) The White Album (2 releases or 1?)
8) Abbey Road
9) Let It Be

Not to mention the soundtracks:
10) A Hard Day's Night
11) Help!
12) Magical Mystery Tour
13) Yellow Submarine

Was 13 the number of albums they came out with?
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 03:20 AM

I believe you've got them all Irish. As for the ones released after they broke up: 1962 - 1966 (The Red Album), 1967 - 1970 (The Blue Album), Live At The BBC, Anthology, Anthology II, Anthology III, 1 and Let It Be Naked, not to mention all the bootlegs, collections, and solo works.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 03:46 AM

The Beatles Discography
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 04:04 AM

I have this album (well, it's in Michigan). Call me crazy, but I swear it's titled "Meet The Beatles". I am wondering if the UK and US perhaps had two different titles??? I believe that's been the case with other song/album titles... Or maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.

TIS

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 04:25 AM

I always thought this was a good album, but I think the cover is interesting as well.

I read that each of the Beatles made a list of who they'd want on the cover. John's list apparently included Jesus, Ghandi & Hitler. This album release being only a short time after John's controversial "Beatles are more popular than Jesus" statement, they decided to exclude them.

TIS

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 04:47 AM

I know this might not be "appropiate" but I was wondering something that wasn't answered on The Beatles Anthology DVD. They never talked about the murder of John. Where were they when it happened? What was their reaction, etc?
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
How many albums did The Beatles release before they broke up? Also, in what order? From what I've gathered this is the list:

1) Please Please Me
2) With The Beatles
3) Beatles For Sale
4) Rubber Soul
5) Revolver
6) Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
7) The White Album (2 releases or 1?)
8) Abbey Road
9) Let It Be

Not to mention the soundtracks:
10) A Hard Day's Night
11) Help!
12) Magical Mystery Tour
13) Yellow Submarine

Was 13 the number of albums they came out with?
Yes. You have all of them.

As for the reaction to Lennon's death, all the Beatles were devestated I'm pretty sure of that. The biggest effect was probably forever eliminating a Beatles reunion.

BTW, did anyone know that in the 60's when Lennon was asked how he thought he would die, he said;

"I'll probably be popped off by some looney."

Wow. That gives me goosebumps.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 08:44 AM

John also said in an interview that he "didn't want to die at 40." Yet, he did.

Paul caught a lot of shit for his reaction. I have the news video downloaded on my comp. Try Limewire to download it. He really does show no compassion. I can't tell if it's shock or not caring. He just says,

"Boy, what a drag. Oh well, Cherri-o!"

He seemed uncaring but who knows. My guess is he had just had some big argument with John right before he died. But towards the end of his life, when he was taking care of Sean, John and Paul didn't talk too much. The rest of the Beatles only released written statements.

The Doc
Posted By: SC

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/28/05 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I have this album (well, it's in Michigan). Call me crazy, but I swear it's titled "Meet The Beatles". I am wondering if the UK and US perhaps had two different titles???

You're absolutely right, TIS. The U.S. releases of their albums were different from the Brits'. Irishman's list is that of British releases; our list is a little longer:

Beatles Albums Released in the U.S.
  • 1. Introducing... The Beatles, Vee-Jay Records (January 10, 1963)
  • 2. Meet the Beatles!, Capitol Records (January 20, 1964)
  • 3. The Beatles' Second Album, Capitol Records (April 10, 1964)
  • 4. A Hard Day's Night, United Artists (June 13, 1964)
  • 5. Something New, Capitol Records (July 20, 1964)
  • 6. The Beatles' Story, Capitol Records (November 23, 1964)
  • 7. Beatles '65, Capitol Records (December 15, 1964)
  • 8. The Early Beatles, Capitol Records (March 22, 1965)
  • 9. Beatles VI, Capitol Records (June 14, 1965)
  • 10. Help!, Capitol Records (August 13, 1965)
  • 11. Rubber Soul, Capitol Records (December 6, 1965)
  • 12. "Yesterday" ... and Today, Capitol Records (June 20, 1966)
  • 13. Revolver, Capitol Records (August 8, 1966)
  • 14. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Capitol Records (June 2, 1967)
  • 15. Magical Mystery Tour, Capitol Records (November 27, 1967)
  • 16. The Beatles ("White Album"), Capitol Records (November 25, 1968)
  • 17. Yellow Submarine, Capitol Records (January 13, 1969)
  • 18. Abbey Road, Capitol Records (October 1, 1969)
  • 19. Hey Jude, Capitol Records (February 26, 1970)
  • 20. Let It Be, Capitol Records (May 18, 1970)

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/29/05 12:35 AM

Thanks SC! I knew I wasn't going crazy. If I would have had the album here with me, I was curious enough to check.

Btw, I always thought Abbey Road was their last album together. Evidently, by that list, it was not. Time and age probably makes my brain a little soft. :p

TIS
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/29/05 01:13 AM

Quote:
Thanks SC! I knew I wasn't going crazy. If I would have had the album here with me, I was curious enough to check.

Btw, I always thought Abbey Road was their last album together. Evidently, by that list, it was not. Time and age probably makes my brain a little soft. :p

TIS
No your right again TIS Abby Road was the last album that they recorded.

Let it Be (or "Get Back" as it was originally planned) was recorded prior to Abby Road yet it was released after.

The same is true for Hey Jude.

BTW: The last song the beatles recorded together as a band was "The End"
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/29/05 05:36 PM

I read a story about the Beatles in a biography of Dick Clark that was pretty amusing. I may be a little fuzzy on the details, so if you know more, please correct me:

Two guys who ran Cameo/Parkway records out of Philadelphia, and who were former associates of Dick Clark, visited England in '63. Brian Epstein heard about them and made them an offer they couldn't refuse: He'd let them release "She Loves You" on their label, which he assumed would get massive play on "American Bandstand." If "She Loves You" sold more than 50k copies, he'd give them exclusive rights to all Beatles records in the US. What Epstein didn't know was that, following the payola scandals of 1960, Clark was forced to sell his interests in all of his record companies, publishing firms, talent management offices, etc., and to keep arms-length from them going forward. He no longer owned a piece of Cameo/Parkway or any other record company, so the two guys were former associates. They brought him "She Loves You," and Clark promptly opined that it'd go nowhere fast. It got no play on "American Bandstand" and failed to sell more than 50k copies. Sic transit Epstein's offer. Capitol got the Beatles, and the rest is history. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 01:48 AM

Fartoomanythat'showmany. :p

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 02:43 AM

I have countless albums dating back to the 60's. While it'd be impossible, not to mention expensive to get them all on CD, I am working on a handful. I just purchased The Stones Let It Bleed, and I want to get the White Album next.

It's not even like I play them constantly, but they are among my favorites and I want to have them on CD. Besides, I had a hell of a time finding a stereo system with a turntable. I finally did, but some of the records are all scratchy and don't sound as good as a CD.

TIS

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 03:15 AM

TIS you should check out these forums. See what those records are worth.

http://forums.collectors.com/categories.cfm?catid=14

http://forums.collectors.com/categories.cfm?catid=15

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 03:35 AM

Thanks DJ, but I'm not quite sure how it works. I don't see a list of records and their value. I'd be curious because I do have a large collection not only albums but boxes of 45's. However, not too many, if any, are in mint condition. I even have a couple of "extended play" records (well,actually they're my older brothers). You know with 3 songs on each side. One is Fats Domino and one is from the movie "Loving You" with Elvis Presley. Both are original from release date. I wonder if they'd be worth anything? Oh, and even before my time, my brother has Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer on the old 78 record.

I12, didn't mean to get off track from you're topic, so let me add, in the Beatles White Album, I still have the 8x10 color pictures of each Beatle that the album came with.

Anyway,thanks for the link. I'll keep checking and since the majority of my old records are in Michigan,I'd ha
ve to make a list and ask my sister about their condition.

TIS

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 03:57 AM

Yeah, I use those forums mostly for sports cards and memorabilia and I haven't really checked out the record collecting forums. However these sites should be of more help:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kennethdrury/topsites.htm
http://www.rarebeatles.com/
http://www.recordcollectorsguild.org/
http://www.theorlandomall.com/records/

What I would highly reccomend, if you're really interested in the value of your collection is checking out

http://music.listings.ebay.ca/Records_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ306QQsocmdZListingItemL ist

Ebay is probably the best place not only for purchasing all types of collectibles but also for gauging the marketplace. Although not officially a "price guide" per se, ebay should give you a pretty good idea of what people are willing to pay for your stuff if you decide to sell. It has been an invaluable resource in my sports card and memorabilia collecting pursuits (I'm a geek I know).
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 01:10 PM

the original UK post-help! albums are all some of the greatest music ever recorded - as well as the most innovative, & it's amazing how well it still holds up today. sgt. pepper's... being the best - but rubber soul being my favorite.

you have to remember how the record companies worked back then though - reissuing the same albums multiple times with a slightly altered track listing to appeal more to the "american market." still, the music's great - it's just frustrating if you don't know the discography inside & out - & trust me, it takes a while to get used to it. take it from someone who spent the better half of his earlier teen years collecting every US & UK release the beatles ever made. including the capitol records boxset & the original pre-rubber soul LPs & it really accumulates to alot. all very much worth it though.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 01:26 PM

okay, it seems as though all the albums were mentioned - but there haven't been any posts seperating the US releases from the UK releases & stating which ones were rereleased, etc. so, i'll do it for you now:

pre-rubber soul UK releases:
-please please me (1963)
-with the beatles (1963)
-a hard day's night (1964)
-beatles for sale (1964)
-help! (1965)

pre-rubber soul US releases:
-introducing ... the beatles (1963)
-meet the beatles (1964)
-the beatles' second album (1964)
-a hard day's night (1964)
-something new (1964)
-beatles '65 (1964) [despite the title, it was released in december of '64, not '65]
-the early beatles (1965)
-beatles iv (1965)
-help! (1965)

the tracklisting for the US & UK releases of help! & a hard day's night both differ slightly - although i prefer the UK releases for both.

post-help! releases, UK & US (this is the cream of the crop):
-rubber soul (1965)
-revolver (1966)
-sgt. pepper's lonely hearts club band (1967)
-the beatles [the white album] (1968)
-yellow submarine (1969)
-abbey road (1969)
-let it be (1970)

to my knowledge, only rubber soul & revolver have differing tracklistings between US/UK releases - after that, all albums released in both countries were identical. i could be wrong, correct me if i am - but i don't think so. the UK releases for those two albums are the only ones available on CD, by the way (& are, of course, in my opinion, the superior releases).

post-help! US only releases:
-yesterday ... and today (1966)
-magical mystery tour (1967)
-hey jude (1970)

of course, i'm only counting the albums released during their time together - there's also the "naked" version of let it be (without phil spector's overdubs), the mono/stereo mixes of the first four american albums, there's the yellow submarine "songtrack" (with the songs from the movie, & not george martin's scores), the live BBC sessions, the two past masters volumes (which compiled all their non-LP singles), their rarities (huge disappointment, by the way) & love songs collections, their rock & roll & oldies collections, etc., etc. - but to list those would be exhaustive. this is the definitive collection of their full length LPs released while the band was still together. hope this helps.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
okay, it seems as though all the albums were mentioned ....
ANTHUNNIE!!!

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 02:10 PM

Quote:
While it'd be impossible, not to mention expensive to get them all on CD, I am working on a handful.
I'd love to get all of the on CD but as you said, it's pretty expensive

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
It has been an invaluable resource in my sports card and memorabilia collecting pursuits (I'm a geek I know).
And it's been an invaluable resource in my DVD purchasing as well. I do the same as you and usually check Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com, Half.com, Amazon.com, and eBay.com before purchasing a movie online

Re: Beatles Albums? - 12/30/05 02:15 PM

Thanks for the lists Anthony Lombardi and it's great to see you back!

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/01/06 03:33 AM

Does anyone know of any good Beatles books to read? Any autobiographies, etc?

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/01/06 03:43 AM

I own this book and it sounds cliched but it's true, this is a must have for any Beatle fan.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/01/06 03:44 AM

Is it mostly pictures? Also, how does it differ from the DVD?

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/01/06 03:55 AM

Well there are tonnes of pictures, but let's just put it this way, you won't be able to finish it in one night. I have to be honest here, I've only seen snippets of the DVD so it would not be fair for me to compare the book to the DVD. The book basically traces the lives of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr individually and as part of The Beatles with short introductory biographical literature and bits and pieces of interviews from 1962 to 1970. It's a bit on the pricey side, I don't remember how much exactly (I bought it at Chapters about 8 months to a year after it came out) you should expect to pay between 50 and 75 bucks. You might be able to find some new copies on ebay for cheaper though.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/01/06 03:59 AM

What I'd love to do is buy all 13 Beatles albums in 1 lot on eBay but there's 700+ CD auctions I'd have to fish through just to see if someone's selling it

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 12:04 AM

How many of these albums have been released on CD's? I've only been able to find at BestBuy or FYE:

1. Meet the Beatles!
2. A Hard Day's Night
3. Help!
4. Rubber Soul
5. Revolver
6. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
7. Magical Mystery Tour, Capitol Records
8. The Beatles ("White Album")
9. Yellow Submarine
10. Abbey Road
11. Let It Be

I haven't been able to find:

1. Introducing... The Beatles
2. The Beatles' Second Album
3. Something New
4. The Beatles' Story
5. Beatles '65
6. The Early Beatles
7. Beatles VI
8. "Yesterday" ... and Today
9. Hey Jude

I know some of these are available in Capitol Records box sets but have all 20 of these been released?

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 01:44 AM

Seeing a total list of Beatle albums, I'm surprised at myself, as the only ones I actually own are:

Meet the Beatles!
A Hard Day's Night
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
The Beatles ("White Album")
Abbey Road

Of course, when i was young "singles" were very popular and I have many Beatle songs on 45's.

A whole lot of good music for sure, and although Sgt. Pepper, Revolver are great albums, my personal favorite still remains the White Album.

TIS
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 02:35 AM

I have a new found love for Magical Mystery Tour, personally.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:

Paul caught a lot of shit for his reaction. I have the news video downloaded on my comp. Try Limewire to download it. He really does show no compassion. I can't tell if it's shock or not caring. He just says,

He seemed uncaring but who knows. My guess is he had just had some big argument with John right before he died. But towards the end of his life, when he was taking care of Sean, John and Paul didn't talk too much. The rest of the Beatles only released written statements.

The Doc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1wSMibyuzU&search=mccartney%20on%20lennon%20deat h

I think its more agitation at reporters than anything else. When you watch the video, they are asking stupid questions - I mean, what do they expect him to feel? Sure, they had their disputes, but listen to Here Today, and you realize the love and admiration between these two giants.

Quote:
Is it mostly pictures? Also, how does it differ from the DVD?
The anthology book is more detailed than the documentary, as the DVD's use core material from the print version. However, I highly recommend the book, since it is the most in-depth and personal biography of each man and the Beatles as a group, in their own words.

Another bio that has just been released is The Beatles: The Biography but allegedly has many factual errors. I haven't read it. I consider the Anthology book to be the definitive bio, I don't know how more "in depth" you can go since it is The Beatles own words.

Quote:
What I'd love to do is buy all 13 Beatles albums in 1 lot on eBay but there's 700+ CD auctions I'd have to fish through just to see if someone's selling it
I've got an MP3 discography that features every song recorded by The Beatles (excluding Live at the BBC and the Anthology sets). Let me know.

However, I'm sure you can still obtain nearly all of those albums, especially from Amazon or other online sellers. Especially the new U.S. releases from Capitol.

Quote:
I haven't been able to find:

3. Something New
4. The Beatles' Story
5. Beatles '65
6. The Early Beatles
7. Beatles VI
8. "Yesterday" ... and Today
9. Hey Jude
Again, if you do a bit of research into each album (a good site is iamthebeatles.com, as well as the Wikipedia article Vercetti posted), most of those were compilations of UK releases repackaged for the US or material that has been released elsewhere on "standard" albums (though the MP3 set I mentioned has many of them). For example, "Yesterday and Today" is the notorious "butcher" album that was pulled because of the cover art.

The problem I've encountered is that I've got all the studio albums (excluding the new Capitol releases, which I still think are audio rehashes of stereo/mono songs already available) as well as the BBC, Red and Blue, and the three Anthology sets. There comes a point when you just keep buying the same material over and over.

I feel fairly confident that I have a copy of nearly every Beatles song that was released, with maybe a few exceptions for live or bootleg tapes from the Cavern or something along those lines.

But basically, Irish, buy the studio albums, the BBC, and the Anthology sets (as well as the book), and you should be a Beatlephile.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 03:08 AM

Having done some reseach I have found these releases that I initially couldn't find:

The Capitol Albums, Vol. 1
1. Meet the Beatles!
3. Something New
4. Beatles '65

The Capitol Albums, Vol. 2
1. The Early Beatles
2. Beatles VI
3. Help!
4. Rubber Soul

I still haven't been able to find:
2. The Beatles' Story
3. "Yesterday" ... and Today
4. Hey Jude

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 03:14 AM

Quote:
I still haven't been able to find:
2. The Beatles' Story
3. "Yesterday" ... and Today
4. Hey Jude
On vinyl you might, but not on CD. The material on those is available on other releases.

As I said, the Butcher album, for anyone with one of the original covers or the botched patchwork covers, is a seriously valuable collectible.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 03:19 AM

Also upon my research findings was the fact that The Beatles' Story was just a bunch of interviews conducted and put on a record. Also, the "Yesterday" ... and Today album is just as you said, previous songs added with 3 new ones to make this album. However, no luck with the CD formats of Introducing... The Beatles & Hey Jude

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 03:28 AM

Yeah Irish, like I said, I wouldn't be too worried about it. With the studio albums, Anthologies, and Live at the BBC, you've got the vast majority of Beatles material that has been released on compact disc, and like I said, most of the other stuff is poorly recorded demos or live recordings from bootleg recordings.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:

The Doc
Yea, I remember seeing that quick interview with Paul after John's death. It was puzzling for sure. Of course it's only a guess, but I'm assuming it was more shock or something. Even more than the public, he had to have been deeply affected. I can't believe he meant to be as cold as he sounded!

TIS

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 04:03 AM

DJ, a friend of mine burned me copies of the 3 Anthologies and they are VERY sweet! In fact, they're currently in the CD player in my car Is the Live at BBC material any good or no? I could have sworn I heard some negatives comments made about that CD
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Beatles Albums? - 06/29/06 04:21 AM

The Beatles are my favorite band now. I absolutely love them.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 07/03/06 07:52 PM

I got these today as a birthday present from my parents

Re: Beatles Albums? - 07/04/06 02:27 AM

Nice collection of Beatle music I12. I assume you have them on CD no???

There's something about albums though. The neat covers, and sometimes inserts and/or pictures. CD's are definitely more convenient and sound better, but there so compact that the "album" cover doesn't have the same affect it did when I was young. Then again, it's the music that counts.

TIS

Re: Beatles Albums? - 07/04/06 03:18 AM

Sorry TIS, I should have clarified, I got these CD's for my birthday. I'm going to try to get the UK albums so I only need 2 more (Let It Be and the White Album), plus the 4 soundtracks (Help!, A Hard Days Night, Yellow Submarine, Magical Mystery Tour), plus the 3 Anthologies and then I think I'm set. I can't WAIT to start listening to these bad boys. Now I have something new to listen to in my car when I commute to school next school year

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/16/07 05:39 AM

Has anyone ever listened to this album? I just saw it online and thought it might be a good listen.

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/16/07 01:19 PM

Yeah ive heard this album,Its OK worth getting just cause its John Lennon,few of his later (late 70's)songs on there,a nice slow album..
Posted By: Puppeteer

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/16/07 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Sorry TIS, I should have clarified, I got these CD's for my birthday. I'm going to try to get the UK albums so I only need 2 more (Let It Be and the White Album), plus the 4 soundtracks (Help!, A Hard Days Night, Yellow Submarine, Magical Mystery Tour), plus the 3 Anthologies and then I think I'm set. I can't WAIT to start listening to these bad boys. Now I have something new to listen to in my car when I commute to school next school year

Irishman12,

In addition to those you listed, I suggest you heavily consider picking up "Beatles - Past Masters Volume Two" because it contains brilliant and excellent songs/singles not found on their non-compilation albums (i.e., Rain, Revolution, Hey Jude, Don't Let Me Down, You Know My Name (Look Up the Number).

True, those songs are appear on other compilations, but those other compilations don't have all of them on the same album (so instead of buying 2 or more comp albums you only buy 1).

I'd get those 3 Anthologies last because they contain alternate versions and live performances (interesting and great supplements, but supplements nonetheless).

You're better off getting (in recommended priority):

White Album - not as cohesive as their other albums, but who cares, a lot of brilliant varied tracks sprawled over 2 discs.

Magical Mystery Tour - it contains Strawberry Fields Forever (just might be Lennon's best Beatles song and the best Beatles song overall); some average songs, but it contains 2 or 3 great songs and alot of good ones.

Help! and Hard Day's Night - the 2 best Beatles album before Rubber Soul. I lean towards Help! but that's my opinion; both are magnificent.

Let It Be - an underrated album. The string of 6 songs that open the album is excellent. "Dig a Pony" is underrated, IMO.

Yellow Submarine - I'd get it last

Beatles 1 - compilation album that has "From Me To You" and "She Loves You" (2 timeless early Beatles singles)...AND...the monster single "I Want To Hold Your Hand." It depends if you just want to get this compilation for only those 3 songs b/c the rest of the songs appear in what you have and the above mentioned.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/16/07 10:46 PM

Dont forget the "Blue and Red albums" that was released in 1974 in the UK.

1967-1970

1962-1966

A must for all beatles fan

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/16/07 11:15 PM

I think it's only a must for Beatles fans with a completist/collection desire. If one buys all the studio albums, he-/she'll have everything except a couple of non-album songs on the Blue and Red albums. And one can take care of those songs with the "Beatles 1" compilation (with the exception of "Old Brown Shoe" which can be found on "Past Masters Volume 2" with good and great songs not found on either Blue, Red, or Beatles 1) that is much much cheaper than the Blue and Red albums.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/16/07 11:36 PM

Anthologhy 1,2,3 are amazing albums in my opinion,some really amazing lost footage on them before they was evan beatles 1957-60.The recording of That'll be the Day was the first record they recorded and it you get you hands on that its worth about One Hundred Thousand GBP

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/28/07 02:38 AM

I got the Lennon Legends CD and the Paul McCartney 2-disc Hits and History (although I can't find the thread where I asked for help on them) In any case, can anyone recommend a decent George Harrison solo album? I know he did some stuff in the 1980s as part of the Traveling Wilburys which was some pretty sweet sh*t, but anything along the lines of Lennon or McCartney solo CD's?

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/28/07 04:11 AM

In any case, can anyone recommend a decent George Harrison solo album? I know he did some stuff in the 1980s as part of the Traveling Wilburys which was some pretty sweet sh*t, but anything along the lines of Lennon or McCartney solo CD's?

George Harrison's album, "All Things Must Pass, can be argued as one of the best solo Beatles albums. For my money, that distinction goes to McCartney's "Ram."

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/28/07 02:27 PM

Ditto
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/28/07 03:52 PM

I got the Lennon Legends CD and the Paul McCartney 2-disc Hits and History (although I can't find the thread where I asked for help on them) In any case, can anyone recommend a decent George Harrison solo album? I know he did some stuff in the 1980s as part of the Traveling Wilburys which was some pretty sweet sh*t, but anything along the lines of Lennon or McCartney solo CD's?

All Things Must Pass.

Re: Beatles Albums? - 01/28/07 04:30 PM

The last album George Made before he died was Brainwashed-2002 release a few months after he passed,really good album..You should try it

Any Road
P2 Vatican Blues (Last Saturday Night)
Pisces Fish
Looking For My Life
Rising Sun
Marwa Blues
Stuck Inside A Cloud (single)
Run So Far
Never Get Over You
Between The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea
Rocking Chair In Hawaii
Brainwashed