Home

'Downfall'

Posted By: Patrick

'Downfall' - 12/09/05 10:51 PM

I suggest this movie to anyone. Great film about the last days of Hitler. It's in German with English subtitles. It was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars, won numerous awards at festivals, and received 4 stars from Ebert. It was a fantastic movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0363163/

I'm in love with the leading actress too. Her name is Alexandra Maria Lara. Gorgeous.

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/09/05 10:56 PM

I really wanna see it, though Ebert gives four stars out like Halloween candy these days.

Another film I wanna see is a TV B-movie, where Anthony Hopkins plays Hitler, and supposedly brilliantly.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/09/05 11:12 PM

I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews of Der Untergang. Alas, I missed it at the cinema. Twice, in fact. Shame on me.
Posted By: Mad Johnny

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/09/05 11:36 PM

Screw The Bunker, Downfall is a billion times better.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/10/05 12:56 AM

I'd like to see both.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/10/05 04:49 AM

I was actually surprised at how much I liked this film. It was a little long, I felt, but I really liked how it didnt chose stories to follow, didnt mention the Holocaust save for maybe 2 minutes, and (aside from that last scene) it had a very doc-like feel to it.
4/5
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/10/05 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I suggest this movie to anyone. Great film about the last days of Hitler. It's in German with English subtitles. It was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars, won numerous awards at festivals, and received 4 stars from Ebert. It was a fantastic movie.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0363163/

I'm in love with the leading actress too. Her name is Alexandra Maria Lara. Gorgeous.

Even though I don't normally care for foreign films I wouln't mind seeing this one. As I've noticed lately that I'm becoming more & more interested in Hitler and the nazis.
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/10/05 12:18 PM

There have been alot of german movie productions dealing with the 3rd reich and the world war 2 lately. I havent seen "Der Untergang" yet but I will do so soon.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/10/05 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
...didnt mention the Holocaust save for maybe 2 minutes...
Well, it's not really about the Holocaust, it's about Hitler's last days.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: 'Downfall' - 12/11/05 03:08 AM

^^^^ Yeah I know. Thats why I liked it. Films that deal with/are about Hitler alwaystalk about the Holocaust. It was nice this one stuck to the subject and didnt.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET