A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/24/05 04:47 PM

Log off your computer and get your ass in the kitchen and start cooking

Happy Thanksgiving to All
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/24/05 05:39 PM

Typical! :rolleyes: I didn't know ass is being cooked for Thanksgiving. :p
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/24/05 05:41 PM

Here I thought this would be a nice sweet thread, telling us ladies not to work too hard.

DMF, get your ass over here and help me in the kitchen, right now mister!!!!!

My house is starting to smell good. :p

TIS
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/24/05 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
Here I thought this would be a nice sweet thread, telling us ladies not to work too hard.

Enjoy,

You know I'm just kidding but I could not resist.
I am working a little today and will join my family later, but when I'm home I do help alot with the cooking

Now go baste the Turkey

TIS

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/24/05 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[b] Here I thought this would be a nice sweet thread, telling us ladies not to work too hard.

Enjoy,

You know I'm just kidding but I could not resist.
I am working a little today and will join my family later, but when I'm home I do help alot with the cooking

Now go baste the Turkey

TIS
[/b][/quote]Of course I know you're kidding!!! That's why I'm joking back. Enjoy your day too. And go ahead and eat too much.

TIS
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/24/05 11:12 PM

Thanks DMF. Have a good one.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/25/05 12:32 AM

You sound like my brother, DMF. :rolleyes:

Truly, to all the ladies of the board (or men!) that put such great effort into preparing Thanksgiving meals and get-togethers for their family, it's a wonderful thing that you do. Hope you all found time to relax, as well, and enjoy your holiday. I see all that my mom does, and it's just amazing how much work goes into this event - I really admire her for it. I pitched in when I could, but she did so much for us today (and yesterday).

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/25/05 04:39 AM

Well I had a very nice Thanksgiving. Ate way too much and have left overs up the ying yang, but hey, no cooking for me tomorrow. :p Man, I'm tired.

A couple potential "accidents" however:

My house is not very big and to make room I mashed the potatos at the end of the counter by the sink. After dinner, my daughter was helping with dishes,letting the sink fill with water before using the disposal. She reached to the bottom of the sink to make sure no forks or silverware were there, and what does she find? The electric mixer....and it's still plugged in. My daughters and I freaked out. Thankfully, no harm to anyone.

Secondly, while checking the turkey's progress in the oven, I open the door and what do I find? A potholder sitting right in the oven. It was very very hot, but didn't burn, thank God. I could kick myself. Of course, I don't remember leaving it there. I am just thankful, we all survived Thanksgiving at my house.

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/26/05 01:14 AM

TIS, At least you made you remembered to MAKE your mashed potatoes - I completely forgot! My husband was carving the turkey, I was stirring the brown gravy, and all of a sudden, I remembered. Thank God we had lots of stuffing and sweet potatoe pie with the little marshmallows on top, and broccoli and green beans, and a turkey breast in addition to the turkey, and turnips, cranberry sauce and Italian bread, and rye bread. But for some reason we decided we needed to make mashed potatoes as well. In hindsight, we're glad that we didn't, as they never would've been touched.

We also had TONS of dessert - two birthday cakes, a bluebery cheese, an apple pie, a pumpking pie with fresh whipped cream and cookies. The best part is that aside from one of the birthday cakes, they were all homemade. And really good. I am so exhausted today that all I've been able to do is lounge around in sweats.

Re: A Thanksgiving Message to All the Ladies of the BB - 11/26/05 01:50 AM

I can't say I've ever forgotten to make the potatos, but I can see where that would happen. I had so many side dishes too, it's really hard to keep track. That's really part of the joy though. Eating good is so pleasurable. :p I gave a lot of the leftovers to my kids, and kept some for myself. It's good for a couple days, then I'm ready for something besides turkey.

TIS
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET