Re: George Bush... - 09/10/05 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Great!
Especially the last one.

"I knew Rumsfeld had to go trough all this, and Powell, well..."
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: George Bush... - 09/10/05 05:25 PM

Ha ha ha I just thought this was hilarious.

TIS

Oh, and I found another one too.

[img]http://jitcrunch.cafepress.com/jitcrunch...XNzaW9uPTk1fA==[/img]
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: George Bush... - 09/10/05 07:56 PM

Hey Italian, what about my favorite bumper sticker in some time.

"When Clinton Lied, Nobody Died!"
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: George Bush... - 09/10/05 07:59 PM

"When Clinton lied, his Sex Life died."
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: George Bush... - 09/10/05 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
That's hilarious!! Being the blonde that I am, I had to think about it for a
second-- good piece of... OHH!!
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: George Bush... - 09/11/05 04:36 AM

Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: George Bush... - 09/11/05 01:19 PM

Posted By: Latin Don

Re: George Bush... - 09/12/05 11:55 PM

I sware, I hate that freakin´ pal, im not a communist but I still thinking he is way worst than Castro!
See ya...
Latin Don.

.P.D.: I am not a communist, OK? Anyhow, I have nothing against communist! But I am not one!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: George Bush... - 09/12/05 11:57 PM

Why do I sense a colt of people coming after the 2 posts before mine?
Posted By: bogey

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 12:03 AM

Because its inevitable.

Just sit back and wait. :p

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Latin Don:
I sware, I hate that freakin´ pal, im not a communist but I still thinking he is way worst than Castro!
See ya...
Latin Don.

.P.D.: I am not a communist, OK? Anyhow, I have nothing against communist! But I am not one!
But He is way WORST than Castro!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 05:40 PM

Ya know, it's always interesting to read non-Americans perspective on the American socio-political-economic state....and especially when they do President bashing. Makes an American wonder why we keep bailing them out, loaning them money and buying their goods.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Ya know, it's always interesting to read non-Americans perspective on the American socio-political-economic state....and especially when the do President bashing. Makes an American wonder why we keep bailing them out, loaning them money and buying their goods.
Ditto MaryCas!

And Don Z. I didn't mind the monkey pictures, the funny stuff. Nothing wrong with anyone poking a bit of fun. But the Nazi picture with the Swat Sticker logo must go. That is over the line. Don't matter to me if Bush is in that picture, or Michael Moore, but using that logo is offensive and disrespectfull.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 06:00 PM

Call me an idiot but what's the insult to Bush in this pic?
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Call me an idiot but what's the insult to Bush in this pic?
Idiot! :p j/k

I don't know either. I guess I'm an idiot too.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:06 PM

I dont like those monkey pictures. They are an insult to the intelligence of the monkeys.

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:09 PM

Hey Don Tomasso,

Great signature.

TIS

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] Call me an idiot but what's the insult to Bush in this pic?
Idiot! :p j/k

I don't know either. I guess I'm an idiot too. [/b][/quote]GB is giving somebody the horns. Like a curse...right TIS, SB? Not the politically correct thing to do. Or he's counting to two.

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:30 PM

The gesture was taken from the Italian gesture by Ronnie James Dio (his grandmother used the gesture), who used it in concerts and it became a rock symbol. If he was pointing the horns at someone it would be a curse, but he is simply doing it as a rock-on gesture. There's nothing wrong with the pic.

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:37 PM

Nope, it's the horns.

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:46 PM

Not really, the horns is usually slapping your inner elbow and pointing the horns at whoever you're telling off. (thumb/middle fingers towards the floor)
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:48 PM

It's called 'Cornuto', isn't it?

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:51 PM

Nope, it's the horns my friend.

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 07:53 PM

I don't know the Italian name for it. I've heard many things. Many use it as a way to say "go fuck yourself" and some think it warns evil spirits. Like I have a gold cross I also have a gold horns gesture.

However insult wise I have never seen them with the horns in the air, although it's always seen in rock concerts.

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 08:06 PM

quote:
GB is giving somebody the horns. Like a curse...right TIS, SB? Not the politically correct thing to do. Or he's counting to two. :p

Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 08:09 PM

Well I was wrong, but still, just change music to sports.
Posted By: Eustachius Brown

Re: George Bush... - 09/13/05 08:21 PM

No, no, no

The picture is trying to imply that George Bush is flashing the Devil signal (first created by Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan in America)Thus, implying, that Bush is a Devil worshipper of sorts.

It could be, just by the horns alone, but nowadays those horns are used for sports and the universal Rock on sign so...

But the theory is not that for from the truth if you ask me...
Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Zadjali:
[quote]Originally posted by Latin Don:
[b] I sware, I hate that freakin´ pal, im not a communist but I still thinking he is way worst than Castro!
See ya...
Latin Don.

But He is way WORST than Castro! [/b][/quote]I agree, all these freakin´guys sit around and mangiare fancy stuff beliving their the last prosciutto in the world! They drive me sick!

Frank
Posted By: plawrence

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
And Don Z. I didn't mind the monkey pictures, the funny stuff. Nothing wrong with anyone poking a bit of fun. But the Nazi picture with the Swat Sticker logo must go. That is over the line. Don't matter to me if Bush is in that picture, or Michael Moore, but using that logo is offensive and disrespectfull.
Let's be fair here.

You didn't object when Double-J posted the picture of Hitler and compared him to Patrick.

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 03:04 AM

I remember that....

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 11:46 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by MaryCas:
[b] Ya know, it's always interesting to read non-Americans perspective on the American socio-political-economic state....and especially when the do President bashing. Makes an American wonder why we keep bailing them out, loaning them money and buying their goods.
Ditto MaryCas!

[/b][/quote]I Apologize
I'm sorry...

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 02:39 PM

Don Z.,

Apology accepted. I do value opinions and questions on our "way of life", and foreign perspectives can be interesting and informative. It's the basic way we live here in the US of A. Please keep your posts of an intelligent nature and we'll all make the world a better place to live.

Peace.

PS. The Bush/Monkey pics are considered political satire, they are kind of funny.

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 07:08 PM

So where's DC?

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 08:30 PM

Patrick DC is about 50 miles south of Baltimore, and just East of Virginia on the Potomac River.

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 08:37 PM

Awesome. Hopefully there's an internet connection there.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: George Bush... - 09/14/05 08:37 PM

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 12:40 AM

I'm bumping this for... DC!
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Patrick, DC is about 50 miles south of Baltimore, and just East of Virginia on the Potomac River.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[quote]Originally posted by dontomasso:
[b] Patrick, DC is about 50 miles south of Baltimore, and just East of Virginia on the Potomac River.
[/b][/quote]Actually I am NORTH of Baltimore and North East of Virginia.

Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 02:20 AM

I see you'd rather not reply to Plaw's comment. That's ok. I shall remember that in the future my friend.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 09:50 AM

OK enough of your silly comedy...I was watching part of Bush's speech at the UN yesterday and I had this thought about ONE of the reasons that non-Americans may have a negative view of him. It has nothing to do with his views or policies. It's the way he talks.

I may need help from Americans here as I'm not an expert on American accents or intonation but I was thinking, in his attempt to appear ordinary or one of the guys to Americans he speaks in a way which makes him appear an intellectual lightweight to many other native English speakers. Any thoughts??

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
I see you'd rather not reply to Plaw's comment. That's ok. I shall remember that in the future my friend.
Actually my young friend, Plaw and I took it off the boards and I replied through a PM. So don't get your yourself all excited about the future just yet.

Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
.I was watching part of Bush's speech at the UN yesterday and I had this thought about ONE of the reasons that non-Americans may have a negative view of him. It has nothing to do with his views or policies. It's the way he talks.
he speaks in a way which makes him appear an intellectual lightweight to many other native English speakers. Any thoughts??
Senza, one of Bush's worst traits is probably his inability for Public Speaking when it comes to giving a speach. It has definitely been a weakness for him throughout his service in government.

However there have been times when he's had to address this nation on a moments notice, and it seems that when he has had to speak from the heart, his delivery in those types of addresses have been much better and more natural.

Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Senza Mama:
It's the way he talks.

...which makes him appear an intellectual lightweight to many other native English speakers. Any thoughts??
He won't win any speaking awards. His cadence and delivery bother me. And he has a characteristic that Clinton and Nixon had - they have this phony-looking smile that they interject at seemingly inappropriate times. He also can't pronounce Nuclear.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:15 PM

Quote:
And he has a characteristic that Clinton had
Yes, but Clinton was an excellent speaker. Public speaking was one of his best traits.

Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:19 PM

Every time I watch Bush on TV, I get the feeling that I'm watching someone on Saturday Night Live who's imitating Bush.

It's almost like he's a caricature of himself.
Posted By: SC

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Every time I watch Bush on TV, I get the feeling that I'm watching someone on Saturday Night Live who's imitating Bush.
They really should stop showing him walking to/from Marine One. He looks like he has to concentrate "left foot, now right foot, left foot......".
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:31 PM

Quote:
[quote]
He won't win any speaking awards. His cadence and delivery bother me. And he has a characteristic that Clinton and Nixon had - they have this phony-looking smile that they interject at seemingly inappropriate times. He also can't pronounce Nuclear. [/QB][/quote]Yes I've noticed he sort of 'smirks' at inappropriate times e.g. his first reaction to Katrina when he said (paraphrasing here) "...I'm sure the good people of New Orleans will get their lives back together and America will be stronger "

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 01:41 PM

Carter is smart but not necessarily a good speaker. You could fall asleep listening to him. :p

IMHO two of the best speakers in my lifetime were Clinton & JFK. Both very smart and both very articulate.

Although I was only 12 when JFK was running for President, he was so likeable that I would listen to even his press conferences. Speaking of which, I remember him having a great sense of humor during these conferences and would lighten up any tensions by joking with reporters. In particluar some remark he made to a woman reporter. I wish I could remember what exactly was said, but I think this lady said something like "I have a few problems with....." and JFK said something like, "I'm sure you'll tell me what those problems are" and everyone in the room laughed. Does anyone here know what I am talking about? I know that isn't exact but you get the idea.

TIS
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 04:58 PM

So about Bush's speaking abilities, huh?

Who was the guy who wrote "mass-uh-chew-sits"?

He ain't a great speller either.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:14 PM

TIS,

JFK had a running but kidding around feud with a rather oldish woman reporter for, I think, one of the Wash DC papers.

He would always recognize her at every press conference, and he always responded to her question humorously or with a clever quip.

She wore very large hats, if I remember correctly, and her manner was unintentionally amusing.

Her name escapes me, but I'll see if I can come up with something on Google.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:26 PM

Plaw, I know exactly who you mean. She was rather prominently featured in a film about the presidency, perhaps Dave? Not sure of her name either.

As for President Bush, I think that as Northeasterners, we may have a problem with his style and cadence, as we did with Carter. We have a bias towards people who speak with a drawl, as we, consciously or unconsciously, consider them slow. Many Southerners think that Northerners are rude, even when they aren't, because of our rapid speech patterns.

However, in addition to that, he happens to be a terrible public speaker. President Clinton is a great speaker, and so is his wife.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:30 PM

I'm still Googling. Still can't find anything, though, Madam President.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:46 PM

Was it Helen Thomas? Here's a recent pic of her. I don't know if I can find a pic of her back in JFK's time.

Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:49 PM

Pretty sure that's her.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:53 PM

That's who I was thinking of too. I looked for older pics of her, but she still looks about the same. I remember she has always had a love/hate relationship with most of the current presidents.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:53 PM

Could be her, but I don't think so. I'd swear she had to be at least in her forties back in the early 1960's.

We'll have to look for Turnbull for this one. He'll remember. Or maybe SC.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 05:58 PM

Helen Thomas started covering JFK during his campaign and she's mostly famous for ending his press conferences with "Thank you Mr. President".

As an honor to her longetivity she usually gets to ask the first question in press conferences now.

I can't honestly remember if she wore hats, but I do remember she had a good rapport with JFK.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Could be her, but I don't think so. I'd swear she had to be at least in her forties back in the early 1960's.
She must be about 80 now, so the age would be about right.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 06:13 PM

I do remember her during the Reagan years. I can still hear him saying "Helen?" when prompting her to ask her first question. And SC, you are correct :

"In November, 1960, Ms. Thomas began covering then President-elect John F. Kennedy, following him to the White House in January, 1961 as a member of the UPI team, then headed by the late Merriman Smith. It was during this first White House assignment that Helen Thomas began closing Presidential press conferences with "Thank you, Mr. President," a custom that continued."

http://www.harrywalker.com/speakers_template_printer.cfm?Spea_ID=222

Don Cardi

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 06:50 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I see you'd rather not reply to Plaw's comment. That's ok. I shall remember that in the future my friend.
Actually my young friend, Plaw and I took it off the boards and I replied through a PM. So don't get your yourself all excited about the future just yet.

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]Whether plaw's post is there or not doesn't bother me. I shall remember that.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 06:54 PM

Don Cardi's picture looks like her.

Most well dressed women wore hats back then, SC. I remember hers as being large and outlandish.

Re: George Bush... - 09/15/05 07:55 PM

Yea, I think it was Helen Thomas and I think too she did use to wear huge hats.
I'd like to find a couple of exchanges to share, just for "old time" sake.

Now, I know this is a Bush thread, so let me ask who is going to watch his "speech" tonight? I hear it started out as a half hour, but is now shortened to twenty minutes. Boy, I know there's a joke in there somewhere, but I'll refrain.

TIS

Re: George Bush... - 09/30/05 12:27 PM

Posted By: Double-J

Re: George Bush... - 10/01/05 08:45 PM

I thought Helen Thomas is still given priority in the White House press room, she also had a friendly feud with Ari Fleischer as I recall.

Re: George Bush... - 12/15/06 11:49 PM

Good Ol' Days

Yummy

The Rapper
Posted By: olivant

Re: George Bush... - 12/16/06 02:24 AM

A shallow intellect.

Re: George Bush... - 12/18/06 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Helen Thomas started covering JFK during his campaign and she's mostly famous for ending his press conferences with "Thank you Mr. President".

As an honor to her longetivity she usually gets to ask the first question in press conferences now.

I can't honestly remember if she wore hats, but I do remember she had a good rapport with JFK.

SC I know who you are talking about but I also do not remember her name. She was always in the back of the room and she would ask these long winded arcane questions about some budget item in the commerce dept., and JFK would ply off of her questions with some kind of joke.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET