Home

PETA, animal lovers??

Posted By: Snake

PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/17/05 04:25 PM

PETA employees charged with animal cruelty

Friday, June 17, 2005 Posted: 9:16 AM EDT (1316 GMT)

AHOSKIE, North Carolina (AP) -- Two employees of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have been charged with animal cruelty after dumping dead dogs and cats in a shopping center garbage bin, police said.

Investigators staked out the bin after discovering that dead animals had been dumped there every Wednesday for the past four weeks, Ahoskie police said in a prepared statement Thursday.

PETA has scheduled a news conference for Friday in Norfolk, Virginia, where the group is based.

Police found 18 dead animals in the bin and 13 more in a van registered to PETA. The animals were from animal shelters in Northampton and Bertie counties, police said.

The two were picking up animals to be brought back to PETA headquarters for euthanization, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said Thursday. Neither police nor PETA offered any theory on why the animals might have been dumped.

Police charged Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of Norfolk, Virginia, each with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts of illegal disposal of dead animals. They were released on bond and an initial court date was set for Friday.

Hinkle has been suspended, but Cook continues to work PETA, Newkirk said.

Newkirk said she doubted Hinkle had ever been cruel to an animal and said if the animals were placed in the bin, "We will be appalled."

Now, who are the hypocrites again??
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/17/05 05:16 PM

Snake, is it me, or is your avatar going super-duper-fast?

Mick
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/17/05 05:20 PM

Never mind; I meant the one with the girl on the horse, but it's back to Bruce Lee now.

Mick
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/17/05 10:04 PM

Such a shame what happened to those animals.

DS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/17/05 10:14 PM

Personally, I am so sick of this "cruelty to animals" crap. I have pets, love them, and would never harm them. BUT, I also have two fur coats, lots of leather goods, and love a rare steak. I have had it with these idiots. Why does every single movie have to have that stupid disclaimer about the animals not being harmed during the making of the film?

I heard the most amazing statistic today. There are more animal shelters in the US than shelters for the victims of domestic violence. Why don't these women who march outside of Saks Fifth Avenue and throw paint on the mink coats go volunteer their time at a daycare center, or taking care of crack babies, or babies born with HIV? Why don't they join Big Brothers/Sisters and help mentor a child in need? Why don't they go volunteer in a soup kitchen??

Like I said, I love my animals, but I value human life even more. My mother-in-law is one of those animal nuts. We went to a wedding last week, so she came over to stay with the kids. When we got back, she was going on and on about how "adorable she was, how sweet, we had such a nice day together", and I thought she was talking about one of my daughters, but she was talking about my dog!!
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/17/05 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
PETA employees charged with animal cruelty

Now, who are the hypocrites again??
Hypocrites indeed Snake, so, empty vessels do make the most noise
Posted By: the bad guy tm

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/18/05 02:28 AM

i hate peta!! they wanna kill every american pit bull cuz there baby killers what a joke. peta came to my town and protested the local humane society to have all pit bulls killed.peta = worthless crap in my book
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/18/05 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by the bad guy tm:
i hate peta!! they wanna kill every american pit bull cuz there baby killers what a joke. peta came to my town and protested the local humane society to have all pit bulls killed.peta = worthless crap in my book
That seems to go against the PETA code, they usually put the lives of animals above the lives of humans.

As a life member of the NAHC PETA are one of my most hated organizations.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/18/05 06:38 AM

Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/18/05 08:01 PM

I'll be in that PETA!

"I'll have the Douglas Sirk steak."

"Will that be burnt to a crisp or bloddy as hell?"

"Bloody as hell."

Posted By: angiez23

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/18/05 11:39 PM

http://www.goveg.com/

http://www.peta2.com/

http://www.veggieboards.com/boards/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=902735

http://www.petaenespanol.com/

http://www.animanaturalis.com/modules.php?goto=Sind130

I know you hate PETA and thats cool with me, yes Im vegan and yes I do support PETA even here in chile, it isnt for debate or argue. Im not changing my mind ,you either, I respect that. its just the other side of the information. you cant blame all the people who is working for the animals for some jerks, though.

Angie.
Posted By: beatlewho01-02

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/19/05 04:17 AM

Why were there dead animals in the van anyway?
Posted By: Mignon

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 04:10 AM

I've seen the PETA bulding when I use to go to Norfolk when I lived in Virginia.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 04:26 PM

If killing a few lab rats cures cancer, I say off the lab rats.

Everyone is invited to the Big Manatee Shoot here in Fla next week.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 05:48 PM

I think that at its core (and its beginnings) PETA has the right intentions. But some of them are just complete whackjobs who go too far when they talk about saving lobsters from being steamed, etc.

One of the funniest things I ever heard was when a vegan PETA member was going on & on about how wrong it is to kill an animal just to eat its meat. The life of a cow/pig/chicken/fish is as sacred as yours or mine...she said.

Then the interviewer got her to admit she buys and was wearing at the time pretty expensive leather boots. She likes nice things, she said. He asked her why it was ok to kill animals for pretty clothes and not ok to kill them for food. Her answer was truly a PETA classic:

"....I dunno...."

The interview pretty much ended right there.

Apple

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 06:17 PM

There is some group out there that believes fruits and vegetables "feel pain" if you even pick them from a tree or the garden or whatever and slice them up. Anyone know what that gang is called?

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
...some group out there that believes fruits and vegetables "feel pain" if you even pick them from a tree or the garden or whatever and slice them up. Anyone know what that gang is called?
I don't know what they call themselves...but I'd be interested to know what they like to eat to keep themselves alive.

Jello?

Apple

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 06:36 PM

Apple, I would guess tofu, unless it hurts the soybeans.

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 07:35 PM

vegans dont eat jello or honey btw.

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angiez23:
vegans dont eat jello or honey btw.
I forgot...jello is made with gelatin which comes from horses or something like that. Honey is made by bees except I'm not sure how they are hurt when the stuff is extracted.

K...so what do they eat? Tree bark? I would figure that's tough enough as to not make a tree go ouch when you pull if off.

That reminds me...is syrup off limits too? I would guess it really hurts when you stick a faucet into those trunks.

Apple
Posted By: Krlea

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[QUOTE] Honey is made by bees except I'm not sure how they are hurt when the stuff is extracted.

One of my relatives is a vegan and she claims to not eat honey because the bee farmers are "mean" to the bees. I think it's silly but I do respect her opinion.

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 07:59 PM

Apple: Im not saying here thats good or bad, I was just telling you, what vegans dont eat, thats all, Im not here for changing anyone minds, I chose what I chose , b/c I wanted, I`m not an extremist and krlea and others who knows me a bit more knows that, I´m not even agree with all PETA says, like animals in labs, I work in labs, I´m almost a pyschologist so my work is based in watch animals in the lab for learn more about human bahavior, Im not a hypocrite, I´m not even an activist, I just wanted to show the other side of the info here, b/c for some people its important, in my case I dont even have to agree with it in a 100% way, I know its hilarious for you, etc , like why dont eat honey or tofu feels pain or whatever and I respect that, I get the same from my family and friends for 8 years, so its even hilarious for me, I dont wanna change anyone here or convert, Im not in that , only I wanted to give my opinion, like an active vegetarian/vegan for 8 years, thats all.

Angie.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
There is some group out there that believes fruits and vegetables "feel pain" if you even pick them from a tree or the garden or whatever and slice them up. Anyone know what that gang is called?
Wack jobs.

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angiez23:
Apple: Im not saying here thats good or bad, I was just telling you, what vegans dont eat, thats all, Im not here for changing anyone minds... I dont wanna change anyone here or convert, Im not in that, only I wanted to give my opinion, like an active vegetarian/vegan for 8 years, thats all.

Angie.
Fine, point taken, we all appreciate your opinion and respect your POV...now can you please tell me what vegetarians/vegans eat since you did not manage to address that in your response which I read twice just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Straw?
Seaweed that's already washed up on shore so there's no guilt about pulling from the roots?

Apple
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 08:34 PM

I was a vegan for five years and never went without eating something interesting. One just had to be more creative: Lots of fruit, vegetables, legumes, soy milk and tofu. Mix things with lots of spices, sauces, garlic, onions, etc and you can make some delicious meals. I know a killer veggie meatloaf (if doesn't stick togehter as well as regular ones though without the egg, otherwise you wouldnl't know).

But I have lapsed considerably.

Re: PETA, animal lovers?? - 06/20/05 10:04 PM

same here saladbar... well a vegan diet can be delicious if you arent afraid of be creative and mix stuff, well you can eat all your regular dishes using stuff like tofutti (soy cheese), soy ice cream, tempeh ( or soy meat), soy marguerine, etc. its isnt like ohh you can´t eat anything, you can eat all in a vegan version, even cakes (made it without eggs, btw). Also you have a lot of veggies and fruits for chose not only the basic ones, you can use avocado instead of meat too ( its have a lot of protein in it and good fat/low cholesterol).
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET