Home

Mel Gibson's Best Movie

Posted By: Debz

Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 08:26 PM

Seen the Jim Carrey poll and thought I would do the same for Mel Gibson, I think he has a few good movies and just wanted to hear your thoughts.
Posted By: Snake

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 08:58 PM

Braveheart, hands down!

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 09:02 PM

I agree
Posted By: goombah

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 09:22 PM

Even though he didn't act in it, I would say The Passion of the Christ. But from your list, I voted for Lethal Weapon. I didn't enjoy the other ones you listed.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 09:28 PM

We Were Soldiers
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 09:40 PM

I haven't seen many Gibson movies, but I have enjoyed the ones I've seen. I do like the "Lethal Weapon" series, along with The Patrioit, Signs, Ransom, "What A Woman Wants" (I think that's the correct title). Wasn't a fan of Mad Max, and Braveheart didn't appeal to me, so I never saw it, although hear it is good.

However,he is a decent actor, and seems to be a downright charming in real life. Let me add too, that I don't have to see all of his movies to know this guy oozes with sex appeal. :p

TIS
Posted By: Snake

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 09:45 PM

Yeah, that one was pretty good, but not vintage Gibson, IMHO.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/09/05 11:47 PM

The Passion of Christ.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 12:08 AM

I've got to go with Braveheart, but I like everything on the list.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 01:00 AM

Mad Max baby!!
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 06:15 AM

I'm not a huge fan of Mel Gibson, anyway I voted for The patriot. If Signs were in the list I'd vote for it, though.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 06:15 AM

Lethal Weapon!
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 06:39 AM

braveheart all the way. the first movie that actually brought tears to my eyes. (and don't tell anyone i know or i'll have to kill you, lol).
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
the first movie that actually brought tears to my eyes. (and don't tell anyone i know or i'll have to kill you, lol).
what's wrong with having tears in your eyes? Crying is a very human thing. Being moved is a very human thing. I don't understand why you guys mistake virility with coldness. A girl with a brain will never think you're a sissy just because you get moved by a movie. I'd only object to the specific movie you are moved by, but that's another issue.....

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

However,he is a decent actor, and seems to be a downright charming in real life. Let me add too, that I don't have to see all of his movies to know this guy oozes with sex appeal. :p

TIS
Lol yeh he does that...for being 40 odd when he did What Women Want man he was still good looking!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 12:14 PM

Braveheart without a dout his best film
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/10/05 12:15 PM

I've loved all movies of Mel Gibson that I've watched except for Signs. But I say Braveheart was the best.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/11/05 08:37 AM

I liked "man without a face", where he plays the role of a teacher who is accused of molesting a child. On the other hand, I hated his "what women want". Signs was OK. Still to see (except "we were soldiers") the movies you listed there including braveheart
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/11/05 09:11 AM

I'm not a big Mel Gibson fan, but I liked Maverick a lot.

I used to love the original TV show with James Garner (c.1960 or so), and I thought he captured the essence of the character very well.
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/11/05 10:10 AM

The Passion Of Christ (he didnt act in it though)
I didnt see many of his movies, but I enjoyed the Lethal Weapon movies... Still have to see Braveheart though...
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/11/05 04:00 PM

Mad MAx Thunderdome. Its been all downhill from there (except for Braveheart).
Posted By: Aziatic

Re: Mel Gibson's Best Movie - 05/11/05 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
Mad MAx Thunderdome.
Is it one of those hate it or love it movies?
Heard either that its great or it sucked big time
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET