Home

Jim Carrey's Best Film

Posted By: DE NIRO

Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/07/05 08:27 PM

Best Comedy actor of the last generation, my fav film has to be Dumb and Dumber Whats Your
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/07/05 08:28 PM

What about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind?

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/07/05 08:28 PM

Cant be that good,never heard of it
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/07/05 08:29 PM

Out of all of his films, Eternal Sunshine For the Spotless Mind is the best by far. But since I cannot vote for that I said Ace Venture-Pet Detective. I have yet to see The Truman Show.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/07/05 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DE NIRO:
Cant be that good,never heard of it
You've never heard of it?

You must not live in the US.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/07/05 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonVitoCorleone:
[quote]Originally posted by DE NIRO:
[b] Cant be that good,never heard of it
You've never heard of it?

You must not live in the US. [/b][/quote]No from the UK.

The Trueman show is Good,i recommend you watch it DV.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/08/05 10:14 PM

Jim Carrey has long been a favorite of mine, and its nice now that he's getting some recognition for his acting. ESotSM is his best, not only becuase of his work, but the work of everyone connected to that film. One of 2004's best. The Truman Show and Man on The Moon are also excelent films.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/08/05 10:19 PM

I've always wondered,why they never got the two to play the parts for Dumb amd Dumberer(when harry met lloyd)would have been a better film
Posted By: Michael/Corleone

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/08/05 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Out of all of his films, Eternal Sunshine For the Spotless Mind is the best by far. But since I cannot vote for that I said Ace Venture-Pet Detective. I have yet to see The Truman Show.
I agree. I saw Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless mind two days ago, and I couldn't believe the performance Jim Carrey was able to pull off. I always thought of him as an actor who was only good at making faces, but he proved me wrong. Truman Show was excellent too, and I thought few (or no) movies had ever explored that theme.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/08/05 10:49 PM

I have never been a Jim Carrey fan. His antics are annoying to me. I prefer comedians that say funny things (Rodney Dangerfield) rather than ones that do funny things (Jim Carrey).

My favorite Jim Carrey movie is Dumber and Dumber.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 06:56 AM

Since I haven't watched "Eternal Sunshine For the Spotless Mind" yet, my fav Jim Carrey's movie is "The Majestic" so far, which was not in the poll list (I wonder why? It is a good movie and Jim is great!)....
Posted By: Debz

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 08:22 PM

I really liked Liar Liar and I really liked Bruce Almighty, I went for Bruce Almighty cuz I have seen that one recently and think its really funny. Liar Liar is also a really good film though.
Posted By: SlimTrashman

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 09:13 PM

Jim Carey is...

1. talentless
2. spinless
3. and a sell out

I met him at some signing at a nearby wall when I was 10-12 he totally blew me, my brother and my friend off.

asshole

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 09:31 PM

Yeah, because he blew you off, he automatically becomes talentless and a sell out.

Care to elaborate? :rolleyes:
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 09:49 PM

Jim Carrey would have to be my favorite actor, since my childhood, growing up on the two Ace Ventura films. I personally do not see how you can call him talentless, he is one of the most talented actors in the movies today, and may be the funniest. I voted for Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, although The Truman Show was very good, and away from his comedy side. I have yet to see ESotSM, but I hope to soon.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 09:55 PM

He's talentless as well. All of the characters he plays, are the exact same. Literally, all eccentric with no character background [ im not speaking 100% but at least 95%]. It doesnt take someone with talent to make funny expressions.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 10:01 PM

It's his comedic energy that makes his films entertaining, just like Robin Williams. And both have another thing in common; both proved they could act against their typecasting. Carrey proved this in Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind and Williams in Insomnia and One Hour Photo.

Sure, Carrey has not done many films against his type, although The Majestic also sounds like it's against his type. What it seems like to me is that you were a fan who got pissed at that incident, so you washed your hands of him.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 10:08 PM

Enternal Sunshine was magnificent! It fed my needs for obscure and horribley out of place, yet satisfyingly serious and dramatic in all its strangness.

As far as his more comedic, "trade-mark", material goes, I always loved Dumb and Dumber. There is always some line or sub-context joke that you pick up on with each increasing viewing.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/09/05 10:36 PM

STM, I'm confused. How did he blow you off? If it was at a signing, wouldn't there just be a line? Did he just say "I'm not signing yours' when you got up there," or what?

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 12:51 PM

He doesn't seem the kind of person who would blow you away if asking for an autograph
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 12:58 PM

Quote:
He doesn't seem the kind of person who would blow you away if asking for an autograph
Maybe he was asking to sign a check?

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 12:59 PM

Yeah Maybe
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 01:40 PM

I am probably way out there on this one, and while I love all of his work, especially Dumb and Dumber, I think his best is the Cable Guy, which most people think was a flop. I think it is a very very dark movie, and I wish he ended up dead at the ending.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
I am probably way out there on this one, and while I love all of his work, especially Dumb and Dumber, I think his best is the Cable Guy, which most people think was a flop. I think it is a very very dark movie, and I wish he ended up dead at the ending.
Thats one of his only films i havn't seen
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 07:42 PM

cable guy is the best
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 07:59 PM

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events isn't on there so my vote goes for that
Posted By: Family Honour

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 08:04 PM

I disliked Carrey completely till I saw The Truman Show (which I voted for). I liked me myself and Irene (which has no votes yet!) I want to see the Cable Guy, I've heard good stuff about that. I admit now he is a far better actor than I had him pegged for

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/10/05 09:13 PM

we were waiting in the line for about an hour and then when we got to the front there were still a large amount of fans behind us and here are three little kids who obviously look up to him and he decides to leave as soon as were at the front.

very scarring

and have you heard stuff about what he does on movie sets. He attacked Jerry Lawler on the set of "Man on the Moon" and it was reported that he paid little to no attention to the children on "a series of unfortuante events"

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 05/11/05 02:42 AM

Well, if he gave you guys your autographs, what about the next people, if he left when they got there, they'd be pissed too. Plus, why were you in line for his autograph if he is not talented. I just believe he is very talented, whether a good person or not.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/03/05 04:30 AM

I started watching "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind" on the plane to Oz,I watched about an hour of it,but i was so tired i couldn't watch it all,but what i seen of it,it looked like a decent film,Kate Winslet's role was annoying though.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/03/05 02:23 PM

Quote:
Kate Winslet's role was annoying though.
But I don't think anyone can say she didn't play a ditsy American girl to the T.

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/03/05 02:40 PM

The scene where she has the blue hair,i think that is quite sexy
Posted By: zo

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/03/05 09:30 PM

i didnt vote because his all time best movie is eternal sunshine of the spotless mind....by far!!!! great acting and excellent storyline
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/04/05 07:24 AM

The Mask is a good movie....
The Cable Guy too....
My fav is Me myself and Irene....

Don Zadjali
Posted By: Silvio

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/05/05 08:56 PM

Funniest: Dumb and Dumber, followed closely by Cable Guy
Best: Truman Show, followed by Cable Guy again
Posted By: HalJordan

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/07/05 06:28 PM

of those listed I got to go with:

The Cable Guy

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/07/05 06:32 PM

Very good choice HalJordan. Which reminds me, did you ever see Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events?
Posted By: HalJordan

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/07/05 07:13 PM

Yeah, thats up there in the top 3 for him, I had forgot about that one it may acctually be my fav

Re: Jim Carrey's Best Film - 06/07/05 07:29 PM

There you go! Glad you enjoyed it
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET