Home

memento Spoilers

Posted By: The Irish Mafia 28

memento Spoilers - 03/01/05 09:46 PM

I seen the whole movie, but I just do not understand it. Does anyone understand it? If so, could someone explain it to me.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: memento Spoilers - 03/01/05 10:19 PM

I own it and understand it. What don't you get? Lenny or Lenald (play by Guy Pearce) lost his short term memory and hence cannot make new memories so he takes pictures and writes notes down on them. Teddy (play by Joey Pants) is a cop who earlier helped Lenny track down "John G" and Lenny killed him (that's what that picture was from with Lenny looking so happy). But as Teddy said, it didn't stick and so he continued to help him track down possible "John G's" for Lenny to kill to avenge his wife's "death" (when in actuality Lenny killed his wife with the insulin).
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: memento Spoilers - 03/01/05 10:29 PM

Teddy used Lenny to kill a drug dealer, not to help him.

Lenny escaped from a hospital abd made up a "John G" story through constant confusion, and over time conditioned himself to do certain things. Teddy helped him find the real John G and had Lenny kill him, when he realized LEnny forgot it, he decided to use him again to kill Grants. When Lenny found out about this in the end of the film, he realized he was used to kill someone, and wanted to make sure it would never happen again, hence making Teddy the new John G.

If you read the original script he states it at the end "I have to make sure you'll never do this again" to himself in the car. There are many other interpretations. Here's a good site.

http://www.designpattern.org/mementofaq.htm
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: memento Spoilers - 03/02/05 12:31 AM

I think the black-and-white part goes backwards in time, and the color part (which I think is the history part) goes forward. At least that's what I figured after several times of watching it. Or was it vice versa? I can't remember now, it's been a while since I last saw it, but IMO, one of those goes forward and the other goes backward.

Just my interpretation... I told one of my friends that, and he said he sees it too, and then I told my cousin, who said I was off my nut. So I don't know.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: memento Spoilers - 03/02/05 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
I think the black-and-white part goes backwards in time, and the color part (which I think is the history part) goes forward. At least that's what I figured after several times of watching it. Or was it vice versa? I can't remember now, it's been a while since I last saw it, but IMO, one of those goes forward and the other goes backward.

Just my interpretation... I told one of my friends that, and he said he sees it too, and then I told my cousin, who said I was off my nut. So I don't know.
There's two parts. The black and white scenes go forward in time. The color scenes go backward in time, and in the last black and white scene, it meets the color scene and then finishes off.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: memento Spoilers - 03/02/05 01:53 AM

Okay, so I was right, with the vice versa one. Something like that, whatever. My cousin made me feel like an idiot, like I got it all wrong.
Posted By: The Irish Mafia 28

Re: memento Spoilers - 03/10/05 04:52 AM

Thanks guys
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET