Home

plaw Hits 7,000

Posted By: SC

plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 06:51 PM

plawrence has made his 7,000th post. Does this mean its the end of the road?

Congratulations, buddy!
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 07:48 PM

Congrats plaw! I also love reading your post and you are truly an asset to this board, so thank you! Hope the road to 8,000 is as pleasent as was the road to 7,000
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 08:12 PM

A gentleman, a fine guy, an excellent writer, sweet-tempered, always a font of knowledge and courtesy. Congrats, pl!
(P.S.: If we eliminated his sports posts and those on whethere there were five or six Families in GF, pl'd have about 23 posts )
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 08:55 PM

Congrats. To one of my favorite posters here. A talented writer and interesting fellow. Enjoy!

The Doc
Posted By: XDCX

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:02 PM

Congrats, to an intellegent, thoughtful, yet opinionated man. I don't know you personally, but I know you from the boards, and from what JG, SC, and Turnbull say, and you seem like a sweel guy. You are one of, if not the biggest asset to this site. Congratulations, my friend. Here's to 14,000! Salut!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:13 PM

Way to go PLaw!

Now, I am sure I'm not the one to do the breakdown of PLaw's posts, but heck, let me give it a try.

5,000 on the sports thread (with probably 2,500 bragging about his wins; and 2,500 crying about his losses? Am I right Geoff/DB/SC?? :p (This is only a guess, since I don't frequent the sports thread. However, I am sure some of those who do, will be a little more accurate.)

1,000 - defending "everyones" constitutional rights.

1,000 Short remarks to posts with his quick wit and charming manner and great poetry.

Congrats to one of my favorite people here.

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:16 PM

Congrats, Paisano! You're always a pleasure to have around!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:23 PM

I would like to start off by saying that back in November I was both honored and fortunate enough to meet Plaw in person for the first time. For those who have never met Plaw face to face, I can sincerely tell you that he is a real gentleman! It was a pleasure to be in his company. He is a very knowledgable man, respectful and classy! I truly enjoyed his conversation and his knowledge of many diffferent subjects. Yes fellow board members, those who have not yet been fortunate enough to have met Plaw like I have don't have any idea of what kind of a person he truly is! Plaw, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And please don't ever leave these boards! I hope that we will both be here so that I can congratulate you on your 70,000th post!

Oh, and what I said above, I sincerely mean and believe! For it is my CONSTITUTIONAL right to give my opinion of you, and legally there is nothing that you can do to stop me!

Again, Congrats my friend!

Don Cardi
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:23 PM

Congratulations. It is always a pleasure reading your posts.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:29 PM

Congrats, hope to meet you some day...
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/10/05 09:45 PM

Plaw, even when people misunderstand and take your sarcasm seriously, they still love you!! Imagine that. Congrats to one of my all-time favorite members.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 02:11 AM

Congrats, my friend! Thanks for the fun times -- the Nets games, the fantasy games, the terrific company for dinner, and especially for keeping FS in line!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
5,000 on the sports thread (with probably 2,500 bragging about his wins; and 2,500 crying about his losses? Am I right Geoff/DB/SC??
That's close. I'd say 2000 posting scores and standings, 1000 bragging about being 1st or 2nd, 1000 statistical analyses, 500 missing his MWA, and 500 complaining about penis. (He doesn't cry about his losses, cuz he doesn't lose - he'd rather quit, like in Golf. :p )
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 02:14 AM

coNgratulatIonS Plaw I think you add a lot to thEse boards!

Saving my good congratulatory speech for next week's 8,000 :p
Posted By: Patrick

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 02:21 AM

Congrats, big bro (times 2)!

They've been 7,000 great posts indeed...
  • 3,967 posts in the sports forum
    943 posts that were sarcastic remarks taken seriously
    721 posts picking on a certain teenager( ) because he's near last in fantasy basketball
    577 posts about Frank Vincent
    462 posts talking to JG and DMC about penises
    319 posts favoring one issue just because it will stir up controversy or tick someone off
    10 posts accusing Douche of cheating in Fantasy Basketball
    1 post agreeing with DC (and it was about garlic bread being good)
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Congrats, big bro (times 2)!

[/list]
BIG BRO! I Love It!!!

Geoff, can you change Plaws BB name to BIG BRO?

Don Cardi
Posted By: Mignon

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 03:07 AM

Congrats Plaw. I to love reading your posts. Especially when you correct someones spelling or grammar. Hopefully I can meet you this year if they have the gangster convention.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 03:30 AM

congratz to u pe luaw i hop e u injoyd ur 7000 p ost s :p
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
congratz to u pe luaw i hop e u injoyd ur 7000 p ost s :p
Nice to see DSC's spelling improve! :p
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 08:09 AM

Congrats, Plaw!

Someone said I could be "the feminine Plaw" due to the fact that I tend to be meticulous when it comes to grammar and spelling..... It's such an honour for me to be somehow connected to you, especially after reading all the beautiful things all the people here said of you!

Felicitazioni e auguri!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 01:58 PM

Where is PLaw???? I haven't seen him around much lately. Of course then, I haven't been around the sports thread. :p

TIS
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 03:05 PM

Congrats plaw! You hit 7,000 faster than JG and DMC hits...

Oh never mind.

Congrats to the man who keeps me on my toes in the fantasy sports threads. It's been an honor and a privilege competing and getting to know you.

Now will you just ease on the gas a bit...
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 04:11 PM

Congratulations

High school baseball season is coming up soon... do I have permission for my own baseball thread? :p
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 04:20 PM

Well done mate,Heres to 7000 more
Posted By: JustMe

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 04:20 PM

Congratulations, Plawrence! You are sooo smart!
Posted By: Blake

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 07:13 PM

Conrats Plaw!
Posted By: plawrence

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 10:40 PM

I must say that I'm humbled, flattered, and proud of all the kind words, including, I believe, having it said about me that I'm a gentleman, a fine guy, an excellent writer, sweet-tempered, always a font of knowledge and courtesy, a talented writer, an interesting fellow, intelligent, thoughtful, quick witted, charming, a pleasure to have around, knowledgable, respectful, classy, an all-time favorite member, terrific company for dinner, sooo smart, and with whom it has been an honor and a privilege competing and getting to know, and an honour to be somehow connected.

Not to mention "one of, if not the biggest asset to this site."

Whew!

All true, of course

I am not, however, sarcastic or opinionated.

And until xXxDCxXx can provide us with a definition, I can't really say whether or not I'm "sweel".
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 10:58 PM

One of the better members throughout all of last year's horrid anti-Moore pro-Brush spamming campaign; he was the very embodiment of how to argue thoughts in a coherent, readable, fashionable and admirable manner. Kudos.

You're not too bad outside of those debates too.

Mick

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I must say that I'm humbled, flattered, and proud of all the kind words, including, I believe, having it said about me that I'm a gentleman, a fine guy, an excellent writer, sweet-tempered, always a font of knowledge and courtesy, a talented writer, an interesting fellow, intelligent, thoughtful, quick witted, charming, a pleasure to have around, knowledgable, respectful, classy, an all-time favorite member, terrific company for dinner, sooo smart, and with whom it has been an honor and a privilege competing and getting to know, and an honour to be somehow connected.

No argument with the above, but you left out "windbag".

P.S. The word "honor" here in the U.S. has no "u". :p
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/11/05 11:08 PM

PLAW - You rock dude! Keep up the good postings!
Posted By: fathersson

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] I must say that I'm humbled, flattered, and proud of all the kind words, including, I believe, having it said about me that I'm a gentleman, a fine guy, an excellent writer, sweet-tempered, always a font of knowledge and courtesy, a talented writer, an interesting fellow, intelligent, thoughtful, quick witted, charming, a pleasure to have around, knowledgable, respectful, classy, an all-time favorite member, terrific company for dinner, sooo smart, and with whom it has been an honor and a privilege competing and getting to know, and an honour to be somehow connected.

No argument with the above, but you left out "windbag".

P.S. The word "honor" here in the U.S. has no "u". :p [/b][/quote] And he spelled Knowledgeable wrong and also left out "Ballbuster"

Wait and you will see Pee's sarcastic reply below.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 12:39 AM

I was saving my thoughts until 8K, it's only a month away but he deserves it. Plaw is a nutcase and I can't see how anyone would not get along with him. Though many take him the wrong way, as he has done to me I may add, he's a top guy with a great sense of humour.

I appreciated the 'Honour' remark even though I'm sure it was made unintentionally.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 12:48 AM

Plaw has pleasantly posted a plethora of prognostication in proportion to the parameters of his penis. Seven thousand theoretical thoughts on thoroughly en-thralling and thrilling sporting events. He has even managed to morosely malign the misanthropic myriad of meloncholy mystics who benignly belittle and beseige his em-battled brain with constitutional constipation which is continually contradictory to any coincidental contrivance or convivial concurrence with liberal views. In short Plaw, you are probably the only person here who knows what I am helplessly hoping to convey.

And yes, someday we will meet at Appalachia with Don Geoff, and his capos.

Peace, love and understanding.

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
he spelled [b]Knowledgeable wrong and also left out "Ballbuster"

Wait and you will see Pee's sarcastic reply below. [/b]
I didn't spell it, I just quoted it.

Nice to know that it took my special day to haul you out of retirement, FS.

Baseball starts soon. Hope you're planning to join us.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Plaw has pleasantly posted a plethora of prognostication in proportion to the parameters of his penis. Seven thousand theoretical thoughts on thoroughly en-thralling and thrilling sporting events. He has even managed to morosely malign the misanthropic myriad of meloncholy mystics who benignly belittle and beseige his em-battled brain with constitutional constipation which is continually contradictory to any coincidental contrivance or convivial concurrence with liberal views. In short Plaw, you are probably the only person here who knows what I am helplessly hoping to convey.
I love it!

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 01:30 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by fathersson:
[b] he spelled [b]Knowledgeable
wrong and also left out "Ballbuster"

Wait and you will see Pee's sarcastic reply below. [/b]
I didn't spell it, I just quoted it.

Nice to know that it took my special day to haul you out of retirement, FS.

Baseball starts soon. Hope you're planning to join us. [/b][/quote]Retirement? No, not really. Just out there living in the real world. And to be honest, the boards have been rather boring with poor subjects and childish games. :rolleyes: I come in, read a few and it is off to other things. I have noticed that many have left or post very little also.

Not to knock what you call your special day, but it seems like that is all that there is on the boards and most of them are as boring as hell and I just don't understand the need for them.

I just wanted to take a second to bust you a bit. As far as Baseball this year, I am still on the fence. Since I don't stop here most days it may not be the best thing to get into.

But anyway, have a great "Special Day". and a killer baseball season.

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 02:33 PM

Quote:
As far as Baseball this year, I am still on the fence.
Gee......

From all of the kind words you have about the board and its members, it sounds like you have one of those fence posts stuck up your ass. :p

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 04:48 PM

Quote:
From all of the kind words you have about the board and its members, it sounds like you have one of those fence posts stuck up your ass.
He said he was bored of the board, but now with that fence post up his ass he's really board.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:

577 posts about Frank Vincent

And don't forget the 243 posts on Billy Joel.

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 05:26 PM

Wait and you will see Pee's sarcastic reply below.

That's my boy, right on time.

By the way, that is how I feel and if some, like yourself take it as an insult then I am sorry.
I think what I say is true and would rather bypass or stay away from things I don't care for.

My real surprise is that you act like you have been rejected and have to insult me. :rolleyes:

I'll just hang out and enjoy the parts that I care to.
But, you go ahead and have a good time!

Re: plaw Hits 7,000 - 02/12/05 05:34 PM

Quote:
My real surprise is that you act like you have been rejected and have to insult me.
Why should that surprise you?

You were expecting a sarcastic reply, and you got one.

What did I say that you found insulting?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET