Home

Prince Charles to marry Camilla

Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 09:57 AM

Prince Charles has just announced that he is to marry his long-term mistress/partner Camilla Parker-Bowles.

It is anticipated that they will marry in April this year.

It's not known if she will take the title of Princess of Wales. I do believe there will be soemthing of a public outcry if she does, because of the way people here feel about Diana, Princess of Wales. I don't think she will take that title, but it will be interesting if she takes the title of 'Queen Camilla' once Charles becomes King.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:01 AM

Funny enough, in a poll about the matter, I heard that most people in the UK just doesn't care about this story.

LOL

Besides, who would think a marriage between super-rich nitwits is more important than....you know, those nukes over in North Korea thats held by that guy that was the villain in TEAM AMERICA...
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:12 AM

she's is going to be the ugliest Queen of England of the modern era, I believe....

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:17 AM

You sure?

Queen Elizabeth is as beautiful as my shoes after stomping through fresh wet mud for 6 hours straight.

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
Queen Elizabeth is as beautiful as my shoes after stomping through fresh wet mud for 6 hours straight.
when she was young she was watchable, though. Camilla has the grace of a rottweiler dog, as Diana most appropriately said.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:40 AM

She will never be Queen, I guarantee that. It will cause too much of an uproar when already 1 in 3 (unofficial newspaper poll) Britains would be ready to abolish the monarchy.

It would be the fuel I'd need to gather supporters to storm the palace.

Why did we liberate Iraq? We should liberate ourselves because whilst we have a Monarchy, the UK (and the rest of the Commonwealth) are not true democratic nations.

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
She will never be Queen, I guarantee that. It will cause too much of an uproar when already 1 in 3 (unofficial newspaper poll) Britains would be ready to abolish the monarchy.
I'm afraid you Brits will stop driving on the wrong side muuuuuuuch sooner than when you'll get rid of the monarchy. :p

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:57 AM

We already drive on the right side of the road though it is the left but it's right because the right is the wrong side as opposed to the left which is the right side.

All right? :p

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 11:08 AM

Right!
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 11:51 AM

Quote:
We already drive on the right side of the road though it is the left but it's right because the right is the wrong side as opposed to the left which is the right side.

All right? :p
:p
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 01:28 PM

I wonder how William and Harry feel about Camilla? :rolleyes:
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 02:14 PM

I read she will be known as Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall. Of course, I have no idea what that means or the significance of it.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 02:17 PM

I always wondered what the point of maintaining that monarchy was. Do they actually do anything? Or are they just kind of a neat thing to have?

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 02:56 PM

"We have it and the French don't!"

Beats me WHY its still around....except maybe a traditional source of nationalistic pride.

Well usually.......supposedly.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
I read she will be known as Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cornwall. Of course, I have no idea what that means or the significance of it.
What is a Cornwall

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
What is a Cornwall
Cornwall is a county in the south west corner of England. The original pilgrims who went to America came from there. As well as 'The Prince of Wales', Prince Charles also (as heir to the Throne)holds the title of 'Duke of Cornwall'. I have no idea why, or what the significance of it is, but there you go!!
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 09:31 PM

You've got to be kidding me, she looks like a horse gone mad...Charles baby, look at her...
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 09:34 PM

Quote:

It would be the fuel I'd need to gather supporters to storm the palace.

Why did we liberate Iraq? We should liberate ourselves because whilst we have a Monarchy, the UK (and the rest of the Commonwealth) are not true democratic nations.
Turi, I always learned that the Royal Family held no power in England, that it was just "For historical purposes" for lack of a better term.

What kind of control do they have?
Posted By: beatlewho01-02

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/10/05 10:04 PM

The queen is supposed to be Head of State over England and their Commonwealths. Also, they serve as tabloid fodder. No offense to the Brits on this boards.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 12:35 AM

Man, after hearing a lot of people talk about how ugly this woman was I googled her. She truly is an unfortunate looking woman.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
I wonder how William and Harry feel about Camilla? :rolleyes:
I heard on the news that "William and Harry are happy about their new soon-to-be stepmother."

... I have a hard time believing that. I bet its a lie.. that they don't really like her. I can't see them actually liking the woman their father cheated on their mother with.

Personally, I don't see why you'd want to cheat on Princess Diana.. she was pretty I thought. MUCH prettier than that nasty looking Camilla.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 01:49 AM

Quote:

I believe that they said today that she could never be queen. Turi, hasn't she been Charlie's main squeeze before, during and after Princess Diana anyway?

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
You've got to be kidding me, she looks like a horse gone mad...Charles baby, look at her...
Does it really make a difference? He's no Clark Gable, look at him!

Don Cardi

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
He's no Clark Gable, look at him! [/QB]
he definititely isn't. But consider that a man in his position could have the most beautiful women in the world.....I must believe that this is TRUE love....An equine breed true love......
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 09:45 AM

Well, seriously speaking she may not be as pretty as Diana, but her success in life shows that she is muchch more clever. Is not intelligence a cause for love?

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
Well, seriously speaking she may not be as pretty as Diana, but her success in life shows that she is muchch more clever. Is not intelligence a cause for love?
Anche l'occhio vuole la sua parte! :p

Who can translate this Italian "wisdom pearl"?

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 10:05 AM

If you ask me they are a perfect match!

Diana said "I kissed a Prince and it turned into a frog" or something to that effect. May be now if this frog kisses that one they become beautiful Prince and Princess. Who knows!

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
I always learned that the Royal Family held no power in England, that it was just "For historical purposes" for lack of a better term.

Even if they don't have any significant control, they live on taxpayer's money and taxes in the UK, Canada, etc. is higher than the US just because of that.

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Even if they don't have any significant control, they live on taxpayer's money and taxes in the UK, Canada, etc. is higher than the US just because of that.
Yeah, tell me about it!!

I think this whole wedding is a joke. Charles should have married Camilla in the first place, when they first started dating 35 years ago. Instead, they both married different people but still carried on seeing each other, and its caused all kinds of heartache for everyone involved.

Like Bogey says, I bet the princes William and Harry aren't very happy about it, but they have to go along with it. The Queen has also said she's very happy, but everyone knows she can't stand Camilla.

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
He's no pretty site either is he? But that's what inbreeding does to you.

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Turi, I always learned that the Royal Family held no power in England, that it was just "For historical purposes" for lack of a better term.

Officially the Queen does still hold power and is head of the Armed Forces. She could actually take us to war if she wanted. Though that's incredibly unlikely to happen. There are a few other things but it's just symbolic power.

The only Queen I like is Freddie Mercury's band and JG on a Saturday night.

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
Anche l'occhio vuole la sua parte! :p

Who can translate this Italian "wisdom pearl"?
I can. Roughly, "eyes too demand their part". You mean that you cannot live with someone without looking at him at all?
But you get used, you know!

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
But you get used, you know! [/QB]
oh, yes, untreated cataracts helps a lot when you are in your elderly years....

Congrats on your translations, JustMe!!!

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 04:19 PM

Quote:
oh, yes, untreated cataracts helps a lot when you are in your elderly years....

Quote:

Congrats on your translations, JustMe!!!
Thanx. I'm working on myself with attitude.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 05:32 PM

I hope these two are very happy. Otherwise I couldn't really give a s**t. The significance of Prince Charles also being Duke of Cornwall is that he owns vast tracts of rich argricultural land in Cornwall that he rents out to farmers and thus draws a substantial income. This will go to Prince William when Chas becomes King.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 06:07 PM

It was always on the cards,I dont really care to much for the Royal Family,but good luck to them

Re: Prince Charles to marry Camilla - 02/11/05 06:09 PM

I bet they did this silly PR stunt so the people in UK would forget about that silly Nazi incident a few weeks back...

Of course, I agree in the question that has been asked. WHY is a monarchy still around and is it THAT important as a symbolistic figurehead of nationalism?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET