Home

American Dad

Posted By: DonFerro55

American Dad - 02/07/05 04:51 AM

I just watched this. I gotta say, I'm not very impressed. It seems like it was forced along and the characters are not as creative and interesting as on Family Guy, save the fish. I just felt it was not a true effort, and Seth has had quite long enough. I realize he made this because he thought Family Guy was done but now that both of these series commence again on May 1st, I think American Dad should be dropped so all focus can be on Family Guy again. I dont think AD was "that" bad, but not up to snuff with FG. All interest should be on Family Guy in my opinion. What do you guys think?

The Doc
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: American Dad - 02/07/05 08:42 AM

I turned it off after 5-10 minutes and put a DVD in. And I LOVE The Family Guy, even more than the Simpsons!
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: American Dad - 02/07/05 01:39 PM

I chuckled a little, but most of the show was liberal ranting and it all seemed forced. You can tell that the same people who made it also made family guy, but you can also tell that they have lost their edge. This does not give me hope about the new eppisodes in May.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: American Dad - 02/07/05 06:15 PM

raggingbull2003 - "liberal slant", ehh neocon?

Thing is, I never was a big FAMILY GUY fan. Of course I do enjoy it whenever it pops on ADULT SWIM, but I'm not big enough of a "fan" to watch it religiously.

Now AMERICAN DAD was decent. Not great, but I liked some gags in it:

*The super-conservative-CIA-nut father shooting the toaster and later the poor diseased-laden pooch.

*"Now if you want a boob, you have to get me a truckload of twinkies first!"

*"What, and allow East Germany to win the Olympics? I think not!"

*"Well better your brother than a total stranger, right? Umm ya moving on, moving on"

Of course it seems the FAMILY GUY fans hate this AMERICAN DAD. Umm....hell, it is a clone almost to a flippin T.

Still, forced to choose and have to admit that the word "neo-con" doesn't actually exist, I say FAMILY GUY is much better.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: American Dad - 02/08/05 02:55 AM

Come on, no other Family Guy fans have an opinion?

The Doc
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET