Home

New Girl Problem

Posted By: Busta

New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 05:31 AM

Sorry to be bugging everyone here with my own personal life but I've been really confused lately and really don't know what to do.

I started to hanging out with this one girl a lot right before christmas break at college. We were alone a lot and I know I could have kissed her but decided not to because break was coming up and I thought it would have made it hard during the one month break for both of us. She had an ex boyfriend her sr year of high school who she was pretty serious and kinda started to like again while back at home during break. Since we've been back, Ive been confused about what to do and have talked to her bout it. She says she thinks it would be unfair to me to start a relationship because she still isnt over her ex yet. However, she says she still likes me. So I really don't know what to do. All of my friends have told me to just kiss her anyway and see what happens. Should I play the friends game for awhile? I've done that so much and don't want to do it again. Should I just stop talking to her? Any advice would be great.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 05:46 AM

Uh-o, this sounds like it's gonna turn into my old thread from last semester But seriously, I think that the balls in her court. I think you could kiss her to make your case (but don't force it upon her). Again, I feel it's up to her but I wouldn't wait around forever on her man. I know it's easy for me to say but it's the truth.
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta:
Sorry to be bugging everyone here with my own personal life but I've been really confused lately and really don't know what to do.

I started to hanging out with this one girl a lot right before christmas break at college. We were alone a lot and I know I could have kissed her but decided not to because break was coming up and I thought it would have made it hard during the one month break for both of us. She had an ex boyfriend her sr year of high school who she was pretty serious and kinda started to like again while back at home during break. Since we've been back, Ive been confused about what to do and have talked to her bout it. She says she thinks it would be unfair to me to start a relationship because she still isnt over her ex yet. However, she says she still likes me. So I really don't know what to do. All of my friends have told me to just kiss her anyway and see what happens. Should I play the friends game for awhile? I've done that so much and don't want to do it again. Should I just stop talking to her? Any advice would be great.
My young brother - move on with your life! If she wanted you and wanted you exclusively as a friend and partner, then she would say so. You are her spare tire. She wants you as a friend in case she loses her true love, then she will never have to admit to herself or others that she is alone. She needs you for a rainy day lover. You are being treated like a condom in a wallet - not used, but just kept around in case of emergency.

She wants to be friends - great - so be it. Keep the relationship on that level and let her use your heart as a yo-yo no longer. Otherwise pretty soon, she will 'walk the dog'.
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 06:11 AM

KISS HER!

Do it now and regret it later, if nessesary.

To see if there is a spark there, you must smooch her face. Do it and judge her reaction, if all goes well, you will have wowed her off her feet and Johnny Chumps will be left in the dust. Give her something to forget her ex over.

The Doctor (of Love)
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 08:05 AM

Kiss her and then disappear. This "bite and run strategy" is often effective. If she is really interested in you, she will look for you. Otherwise, you should not be hanging around just to wait until she makes up her mind. The sea is full of fishes, we say in Italy, that is the world is full of girls waiting for you, after all, dear Busta.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 09:11 AM

I'm a little confused here.....

All of this uncertainty about whether or not you should just try to to kiss her?

That's still only first base, right?

Given the generation gap, my advice on teenage relationships is a bit outdated, but I had the impression (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you kids today were having sex like little bunny rabbits.

If you wanted to know if you should try and sleep with her or something, well, that I would understand.

But a kiss? What's the big deal?

You wanna kiss her, try kissing her. If she doesn't want you to, you'll know quickly enough.
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I think that the balls in her court.
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I feel it's up to her
I'm not gonna touch those two lines.....

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
A kiss is when it all begins, Plawrence!

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 11:50 AM

You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss.....
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 11:54 AM

It started with a kiss
never thought it would come to this
Posted By: Krlea

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
Kiss her and then disappear. This "bite and run strategy" is often effective. If she is really interested in you, she will look for you. Otherwise, you should not be hanging around just to wait until she makes up her mind. The sea is full of fishes, we say in Italy, that is the world is full of girls waiting for you, after all, dear Busta.
Coming from another girl, I think Lavinia said it perfectly. Kiss and Run. She'll learn how great you are. Do NOT hang around waiting for her to get over her boyfriend, that is just another way of saying "I'm so desperate I'll play second place." Lots of Luck, we'll be rooting for you!

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 01:31 PM

And if you do get to first base, let us know if and when you're rounding third and heading for home.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
KISS HER!

Do it now and regret it later, if nessesary.

To see if there is a spark there, you must smooch her face. Do it and judge her reaction, if all goes well, you will have wowed her off her feet and Johnny Chumps will be left in the dust. Give her something to forget her ex over.

The Doctor (of Love)
That's great stuff! Where were you & Johnny Chumps when I needed girl help? Just kidding my brother
Posted By: fathersson

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 05:30 PM

Quote:

Ive been confused about what to do and have talked to her bout it. She says she thinks it would be unfair to me to start a relationship because she still isnt over her ex yet.

However, she says she still likes me. So I really don't know what to do. All of my friends have told me to just kiss her anyway and see what happens. Should I play the friends game for awhile? I've done that so much and don't want to do it again. Should I just stop talking to her? Any advice would be great.
Lets not beat around the "BUSH" here. If you are old enough to chase after a women then you are old enough to hear this straight up.

What is the problem BUSTA? What is so confusing? You told her you like her, she tells you she doesn't want to get it on with you and uses the old boyfriend as an excuse to let you down easy.

You don't like her answer so now you are confused? Hey listen what's a the matter with some of you guys. Is everything a game to you?

Can't you have any women friends without being involved with them. If you aren't working toward romance then you want to bail out of the friendship? What's wrong here? You don't have to kiss your male friends to hang out together, then why do you have to with a female friend.

I know what you are going to say. It hurts to be around her when I want it to be so much more.
Well, that is tuff so suck it up and become a man.

If she is nice enough for you to want to be with then she is nice enough to hang out with. And who knows who she may introduce you to some of her nice friend who just may want to chase after you!

If you are having the same problem with women over and over again then it may be time to look at yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

Truth is if she wants to get kissed by you, then she will put you in a spot that will make it possible for it to happen. Mature people leave the game playing for the kids in grade school.

If you hang out and you both feel that you are right for each other then it will happen. It takes two to tango as the old saying goes.

She knows that you are interested which is always half the battle. Only chumps/kids play the chase me game to show me you really care.

Good Luck and like others have told you that there are loads of people out there also looking for that right person. The trick is to find them, then stay together!
Posted By: JustMe

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 07:49 PM

Quote:
I had the impression (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you kids today were having sex like little bunny rabbits.

If you wanted to know if you should try and sleep with her or something, well, that I would understand.

Well, you know, Plawrence, girls are so different!
If some dirty animal would try to kiss me in the lips before the church marriage, I believe I'd slap him around!

Fathersson, yours was very right, I think.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:

If some dirty animal would try to kiss me in the lips before the church marriage, I believe I'd slap him around!

Slapping them around after they kiss you is just as fun.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 08:08 PM

Quote:
And if you do get to first base, let us know if and when you're rounding third and heading for home.
I'd like to know when he gets to 3rd base.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 08:25 PM

Quote:
I had the impression (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you kids today were having sex like little bunny rabbits.
Some of us are.
Posted By: bogey

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 08:46 PM

There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don't got a lot to say
But there's something about her
And you don't know why
But you're dying to try
You wanna kiss the girl

Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
Possible she wants you too
There is one way to ask her
It don't take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl

Sha la la la la la
My oh my
Look like the boy too shy
Ain't gonna [b/]kiss the girl[/b]
Sha la la la la la
Ain't that sad?
Ain't it a shame?
Too bad, he gonna miss the girl

Now's your moment
Floating in a blue lagoon
Boy you better do it soon
No time will be better
She don't say a word
And she won't say a word
Until you kiss the girl

Sha la la la la la
Don't be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl
Sha la la la la la
Don't stop now
Don't try to hide it how
You want to kiss the girl
Sha la la la la la
Float along
And listen to the song
The song say kiss the girl
Sha la la la la
The music play
Do what the music say
You got to kiss the girl
You've got to kiss the girl
You wanna kiss the girl
You've gotta kiss the girl
Go on and kiss the girl
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 08:55 PM

Do what your heart says.Kiss Her what you got to lose
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 09:10 PM

I don't know Busta. I am not of your generation, but like to think I've learned a thing or two in my life.

I think FS has a point however, and being a woman myself, maybe I have a little understanding of interpreting this situation from a female view.

Just the fact that she says pursuing a relationship "wouldn't be fair to you", in my mind, tells me she is trying to be nice and let you down easy. But hey, I don't know either of you, and Lord knows I could be wrong. We can all give you our views, but in the end, you will have to be the one to decide. Whatever you decide good luck.

TIS
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 10:30 PM

Quote:
She says she thinks it would be unfair to me to start a relationship because she still isnt over her ex yet.
Translation: No thanks.

Quote:
However, she says she still likes me.
You're Mr. Just-in-Case. (I swear I knew a guy named Justin Kase in junior high... Cruel parents, just cruel. ) Or who knows? Maybe she's got you in mind as Mr. On-the-Side. Tsk tsk tsk.

Quote:
So I really don't know what to do.
Let it go. You keep chasing her, she's going to think you're pathetic. Refrain from being needy, at all costs. When she gets over the other guy, she'll come looking for you, like Lav and Kris said. That's when you cash in.

Although Plaw's right... just to make sure, you can kiss her. If she doesn't want it, you'll know pretty quick. That stinging feeling in your left cheek? You've just been bitch-slapped, my friend.

Very apropos lyrics, Plaw and Turi. You too, Bogz. Plaw, yours is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/28/05 11:45 PM

You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss.....

Remind me not to kiss you. Heck, a kiss has to mean something. I'm not gonna swap spit with someone just to say hi. A handshake will do that.

Originally posted by Freddie C.:
Quote:
[b]I had the impression (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you kids today were having sex like little bunny rabbits.
Some of us are. [/b]

Ahhh....to be a kid again.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/29/05 12:31 AM

Pop said that when he was in school they use to say:

Meat is Meat
and Veal is Veal
Whats a Kiss
without a feel.

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/29/05 01:08 AM

Busta, ignore all the advice given, unless of course you live in a fairy tail world.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/29/05 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
I swear I knew a guy named Justin Kase in junior high... Cruel parents, just cruel.
Cool!
Quote:
That stinging feeling in your left cheek? You've just been bitch-slapped, my friend.
He-he, this is a hint at - uh - me ?
Thanks, Zia, thanks.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/29/05 09:12 AM

Quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[b] That stinging feeling in your left cheek? You've just been bitch-slapped, my friend.
He-he, this is a hint at - uh - me ?
Thanks, Zia, thanks.
[/b][/quote] Not at all... just a generic slap-in-the-face reference. Not calling YOU any names. But it was inspired by your comment, yes.

Thanks for the orange, though. Your fish are on the way.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/29/05 09:32 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the orange, though. Your fish are on the way.
Awesome – I like good fish so much!
But we shall not be at your debt long - Connie had just started cooking her special cannolies for you! :p
Posted By: Busta

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/29/05 07:03 PM

Well I ended up deciding to kiss her and it looks like it turned out pretty well cuz it looks likes we're together now. I guess she was just testing me or something or the kiss changed her mind.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice. I understood where you were all coming from and it helped make my decision.
Posted By: Don Provalone

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/30/05 08:22 PM

Quote:
Well I ended up deciding to kiss her and it looks like it turned out pretty well cuz it looks likes we're together now. I guess she was just testing me or something or the kiss changed her mind.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice. I understood where you were all coming from and it helped make my decision.
If her mind can be changed with only a kiss, then how long do you think you will 'be together'? Sounds like if the old boyfriend or someone else that she meets decides to chance a kiss and she likes it, then you are back to square one. No offense, but from what you have shared, she is fickled - BUT IF YOU ARE HAPPY, THEN THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

Best wishes!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:05 AM

Quote:

Sounds to me that she like you too, but that she, like you, is a bit confused. I wouldn't tell you to cut her off, don't do that, I think that you should continue to see her and do what comes natural, and if it's meant to be, it will be. If not, then you can move on with a clear head. The worst thing that anyone can do to themselves is look back and say " Damn, I shoulda..., or why didn't I... etc. I'd rather look back and say, "Well maybe I failed and it didn't work, but at least I gave it a shot and tried!" And then move on.

Remember something Busta :

"Furst chu get da money, den chu get da power, and DEN chu get da women!"

Good luck!

Don Cardi

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:

In other words women are materialistic. :p
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
In other words women are materialistic. :p [/QUOTE]

No, I did not say that! It figures that YOU would be the one to think that! Hey, dos are Tony Montana's words, not mine mang!

Don Cardi
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:19 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]

In other words women are materialistic. :p [/b][/quote]Beth I am going to be completly honest here. I honestly believe that a good percentage of women are very materialistic. How many times do you see some 25 year old female going after some rich 60 year old man? Or the ugliest, stupidest rich men have these great looking women around their arm.

I knew a person that their mother used to always tell them "don't marry for love, marry for money"

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:21 AM

Maybe that's my problem, I'm not materialistic. But it's never too late to start I guess. If anyone out there knows of an ugly, rich 60 year old send them my way.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
I knew a person that their mother used to always tell them "don't marry for love, marry for money"
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:38 AM

Quote:
Well isn't that great advice? [Roll Eyes] Really, I could never do that. Sure, money's nice, but I'd much rather have love... [Big Grin]
You couldn't do that because it's not what you are looking for. I had a girl sitting behind me in a class for 3 days. The first 2 days she was talking about the "cute guy" she met and how they were talking. The 3rd day she comes in all pissed off because this guy's "ride was trash" and he was broke. As much as she liked this guy and they hit it off to the point where she was saying he could be "the one" the fact that he had no money completly turned her off.

I knew a man who was a millionaire, but you couldn't tell it by how he dressed etc.. well this guy NEVER had a problem getting women. this is what he used to say: Most men have 2-3 reasons why a girl would want to date them (cute, funny etc.) I have 4 million reasons.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 12:50 AM

Quote:
As much as she liked this guy and they hit it off to the point where she was saying he could be "the one" the fact that he had no money completly turned her off.
That's terrible! What a...ahem, never mind.

Quote:
I knew a man who was a millionaire, but you couldn't tell it by how he dressed etc.. well this guy NEVER had a problem getting women. this is what he used to say: Most men have 2-3 reasons why a girl would want to date them (cute, funny etc.) I have 4 million reasons.
You need to hook this guy up with the girl you were describing.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 08:15 AM

Quote:
Or the ugliest, stupidest rich men have these great looking women around their arm.
So interesting-- Girls notice money, guys notice looks. Without even knowing, you proved that point in that one sentence... that a woman's looks are JUST as important as the guy's bank account.

Wow, great work, Zia. I should be an analyst of some kind.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 08:29 AM

Quote:
Maybe that's my problem, I'm not materialistic. But it's never too late to start I guess. If anyone out there knows of an ugly, rich 60 year old send them my way.
60 is too young. 90 is better. Outrageously rich, of course.

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 09:40 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Beth E:
[b] Maybe that's my problem, I'm not materialistic. But it's never too late to start I guess. If anyone out there knows of an ugly, rich 60 year old send them my way.
60 is too young. 90 is better. Outrageously rich, of course. [/b][/quote]I wonder-where's Afs with her ingenuous divorce-plot about 65-year-old Al?

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 09:51 AM

Quote:
[/qb]
I wonder-where's Afs with her ingenuous divorce-plot about 65-year-old Al? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Just in the remote case Al would choose Afs instead of me, you see.....
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 09:55 AM

I'm right here, I just have nothing to say. I believe this thread is about hooking up for which I have no useful advice to give. When it comes to breaking up I can give plenty of advice. Ingenuous? Please!

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
I'm right here, I just have nothing to say. I believe this thread is about hooking up for which I have no useful advice to give. When it comes to breaking up I can give plenty of advice. Ingenuous? Please!
OK,OK, intricate and cunning, real Sicilian style. I begin to understand why he doesn't want to marry at all! He proved to be a little more cunning than all the girls in the world!
Anyway, to break up you must first get together somehow. If you are alone with him, what will you do? Will you come up and kiss him? Will he not slap you around? Maybe he didn't got over that dirty custody battle with his ex yet? :rolleyes:
Believe me, you should think about it!

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 10:56 AM

You don't necessarily have to hook up first to know how to break up. Some people are good at hooking up, I'm good at breaking up, especially I can make two people break up and that is my specialty. :p

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 11:26 AM

Quote:
especially I can make two people break up and that is my specialty. :p
You do this as a hobby or is it professional?

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 11:59 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[b] especially I can make two people break up and that is my specialty. :p
You do this as a hobby or is it professional? [/b][/quote]It is more like a hobby cause I can't keep it professional. Do you know why Al never got married?!
We've been hijacking threads lately over this matter, I think we should make a thread called "Al lover birds"!

Re: New Girl Problem - 01/31/05 01:00 PM

quote:
Do you know why Al never got married?!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET