Home

Comedies

Posted By: Debra

Comedies - 01/27/05 05:03 PM

Id like to hear your recommendations for TV Comedies.There are just too many,and I want to know which ones are really good.
I like "Everybody loves Raymond" because it has great characters:Ray's brother and parents.I actually love them more and find them more funny than Ray himself.

What are your fav comedies?
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 05:17 PM

Seinfeld is my main one.

I also like Strangers With Candy, The Daily Show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, Space Ghost, All in the Family, Family Guy, The Three Stooges, Definetly Futurama, Older episodes of the Simpsons.

But Most of all,(except for Seinfeld), Mystery Science Theater 3000. It's what I grew up with. I love it. By far one of the most creative shows ever. Mike Nelson, Trace Beaulieu, Bill Corbet, Joel Hodgson, and Keven Murphy are some of the funniest guys around.

I also have to mention Curb Your Enthusiasm, because it might be the best thing on TV since Seinfeld left.

The Doc
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 05:24 PM

I second all of DonFerro's choices.

I also try to watch Conan O'Brien whenever I could.

"Maryland - The Home of the Mistresses of Congressm"

Besides, how can turn down the hilarious juvenile comedy of such creatures as Triumph the Insult Comic and the Masturbating Bear?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 07:29 PM

Seinfeld
Everyone Loves Raymond
Boy Meets World
The Three Stooges
Chappelle's Show
The Cosby Show
Sanford and Son

I'm having a blackout, I know there's more.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 07:35 PM

My all time fav. is The Golden Girls I also liked The Nanny Would you consider The Andy Grifith Show a comedy?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 07:38 PM

UGH, God I am retarded today.

The Golden Girls has to be my favorite after Seinfeld, with The Nanny being a little towards the middle or latter of my above list.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 08:59 PM

The Sopranos has the ability to make me laugh more than any of the shows listed.

I'd say The Office, though it's no longer running.

Mick
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Comedies - 01/27/05 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
The Sopranos has the ability to make me laugh more than any of the shows listed.

I'd say The Office, though it's no longer running.

Mick
Ricky Gervais has a new show coming soon called "The Extras" that will be like the office.Apparantley Samuel L Jackson And Kate Winslet are ganna star in it. 2006
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 02:35 AM

Definately Seinfeld, but a close second would have to be Monk.Though I dont know how long its going to last after they kicked Sherona off . Some of the Simpsons can be pretty good too.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 02:59 AM

DSC, I honestly don't mean to be "post-stalking" you, but I had to reply to this. I was going to post my shows on here earlier, but I had to do something, but I'm definitely with you on the Monk thing! (Seinfeld too, actually.) My mom and I have been watching that show since sometime last season, and we absolutely love it. I didn't think anyone had even heard of the show besides us, but it's one of my favorites. When my mom told me about Sharona's Bitty Schram leaving, I was just disgusted. I don't know what all the behind-the-scenes reasons were, but I think it's a big mistake. I mean, I love Tony Shaloub, but the big part of the show is the connection that he and Sharona share.
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 03:02 AM

Northern Exposer was another great show. It's still on in syndication here and there.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
...I think it's a big mistake. I mean, I love Tony Shaloub, but the big part of the show is the connection that he and Sharona share.
Oh yeah I know what you mean. And the girl they replaced her with had to have come from the cardboard-cutout school of acting :rolleyes:
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Oh yeah I know what you mean. And the girl they replaced her with had to have come from the cardboard-cutout school of acting :rolleyes:
I didn't catch the most recent episode (there's only been one new one, right?), but I'm almost certain my mom taped it. We usually wait until we have a good amount of time to watch them together, then we watch all the ones we've missed. So, she's that bad, huh? I just hope the rest of the show will still be good, and maybe I can just learn to ignore this new girl. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 08:42 PM

Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm
Posted By: bogey

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 11:22 PM

Seems like I'm just repeating what everyone else said, but:

Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond, The Daily Show, Conan O'Brien, David Letterman, The Three Stooges, Chappelle's Show, Fresh Prince of BelAir, Mystery Science Theater 3000, All In The Family, I Love Lucy, Get Smart, Dick Van Dyke, Drew Carey, Cheers, Happy Days, The Odd Couple, The Jeffersons, Saturday Night Live, Taxi, Welcome Back Kotter

.. the bolded ones are my favorite... uh, theres a lot of them, huh? :rolleyes:

(Basically all I watch is comedy... )
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:

Mick, mate, when Rescue Me finally airs on terrestrial telly you're going to have to watch it. To me, it isn't far behind the Sopranos on the humour front.
Posted By: Martin Sbalzi

Re: Comedies - 01/28/05 11:38 PM

Porridge, The Office, South Park and King Of Queens.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Comedies - 01/29/05 03:32 AM

Home Improvement is hilarious, I bought Season 1 when it came out on DVD, I can't get enough of it. Love Seinfeld, King of Queens, I Love Lucy, All in the Family, Sanford & Son, Simpsons, South Park, too many to mention.

I have a confession....I've only seen one episode of The Sopranos in my life. Am I a bad person?
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Comedies - 01/29/05 04:11 AM

South Park is the funniest show on television.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Comedies - 01/29/05 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
Am I a bad person?
Horrible.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Comedies - 01/29/05 04:24 AM

I don't watch a whole lot of comedies, but a few of my current comedies:

Everybody Loves Raymond
King of Queens
Daily Show

Past comedies:

Seinfeld
Home Improvement
Three's Company
Taxi
All In The Family
The Original SNL
I Love Lucy

TIS
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Comedies - 01/29/05 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
[quote]Originally posted by xXx_DoN_CoRLeOnE_xXx:
[b] Am I a bad person?
Horrible. [/b][/quote] Well it's because I don't have HBO. And I know (from what I heard) that The Sopranos is an incredible show, but is it really worth paying $320 for the four seasons on DVD now? Maybe if I was a magician and could put a grand or two outta my *ss here and there, but sadly, that's not the case. Oh yea, and the quarters behind the ear trick? I tried that a thousand times, and it either leads to me getting beat up by guys 3 times my size, or girls being offended and slapping the taste outta my mouth
Posted By: Debra

Re: Comedies - 01/29/05 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:

Everybody Loves Raymond
King of Queens
Daily Show

TIS
ELR and KOQ are the only 2 comedies I actually follow,and since we seem to have the same taste there,Im curious about Daily Show,what is it about?never heard of it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET