Home

Mr. Mel Torme: The Velvet Fog

Posted By: MistaMista_Tom_Hagen

Mr. Mel Torme: The Velvet Fog - 01/20/05 05:28 AM

Anyone else here a Mel Torme fan?

I can't get enough of this guys voice, so distinct and strangely pleasant . I'm not really into him heavily, just have downloaded a few songs. (Isn't it Romantic, My Buddy, Blue Moon, Once In Love with Amy, Puttin on the Ritz).

Any recomendations or comments from fellow fans?
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Mr. Mel Torme: The Velvet Fog - 01/20/05 07:49 AM

I love Mel Torme!

As for particular songs, "You'd Better Love Me" is a good song... And he does a great version of "That's All," which is one of my favorite songs ever. "The Nearness of You" is also really good. Well, come to think of it, almost all his songs are good.
If you're going to get a CD, I have a CD of his called "That's All" which has a bunch of good songs on it, 24 tracks total. I also have a 2 disc album called "The Best of the Concord Years" which is also awesome.

My mom has his New York album, I think it's called "Songs About New York," or something like that. That's a good one, too. His version of "New York, New York" (which is on that CD) is really good, although obviously not as good as Sinatra's. But still good.
Posted By: SC

Re: Mr. Mel Torme: The Velvet Fog - 01/20/05 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MistaMista_Tom_Hagen:
Any recomendations or comments from fellow fans?
Watch the re-runs of "Night Court" on tv. The main character (the judge) loved Mel Torme and Torme played himself in a few episodes.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Mr. Mel Torme: The Velvet Fog - 01/20/05 01:11 PM

That's the only places I have seen Mel Torme. Werent' there some episodes where the judge and Mel kept missing each other? I think he finally met Mel and made a fool of himself or something. It's been a long time since I've watched Night Court.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Mr. Mel Torme: The Velvet Fog - 01/21/05 09:53 PM

I know of Mel Torme from watching Seinfeld. He sung at a charity dinner that Elaine and Kramer went to.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET