Home

Italians are the most discriminated people ever

Posted By: Sonny Forelli

Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 01:53 AM

I swear to good if another son of a itch asks for my heritige and I say Italian and they respond with "Oh Dont walk me okay wsieguy, I dont want to be sleeping me the fishes" I'm going to give them a reason to be afraid of Italians. Every single friggin time, no joke I've had people old up tuna or fish and say "Oh sleeping with the fishes". When I went on my senior ski trip The instructor asked if I was mexican and I said i was italian he did an impression of Brando for 45 minutes.
Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 02:00 AM

That's pretty funny.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 05:21 AM

Actually, I rather enjoy it when I tell people I'm Italian and they get a little afraid... even though I never mention the Mob! Even after all these years...

You've been mistaken for a Mexican? I never have... I think Italians are more German or English then they are Mexican. They are very white unless from southern Sicily where they get tanner. Italians have brown and black hair, Mexicans only black. Italians are half and half basically with blue eyes and brown eyes, Mexicans only brown eyes. That's wierd you were mistaken for a Mexican.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 11:47 AM

That only sounds like they're breaking your balls. When you start losing jobs or can't get work because you're Italian - then you have a real problem. I'm not defending those doing it and I'm sure it is annoying but most people get some ribbing because of where they come from.
Posted By: SC

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 12:04 PM

I find it funny that someone who is arguing against stereotyping Italians as gangsters posted this discussion in the Organized Crime forum.

I'm moving this discussion to the "General Discussion" forum.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:

You've been mistaken for a Mexican? I never have...
I've thought a lot of my Italian friends were Mexican before I asked them. I also have to disagree with the point of this thread. I think the most descriminated people are Blacks and Jews. -Pat

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 01:12 PM

lol, goodpoint, but if someone say, hey im jewish i dont scream out "you killed jesus christ". Your rite i retract my statment on the jewish issue
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 01:19 PM

Your not the only ones think of the Germans,people auotmatically think of WW2 and what happend during that era
Posted By: Don Larzono

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 01:26 PM

The most discriminated people ever? Oh, come on!
Even we, the Scanians, have been more discriminated.

Who the hell are the Scanians? ...Exactly
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 01:40 PM

First of all welcome Sonny!

I don't mind that kind of joking at all. I really think it's all in fun, and will gladly joke back.

I too, since I've lived in California, am constantly mistaken for Mexican. I can't tell you how many times, be it at the store, or at work, I'll be the person that a stranger comes up to and starts rattling off in Spanish, assuming that I am Mexican. I couldn't believe it when I first moved here, but as you know California has a very very large Mexican population, and I guess I fit the mold.

On my desk at work I have a name plaque; my last name has double "L's" in it, which in Italian you'd "pronounce" if you were to say the name. Many times, people not knowing, will "not" pronounce the L's (they wouldn't be pronounced in Spanish) as they look at it and then say my name. I will always have to correct them.

Although I am use to it by now, I still just don't see that I look Mexican, but understand that their is such a large number of Mexicans that their logic in assuming I am makes sense. I am not offended, but must admit, on the very few occasions someone sees my name and says, "Are you Italian", I proudly answer yes, since it seems at times I'm the only Italian in California. :p

TIS
Posted By: cant do it Sally

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 02:14 PM

theres a small italian community here in istanbul. the first thing coming to mind when one says italian is romance. strange that la cosa nostra is known much better than romance over there
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 02:34 PM

There's quite a bit of tension between our two nations 'cant do it Sally'. Definately a lot of discrimination to the Turkish in England, especially when it comes to Turkey wanting to join the EU. I've often wondered what it is like over there in the less tourist areas.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 02:37 PM

Its not nice when the football teams meet.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 02:45 PM

Life is tough Sonny. In India where the caste system still thrives there are the "untouchables" aka - Harijans or Dalits (which means oppressed). They do such jobs as make dung patties which are burned for fuel or clean the sewers, and not with a hose. Be thankful you are Italian and someone throws a little Godfather imitation your way. Its a compliment compared to the life of an untouchable.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
There's quite a bit of tension between our two nations 'cant do it Sally'. Definately a lot of discrimination to the Turkish in England, especially when it comes to Turkey wanting to join the EU. I've often wondered what it is like over there in the less tourist areas.
i understand that. however, for the record, i feel the need to tell that it's the turkish government not turkish people wanting to enter the EU. though some fellows here believe the lie that we'll be accepted someday, many here see the candidate process as a transition period to reach the standards that the EU stipulates the member countries. so, i'm sure neither we're european, nor europe sees us as europeans. regards
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 05:15 PM

Hi, "Can't do it Sally"!
How's Istanbul? I lived there 2 years and I love the city!
Many nations really are associated with mafia. But I never mind it - it is no discrimination, just a part of reality.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Forelli:
I swear to good if another son of a itch asks for my heritige and I say Italian and they respond with "Oh Dont walk me okay wsieguy, I dont want to be sleeping me the fishes" I'm going to give them a reason to be afraid of Italians. Every single friggin time, no joke I've had people old up tuna or fish and say "Oh sleeping with the fishes". When I went on my senior ski trip The instructor asked if I was mexican and I said i was italian he did an impression of Brando for 45 minutes.
Who cares? I could care less, and to say we are the most discriminated people ever is simple in telling me that you are stupid.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 08:10 PM

hi JustMe

congrats you've survived of Istanbul. many coming from abroad love this city but i rarely hear of anyone having lived for 2 years and still loving istanbul. were you a student or what?

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 10:34 PM

QUOTE]Who cares? I could care less, and to say we are the most discriminated people ever is simple in telling me that you are stupid. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Who cares? I care, thats why i posted it among the others who replyed. How is it that saying italians are the most discriminated simple in telling you that i am stupid. You didnt even make a point. Just made an uncomfertable unnessisarry knock at me that wasnt need.
Posted By: Patches

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/07/05 11:21 PM

The stereotypical jokes are hilarious. Like Tom Hagen, I myself am German/Irish. So I get lots of German jokes (mostly to do with Hitler ) and Irish jokes. Its not so bad. Except the Hitler jokes, they were just annoying.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I too, since I've lived in California, am constantly mistaken for Mexican.

TIS
That's because you insist on drinking those mexican drinks, especially those
Blue Margharitas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Cardi

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 02:28 AM

Quote:
QUOTE]Who cares? I could care less, and to say we are the most discriminated people ever is simple in telling me that you are stupid.
Who cares? I care, thats why i posted it among the others who replyed. How is it that saying italians are the most discriminated simple in telling you that i am stupid. You didnt even make a point. Just made an uncomfertable unnessisarry knock at me that wasnt need. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Even though he shouldn't have call you stupid, the title does come off a bit odd. Italians haven't gone through as much descrimination as a lot of other races. -Pat
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 02:44 AM

I'll tell you why, Italians are the most discriminated group of people ever because you are a member of that group of people, as am I. However, I am not ignorant enough to say that. Jews have been persecuted for centuries, 6 million in WW2 alone. Sure, Italians have had their hardships, but how in the blue hell can you honestly say they are the most discriminated? Races are being discriminated much more then this one ethnicity.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 03:23 AM

maybe the title was a little off... no reason to act like an asshole though, your really not tough, i was just pissed, i should have made the title "Italians are the most discriminated people nowadays" or something

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 03:33 AM

Quote:
i should have made the title "Italians are the most discriminated people nowadays" or something
That title would've been more inaccurate then the current one.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 03:37 AM

i dont belive so, and i know your going to say blacks, but there not anymore there praised by wiggers and would be gangsters.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 03:43 AM

Quote:
i dont belive so, and i know your going to say blacks, but there not anymore there praised by wiggers and would be gangsters.
Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Asians, and Muslims are way more descriminated against then Italians, both present and history. -Pat

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 05:41 AM

Quote:
no reason to act like an asshole though,
My very thought when I read one of your earlier posts, which has since been deleted.

I, unlike some others here, do NOT welcome you to the boards. I do NOT welcome bigotted big mouths who talk out of their ass.

You're off to a bad start here, Forelli. Either fly right or fly away!
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Actually, I rather enjoy it when I tell people I'm Italian and they get a little afraid... even though I never mention the Mob! Even after all these years...

You've been mistaken for a Mexican? I never have... I think Italians are more German or English then they are Mexican. They are very white unless from southern Sicily where they get tanner. Italians have brown and black hair, Mexicans only black. Italians are half and half basically with blue eyes and brown eyes, Mexicans only brown eyes. That's wierd you were mistaken for a Mexican.
Your statistics are baseless!

Not many Southern Italians look German or English, although one can occasionally find a Campanian or Roman with a considerable amount of the old Lombard, Ostrogoth or Frankish stock that invaded those regions. Few 'pure' Northern Italians, yes; can pass for Northern German; Dutch; Swedish; etc. - those Northern Italians with Mediterranean admixture can resemble many French [mostly from southeastern France], & many British from the coastal regions of England.

Southern Italians, depending on the season, can look like Mexicans to those who are very ignorant regarding racial studies & other collective racial matters, namely anthropology.

Italians are by no means the most discriminated people in the world, not nowadays, anyway. They're without a doubt one of the most popular people in the world.

If anything Germans have it worse than any group; at least the groups most feel have been discriminated regardless of their history of achievement & civilization are 'allowed' to feel proud of their cultural heritage, unlike the Germans with all of their history of achievement & civilization. Their freedoms are subdivided everytime they in some way show any pride in what they are.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cant do it Sally:
hi JustMe

congrats you've survived of Istanbul. many coming from abroad love this city but i rarely hear of anyone having lived for 2 years and still loving istanbul. were you a student or what?
Oh, no, not student, I was supposed to be at school. My father worked there by contract so we lived there. At the Asian part, Acibadem. The city is beautiful, bridges, islands, Topkapi and so on.
BTW, I really believe that Italians are more famous around the world for creating Opera rather than Mafia!

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 01:54 PM

Sonny Fiorelli,

You are pretty new to these boards. Yet you are talking to the Veteran memebers here with dishonor and disrespect. We all debate issues and get into it with each other from time to time, lord knows that I do, but even though our debates may get heated, we always try to keep a level of respect for each other and basically we have an unwritten code of honor towards each other. You can disagree with some of the opinions on here, but don't do it with the degree of disrespect that you have been doing it with! You need to show some degree of respect for the other members here and you also need to show some self control!

Don Cardi
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
In India where the caste system still thrives there are the "untouchables"
So that's where Elliot Ness and his crew wound up.
Posted By: Don Larzono

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:

Your statistics are baseless!

Few 'pure' Northern Italians, yes; can pass for Northern German; Dutch; Swedish; etc.
I have no interest in starting a racial debate, but you are actually correct here. Though I'm a very dark Swede, people know instantly that I'm not Italian, when I walk around in Italy. And now I'm talking about central and northern Italy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Guineapig:

Italians are by no means the most discriminated people in the world, not nowadays, anyway. They're without a doubt one of the most popular people in the world.
Very true.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 04:23 PM

We're forgetting the Native Americans, the first of the discriminated races in this country, and the ones who have been discriminated in this country the longest, and the worst.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Sonny Fiorelli,

You are pretty new to these boards. Yet you are talking to the Veteran memebers here with dishonor and disrespect. We all debate issues and get into it with each other from time to time, lord knows that I do, but even though our debates may get heated, we always try to keep a level of respect for each other and basically we have an unwritten code of honor towards each other. You can disagree with some of the opinions on here, but don't do it with the degree of disrespect that you have been doing it with! You need to show some degree of respect for the other members here and you also need to show some self control!

Don Cardi
I am reminded of Vito advising Sonny
and Michael scolding Fredo in Vegas
Posted By: bogey

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 05:57 PM

Wow, Forelli.. for a newbie, you sure act pretty disrespectfully.

Italians most definately aren't the "most discriminated people ever".. Just because of a few ignorant people, you make a pretty broad assumption. And you should never assume, because.. well you know.

Oh, and don't even try personally attacking me, because it won't work.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bogey:

Oh, and don't even try personally attacking me, because it won't work.
got that right little sis
Posted By: juventus

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/08/05 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
I find it funny that someone who is arguing against stereotyping Italians as gangsters posted this discussion in the Organized Crime forum.

I'm moving this discussion to the "General Discussion" forum.
Haha thats a very good one!

ANyway...It's true that when I say that i'm Italian people make jokes about the mafia (and espacially when they aks me: and where from Italy and I say Sicily)..But here in Holland they dont think immediatly: Italy? Mafia!. They see ITaly as a beautiful country and everyone has been there on vacation at least once and they love it. And the mafia is not very bad, it's more cool because the only thing they know about it is The Godfather. They know its bad but their first reaction about the mafia is not negative.
But also a Sicilian friend of my father calls me Don Paolo because he knows im interested in the mafia...The dutch kids of my age (16) think its cool, the mafia is cool..

But actually its very discriminating that they see Italians (Sicilians) as mafiosi. I'll give an example.
Here in Holland there are many muslims (mostly from turkey and marocco). Those are sometimes discriminated (because of the terrorist and to be honoust they make many problems). But people would never say to them: so your a muslim, when are you going to fly with a plane in a building?
But its (almost) the same as as asking a italian if hes a mafioso.

But cut the crap...I dont give a .... if they ask me if im a mafioso, i find it funny! They dont want to offend you, they want to be nice. And Italians aren't hate there loved! People love Italy and Italians.

But....the Italians in New Orleans in the early 1900's were discriminated very much..that's true..

But anyway, in general people love italians (and they are right!!) Italian romance! Italians know how to tread wimen(?)/women. There food is very good. They talk, eat, talk, talk, eat, talk and talk...Ferrari, Lamborghini, Armani, Alfa Romeo, Versace...Haha

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 03:43 AM

i didnt talk negitevly to anyone, i was called an asshole first. Notice how the conversation was going nicely till some hothead blew up. Honestly if you wine and bitch on a message board, i'd hate to actually see you upset in real life

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 03:49 AM

Don't even try it, Forelli. You made truly disparaging remarks about a certain group that showed your ignorant, bigotted attitude that has no place on these boards.

That post was deleted, as well as the reply of one our respected members who had quoted your original message.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 03:51 AM

i said it after i was beriddled, and i apologized for the rmark, immediatly after it

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 03:58 AM

Thats not true. The remark you made had absolutely nothing to do with what was previously posted. If it were allowed to remain it would have been the 7th post in this thread, and at that point nobody had "beriddled" you.

In any event I'm not going to argue this point in public any further.
Posted By: Omnipotent Superman

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 04:07 AM

Quote:
o yes stereotyping is ok though? Everyone race is knocked by someone of another, I work in the grill of a fast food restaurant with a couple hispanics and we knock each other all the time its just something we need to roll with. I didnt see you give any extreme examples it all sounded like jokes to me, i get called a cracker or gringo and just laugh about it. Now i know i make up the majority here in America and maybe i dont understand everything u go through but life's gonna be easier once u deal with it.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 04:09 AM

Forelli,

Take my advise and put this arguement, topic and issue to rest. There is no point in your continuing to keep this back and forth stuff going. It's advisable that you end it now!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Omnipotent Superman

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 04:21 AM

Hey Forelli dont worry about it though i understand u felt enough was enough, i am a senior in highschool and i have a sophmore sister and people are always talking about her to piss me off and i swear someone is gonna get punched in the face by me one day if they dont quit. So if ur getting this crap all the time and are sick of it, just walk away for a couple of minutes like i have to do sometimes. I know this is something i need to work at cause the madder i get the more they are gonna do it.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 04:33 AM

Quote:
i'd hate to actually see you upset in real life
Yeah you would.

Look Forelli, I'd advise you to stop making wiseass remarks. You're not impressing anyone.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by juventus:
...But actually its very discriminating that they see Italians (Sicilians) as mafiosi. I'll give an example.
Here in Holland there are many muslims (mostly from turkey and marocco). Those are sometimes discriminated (because of the terrorist and to be honoust they make many problems). But people would never say to them: so your a muslim, when are you going to fly with a plane in a building?
But its (almost) the same as as asking a italian if hes a mafioso.
How is asking an Italian if they're in the MOB the same as asking a Muslim if they're going to fly a plane in the building? Are you joking? I'm 1/4 Irish, so does that mean if someone asks me if I'm in the IRA, it's the same thing too? :rolleyes: Give me a break. -Pat
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/09/05 05:58 AM

thats also like sayin that cubans and colombians are all coke addicts, just because a movie and because a few cubans and colombians are.
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/14/05 01:49 PM

How come I don't feel discriminated at all????

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/14/05 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
How come I don't feel discriminated at all????
Maybe you're just NOT?
BTW, nice to see you back. Got a good vacation?
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/14/05 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JustMe:
Maybe you're just NOT? [/QB]
NOT what? Italian or discriminated?

Quote:
BTW, nice to see you back. Got a good vacation? [/QB]
Thank you!!!! When I can sleep till 10 o'clock a vacation is always good to me!!!

Baci (kisses)

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/14/05 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
[quote]Originally posted by JustMe:
Maybe you're just NOT?
NOT what? Italian or discriminated?
[/QB][/quote]Discriminated, of course! After all, why should you be?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/16/05 12:29 AM

Humans are the most disciminated beings on the planet.

God was an animal lover, I suppose.

Mick
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Italians are the most discriminated people ever - 01/16/05 09:48 PM

"Aren't we all getting a little too sensitive? I mean, someone asks me which way's Israel, I don't fly off the handle."

- Jerry Seinfeld
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET