Home

South Park

Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

South Park - 01/07/05 04:32 AM

I know theres other threads like this... but...

I am really liking this show. It's very clever satire with just poor animation. And the satire is very accurate. Too bad there are no new episodes until March or something. Also, I wasn't sure about this show, because of Comedy Central, but South Park is a very conservative show. The satire really favors the usual conservative side on most issues being "covered" in an episode, even though the creators insist they are independent.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: South Park - 01/07/05 04:35 AM

South Park is conservative and liberal. South Park is everything. It's anti-Muslim, anti-Christian, anti-Jew, and pro-choice. This show is everything. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are actually very good friends with Michael Moore. -Pat
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: South Park - 01/07/05 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
South Park is conservative and liberal. South Park is everything. It's anti-Muslim, anti-Christian, anti-Jew, and pro-choice. This show is everything. Matt Stone and Trey Parker are actually very good friends with Michael Moore. -Pat
Actually they aren't

Re: South Park - 01/07/05 04:40 AM

^ Uh... no they aren't. They actually addressed this. Moore asked them to do something for Bowling, and Stone agreed. But then he made it look like they somehow made an animation for the film, and some other crap, and I guess Stone was pissed off, and Parker was mad too. They aren't friends. In fact, I think they even talked about that a couple months ago on the Tonight Show. And come one, Team America? It doesn't get much more conservative then that... at least deep down, the satire is sort of subtle even though it has satire written all over it.

South Park is really conservative though... especially some of the songs the characters sing and stuff.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: South Park - 01/07/05 04:42 AM

Please tell me how South Park is conservative.

Re: South Park - 01/07/05 04:50 AM

I can't list any facts... it doesn't talk about anything like this in episode guides. But all the gay references about special rights, the racial issues that pop in episodes like the famous "richers" episode have a satrical view of the right because it's making fun of the leftist media and other organizations position on race in social celebrity class and actions. Like the "goobacks" episode mocking the left in their position on immigration... the time border obviously satire for the Mexican border. The Christmas and Chrisitan themed episodes with Kyle's mom all the time and the left positions of removing everything Christian, the Passion of the Jew making fun of the left position that the film was anti-Jewish and Mel Gibson as some radical. The Michael Jackson episode mocks many left positons that black celebrities are unfairly "framed" or hunted by the police and law enforcement. I mean, it goes on and on... you can find it in most episodes.
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: South Park - 01/08/05 06:12 AM

South Park is neither Conservative nor Liberal. If anyone in here can tell me one time they made fun of Liberal's or Conservative's and didn't make fun of the other group to make up for it, just try. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have taken no political stance in South Park, and the only things that they have actually shown, is who they like and dislike, basically.

Re: South Park - 01/08/05 06:14 AM

Actually it's satire with a not-so-easy-to-spot Conservative viewpoint, unless you look for it. Parker and Stone themselves insist they are independent and I think are Libertarians.
Posted By: Blake

Re: South Park - 01/08/05 11:02 AM

I just bought the 2nd and 4th seasons. Trey and Matt are so damn funny.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET