Home

Simple war question

Posted By: DonsAdvisor

Simple war question - 10/28/04 10:59 PM

How will we know that the War on Terror has ended? What are the criteria?
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Simple war question - 10/28/04 11:01 PM

The war on terror will never end. It's unbeatable. It's like the war on poverty and the war on drugs. You can keep fighting and fighting, but it'll always be there. -Pat
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Simple war question - 10/29/04 03:06 AM

I agree with Patrick. You can't win the war on terror, at least not entirely. There will always be terrorist groups somewhere in the world.
I don't really know if there is any criteria to go by. And to be honest, I'd feel much safer today if we were at the stage we were before the Iraq war.

This is probably a good question to again in a year, since things will be unstable for years to come and opinions may change as the terror gets "close to home."

However, not to abandon all hope, it is possible that we can greatly diminish it and still strive for a safe world. Of course, it takes good leadership for that to happen, if you get my drift. :p

TIS
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Simple war question - 10/29/04 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonsAdvisor:
How will we know that the War on Terror has ended? What are the criteria?
When humanity is extinct.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Simple war question - 10/29/04 05:26 PM

I don't know a specific ending, but when Israel and Palestine decide to stop killing each other, it would be a nice start.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Simple war question - 10/29/04 05:44 PM

What is "Terror?" To me it is exemplified by those sneaky, suicide bombers. So, just using them as an example; how would you profile a suicide bomber? Why do they do it?

They claim some attachment to the Muslim religion.
There is no sexual or age requirement (although, most are young men).
They don't announce their specific target, just kind of a general "we're gonna getcha."
They believe they are martyrs.
Their parents are proud of them.
Sometimes their families are paid.
They don't like the Western world or Israel.
....there are many more. Pretty elusive group. No flag, no embassy, no large concrete headquarters, no rep in U.N., no national anthem, just a bunch of renegade wackos. How do change that?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET