Home

TV Box Sets You Own

Posted By: DonFerro55

TV Box Sets You Own - 10/22/04 09:02 PM

I was just wondering how many TV box sets people own. A lot of DVD fans say they would never buy a show that's still on TV, but hey, who knows.

Ok, I'll Start. In no Favorite order:

1. The Twilight Zone: Collection 1
2. The Sopranos: Season 1
3. The Sopranos: Season 2
4. The Sopranos: Season 3
5. The Sopranos: Season 4
6. Futurama: Season 1
7. Futurama: Season 2
8. Futurama: Season 3
9. Futurama: Season 4
10. The Critic: The Complete Series
11. Dilbert: The Complete Series
12. Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 1
13. Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 2
14. Seinfeld: Seasons 1-3 Gift Pack (On Pre-Order)
15. Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume 1
16. Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Volume 2
17. Sealab 2021: Volume 1
18. Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Volume 1
19. Strangers With Candy: Season 1
20. Strangers With Candy: Season 2
21. Strangers With Candy: Season 3
22. The Awful Truth: Season 1
23. The Awful Truth: Season 2
24. Clerks: The Animated Series: The Complete Series
25. All in the Family: Season 1
26. All in the Family: Season 2
27. Family Guy: Volume 1 and 2
28. Family Guy: Volume 3
29. CSI: Season 1
30. Lost in Space: Season 1
31. King of Queens: Season 1
32. Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 1
33. 24: Season 1
34. OZ: Season 1
35. Dallas: Seasons 1 and 2

There they are, I guess I don't really leave the home a lot unless it's to go buy more DVDs.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: Blake

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/22/04 09:44 PM

The Simpson's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th seasons.
Family Guy Vol. 1 and 2.
Malcolm In The Middle 1st season.
Sex and The City 1st season.
The Sopranos 1st and 2nd season. 3rd and 4th are coming.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Animated 1st season.
Alf 1st seasin.The Osbournes 1st and 2nd season.
King of The Hill 1st season.
Futurama 1st and 2nd season.

I think there are a few more but I can't recall all of them right now.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/22/04 10:12 PM

-Family Guy
-Three's Company
-Dragnet (original)
-Wonder Woman
-Taxi
-Martin and Lewis Comedy Hour
-The Beverly Hillbillies
-Cheers
-The Mary Tyler Moore Show
-M*A*S*H
-The Twilight Zone- Collection 1 & 2
-Fawlty Towers (Although technically it's my mom's)
-Colombo (Also my mom's )

I've pre-ordered 21 Jumpstreet (comes out this Tuesday!!!) and the 3rd season of Three's Company.

I also still want to get Kids in the Hall and Keeping Up Appearances, and a few others.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/22/04 10:15 PM

Holy Cow, Ferro!!

Besides the 7 I ordered today mentioned in the other thread, I think only these:

Sopranos 1-4 (of course)
Family Guy 1-3 in two sets
Planet of the Apes (full TV series)
Malcom 1
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/22/04 10:24 PM

The Sopranos seasons 1-5 (the fifth is on recorded VCR )
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
The Shield season 1
Six Feet Under season 1
Twin Peaks season 1
The Office season 1
The League of Gentlemen seasons 1 and 2
24 season 1 and 2

Mick
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 12:13 AM

I only own one TV show DVD

Freeks & Geeks The Complete Series
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 02:58 AM

Band of Brothers... TV at its best.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 03:31 AM

Band Of Brothers
The Sapranos seasons 1-3
OZ seasons 1-3
The Munsters season 1
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 03:38 AM

NGE, I never saw the first season or two of OZ how good are they compared to the newer seasons?
Posted By: Don Sauno

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 05:17 AM

Simpsons seasons 1-3. One of these days I'm gonna get around to buying the fourth season and I'll hopefully see that fifth one around Christmas time. I still have a bunch of commentaries and other special feature I want to get through on the third season.

I also have The West Wing Complete First Season and my brother (who I trade of with frequentely) has the second season and the complete Sports Night collection. I'm a real fan of Aaron Sorkin's writing, though I doubt I'll bother with West Wing's Third Season which will be coming out. As with all good TV writing, it eventually loses the touch.

That's really all. There are so many I want to get, but many (such as the Star Trek seasons) are ridiculously expensive and there already a bunch of actual films I want to get.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 06:10 AM

Sopranos season 1
Sopranos season 2
Sopranos season 3
Angel season 1
Angel season 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 1
Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 3
The original Transformers season 1
The original transformers season 2 parts 1 & 2
The original transformers season 3 parts 1 & 2/season 4
BattleStar Galactica-the complete epic series
Knight Rider season 1
Alias season 1
Alias season 2
Dallas seasons 1 & 2
The Shield season 1
The shield season 2

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Holy Cow, Ferro!!

Besides the 7 I ordered today mentioned in the other thread, I think only these:

Sopranos 1-4 (of course)
Family Guy 1-3 in two sets
Planet of the Apes (full TV series)
Malcom 1
Yeah, I've been collecting DVD's since they came out and have assembled over 400 now. I'm kinda pissed because I've liked movies my whole life and I have just as many VHS. I really would like to get Band of Brothers and the rest of the CSI Series.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: Frankie 5-angels

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 07:15 AM

Band of Brothers
The Sopranos seasons 1-4
The Shield season 1
24 seasons 1-2
The Office seasons 1-2
Phoenix Nights seasons 1-2
Little Britain season 1
That peter Kay Thing season 1
Millenium season 1
Six Feet Under seasons 1-2
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 07:20 AM

Not many to report, but here goes:

Phoenix Nights Season 1 and 2
Spooks Season 1 (known as MI5 in the States, I'd highly recommend it)
Buffy Season 1
Twin Peaks Season 1 (itching for Season 2!)
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
NGE, I never saw the first season or two of OZ how good are they compared to the newer seasons?
Well I've never seen the new ones so I cant say. I got 1-3 without ever having seen them. When season 3 came out Best Buy had a big sale. If you got all of them it basicly worked out to getting season 3 for 6 bucks. A friend of mine said it was a great show so I got them. I know that season 4 is coming to DVD in January and it's twice the size of the earlier sets, 16 hours compared to 8 for seasons 1-3.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/23/04 10:50 AM

Wiseguy : seasons 1 - 3
24 : season 1 & 2
Sopranos : seasons 1 - 4
Oz : season 1

And been searching high and low for a season set of The Gangster Chronicles for over 3 years now, but just can't seem to find it. Probably never made. I am also waiting for the U.S. release of the Mini Series "Rich Man Poor Man." I know that it is available over in The UK and Europe, but it has not been released in the USA yet.

Don Cardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/24/04 03:58 AM

Today I found two boxed sets of the classic Abbott and Costello movies on DVD! Each boxed set has 8 of thier movies and they retail for $19.99 a set! It's about time that they put these guys on DVD! Here is the list :

Volume # 2 : Hit The Ice, In Society, Here Come The Coeds, The Naughty Nineties ( who's on first skit), Little Giant, The Time Of Thier Lives, Buck Privates Come Home, & The Wistful Widow Of Wagon Gap.

Volume # 3 : Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein, Mexican Hayride, A & C Meet The Killer, A & C In The Foreign Legion, A & C Meet The Invisible Man, Comin Round The Mountain, Lost In Alaska & A & C GO To Mars.

Now the search is on for Volume # 1.

Don Cardi
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/24/04 04:24 AM

Don Cardi, what's Wiseguy about & is it any good? How would you compare it with The Sopranos?

24 Season 1
24 Season 2
Diff'rent Strokes Season 1
In Living Color Season 1
In Living Color Season 2
Oz Season 1
Oz Season 2
Oz Season 3
Quantum Leap Season 1
Shield Season 1
Shield Season 2
Simpsons Season 1
Simpsons Season 2
Simpsons Season 3
Simpsons Season 4
Sopranos Season 1
Sopranos Season 2
Sopranos Season 3
Sopranos Season 4

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/24/04 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
Don Cardi, what's Wiseguy about & is it any good? How would you compare it with The Sopranos?

Wiseguy is a fantastic show that was way ahead of it's time. I beieve that it aired in the early 90's. It was a weekely series about an undercover OCB agent who infiltrates different illegal activities and scenarios. The first season this agent, Vinnie Teranova ( played by Ken Wahl ), infiltrates a Mob family, The Steelgraves, ( brothers played by Ray Sharkey and Gianni Russo ) and gets in real deep. ( I know it sounds like a Donnie Brasco, but it's nothing like it at all ). The situations that this agent gets into are real cliffhangers and they make you wonder every episode how the hell he is going to get out of them! What really makes this Steelgrave season interesting is that this agent, while staying legitimate, builds a close bond and deep compassion for one of the Steelgrave brothers. If you like mob movies and undercover stuff, this first set with the Steelgraves is a must. The Second season set is a great storyline also, where agent Terranova infiltrates the world of a crazy, eccentric business man who is involved in some sick illegal activites and beyond, named Mel Profitt who was played by an unkown actor at that time named Kevin Spacey. Do yourself a favor and at least buy the first season Steelgrave Episodes set, then take it from there.

Here is an online review about this show :

"One TV series that to this day enjoys the benefits of a classic because of good scripts, a tremendous cast and just the right timing is WISEGUY."

"It has all the characteristics that made The Godfather famous and Goodfellas Scorsese's best picture - and the decision by creator Stephen J Cannel to break the rules of conventional TV and present the show in the form of several arch-type episodes instead of "one-hour conclusion" shows was the key to its success among fans."

web page Wiseguy Ken Wahl DVD Review Sonny Steelgrave Vinnie Terranova Mob

Don Cardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 02:06 AM

Grazie Don Cardi, I'll have to look into this. Also a show with an early Kevin Spacey, how fun!

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 03:09 AM

Quote:
Grazie Don Cardi, I'll have to look into this. Also a show with an early Kevin Spacey, how fun!
Actually there were quite a few stars that made appearances throughout the seasons. Annette Benning, Kevin Spacey, Jerry Lewis, Stanley Tucci, Anthony Denison, Chazz Palminteri & Ron Silver to name a few.

Don Cardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 04:22 AM

Wiseguy Season 1 (Part I and II, 8 discs) is in my NetFlix queue, as well as Wiseguy: Prey for the City (4 discs). Is the latter Season 2 or something?

I never saw the series....
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 08:19 AM

I've only got The Shield, The Complete First Season, and The Shield, The Complete Second Season.
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 08:53 AM

- Friends seasons 1, 4 and 7
- Sex and the City seasons 1 to 5
- Fawlty Towers 1 and 2
- The Office 1 and 2
- Phoenix Nights 1 and 2
- Only Fools and Horses series 1 to 5, plus several of the xmas specials
- He-Man 1 and 2
- Dogtanian and the 3 Muskerhounds 1 and 2
Posted By: angiez23

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 03:53 PM

- The sopranos 1-4
- Sex and the city 1-5
- The X file 1 and 3
- The simpsons 1 and 3
- ER season 1
- Friends 1-4
- mad about you 1-2
- Seinfeld 1-3 (pre order)
- Angels in america.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 04:14 PM

I can't wait for Seinfeld. The Gift set looks so cool! Just so everyone knows, if you order it from BestBuy.com for about $75 bucks, you get a free coupon for $25 on your next buy. I did this. I plan on getting a new Bogart movie with that coupon. If you get only season 1 and 2 or season 3, then you get a $10 dollar coupon instead. But the gift set is worth it.

Doctor Ferro

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 05:17 PM

DonFerro, I thought the Seinfeld gift set was going for $120. I'm planning on getting these 2 DVD's (just the DVD's & not the entire set), but I might have to order it over the internet b/c I KNOW they'll be sold out on day 1, plus I don't know if they're gonna offer a raincheck for it.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 05:26 PM

Quote:
DonFerro, I thought the Seinfeld gift set was going for $120. I'm planning on getting these 2 DVD's (just the DVD's & not the entire set), but I might have to order it over the internet b/c I KNOW they'll be sold out on day 1, plus I don't know if they're gonna offer a raincheck for it.
Just check Bestbuy.com. Enjoy.

Doc
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/25/04 09:16 PM

ive only got a couple of friends boxsets- sad arn't i

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/26/04 10:07 PM

Quote:
Wiseguy Season 1 (Part I and II, 8 discs) is in my NetFlix queue, as well as Wiseguy: Prey for the City (4 discs). Is the latter Season 2 or something?

Don Cardi -- can you clarify please?

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/27/04 12:07 AM

Hey Geoff, I read your comments on dvd.ign about studios double-dipping and all I gotta say is, THANK YOU! Stick it to the man! I hear that the 2nd round of Kill Bill's will be coming out next August (The Director's Cuts) and I heard awhile ago, that they Special Editions will be out by next Christmas. I'll probably buy the Special Editions & not the Director's Cut.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/27/04 12:43 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by J Geoff:
[b] Wiseguy Season 1 (Part I and II, 8 discs) is in my NetFlix queue, as well as Wiseguy: Prey for the City (4 discs). Is the latter Season 2 or something?

Don Cardi -- can you clarify please? [/b][/quote]Sorry Don Malta, I just got back into this thread. Ok.
One Tine I gonna tell you, one Tine! Ok? Ok.

The first disc set is titled Sonny Steelgrave and The Mob Season 1 / Part 1. why they titled it this, I'll never know. There are 4 discs in this set. Disc 1 - Disc 3 cover the first season story of Sonny Steelgrave, played by Ray Sharkey. Disc 4 features two bonus episodes that were played as individual episodes later on in the series. But this set, even though being titled Season 1 part 1 contains the comlete season 1 Sonny Steelgrave storyline. There is no part 2, so don;t pay attention to the DVD title on the box.

Dey had dere heads up dere culos when they named this first set!

The second DVD wiseguy set is titled MEL PROFFITT. I believe that this was the second season and featured the story of the Mel Profitt Organization, played brilliantly by an unknown at the time named Kevin Spacey! Discs 1 - 3 cover the ENTIRE MEl Profitt Storyline! Disc 4 in this set, like disc 4 in the 1st set, has bonus episodes. The bonus episode that is included in this set is a really good one. It feature a story with DON AIUPO. He was a mafia Don who gets involved with Vinny's family. Well you just gotta see it to understand. Vinny Terranova is the Main Character played by Ken Wahl who is know as The Wiseguy.

The Third DVD set, PREY FOR THE CITY, features 2 storylines. Disc 1 : White Supremecy where Terranova infiltrates a white supremest organization. Disc 2 : Garment Trade , This is a fantastic story. Terranova breaks his leg, ( Ken
Whal broke it in real life so could not film for a while )so a new agent takes over for him,that agent being played by Anthony Denison, another guy who went on to later become somewhat of a famous character actor.
Denison infiltrates the rag trade industry
aka the garment district. Jerry Lewis plays the head of a garment manufacturing company, his son played by Ron Silver. The gangster who is shaking Lewis's business down is played by Stanley Tucci! I believe that Chazz Palmenteri has a role in these episodes. These episodes are really great! Appearances and parts played by many unknown actors and actresses at the time who later turned out to be stars and semi stars. Disc 3 : Bonus Episodes, Disc 4 : Bonus Episodes.

Don Malta, I highly reccommend that you buy these three Wiseguy sets, as they are a must for anyone who is into mob stories, infiltration, undercover work, etc.

I don't know if a set # 4 has been released yet, as I remember another season where Ken Wahl returns and infiltrates the Music Business. Tim Curry plays the Music Industry Mogul, and Patti DeAnberville the main woman.

But by far the best storyline is the first Set featuring Sonny Steelgrave and The Mob.

Mel Profitt is a great one too, a wacky character who is into some weird shit, but a great acting job by Spacey.

Chu understand it now chico? Have I clarified it for chu mon?

Don Cardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/27/04 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Sorry Don Malta, I just got back into this thread. Ok.
Eh! Fock-chu, mang! Who put dis ting together -- ME, that's who!

(Thanks, buddy! )

I see "Wiseguy: Between The Mob & A Hard Place" is slated for a Jan 11th release.

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/27/04 01:12 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]Sorry Don Malta, I just got back into this thread. Ok.
Eh! Fock-chu, mang! Who put dis ting together -- ME, that's who!

(Thanks, buddy! )

I see "Wiseguy: Between The Mob & A Hard Place" is slated for a Jan 11th release. [/b][/quote]Chu welcomed mon! Anytine!

YESSS! That's the storyline with Chazz! I think that Michael Chikilis is in that series also. I just can't remember what exactly that storyline was about. Hmmm.

Don Cardi

Re: TV Box Sets You Own - 10/27/04 01:18 AM

Ok, this is the one where there is a Mob war between Don Aiupo & another mob boss. This was pretty decent if I remember correctly. The Music Business storyline must have been the year after this story.

Don Cardi
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET