Home

Christopher Reeve Has Died

Posted By: Robert DeNiro

Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 05:01 AM

hasnt been reported yet by mainstream media, but it will be announced in a matter of hours.

Superman has passed away.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 05:27 AM

How did you know this before it was in the media? I haven't seen anything on TV or internet.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 05:30 AM

http://www.drudgereport.com/

RIP
Posted By: QTN

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 06:11 AM

Angels in heaven....

"Its a bird, its a plane, its superman!"
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 06:11 AM

Obit posted 5 minutes ago.

I just watched the 2nd debate before coming on here just now and heard what Kerry said the other day about him. Such a young guy, it's awful.

Cherish what you have, people - because you never know!

RIP Superman
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 07:09 AM

52, that's so young!

God be with his family, especially with his children. May he rest in peace.
Posted By: QTN

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 07:34 AM

AICN is a website that usually deserves the trash that it gets, but a fitting topicline in its chatroom right now...

"He made us believe a man could fly"
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 11:37 AM

oh this makes me so sad! Thanks for letting us know though.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 11:55 AM

Ouch. What an awful surprise. I saw a pic of him in the paper the other day, no hair and what looked like fake eyebrows. It is such a shame how his life turned out, especially after seeing him (with strings or not) flying through the air years ago.

Rest in Peace, man.

Mick
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 12:09 PM

I just now heard this. How sad. I saw him recently in the Superman series "Smallville", just the end of last season.

I admire his strength, determination and the "fight" he had in him.

Geoff is right! Cherish what you have. How often do we all take for granted that we can do something as simple as walking around.

TIS
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 02:35 PM

Actually in the few recent interviews I've seen him do he didn't really look as well as in the past few years; looked pale & like he'd lost alot of weight (or maybe muscle mass) and was clearly heavily padded.

I saw an interview w/ his doctor this morning on tv...Dr. stated that the life expectency of people in Reeve's condition is usually around 7 years because the injury DOES take a toll on the body. He explained a 'pressure wound' that most likely contributed to complications eventually leading to his death. A sore muscle or pressure on a muscle that a person with feeling would know to alleviate by simply shifting their weight...but Reeve of course would not be aware of it and therefore the pressure may have been too heavy and too long.

Interesting...but above all very sad...

Apple
Posted By: DonFerro55

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 03:28 PM

Wow, Janet Leigh, Rodney Dangerfield, and now Superman? This has been a bad two weeks for fans of show business. May they all be fondly remembered. How heartbreaking. It's true, hollywood stars seem to go within days of each other don't they?

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 03:37 PM

Well...the old saying is that things like this (famous people dying) happen in 3's.

Last year, didn't Kate Hephurn & Bob Hope die within days/weeks of each other?

Also Gregory Peck & David Brinkley?

Marlon Brando & Ronald Reagan?

If we looked back on the dates I bet we'd find a third to join all those pairs; kind've creepy, I know...but almost always seems to work out that way.

Apple
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 03:43 PM

Moderate Actor, great human being. RIP
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 03:46 PM

Rest in PEACE Mr.Reeves...

You'll always be our "Super man"

GoodFella
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 06:37 PM

Didn't agree with his thoughts on stem cell research, but his story was inspiring nonetheless, and sad as well.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 06:39 PM

It's very sad indeed. RIP.
Posted By: sicilianspider

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 07:17 PM

I did have a lot of hope for him... Rest in peace...
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/11/04 07:25 PM

RIP.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 01:50 AM

He did a fund-raiser here for our local rehab hospital. He was absolutely tireless and totally charming, in spite of what must've been an exhausting evening. Although what happened to him was such an awful tragedy, he brought enormous comfort to so many, and was a wonderful advocate for the injured and paralyzed. Perhaps it was his destiny.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 02:11 AM

Dear Jesus...

He was truly a good man who'm had a life filled with happiness and tradgedy. Only in his darkest hours did we see the Real Christopher Reeves and what he was made of...

He was a symbol for everything a man should strive to be like and his loss is evident everywhere...
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 02:48 AM

For some reason that guy annoyed me.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 03:28 AM

That is just awful. You just never know. RIP Christopher.
Posted By: Caporegime

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 06:51 AM

RIP Christopher Reeve, for your feats were nothing short of Super. You will always be a "Superman" to the people that knew you. May God be with Mr. Reeve and his family.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 12:49 PM

During the coverage of Reeve's passing, I heard that doctors had told Reeve his life expectancy after the accident would be approximately 10 years. This is too bad because he did a lot of good things after his accident and tried to better the world around him.
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/12/04 04:42 PM

RIP SUPER MAN
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/13/04 01:23 AM

I hate to say it, but it was time for him to leave.He seemed to be in enough (mental,physical he couldnbt feel a thing) pain, that it was time
RIP Superman
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Christopher Reeve Has Died - 10/13/04 02:27 AM

truely, motivated me to keep trying to live my life no matter what problems I encountered. RIP a fine actor an human being.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET