Home

I Saw Michael Moore!

Posted By: DonFerro55

I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 02:53 AM

Hey guys,

Sorry I havent posted in a while, a long while, but I'm very busy watching films so that I may become a true Doctor of Film. But as many of you don't know, a big part of my life is politics. I usually just browse our political threads but perhaps I will become active in them now with November creeping up. I've been in love with Moore ever since I saw The Awful Truth on TV so many years ago. I have seen all his works including Bowling and Farenheit (Obviously), and I believe his work just gets better.(Bowling was his best in my opinion) I also have read his books: Dude, Where's My Country and Stupid White Men.

Anyways, I go to Michigan State University and as you Moore fans know, he loves MSU. It's the only hat he wears in BFC. He is currently on his Slacker Uprising Tour and MSU was one location in his first week. He came here FREE OF CHARGE! I was alerted in my MSU Democratic Party mail, which I am a member of. He also visited U of M and other small colleges. I waited for 3 hours out in the cold and I was seventh in line when I got there at 9:30 A.M. for his 12:00 P.M. show. By 11:30 when they opened the doors, there was well over 3,000 kids waiting. I was seventh! HA! I was in the front center and he came out and talked for hours about Bush and Kerry and Voting. He was amazing, but he's incredibly shy. He came out with his hands in pockets and shyly nodding to us. He was 10 feet from me! I was in awe. He is incredibly large though, tall but very, very heavy. He got very into his speeches and would start screaming. It was amazing. He showed us bonus features from the DVD coming out tomorrow. He even had fake Bush campaign ad's that had everyone, including myself, rolling.

It was definetely the most entertaining 2 hours ever. He was a larger than life character and really has a hold on his charisma and humor. I hope you guys get to see him, he truely is wonderful and creative.

P.S. Please don't let this thread turn into a Bush or Kerry bashing thread. Let's just dicuss Mr. Moore. (I know the two are hand in hand but, you know)

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 03:07 AM

Hi Don Ferro,

I must say you do have guts to start this thread. I don't know that it's possible to continue without an outbreak of some kind, as most here absolutely hate Moore, but I'll try to ask lightweight questions so as not to start anything.

First of all, I am from Michigan (Grand Rapids), so you're kind of in my hometown area. :p

I read that Moore was touring. Don't think he's gonna be in California tho. Anyway, was he well received, were there any kind of protestors or was it peacful? I heard he shows his movie at each campus, is that true?

Glad you enjoyed it and sounds like you had a great seat.

TIS

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 03:47 AM

Hi TIS,

Yes it's true, he does show his movie on all campuses he goes to. We are showing Fareinheit now on campus.

He was very well recieved, like I said, there was over 3,000 people by the time the doors opened. A car was driving by back and forth with a big fake "dummy"(excuse the Pun) of Bush with a sign that said 2+2=5 Trust Me. The dummy's pants were on fire too. That was funny.

The MSU Republican party came around too before we went in with signs and shouting "4 more years" with the 3,000 replying "no more lies".

It was definetely very interesting but when we were all seated, Moore asked if there was any Republicans in the audience and a few stood. People booed but Moore said not to because they were welcome here too. He thought everyone should be welcome because just a week ago the Bush daughters were here and only card holding republicans were allowed admittance. He stated that "we should welcome these Republicans because we have something to teach them."

It was really great.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 03:49 AM

Don Ferro, that is so cool man that you got to see him! Do you know if he's coming to Texas anytime soon? Also, how where his books compared to his movies? I haven't seen anything else other than Bowling for Columbine & Fahrenheit 9/11, but I LOVED both movies because he's an average Joe doing what I can't! I think he's funny & doing what he enjoys. Everyone hates him like he's the anti-Christ, but he's just exercising his free speech & doing what he believes in and God bless him for that.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 04:02 AM

I'm not sure about Texas but he probably will because it has a large number of electorial votes. Even though he would be massacred there, he might go, nothing seems to intimidate him. You cn check his website http://www.michaelmoore.com for his tour dates and info. He adds new places on everyday so keep checking.

His Book, Dude, Where's My Country is very much like Fareinhiet 9/11, but has the documented facts in the back of it on all of his claims in the book. The book relates to the movie but goes deeper into some of the explainations. Places where only books can go. You should check out his film Roger and Me, which takes place in Flint MI about the GM plant closings. I live about 30 minutes from Flint. But in Bowling for Columbine, he was just right down the street filming at our local K-Marts for the bullet buying scenes. They are about 5 minutes away. The k-mart headquarters where he got the bullet sales revoked is also just down the street a little farther. A lot of what Moore does is right in my hometown and around us. It's very interesting.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 04:28 AM

They'd have to pay me a hefty sum of money to see Micheal Moore.

And even then I wouldn't go.
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 04:56 AM

Did you get close enough to throw a steaming pile of dog shit at him?

Posted By: Patrick

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 10:58 AM

Awesome Don Ferro. A true American politician with no fear is what Moore is. Fahrenheit 9/11 is out today, BTW!

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 03:01 PM

Cool picture Nice Guy Eddie, but I didn't know Saddam was in town for the Oscars

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 05:33 PM

Yeah, it was truely great. He spoke on so many issues.

I just picked up the DVD. I pre-ordered it so it was waiting for me, which was cool.

I only wish the Fake Bush campaign ads he made were on it. If he ever comes to a town near you, I highly recommend seeing his show.

He also mentioned he's doing everything possible to get Fahrenheit on TV the night of Nov.1, which would be awesome. He want's everyone to show his DVD to everyone they know. He says to burn copies of them and give them to people you know, even those you don't.

So go out there and show everyone the film guys.

Enjoy,
Doctor Ferro
Posted By: SicilianMafia

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 05:46 PM

Did you get close enough to punch the fat fuck in the face?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 09:09 PM

Excellent, Don Ferro! Welcome back, by the way. Film is an expensive hobby, in money and time equally, isn't it! As an unemployed film lover, it's frightening as to where the money actually comes from!

Regarding your Moore spotting: I'd love to meet him. All these Bush bummers who hate him really must know what they're talking about, since they have seen his films.....right?

Wrong. They pass judgement on him and call him a liar without even seeing his films. In all honesty, such narrow-minded people are unlikely to be deterred by Fahrenheit, but the fact they refuse to see it only magnifies their pretentiousness.

On the Pulp Fiction SE, Tarantino is interviewed by Moore at a film festival. I must say, Moore seems a tad ignorant at times when asking Tarantino questions, but that was going by one interview. His films are great, and superbly edited: in many years from now, assuming the world has gotten itself out of the bloody damned mess in which it now seems trapped, historians will be watching 9/11 as fine examples of propaganda. Good luck to him, too.

And why does everybody try to insult him by calling him fat? He is American, after all.

Mick

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 09:38 PM

Mick, that's the only insult that they can throw at him. Since they don't have any "facts" to rebuff what he says, they have to be shallow and make fun of him physically. Pretty elementary to me too.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 09:49 PM

Ewww Fat slob
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Wrong. They pass judgement on him and call him a liar without even seeing his films. In all honesty, such narrow-minded people are unlikely to be deterred by Fahrenheit, but the fact they refuse to see it only magnifies their pretentiousness.
They don't need to see his films to bash his political stances as there are many other ways to view them, his site, interviews, etc. I've seen Bowling For Columbine and I have to say it as horrid. I love his half-truths. Using Canada as leverage to America even though there is a MAJOR population difference.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 10:10 PM

Sure there's a population difference, but I think he was going with the concept of why we kill each other so much more than other countries. Other than population difference, why do you Don Vercetti (and this is not an attack, I'm just wondering your opinion), but why do you think we are so "gun crazy" & why we have so many gun related deaths each year?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/05/04 10:23 PM

From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

USA = 290,809,777 in 2003 (increasing yearly)
Canada = 30,007,094 in 2001 (couldn't find 2003)

That means we are about 9.6 times the size of Canada, which is why I see such difference although I take note that laws do effect variables. I love how he states many Canadians do not lock their doors (which were probably paid people) and I hear that a large group of Canadians said he was false on that. Also a classic is the bank scene, which is stupidity. I know he admitted it but still, getting a gun over counter? First, it's a coupon, second, background checks are made. There is also a much larger list of lies in BFC someone posted a while back I would suggest checking out.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 12:46 AM

My Random Quotes On This Thread:

I feel bad. At least my University gets good speakers like Donald Trump and Ann Coulter.

---

All you got was a liberal. Bah, I could walk down the street and find one of those.

---

I guess Moore is quite "broad-scoped," since we are all narrow minded.

---

We don't have enough villages to name all the Moore's supports as "village idiots."

---

Let's take all the Moore supporters, 'round them up, and then ask them to turn to their right. Oops, they can't...their too busy leaning to the left.

---

You're right, I haven't seen Michael Moore's films, but that's okay, because it looks like Michael Moore hasn't looked at facts, so I figure we're even.

---

Okay, Bush isn't perfect, Kerry isn't perfect, and in fact, we have kinda crappy choices for an election. But to think that Bush is the downfall of the United States today is ignorant, and his film reminds me of a sort of McCarthy-esque "members of congress communists" type shockumentary.

---

Isn't it interesting how one network, FoxNews, can be hailed as the evil empire and how conservatives alter the news, yet CNN, ABC, CBS, and NBC all tend to lean more to the left? I think poor Fox is outnumbered. It goes to show you how paranoid the left is.

---

Why did Michael Moore leave the RNC after John McCain's speech? Didn't he like seeing smart, honest people react to his film, as opposed to the idiot left wing druids?

---

They let Michael Moore into a University? I thought that college was a place for knowledge. I guess I was wrong.

---

I'll say it before, and I'll say it again. I lean to the right. I tend to think conservative. I support the New York Yankees.

Hail me as the grand zilch of an evil empire.

---

I like the local politicians in my district, who are democrats, talking about the tax cuts for millionaires. Quite interesting. Why doesn't anyone talk about Kerry's tax record?

---

A debate tonight? Ugh. It's gonna be "Working Class John" against a "Hardcore Dick." We have a competition between a portipotty and a male reproductive organ.

---

No friggin' way! I demand a recount! You mean that, since he died, it's okay for liberals to associate with Ronald Reagan? The guy who previously was hailed as an irrational spender and the idiot behind Star Wars? Oops.

---

Wait...let me get this straight...Mr. Kerry...if we give up all our nuclear weapons, and ask other countries to disarm after we do...we will be safer? I forgot. The terrorists are waiting for us to stop fighting, and then they will play nice, and stop killing us.

---

Why don't we just pull out of Iraq and let Israel just fucking knock out her enemies? I mean, let's do what George Washington said, be isolationist, and stay out of Europe and other countries affairs.

---

It just goes to show - take the right path...and you won't end up like Michael Moore. He took a left. :p

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

That means we are about 9.6 times the size of Canada, which is why I see such difference although I take note that laws do effect variables. I love how he states many Canadians do not lock their doors (which were probably paid people) and I hear that a large group of Canadians said he was false on that. Also a classic is the bank scene, which is stupidity. I know he admitted it but still, getting a gun over counter? First, it's a coupon, second, background checks are made. There is also a much larger list of lies in BFC someone posted a while back I would suggest checking out.
I believe he included the UK. Also, we're learning about this now in World Cultures, the US does NOT a major population compared to many countries in Asia and Europe. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 04:26 AM

If you havent seen his films and have no proof for the accusations of his "lies in them",(How would you know what he is even talking about if you DONT SEE HIS FILMS!?), THEN SHUT-UP! You have NO say here! How would you like it if I whined and cried about Bush being a bad president or complaining about the State of the Nation, IF I NEVER VOTED?! This is the same situation. Most repulicans in the U.S. Government have not seen this film. Your party tells you to boo the film, so you boo. It's scary that people here who consider themselves movie buffs are judging a film without seeing it. What's the matter? Afraid you might learn something? SOMETHING DOCUMENTED BY FACTUAL REFRENCES?

As for the cheap shots at Moore's weight, wow, can you really find nothing else about this guy other than his weight to accuse him of being a liar?

And as for your comments on being close enough to throw shit at him or punch his face. I was close enough to do so, but I chose rather to cheer him on and extend my hand in graditude.

Michael Moore is a model American. He questions our leadership as any good American should do when they believe they are being mislead. He has brought a consiousness to America and has spoke up for those who have no voice.
Sorry, not everyone is best friends with a "base" of elites. A voice was needed and he undertook the monumental task of exposing a corrupt government. We should all be greatful. My fellow democrats on this board understand this.

Doctor Ferro

P.S. Don't worry too much fellow democrats, he's only got a few more months, that's why they are scared and accusing Kerry of everything from flip-flopping, to not putting the seat down after using the bathroom. They know, their time is up.

Kerry 04

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonFerro55:
It's scary that people here who consider themselves movie buffs are judging a film without seeing it.
I've never seen Leonard part 6 either but I'm pretty sure it sucks to.

Quote:
As for the cheap shots at Moore's weight, wow, can you really find nothing else about this guy other than his weight to accuse him of being a liar?
There's plenty of things about that fat bastard to make fun of but weighing 400+ makes him such an easy target.

Quote:
And as for your comments on being close enough to throw shit at him or punch his face. I was close enough to do so, but I chose rather to cheer him on and extend my hand in graditude.
I guess that makes you part of the problem instead of the solution.

Quote:
Michael Moore is a model American.
More like a model for Weight Watchers.

Quote:
We should all be greatful.
I'd be greatful if someone shoved an aids infected gerbil up his fat ass.

Quote:
My fellow democrats on this board understand this.
You meen my fellow commie homos.

Quote:
...that's why they are scared and accusing Kerry of everything from flip-flopping...
"I actually voted for the 87 billion before I voted against it." John Kerry

I'm Nice Guy Eddie, and I approved this message.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 10:08 AM

If you havent seen his films and have no proof for the accusations of his "lies in them",(How would you know what he is even talking about if you DONT SEE HIS FILMS!?), THEN SHUT-UP!

You DON'T need to see his films to KNOW his political beliefs. This isn't a debate of film this is A POLITICAL debate. You act like his movies are the ONLY way he spreads his messege.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[quote] My fellow democrats on this board understand this.
You meen my fellow commie homos. [/quote]Wow, so now I'm a commie homo because I vote Democrat? Hum, I guess we learn something new everyday (espeically about someone's character)

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] All these Bush bummers who hate him really must know what they're talking about, since they have seen his films.....right?

Mick
What about us Republicans that have seen the film? Do we have a right to check the facts and make an honest judgement or do we have to take Mr. Moore's word as the gospel truth.

The "narrow-minded people" statement goes both ways. I can only speak to the showing I attended. However, I felt like I was at a Democratic campaign rally. Cheering before the movie started, while it was going on, and stil afterward. Did these same "open-minded" individuals bother to dig into the allegations of Mr. Moore's "documentary" to make an honest judgement or did the fact they DID see the film
"magnify their pretentiousness"

Bottom line: I don't think the film changed the mind of one eyota in the audience. If they were a "Bush Bummer" before they saw the film -- probably still are. If they were a Bush-Basher before they saw the film -- I am sure they still are. I would encourage those that saw the film to check the allegations Mr. Moore brought up in his film to make an educated informed decision. [/b][/quote]Now these are educated comments. This kind of rebuttle is what the Democratic process is all about. Sure Moore is fat, he admits it and I admit it. But its a sorry day when being fat invalidates someone's political beliefs.

I believe it is true, Bush fans will continue to be Bush fans after this film. As will Moore fans. But that is the nature of the "Two-Party System". Your party is infallible to all critisism, this is true for Democrats and Republicans. This is a classic example of operant conditioning. We have heard our party's statements so much, that anything else is just wrong.

I belive the film is a magnificently put together work of art. It presents the Facts in a entertaing, informative way. I would much rather take the opinion of an informed Republican who has reviewed the film and Moore's standpoint, then an uniformed clod accusing Moore of being a liar over his weight, grow up guys. Take a note from Partagas, if you are gonna fight, fight smart.

Doctor Ferro

P.S. I also encourage all people to check the facts in the film from a reliable source.

Here's to good, healthy debate.

Kerry 04
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 03:37 PM

Quote:
[quote]
What about us Republicans that have seen the film? Do we have a right to check the facts and make an honest judgement or do we have to take Mr. Moore's word as the gospel truth.

The "narrow-minded people" statement goes both ways. I can only speak to the showing I attended. However, I felt like I was at a Democratic campaign rally. Cheering before the movie started, while it was going on, and stil afterward. Did these same "open-minded" individuals bother to dig into the allegations of Mr. Moore's "documentary" to make an honest judgement or did the fact they DID see the film

Bottom line: I don't think the film changed the mind of one eyota in the audience. If they were a "Bush Bummer" before they saw the film -- probably still are. If they were a Bush-Basher before they saw the film -- I am sure they still are. I would encourage those that saw the film to check the allegations Mr. Moore brought up in his film to make an educated informed decision. [/QB][/quote]I agree - I don't think the film changed anyone's mind except that it may have brought some issues to the minds of voters and they may be curious enough to pay attention to these issues. I can't comment on the film itself because I haven't seen it, but I would never take anything someone that has a political motivation says as pure fact. Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and Al Franken all have an agenda and everything they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 03:40 PM

As for being a commie homo, nice shot Eddie, but the communists don't support Kerry. They are flat out Anti-Bush. There are more than 2 parties here in America, including the American Communist Party, and as many of you other political people here are well informed, many Americans share the anybody but Bush saying. Even the commies I guess.

By the way, Cheney's daughter is a homo. You would not want to insult good ol' Cheney would ya?

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

I believe he included the UK. Also, we're learning about this now in World Cultures, the US does NOT a major population compared to many countries in Asia and Europe. -Pat [/b][/quote]Yeah, but I suggest checking the World Bank or the IMF. Just because of population, doesn't indicate anything with regards to economic status.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] From memory I recollect him comparing, but excluding Japan and England, obviously for size difference, then Canada, which he kept for it's larger then US size. He compares how they have less crime, which I can easily see.

I believe he included the UK. Also, we're learning about this now in World Cultures, the US does NOT a major population compared to many countries in Asia and Europe. -Pat [/b][/quote]Yeah, but I suggest checking the World Bank or the IMF. Just because of population, doesn't indicate anything with regards to economic status. [/b][/quote]Ummmmmmm. The economy doesn't really play a major part in what we're talking about. People are going to get guns and do serious crimes if they really want to. -Pat
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 08:32 PM

Quote:
What about us Republicans that have seen the film? Do we have a right to check the facts and make an honest judgement or do we have to take Mr. Moore's word as the gospel truth?

Bottom line: I don't think the film changed the mind of one eyota in the audience. If they were a "Bush Bummer" before they saw the film -- probably still are. If they were a Bush-Basher before they saw the film -- I am sure they still are. I would encourage those that saw the film to check the allegations Mr. Moore brought up in his film to make an educated informed decision.
Part, if you have seen the film, then my post wasn't addressing you. And I finished with the "He is American" as I don't quite udnerstand why so many people call him fat when they themselves are a citizen of the supposedly fattest nation on Earth. Orson Welles was fat. Pavarotti is fat. Maradona's fat. But calling them so doesn't really degrade their talent or medium in a convincing way at all, really.

Most documentaries don't change the public opinion, especially ones that are presented like Moore's was--an informal, biased piece of propaganda. Whether it was aimed at Kerry supporters or Bush supporters, it's highly unlikely to work either way; the former will only feel stronger in their hatred of Bush, and the latter will effectively boycott the whole film anyway.

But Moore's succeeding at one thing: making Kerry haters wet their pants a little, so to speak; I think that's evident in the fact that every other post in this garbage pile right now is a Kerry-bashing "thread", in which three of four of the same predictable batch post their little insults and whiny jokes and even go to great lengths of research at university to back up their opinion, allowing politics to take over their pitiable lives.

Oh well.

Mick
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 09:30 PM

i just find it funny liberals keep slinging the "narrow-minded" insult at conservatives because we haven't seen a film where the opinions displayed in it are plastered all over the internet, television, magazines and other sources, anyways. :rolleyes:

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
i just find it funny liberals keep slinging the "narrow-minded" insult at conservatives because we haven't seen a film where the opinions displayed in it are plastered all over the internet, television, magazines and other sources, anyways. :rolleyes:
It's because Fahrenheit 9/11 is just like ANY other film. You don't review a film you haven't seen if you just went online and read the scene by scene review. You have to see it. It's for EVERY film. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 09:42 PM

last time i checked, these were political debates where the "you're narrow-minded because you haven't seen the film" comments were slung out, not film reviews. if you're going to use a movie as your back-up in a debate, then i'm going to question the political aspect of it, not it's artistic significance.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/06/04 10:22 PM

Quote:
last time i checked, these were political debates where the "you're narrow-minded because you haven't seen the film" comments were slung out, not film reviews. if you're going to use a movie as your back-up in a debate, then i'm going to question the political aspect of it, not it's artistic significance.
Your question on the political aspect of that movie is next to useless if you haven't seen it. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 12:15 AM

see my first post. :rolleyes:

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 01:22 AM

..and see my reply.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 01:25 AM

This has NOTHING to do with art, film or anything of the sort. This is a political clash. If one reads Moore's articles and opinions that are presented in the film even if they did not see the film, they have all the right to debate it. So what if they miss the comic relief or whatever the hell else is in it? It's the politics they are debating.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 01:34 AM

Quote:
Go Ahead and question it. That's you right. But until you guys find factual information to document that Michael Moore made False statements in his film, then don't say it's false, ESPECIALLY if you have not seen it. You don't even know what your claiming to be false! American media can only go so far into talking about the film on T.V. and the facts in it. Just see the damn thing and make a judgement for yourself. Don't rely on your right-wing independant newspaper or website for info on Fahrenheit 9/11. Your word means bupkiss. I am using Moore's film as a jumping off point in my debate, as well as a work of art. Because it is both. It clearly has something good going on if it won the Palm D'or.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 02:13 AM

pat -- as i've said, his opinions and theories have been plastered everywhere. in a political debate, i do not need to see the film to know what he believes. for a film review? of course. for a political debate where we're arguing facts? i don't have to see what i already know about.

ferro -- his own contradictons tell me he's a lying sack of shit. first we sent too many troops to afghanistan, then we were wrong to send any at all (the latter was moore's view as late as 2002), then we sent too few. first osama should be "innocent until proven guilty," then he believes he's guilty as sin. the man contradicts himself left and right. do i put any credibility in the hands of someone like that? absolutely not.

and you tell me not to assume anything about a film i haven't seen -- yet you jump the gun and assume i get my info from "right wing newspapers." those kind of accusations only work against you.

and it won the palm d'or because of it's artistic aspect -- he did a helluva job lying. does that mean it's all truth? no. does the fact people thought it was beautiful piece of art mean it should be used as leverage in political debates? no.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 02:36 AM

Quote:
pat -- as i've said, his opinions and theories have been plastered everywhere. in a political debate, i do not need to see the film to know what he believes. for a film review? of course. for a political debate where we're arguing facts? i don't have to see what i already know about.

ferro -- his own contradictons tell me he's a lying sack of shit. first we sent too many troops to afghanistan, then we were wrong to send any at all (the latter was moore's view as late as 2002), then we sent too few. first osama should be "innocent until proven guilty," then he believes he's guilty as sin. the man contradicts himself left and right. do i put any credibility in the hands of someone like that? absolutely not.

and you tell me not to assume anything about a film i haven't seen -- yet you jump the gun and assume i get my info from "right wing newspapers." those kind of accusations only work against you.

and it won the palm d'or because of it's artistic aspect -- he did a helluva job lying. does that mean it's all truth? no. does the fact people thought it was beautiful piece of art mean it should be used as leverage in political debates? no.
Michael Moore has the same viewpoint as Kerry: We were told Iraq was a grave danger to our country with its chemical weapons and weapons of mass distruction and links to Al-queida.
None of which are true. Most Americans believed our leader, it's what we are supposed to do. But then when Bush's lies started to pile up and prove false, we were against the war. Everyone's opinion on the war has changed because of Bush lies. Sure, if my president said a country had WMD and links to a group that killed 3,000 innocent Americans, I would say something needed to be done and I would support action. But when I find out I was lied to, I change my mind.

I assume you read factually wrong papers because there is nothing on credible websites with proof Moore Definetely lied.

Again with the accusations of lies in the film. The movie won the award because it presented the viewpoint of one man in a beautiful and entertaining fashion. If he wants to take his factually accurate movie and use it as an item in his debates, he has every right. You don't have to like his film, you don't even have to see it, but you can't bash it without proof of lies IN the film.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 03:10 AM

hm, funny, kerry and bush both read from the same intelligence. :rolleyes:

we weren't lied to when we were told we were in danger. look at what happened during 9/11. look at all the innocent people tortured in iraq. listen to fucking saddam boast of his financial sponsorship of suicide bombers in israel. baghdad was for years the home address of abu nidal, then the most-wanted gangster in the world, who had been sentenced to death and had blown up airports in vienna and rome. the iraqi secret police were caught trying to kill our former president bush during his visit to kuwait. now, forget whether george w. should take that personally, (though why should he not?)... but, should you and i not resent any foreign dictatorship that attempts to kill one of our retired chief executives?

should i go on?

you preach that there's no proof the movie is false... yet, what proof do you have it's true? because moore says so? "just because your right wing websites proclaim he's lying, doesn't mean he is." (even though i don't even visit right wing websites, but let's be hypothetical here.) the same can be directed at you -- just because mr. moore claims everything he boasts is true, doesn't mean it is. the clips of video used in moore's movie are out of context -- he uses specific clips to make it fit with the script that aren't necessarily correct.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 03:15 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
[b] pat -- as i've said, his opinions and theories have been plastered everywhere. in a political debate, i do not need to see the film to know what he believes. for a film review? of course. for a political debate where we're arguing facts? i don't have to see what i already know about.

Michael Moore has the same viewpoint as Kerry: We were told Iraq was a grave danger to our country with its chemical weapons and weapons of mass distruction and links to Al-queida.
None of which are true. Most Americans believed our leader, it's what we are supposed to do. But then when Bush's lies started to pile up and prove false, we were against the war. Everyone's opinion on the war has changed because of Bush lies. Sure, if my president said a country had WMD and links to a group that killed 3,000 innocent Americans, I would say something needed to be done and I would support action. But when I find out I was lied to, I change my mind.

I assume you read factually wrong papers because there is nothing on credible websites with proof Moore Definetely lied.

Again with the accusations of lies in the film. The movie won the award because it presented the viewpoint of one man in a beautiful and entertaining fashion. If he wants to take his factually accurate movie and use it as an item in his debates, he has every right. You don't have to like his film, you don't even have to see it, but you can't bash it without proof of lies IN the film.

Doctor Ferro [/b][/quote]You're the man, Don Ferro.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 03:24 AM

Quote:

we weren't lied to when we were told we were in danger. look at what happened during 9/11. look at all the innocent people tortured in iraq. listen to fucking saddam boast of his financial sponsorship of suicide bombers in israel. baghdad was for years the home address of abu nidal, then the most-wanted gangster in the world, who had been sentenced to death and had blown up airports in vienna and rome. the iraqi secret police were caught trying to kill our former president bush during his visit to kuwait. now, forget whether george w. should take that personally, (though why should he not?)... but, should you and i not resent any foreign dictatorship that attempts to kill one of our retired chief executives?

should i go on?

you preach that there's no proof the movie is false... yet, what proof do you have it's true? because moore says so? "just because your right wing websites proclaim he's lying, doesn't mean he is." (even though i don't even visit right wing websites, but let's be hypothetical here.) the same can be directed at you -- just because mr. moore claims everything he boasts is true, doesn't mean it is. the clips of video used in moore's movie are out of context -- he uses specific clips to make it fit with the script that aren't necessarily correct.
Kerry and Bush both read from the same intelligence. Correct. Intelligence that was given to Bush by the people he pays to get it. There's not one person on here who wouldn't have voted to go to Iraq if they had read that Iraq had WMDs. I could careless about Saddam being in power. Bush told us that Saddam had WMDs and was going to use them against us. He LIED to us. His administration SCREWED up and WON'T admit it.

Innocent people in Iraq?!?! 20,000 Iraqi civilians have been killed by us! Afgahnistan's people were tortured MUCH more. They had beheadings as Sunday events for Christ's sakes. We're pulling troops OUT of Afgahnistan and putting MORE into Iraq when we have accomplished no goals in Afgahnistan. We don't have Osama.

Donald Rumsfeld MET with Saddam Hussein in 1983. He MET with the guy! He shook his hand. Saudi Arabia and the Bin Laden family invested in George Bush's businesses in Texas!

On September 13th, 2001 when ALL flights were cancelled, the Bush administration and White House both allowed 113 Saudi Arabians, over 2 dozen of which were Bin Laden's family, to leave the US. Yeh, our President sure wants us safe. Hell, he voted for a 33 % DECREASE in pay for soldiers in our military. What a great guy. If he gets 4 more years, we're going to have everyone on this planet against us. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 04:19 AM

Quote:

should i go on?

Though you would never believe these facts, they are 100% true. The facts here are backed up by unbiased news organizations. Just give them a little glance. The Movie Is True.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 04:22 AM

pat, are you illiterate? do you comprehend the logics of reading? or are you just ignorant?

you (supposedly) read posts of mine either stating or implying i do not believe a word michael moore says, then you continue to lambaste me with non-sense half-truths from fahrenheit 9/11 and michael moore himself. what in the statement "i do not believe a word moore says" are you not understanding?

you expect me to retort a non-sense post with dozens of michael moore-spewed lies -- when you, yourself ignored the facts i posted refuting the basis and theory that saddam hussien wasn't a threat to the united states, argued and believed by michael moore, himself.

ferro -- of course when conservatives say that moore lies in his film, we aren't being completely, 100% literal. he exaggerates and relishes in half-truths. for example, the bullshit about bush allowing bin laden family members to leave the country after 9/11. between michael moore's triumph at the cannes film festival and the release of fahrenheit 9/11 in the united states, the 9/11 commission had found richard clarke, bush's former chief of counterterrorism, had come forward to say that he, and he alone, took the responsibility for authorizing those saudi departures. even though clarke is presented in fahrenheit 9/11 as the ethical hero of the entire post-9/11 moment. and it does not seem very likely that, in his open admission about the bin laden family evacuation, clarke is taking a fall for the bush administration.

moore shows you these "truths," but doesn't show you the other half -- which disproves his entire theory. bush didn't gently and eagerly release bin laden members from the united states, rather it wasn't even his error -- it was clarke's. that's another bust for this bloated "key to all mythologies."

that's all. i'm done here. it's like beating a dead horse. maybe i'll check back tomorrow.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 04:29 AM

Hey guys,
Just thought you might want to take a look at this. This is Mike at MSU. I am in the front row, but unable to see because I am right behind the podium. This gives you an idea of where I was.

This was the car driving around in front. Hilarious.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 10:58 AM

Quote:
pat, are you illiterate? do you comprehend the logics of reading? or are you just ignorant?

you (supposedly) read posts of mine either stating or implying i do not believe a word michael moore says, then you continue to lambaste me with non-sense half-truths from fahrenheit 9/11 and michael moore himself. what in the statement "i do not believe a word moore says" are you not understanding?

you expect me to retort a non-sense post with dozens of michael moore-spewed lies -- when you, yourself ignored the facts i posted refuting the basis and theory that saddam hussien wasn't a threat to the united states, argued and believed by michael moore, himself.
An insult. I included a mere 2 facts from Fahrenheit 9/11 in my post. I love it. One proves a conservative wrong and they can't reply with a direct answer because they haven't seen what one of the subjects was. Hahaha.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 04:47 PM

Quote:
An insult. I included a mere 2 facts from Fahrenheit 9/11 in my post. I love it. One proves a conservative wrong and they can't reply with a direct answer because they haven't seen what one of the subjects was. Hahaha.
after totally ignoring some solid facts about saddam being threat to the united states -- which disproves what moore seems to believe so vividly against -- you ignore these facts, and post some more half-truths from someone i had just finished stating i do not believe. moore has no credibility, and i brought up three or four facts where he completely contradicted himself. one has to believe you're either illiterate or ignorant if you completely push that aside and post some more bullshit by him. i didn't sling a child-like insult, like "bitch" or "motherfucker" (which you're known for); i used an adjective that describes a something that you did or didn't do. if you wanna try and label it as an insult to try to make yourself look above me (even though we all know about your insult tirades), then go right ahead. if you wanna ignore the facts and post some more "LOL!!!1" posts, then go right ahead. if you wanna make yourself look more like a fool, go right ahead. but, boy, am i glad people like you aren't allowed to vote yet. :rolleyes:

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 05:06 PM

Quote:
[b]An insult. I included a mere 2 facts from Fahrenheit 9/11 in my post. I love it. One proves a conservative wrong and they can't reply with a direct answer because they haven't seen what one of the subjects was. Hahaha.
after totally ignoring some solid facts about saddam being threat to the united states -- which disproves what moore seems to believe so vividly against -- you ignore these facts, and post some more half-truths from someone i had just finished stating i do not believe. moore has no credibility, and i brought up three or four facts where he completely contradicted himself. one has to believe you're either illiterate or ignorant if you completely push that aside and post some more bullshit by him. i didn't sling a child-like insult, like "bitch" or "motherfucker" (which you're known for); i used an adjective that describes a something that you did or didn't do. if you wanna try and label it as an insult to try to make yourself look above me (even though we all know about your insult tirades), then go right ahead. if you wanna ignore the facts and post some more "LOL!!!1" posts, then go right ahead. if you wanna make yourself look more like a fool, go right ahead. but, boy, am i glad people like you aren't allowed to vote yet. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Saddam a threat to the United States, huh?
Just in the New York Times today, enjoy.

INSPECTOR'S JUDGMENT
U.S. Report Finds Iraqis Eliminated Illicit Arms in 90's
By DOUGLAS JEHL

Published: October 7, 2004

WASHINGTON, Oct. 6 - Iraq had destroyed its illicit weapons stockpiles within months after the Persian Gulf war of 1991, and its ability to produce such weapons had significantly eroded by the time of the American invasion in 2003, the top American inspector for Iraq said in a report made public Wednesday.

Advertisement

The report by the inspector, Charles A. Duelfer, intended to offer a near-final judgment about Iraq and its weapons, said Iraq, while under pressure from the United Nations, had "essentially destroyed'' its illicit weapons ability by the end of 1991, with its last secret factory, a biological weapons plant, eliminated in 1996.

Mr. Duelfer said that even during those years, Saddam Hussein had aimed at "preserving the capability to reconstitute his weapons of mass destruction when sanctions were lifted.'' But he said he had found no evidence of any concerted effort by Iraq to restart the programs.

The findings uphold Iraq's prewar insistence that it did not possess chemical or biological weapons. They also show the enormous distance between the Bush administration's own prewar assertions, based on reports by American intelligence agencies, and what a 15-month inquiry by American investigators found since the war.

Mr. Duelfer said he had concluded that between 1991 and 2003, Mr. Hussein had in effect sacrificed Iraq's illicit weapons to the larger goal of winning an end to United Nations sanctions. But he also argued that Mr. Hussein had used the period to try to exploit avenues opened by the sanctions, especially the oil-for-food program, to lay the groundwork for a plan to resume weapons production if sanctions were lifted.

In addition, the report concluded that Mr. Hussein had deliberately sought to maintain ambiguity about whether it had illicit weapons, mainly as a deterrent to Iran, its rival.

The American inspector presented his conclusions to Congress on Wednesday, including highly charged public testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee.

With Iraq figuring prominently in the last dash toward the presidential election, Democrats argued that the report had undermined the administration's case for war, while the White House and its Republican allies called attention to elements in the report that highlighted potential dangers posed by Mr. Hussein's government.

"There is no doubt that Saddam was a threat to our nation, and there is no doubt that he had W.M.D. capability, and the Duelfer report is very clear on these points,'' said James Wilkinson, a White House deputy national security adviser, using the abbreviation for weapons of mass destruction.

The three-volume report, totaling 918 pages, represented the most authoritative attempt so far to unravel the mystery posed by Iraq between 1991 and 2003, beginning with the point after the Persian Gulf war when Iraq still possessed chemical and biological weapons and an active nuclear-weapons program. The conclusions suggest that the main war aim cited by the White House in March 2003 - to disarm Iraq, which American intelligence agencies said possessed chemical and biological weapons and was reconstituting its nuclear program - was based on an outdated view of Iraq's weapons stockpiles.

At the time of the American invasion, Mr. Duelfer said in the report, Iraq did not possess chemical and biological weapons, was not seeking to reconstitute its nuclear program, and was not making any active effort to gain those abilities. Even if Iraq had sought to restart its weapons programs in 2003, the report said, it could not have produced militarily significant quantities of chemical weapons for at least a year, and it would have required years to produce a nuclear weapon.

"Saddam Hussein ended the nuclear program in 1991 following the gulf war,'' Mr. Duelfer said in the report. It said American inspectors in Iraq had "found no evidence to suggest concerted efforts to restart the program.''

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 06:19 PM

I can't count the number of both Republicans and Liberals who have said "Don't believe anything you hear!" or "The news is biased" yet once it benefits them they start pasting articles everywhere.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 06:22 PM

If you beleive what the NY Times prints then you really are beyond help.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 06:54 PM

Quote:
I can't count the number of both Republicans and Liberals ...
Republicans and Liberals? Are we to assume there are no Liberal Republicans?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 06:57 PM

Republicans, Democrats, and Liberals, whether they are combo or whatever, that wasn't really my point.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 07:29 PM

This is a rather hilarious discussion.

I have not seen Fahrenheit 9/11. Good for me. I refuse to acknowledge Michael Moore's political opinion and put money in his pocket. Congrats. I don't give two shits if the Cannes film festival, the Oscars, and the Emmy's decide to stroke his ego and give him awards up the ass, I will not subject myself to his ideology because it's my right.

---

I like how everyone ignores 'Tony Lombardi's post about the media. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

---

Anyone who takes Michael Moore as a exemplar American is fooling themselves. A patriot? Ha.

He has every right to protest and speak his mind. It's quite obvious a bunch of idiots will follow him. These are the same idiots who want to stop the Patriot Act, but want to keep our nation safe from terrorist. The same people who blame Bush for 9/11, but have sympathy for the culprits and want to know why our military isn't "restraining" them and killing them on site instead. The same people who would rather see their taxes increase because "John Kerry cares about the middle class." I guarentee you Moore doesn't care, he's in a higher tax bracket than any of you.

Neither of our choices in November are spectacular, they are downright pathetic. But I will vote for President Bush, someone who refuses to "pass a global test" in order to protect America.

Did Saddam have WMD's? Apparently not. Oh well. Big whoop.

I'm sure the people murdered in Kuwait really are upset about him being gone for "lies" by American intelligence. I'm sure they want the rape rooms back.

I'm sure John Kerry would have taken unilateral action into Afghanistan...after he went to the UN, copped out to France, asked Germany to play nice, and got down on his knees to Russia to "let him" in.

Last time I checked, Europe has problems of it's own, and little room to talk.

---

Anyways, back to Michael Moore. Kudos for him; he can get up on a podium and talk to a bunch of zealots and say he's an American. Very different if he was in front of a hostile crowd, like at the RNC.

Which also leads me to acknowledge a past event in history, quite similar...while I have not seen Fahrenheit 9/11, there have been many people who dispute the factual basis of the film itself. This seems awfully familiar to Joe McCarthy standing in front of congress, with a roll of paper, and telling the politicians how he had the names of 200-some members of government who were known communists and seditious against the government.

Was he lying? Sure.

Is Moore making a big noise with politically biased facts, and many people are believing him?

Sure.

That's their option, they have the right to.

But I guess I can leave you with this - no one, and I mean no one, should be basing their opinions on this movie. It should be taken for the political propaganda it is. It's like reading a Sean Hannity book...of course you'll agree if you are a conservative, but he's clearly biased (and he'll admit it).

The worst part of all this is the attitude many have taken to the election. "Dump Bush" and get anyone else. Well, "anyone else" isn't much better. The most liberal senator in congress, John Kerry has a 19-year record of raising taxes (and that is factual, and on the books) and will most likely do it again. Bush has ties to the Saudis? Check out the "Big Dig" incident Kerry and Ted Kennedy were involved with back in Massachusets.

John Kerry might do some good things. I don't think he's a bad person. I don't think John Edwards is a bad person. You need to look at the candidates objectively. I don't find everything Bush does to be right (for instance, get the ground troops the fuck out of Iraq and call in air strikes). But President Bush represents what I like on other core issues, whereas Kerry does not.

The heuristics of Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 is nothing more than a simple film that took a liberal perspective on world events, and it was designed to strengthen the resolve of those who already supported his side of the issue.

---

No WMD's in Iraq? I always found that funny. He used chemicals against his own people, and for all matters, even the inspector who today said their were no WMD's admits Saddam was a threat to the US.

I am flabbergasted that Americans can search for reasons to degrade our President, rather that take a look at what he is trying to do. He removed a tyrannical, anti-American dictator in Iraq. Could it have been done better? Sure. I would have sent some British SAS and SOCOM Seal into Baghdad at night and done a little covert-ops and such, before I sent in the forces to clean it up after they captured Saddam.

The loss of American life is unfortunate, and I think it could be averted. That notwithstanding, now people say "well, why aren't we going after N.Korea? Why haven't we caught Bin Laden?" Interesting. How many people here think that if we would go after North Korea, instead of Iraq, the same thing would have resulted, except worse. Be glad Saddam had no WMD's to use. Kim Jung Il is a crazy motherfucker, and before we go onto Korean soil again after 50_ years, we'd better have a damn good plan to get our troops, who are already overtaxed, in and out of there. Better yet, let's have Canada, France and Germany get off their asses and do something.

If this is such a world problem, and a threat with WMD's, why haven't the other nations stood up and done something? Because the United States has been, and always will be, the international fall guy, regardless of the cause.

I'm serious.

If John Kerry believes in the World Community that much, where are they now?

Huh?

And Michael Moore. If Bush is so bad, than vote against him, I'm sure you will. But if he gets re-elected, rather than continue to ridicule his decisions (which I'm sure would give Moore a bit of agita considering his rotund physique), why not hold an audience with Mr. Bush, and tell him what you think any why?

---

Quote:
Michael Moore: "if the hijacked civilians of 9/11 had been black, they would have fought back, unlike the stupid and presumably cowardly white men and women (and children)."
Why, Mike, why? What leads you to believe this?

I guess "Let's Roll" means nothing.

---

Anyways, in conclusion, I'm just glad to see that this whole film has caused such an uproar. Those people who believe Moore, and soley Moore, without bothering to examine the issues. It clearly divides the lines right down the middle.

Who is a complete idiot, and who is not.

Cheers.

---

"Just another lovely member of the World Community."

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 08:12 PM

Beautifully said, DJ. Beautifully said.

Unfortunately, it'll go unacknowledged and unattended (the facts, that is), as they usually are. They'll be either brushed aside, or combatted with some more half-truths from Fahrenheit 9/11 and/or the biased media. Mark my words.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 09:59 PM

Mind-Numbingly posted in a Stupid fashion by JJ:
"Did Saddam have WMD's? Apparently not. Oh well. Big whoop."

I'm sorry, did you say big Whoop? So your saying if a country wants invade another country for one reason, weither it be oil, to free it's citizens, exercise or whatever, and they can't find a reason to do so, they should make blatant lies about the country and say they have WMD and Links to a Terrorist group that killed over 3,000 American lives, and many other false statements to do so? You're logic here is rediculous, if we wanted to INVADE and BOMB/ATTACK all countries that mistreated its citizens, we would have complete world disorder. There are many ways to get a situation resolved, war should be the very last answer. Bush told us before he was elected during the 2000 debates he would never send one American troop into harm's way UNLESS IT WAS ABSOLUTLEY NESSESARY! Iraq has never harmed one single solitary U.S. Citizen and had no weapons and posed no immediate threat, yet we had to RUSH to war? Why, the document released yesterday stated at the time of U.S. attack, Saddam was not a threat, nor had he been since the Gulf War. Yet, instead of doing what this man said and giving the U.N. and the Weapons Inspectors more time, Bush sent over 1,000 American lives to their death, AND COUNTING.

So don't even tell me that this war is justified. Don't you dare say that we had logical reason to invade Iraq. If you are Truely this ignorant, then wonderful, you are in college just like me. Guess what happens when the soldiers in Iraq run out, WHICH THEY ARE. Guess what happens when the U.S. reserves run out, WHICH THEY ARE. Guess what happens when army recruitment is in one of the biggest lows ever, WHICH IT IS! WE GET TO FIGHT THIS WAR IN A DRAFT! I don't know about you but I will NEVER fight in such an unjust war. This war has killed:
US Military Fatalities

Iraqi Civilian Fatalities

Iraqi Military Fatalities

British Fatalities

Italian Fatalities

Polish Fatalities

Spanish Fatalities

Ukranian Fatalities

Bulgarian Fatalities

Canadian Fatalities

Slovak Fatalities

Thai Fatalities

Netherlands Fatalities

Estonian Fatalities

Salvadoran Fatalities

Danish Fatalities

Latvian Fatalities

Hungarian Fatalities

Contractor Fatalies (International - Partial List)

US Military Suicides
32 (24 in Iraq, 9 stateside)

Journalist Fatalities (International)

And all of these people Died because of a "Whoops" according to you? I will not fight in a war that is unjustified. Espessially when the man who Murdered over 3,000 innocent U.S. Civilians is still on the loose planning more attacks. We have a few thousand troops in Afganistan looking for THE MAN WHO ATTACKED US, while we have 133,000 Americans in Iraq now in a country that HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY ATTACKS AGAINST AMERICA!

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/07/04 10:57 PM

You admit to not seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 and refuse to acknowledge his opinion, so why do we have to acknowledge yours when you haven't seen it? A prime example: The other day DV and I were talking about murders in countries and how few there are compared to the US and you brought up the economy. It had absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Regarding Kerry raising taxes: I ask, so what? I certainly HOPE taxes are raised. With the debt and all of the money being spent in Iraq, I WANT taxes raised. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 02:26 PM

I found this news on a website & thought some might be interested in it.

"Michael Moore has vowed to continue offering free noodles and underwear to college students if they vote Democrat in the US Presidential Elections. The Republican Party was furious when they discovered Moore's stunt, urging authorities to prosecute him. Moore - who insists the idea was meant to be satire - hit back, accusing the Republicans of being petty, and now he's promising to continue his campaign. He writes on his website, "My friends, they will not catch me. Though I may be on the run. . . the slackers of America shall not be denied their noodles, they will proudly wear their clean underwear as free Americans. Stay strong, stay slacker, and please remember to turn the underwear inside out every three days. As for the noodles, add boiling water, stir."

Source: IMDB

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 03:00 PM

I find the line

"Did Saddam have WMD's? Apparently not. Oh well. Big whoop." appalling.

It minimizes the deaths of over 1,000 of our soldiers as well as the many thousands more that are horribly crippled.

These young people were sent over there to fight a war based on incorrect information. If we are going to commit troops and risk their lives we have to be sure of the reason. As I have said before, this is not a video game where a soldier get shot and you just replay it until you win. These soldiers are gone and are not coming back. The whole lousy country of Iraq isn't worth one of our soldiers, let alone thousands.

There is a lot of bashing Michael Moore - he's fat - he's a liar - he hates Bush. I'm no Michael Moore fan - I have never seen any of his movies - but I applaud him for bringing and keeping this issue on everyone's mind.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I found this news on a website & thought some might be interested in it.

"Michael Moore has vowed to continue offering free noodles and underwear to college students if they vote Democrat in the US Presidential Elections. The Republican Party was furious when they discovered Moore's stunt, urging authorities to prosecute him. Moore - who insists the idea was meant to be satire - hit back, accusing the Republicans of being petty, and now he's promising to continue his campaign. He writes on his website, "My friends, they will not catch me. Though I may be on the run. . . the slackers of America shall not be denied their noodles, they will proudly wear their clean underwear as free Americans. Stay strong, stay slacker, and please remember to turn the underwear inside out every three days. As for the noodles, add boiling water, stir."

Source: IMDB
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!
If you had taken the time to READ THE DAMN ARTICLE, you would have noticed that he did not give the noodles and underwear out for voting Democrat, HE GAVE THEM OUT IF YOU PLEDGED TO VOTE! I should know, I was THERE! He even stressed this fact when giving out the noodles and underwear that by giving a person these noodles they did not have to vote for Kerry, just Vote. All he asked when giving out the underwear and noodles WAS TO VOTE! The Michigan Rebublican party is so stuck up and afraid of a large voter turnout in Michigan because of two things, Large Number of Youths(Who statistically vote Democrat), and a large number of African Americans, who also vote Democrat. The republican party is just so afraid of these things they wanted to take police and government officials away from real problems plagueing lower Michigan, like drugs and homicide, to arrest a man for giving people noodles and clean underwear in exchange for a pledge to do their civic duty. Please, give me a break Republicans. Are you that despirate?

Needless to say, those government officials in charge of the counties Moore visited, including mine of East Lansing, said, "They would rather spend more time arresting people giving out cocaine over underwear."

Unbelieveable.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
I find the line

It minimizes the deaths of over 1,000 of our soldiers as well as the many thousands more that are horribly crippled.

These young people were sent over there to fight a war based on incorrect information. If we are going to commit troops and risk their lives we have to be sure of the reason. As I have said before, this is not a video game where a soldier get shot and you just replay it until you win. These soldiers are gone and are not coming back. The whole lousy country of Iraq isn't worth one of our soldiers, let alone thousands.

There is a lot of bashing Michael Moore - he's fat - he's a liar - he hates Bush. I'm no Michael Moore fan - I have never seen any of his movies - but I applaud him for bringing and keeping this issue on everyone's mind.
I agree with you 110% Marco, people on this board making these heartless(and thoughtless) comments should go to war and fight the "baddies" then.

COME ON, JJ! If you feel that being lied to by the One Man we are SUPPOSED to trust in making our desicions and protecting us is ok, THEN GO FIGHT! Cause by your CARELESSNESS, you are sending over 100,000 people in harms way for no reason. Why don't you go and fight this war then? If it's so justified.

Read my above post that is 4 posts up in reaction to your stupid comment if you already haven't.

Have fun, send me a postcard.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 04:53 PM

For anyone interested, if you have HBO I read on the tv listings that MM will be on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight. I'm sure he'll discuss his potential arrest for giving out underwear and noodles. :rolleyes:

TIS

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 05:22 PM

Doctor Ferro I wasn't saying anything about Michael Moore in that IMDB article, I was just posting it. I'm a Michael Moore fan & was just relating this article that I found. I never said it did or didn't happen. Why are you getting so angry at me??
Posted By: Blake

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 05:31 PM

Side Question: Have any of you seen any of the Rage Against The Machine videos, directed by mike moore. Those are pretty cool like when they play and shut down wall street. I suggest you download them.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 05:48 PM

Irishman:
I'm very sorry, it's just that with everyone posting these articles around here, I get very edgey and frustrated when I know they are false. I overreacted and am sorry. I just wanted to make sure the real facts where known. Sorry again.

Blake, I heard about these videos and the controversy Mike caused when trying to film them. Do you know the names of the videos he directed?

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 06:06 PM

Quote:
Did Saddam have WMD's? Apparently not. Oh well. Big whoop.

I'm sure the people murdered in Kuwait really are upset about him being gone for "lies" by American intelligence. I'm sure they want the rape rooms back.
Just wanted to post the WHOLE quote, in context, so someone like Don Ferro doesn't take it out of context.

Let's see...Saddam was an evil dictator. Anti-American. Smack dab in the Middle East, and carrying out genocidal acts against his own people. There is a likelihood he is connected to other terrorists; he is violating the UN's Oil-For-Food program and purchasing weapons.

Goodness gracious, he didn't have WMD's! Oh no! I guess we should have left him well enough alone.

Hitler didn't have an WMD's either, but we took him out, eh?

---

Quote:
Regarding Kerry raising taxes: I ask, so what? I certainly HOPE taxes are raised. With the debt and all of the money being spent in Iraq, I WANT taxes raised. -Pat
Considering your taxation is quite minimal as a minor, a part-time employee, and a student/non home-owner, you really shouldn't even be talking.

COME ON, JJ! If you feel that being lied to by the One Man we are SUPPOSED to trust in making our desicions and protecting us is ok, THEN GO FIGHT! Cause by your CARELESSNESS, you are sending over 100,000 people in harms way for no reason. Why don't you go and fight this war then? If it's so justified.

I'm glad you can count. 4. I'm impressed.

Do you think having more posts makes you sound smarter, or something?

C'mon, tell me.

Seriously.

I can't think of any other logical reason.

Oh, and for Mr. Ferro, or "Doctor,"...hmm, must be an honorary degree, because it certainly wasn't earned through academic merit or intelligence by any means.

"I think it was the right decision to disarm saddam hussein and when the president made the decision, I supported him and I support the fact that we did disarm him." -- John Kerry

Strange...

Although you have conveniently ignored my references to Syria and North Korea...coincidence?

By your "logic," and trust me, I use the term quite loosely, we shouldn't have disarmed Saddam. We also shouldn't have stopped Adolph Hitler, and the Nazis...I mean, he didn't have an WMD's, all he did was knock off a few jews...what's a jew, or kurd between freinds? Better yet, let's do nothing, and let our enemies stockpile weapons (conventional or not). Sounds like a way to keep our nation safe, right? Just about as good as Kerry saying how he wants to disarm the United States nukes, and hope the rest of the world will do the same.

And again, since you also seemed to ignore my comment on the UN and the World Community...where are they? I guess they could care less. Or could it be that there were countries involved in the Oil-For-Food scandal? No way! Wait...could it be that they would rather see the US fail...no way!

---

To quote my friend, Rodney Dangerfield, about "Doctor" Ferro...

"This is why tigers eat their young."

Cheers.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 06:35 PM

I'm going to pick this apart piece by piece for you, buddy.

Quote:
[quote] Did Saddam have WMD's? Apparently not. Oh well. Big whoop.

Just wanted to post the WHOLE quote, in context, so someone like Don Ferro doesn't take it out of context.

~~Like I said, which you forgot to mention, if we tried to free or "liberate" every country because the people were being repressed or mistreated, we would be in a hell of a lot countries around the world. I also talked about our clear "jump" to war without a diplomatic solution, or wait, is a diplomatic solution to you attacking a country that was not a threat to us and killing innocent civilians? Maybe you should re-read what I posted before or get reading glasses.

Let's see...Saddam was an evil dictator. Anti-American. Smack dab in the Middle East, and carrying out genocidal acts against his own people. There is a likelihood he is connected to other terrorists;

~~Proof please. I could say he had a likelihood for enjoying salsburry steak but that don't mean it's true.

he is violating the UN's Oil-For-Food program and purchasing weapons.

~~What weapons? Proof please...

Goodness gracious, he didn't have WMD's! Oh no! I guess we should have left him well enough alone.

~~Did I say leave him alone? Uh no, you might want to get those glasses sometimes soon because I said we needed a diplomatic solution. Read what I posted before....

Hitler didn't have an WMD's either, but we took him out, eh?

~~This is just ignorant, we were attacked by an ally of Germany and HITLER WAS ATTACKING ALL OF EUROPE IN A GLOBAL DOMINATION WAR, a little different than what Saddam was doing. WMD didn't exist until we made them and dropped them on Hiroshima and Nakasaki.

---

Quote:
Considering your taxation is quite minimal as a minor, a part-time employee, and a student/non home-owner, you really shouldn't even be talking.

~~He's a citizen of the United States, his opinion is as good as anyones.

[b]COME ON, JJ! If you feel that being lied to by the One Man we are SUPPOSED to trust in making our desicions and protecting us is ok, THEN GO FIGHT! Cause by your CARELESSNESS, you are sending over 100,000 people in harms way for no reason. Why don't you go and fight this war then? If it's so justified.

I'm glad you can count. 4. I'm impressed.

Do you think having more posts makes you sound smarter, or something?

C'mon, tell me.

Seriously.

I can't think of any other logical reason.

~~Wow, a Republican making fun of a liberal. I must be seeing things, this is unpresidented. I just mentioned that the post addressing you was 4 posts above and didn't want to confuse you with a post I had just made.

Oh, and for Mr. Ferro, or "Doctor,"...hmm, must be an honorary degree, because it certainly wasn't earned through academic merit or intelligence by any means.

~~I am studying to become a Doctor and am giving the name a little try. Thanks for the insults. Who was it who said when you insult a person you have nothing else intelligent to say?...

"I think it was the right decision to disarm saddam hussein and when the president made the decision, I supported him and I support the fact that we did disarm him." -- John Kerry

Strange...

Although you have conveniently ignored my references to Syria and North Korea...coincidence?

By your "logic," and trust me, I use the term quite loosely, we shouldn't have disarmed Saddam. We also shouldn't have stopped Adolph Hitler, and the Nazis...I mean, he didn't have an WMD's, all he did was knock off a few jews...what's a jew, or kurd between freinds? Better yet, let's do nothing, and let our enemies stockpile weapons (conventional or not).

~~The report yesterday said Saddam not only was not aquiring weapons, he had none and was losing his ability to aquire any.

Sounds like a way to keep our nation safe, right? Just about as good as Kerry saying how he wants to disarm the United States nukes, and hope the rest of the world will do the same.

~~Again, ignorant.

And again, since you also seemed to ignore my comment on the UN and the World Community...where are they? I guess they could care less. Or could it be that there were countries involved in the Oil-For-Food scandal? No way! Wait...could it be that they would rather see the US fail...no way!

~~No way.

---

To quote my friend, Rodney Dangerfield, about "Doctor" Ferro...

"This is why tigers eat their young."

~~Again, a thoughtless pun. How sad is it when someone has to attack someone without sense like this? Does this last commen really put that last nail in the coffin that "I must be real stupid".

Cheers.
[/b][/quote]Nice try.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 06:58 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Marco:
[b] I find the line

I agree with you 110% Marco, people on this board making these heartless(and thoughtless) comments should go to war and fight the "baddies" then.

Read my above post that is 4 posts up in reaction to your stupid comment if you already haven't.

Doctor Ferro [/b][/quote]I was gonna try to stay out of these threads for a while, but thanks to the less-than-enlightened Doctor Ferro and his obnoxious posts, I figured I had to speak my peace.

For your information DF, I will gladly fight for this cause and Im sure DJ would too. I believe in the cause, and no that cause is not for WMD's, or oil, or because Iraq orchestrated 9/11. You have to open your eyes dude. You have look at the bigger picture. Saddam Husein proved to the world time after time that he was insane in his actions against his people. This man was the dictator of a troubled nation where people werent even close to free. And not only that, but Iraq was and still is serving as a sanctuary to terrorists, and I whole heartedly believe that Iraq provided funding to terrorists. Basically... the middle east is one huge hot spot and it needs to be dealt with. The liberation of Iraq will most definetly bring some stability to the middle east.

If you cant see these facts and realize the cause, then please just keep your mouth shut, because it shows your ignorance.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 07:00 PM

First off, learn how to use the message board. It's rather annoying to have to read through my entire quote with your stuff spliced in.

---

Quote:
Like I said, which you forgot to mention, if we tried to free or "liberate" every country because the people were being repressed or mistreated, we would be in a hell of a lot countries around the world. I also talked about our clear "jump" to war without a diplomatic solution, or wait, is a diplomatic solution to you attacking a country that was not a threat to us and killing innocent civilians? Maybe you should re-read what I posted before or get reading glasses.
Goodness gracious, where is Mr. Kerry's international community? The United Nations?

So let me get this straight - are you saying that it is acceptable for free nations and security council members to sit idly by?

That being said, I like how you talk about innocent civilians.

Last time I checked, the terrorists could give two shits about innocents, as shown by todays attacks in Sinai.

Quote:
Proof please. I could say he had a likelihood for enjoying salsburry steak but that don't mean it's true.
Proof Saddam was killing his own people? I thought that was common sense. As far as being connected to terrorists, you tell me; does an anti-American dictator, located in a hotbed for terrorism, have connections to terrorists? I don't know for sure, but I would bet money on it.

Castro was connected to the Russians during the 'Crisis, wasn't he?

Quote:
Proof please. I could say he had a likelihood for enjoying salsburry steak but that don't mean it's true.
You could pick up todays issue of the NY Times, which shows how the recent report says no WMD's, but the Oil-For-Food program used shady deals with governments, corporations, and officials to amass "$11 Billion" (source: NY Times) in llicit revenue over the past decade, including Russia and France. Hmm...

Quote:
Did I say leave him alone? Uh no, you might want to get those glasses sometimes soon because I said we needed a diplomatic solution. Read what I posted before....
Diplomacy...hmm. Yes. I see now.

Terrorists will be deterred by diplomacy.

Obviously working, considering 9/11, and the Israel-Palestine issue. :rolleyes:

Maybe you live in a fantasy world...but in case you didn't know, the terrorists don't play fair.

Shocking, I know.

Quote:
This is just ignorant, we were attacked by an ally of Germany and HITLER WAS ATTACKING ALL OF EUROPE IN A GLOBAL DOMINATION WAR, a little different than what Saddam was doing. WMD didn't exist until we made them and dropped them on Hiroshima and Nakasaki.
A little different?

Explain to me, or better yet, explain to the Kuwatis and Kurds, and the Jews, how genocide is "different."

WMD's up until that point were large conventional bombs...the bombings of Britain? Pearl Harbor?

I guess comparing one genocidal dictator to another is 'no foul,' silly me, bringing a little history in.

Quote:
He's a citizen of the United States, his opinion is as good as anyones.
Considering I'm a student, I don't have high taxes either (in fact, I got money back last year).

That notwithstanding, he's not forking out the cash, now, is he?

Is he paying his hard earned dollars in to deadend social programs like Social Security?

Sorry, but before you bash Bush and his tax cuts, let's understand something; the richest Americas DO pay the most taxes. Without the rich, we are shit.

Bush's tax cuts were instituted to dissolve ridiculous taxes (marriage penalty) and to reduce the burden on the already overtaxed middle class, those who make the economy go 'round.

Did it increase the defecit? Sure. Less money in the system in taxes.

Quote:
Wow, a Republican making fun of a liberal. I must be seeing things, this is unpresidented. I just mentioned that the post addressing you was 4 posts above and didn't want to confuse you with a post I had just made.
Wow, a rhetorical idea. Did you come up with that one all by yourself?

Quote:
I am studying to become a Doctor and am giving the name a little try. Thanks for the insults. Who was it who said when you insult a person you have nothing else intelligent to say?...
I found it rather farcical that someone would call themselves "Doctor" without even earning the right to be called one.

Call me crazy then.

I guess 4 posts is better than none, right, if they all have no substance.

Quote:
The report yesterday said Saddam not only was not aquiring weapons, he had none and was losing his ability to aquire any.
Read the USA Today and NY Times, todays issues.

Quote:
Again, ignorant.
Ignorant?

Right.

Let's give up all our weapons!

I'm sure they will too!

Kinda like giving a robber your loaded pistol if he promises to leave you alone.

And I'm an idiot? :rolleyes:

Quote:
No way.
Way.

Quote:
Again, a thoughtless pun. How sad is it when someone has to attack someone without sense like this? Does this last commen really put that last nail in the coffin that "I must be real stupid".
Oh boy. You made me feel real bad now. I think I might cry. You're superior debator skills are too hax0r 1337 f0r m3.

Sorry, but I question the intelligence of anyone who buys into Michael Moore's fodder. Simply put.

Regards,
-DJ

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 07:32 PM

Quote:
I don't know what that has to do with anything. If you're someone who cares about your personal wealth and not that of the future of this country, then I can see why you would not want taxes raised. I was talking to my Driver's Ed teacher the other day and he told me that he agreed that taxes needed to be raised too. He's in his 50's AND voted for Bush in 2000. If you honestly care about your whole nation and not just a party of people, then you would want taxes raised.

Quote:

Strange...

By your "logic," and trust me, I use the term quite loosely, we shouldn't have disarmed Saddam. We also shouldn't have stopped Adolph Hitler, and the Nazis...I mean, he didn't have an WMD's, all he did was knock off a few jews...what's a jew, or kurd between freinds? Better yet, let's do nothing, and let our enemies stockpile weapons (conventional or not). Sounds like a way to keep our nation safe, right? Just about as good as Kerry saying how he wants to disarm the United States nukes, and hope the rest of the world will do the same.
This was to Don Ferro, but I'ma take it anyway. John Kerry, like the rest of the United States of America, were lied to by the Bush administration. No one in the right mind would've voted NOT to go into Iraq if we were told Saddam had WMD. I supported the war for crying out loud. Months passed. Nothing. We got Saddam. More months passed. Nothing.

On Kerry's quote, he CLEARLY said, "It was the right decision to DISARM (i.e. find his WMDs) Saddam." What part of that is so bad? This was when the war had just begun. Everyone thought there were WMDs. Bush's administration and intelligence screwed up. I was lied to. Kerry was lied to. The people of the United States were lied to. The world was lied to.

On the comparison to Hitler and Hussein--You have to be kidding me. Hitler was responsible for millions upon millions of deaths. Saddam killed people, I agree with that, but Saddam isn't a terrorist. Saddam didn't attack us on 9/11. We took our attention off of Afghanistan which is the center of terrorism and put our eyes on a Iraq, a country that didn't have terrorists until WE attacked them. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 08:03 PM

Quote:
Irishman:
I'm very sorry, it's just that with everyone posting these articles around here, I get very edgey and frustrated when I know they are false. I overreacted and am sorry. I just wanted to make sure the real facts where known. Sorry again.
Apology accepted. It takes a real man to admit that he was wrong. Don't even worry about it, no harm no foul. I was just thinking, man, I'm on this guys side!

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 08:20 PM

So we have at least 2 people (Raggingbull2003 and Double J) that are going to volunteer for the military?

I don't believe you. I think you are among the many war supporters that sit over here and think the deaths of our soldiers is a justifiable casualty of war and someone else's problem. And before you jump all over me about military service - I did my part. I spent 4 years in the Navy - thankfully Reagan wasn't a cowboy like this president is.

And Double J - the Hitler had no WMDs is a weak statement. First, nuclear weapons were not invented at that time, although he was working to develop them. Secondly, Sarin gas is a Nazi invention.

Hitler was stopped because he aggressively attacked and conquered allies of the United States, Great Britain, and the USSR. Don't even try to equate the invasion of Kuwait with the German agression. Iraq was routed in the Gulf War and was not a threat to anyone as long as the sanctions and the no-fly zone were enforced.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 08:48 PM

I commend you for your military service Don Marco, but I dont appreciate your criticism of what I said. I doubt that I will ever enlist to fight in the war. I have my whole life ahead of me, and I have to worry about starting college. But if there is ever a draft or whatever, I will gladly pick up a gun and fight for my country.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 08:56 PM

Exactly my point - there is a difference between defending your country and fighting in a war based on errors in judgement.

I wholeheartedly support the soldiers - it's the people that sent them there that shouldn't be able to sleep at night for this error.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
[quote]Originally posted by DonFerro55:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Marco:
[b] I find the line

Doctor Ferro [/b][/quote]I was gonna try to stay out of these threads for a while, but thanks to the less-than-enlightened Doctor Ferro and his obnoxious posts, I figured I had to speak my peace.

For your information DF, I will gladly fight for this cause and Im sure DJ would too. I believe in the cause, and no that cause is not for WMD's, or oil, or because Iraq orchestrated 9/11. You have to open your eyes dude. You have look at the bigger picture. Saddam Husein proved to the world time after time that he was insane in his actions against his people. This man was the dictator of a troubled nation where people werent even close to free. And not only that, but Iraq was and still is serving as a sanctuary to terrorists, and I whole heartedly believe that Iraq provided funding to terrorists. Basically... the middle east is one huge hot spot and it needs to be dealt with. The liberation of Iraq will most definetly bring some stability to the middle east.

If you cant see these facts and realize the cause, then please just keep your mouth shut, because it shows your ignorance. [/b][/quote]Here is my first problem to deal with of the night.

Why must America be the one's to deal with the world's problems? Because we are the most powerful? Sure, I'll buy that for now, I have said before, I agree something needed to be done with Iraq. But how many times must I say we went about it the wrong way? I've said it too many times so I'm not going into that again.

So, tell me this, if you would fight in this war, which you believe is justified because of Saddams actions, are you willing to fight in EVERY country that has these problems? If so, then pack for a long trip buddy. There are problems like this accross the world, we as the world power, need to help solve these problems in a peaceful, diplomatic fashion. If you insist that these problems around the world must be fought out with violence, then great, you can go it alone and give new meaning to an Army of One.

Next time, read my other posts before you post an idiotic comment like that.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 09:24 PM

I would be willing to fight for what ever my country asked me to do, because I love this country and I am thankful that I live here and I make sure I remind myself of that every day.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 09:40 PM

Oh boy is this next in line on my "prove they are full of shit" list? Goodie!

I don't know how to pick selected quotes so the bulk is at the end.

Quote:
First off, learn how to use the message board. It's rather annoying to have to read through my entire quote with your stuff spliced in.

---

[quote] Like I said, which you forgot to mention, if we tried to free or "liberate" every country because the people were being repressed or mistreated, we would be in a hell of a lot countries around the world. I also talked about our clear "jump" to war without a diplomatic solution, or wait, is a diplomatic solution to you attacking a country that was not a threat to us and killing innocent civilians? Maybe you should re-read what I posted before or get reading glasses.
Goodness gracious, where is Mr. Kerry's international community? The United Nations?

So let me get this straight - are you saying that it is acceptable for free nations and security council members to sit idly by?

That being said, I like how you talk about innocent civilians.

Last time I checked, the terrorists could give two shits about innocents, as shown by todays attacks in Sinai.

Quote:
Proof Saddam was killing his own people? I thought that was common sense. As far as being connected to terrorists, you tell me; does an anti-American dictator, located in a hotbed for terrorism, have connections to terrorists? I don't know for sure, but I would bet money on it.

Castro was connected to the Russians during the 'Crisis, wasn't he?

Quote:
You could pick up todays issue of the NY Times, which shows how the recent report says no WMD's, but the Oil-For-Food program used shady deals with governments, corporations, and officials to amass "$11 Billion" (source: NY Times) in llicit revenue over the past decade, including Russia and France. Hmm...

Quote:
Did I say leave him alone? Uh no, you might want to get those glasses sometimes soon because I said we needed a diplomatic solution. Read what I posted before....
Diplomacy...hmm. Yes. I see now.

Terrorists will be deterred by diplomacy.

Obviously working, considering 9/11, and the Israel-Palestine issue. :rolleyes:

Maybe you live in a fantasy world...but in case you didn't know, the terrorists don't play fair.

Shocking, I know.

Quote:
This is just ignorant, we were attacked by an ally of Germany and HITLER WAS ATTACKING ALL OF EUROPE IN A GLOBAL DOMINATION WAR, a little different than what Saddam was doing. WMD didn't exist until we made them and dropped them on Hiroshima and Nakasaki.
A little different?

Explain to me, or better yet, explain to the Kuwatis and Kurds, and the Jews, how genocide is "different."

WMD's up until that point were large conventional bombs...the bombings of Britain? Pearl Harbor?

I guess comparing one genocidal dictator to another is 'no foul,' silly me, bringing a little history in.

Quote:
He's a citizen of the United States, his opinion is as good as anyones.
Considering I'm a student, I don't have high taxes either (in fact, I got money back last year).

That notwithstanding, he's not forking out the cash, now, is he?

Is he paying his hard earned dollars in to deadend social programs like Social Security?

Sorry, but before you bash Bush and his tax cuts, let's understand something; the richest Americas DO pay the most taxes. Without the rich, we are shit.

Bush's tax cuts were instituted to dissolve ridiculous taxes (marriage penalty) and to reduce the burden on the already overtaxed middle class, those who make the economy go 'round.

Did it increase the defecit? Sure. Less money in the system in taxes.

Quote:
Wow, a Republican making fun of a liberal. I must be seeing things, this is unpresidented. I just mentioned that the post addressing you was 4 posts above and didn't want to confuse you with a post I had just made.
Wow, a rhetorical idea. Did you come up with that one all by yourself?

Quote:
I am studying to become a Doctor and am giving the name a little try. Thanks for the insults. Who was it who said when you insult a person you have nothing else intelligent to say?...
I found it rather farcical that someone would call themselves "Doctor" without even earning the right to be called one.

Call me crazy then.

I guess 4 posts is better than none, right, if they all have no substance.

Quote:
The report yesterday said Saddam not only was not aquiring weapons, he had none and was losing his ability to aquire any.
Read the USA Today and NY Times, todays issues.

Quote:
Again, ignorant.
Ignorant?

Right.

Let's give up all our weapons!

I'm sure they will too!

Kinda like giving a robber your loaded pistol if he promises to leave you alone.

And I'm an idiot? :rolleyes:

Quote:
No way.
Way.

Quote:
Again, a thoughtless pun. How sad is it when someone has to attack someone without sense like this? Does this last commen really put that last nail in the coffin that "I must be real stupid".
Oh boy. You made me feel real bad now. I think I might cry. You're superior debator skills are too hax0r 1337 f0r m3.

Sorry, but I question the intelligence of anyone who buys into Michael Moore's fodder. Simply put.

Regards,
-DJ
[/quote]You have gone around every single answer I gave.
Just a few problems I want to deal with:
WMD, are you honestly calling bombers dropping small scale bombs WMD? Ha. You mind as well call bows and arrows weapons of mass destruction to because they hurt people also.

Like I said, I want proof Iraq had links to the terrorist groups of 9/11. You bring Castro into this? What the hell does he have to do with this? Two different countries. Two COMPLETELY different situations. The things you bring up in this thread such as Hitler and Castro are so lame, those are all different situations. By the way, we solved our problems with Castro peacefully, with out violence.

I will read the Newspapers today and see about your alleged information but yesterday it said Saddam not only had no WMD but was unable to aquire them. How this story changed so quickly, we will see.

As for the Doctor Thing, GET THE FU*K OVER IT! I'm trying a new title. I will be a doctor, so whats the difference. I've used the title for years now outside of the board and it's been like this on this board for about a year now. Suddenly when I debate you, you have a problem with it.

I never said I was smarter than you or a better debater, so don't accuse me of doing so. I just belive when you post insults at the end of your post's it makes you look rather unconvincing. You seem so despirate to make a jab at me because your rebuttles to my posts lack any substance. I don't fully understand your need to do so, but if you feel you need to say I'm uneducated or "go cry" as you put it, go right ahead.

DOCTOR Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Marco:
So we have at least 2 people (Raggingbull2003 and Double J) that are going to volunteer for the military?

I don't believe you. I think you are among the many war supporters that sit over here and think the deaths of our soldiers is a justifiable casualty of war and someone else's problem. And before you jump all over me about military service - I did my part. I spent 4 years in the Navy - thankfully Reagan wasn't a cowboy like this president is.

And Double J - the Hitler had no WMDs is a weak statement. First, nuclear weapons were not invented at that time, although he was working to develop them. Secondly, Sarin gas is a Nazi invention.

Hitler was stopped because he aggressively attacked and conquered allies of the United States, Great Britain, and the USSR. Don't even try to equate the invasion of Kuwait with the German agression. Iraq was routed in the Gulf War and was not a threat to anyone as long as the sanctions and the no-fly zone were enforced.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Exactly my points, nicely put Marco, and thanks for your service to our country.

Doctor Ferro

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
I would be willing to fight for what ever my country asked me to do, because I love this country and I am thankful that I live here and I make sure I remind myself of that every day.
I love my country as much as you do, I believe America is the best country in the world. But when I believe my country is making huge errors in judgement and exercises it's power too much, I call in my CONSTITUTIONAL right to question and do everything possible to remove that leadership and replace it with a more responsible leader.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: plawrence

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 10:31 PM

I believe that President Bush genuinely believed that there were WMDs in Iraq.

I don't believe that the American people were lied to. We were misinformed. Big difference.

However, given the fact that there were no WMDs in Iraq, doesn't that make the war a mistake?

To put it another way, would we have been justified in invading Iraq if we knew that there were no WMDs?

That would have been wrong, I think, and the American people never would have stood still for a war that had the sole objective of removing a brutal dictator and bringing democracy to a country with no frame of reference for that type of government, and which, in fact, is a form of government that runs counter to the religious beliefs of most of its citizens.

We're there now, and we de-stabilized the country, and I suppose we have to stay at least until they have their elections.

But once they do, unless we hang around to prop of the government, there will be, I predict, some type of coup that will overthrow the elected government, and the same SOBs will be back in power.

So the whole war will have been for nothing.

What I don't understand is why the administration can't just admit it was a mistake?

Why can't you Pro-Bush guys here just admit it was a mistake?
Posted By: Krlea

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 11:11 PM

Plawrence summed it up perfectly. I (surprisingly) agree with about 90% of what he said. The only place where I differ is that I still do not believe the war is a mistake. We had no way of knowing there were no WMD. Every intelligence outfit was telling us they were there and S.H. isin't exactly the most honest dictator. WMD can be incredible small. I know U.S. subs can fit about 24. I've seen them and they are surprisingly small considering how outrageously powerful they are. You can carry one around in a bulldozer.

My point was that Plawrence hit it on the head, all the other posts are beginning to not make sense. And the constant quoting gives me a headache.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/08/04 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Krlea:
Plawrence summed it up perfectly. I (surprisingly) agree with about 90% of what he said. The only place where I differ is that I still do not believe the war is a mistake. We had no way of knowing there were no WMD. Every intelligence outfit was telling us they were there and S.H. isin't exactly the most honest dictator. WMD can be incredible small. I know U.S. subs can fit about 24. I've seen them and they are surprisingly small considering how outrageously powerful they are. You can carry one around in a bulldozer.

My point was that Plawrence hit it on the head, all the other posts are beginning to not make sense. And the constant quoting gives me a headache.
Sorry to quote you and give you a bigger headache, but I need to.

We did have a way to know for sure if Saddam had WMD, the U.N. Weapons Inspectors. They requested more time and we told them that "there was no more time". And as we all found out yesterday, there were, and have been, no weapons in Iraq since the Gulf War. Too bad we didn't just wait a little longer. Do you honestly, any of you, think Iraq would have attacked us when the weapons inspectors were investigating and with the world watching them? I don't even need to say what would have happened to Iraq. We should have given the U.N. and inspectors more time and saved over 60,000 lives.

Doctor Ferro
Posted By: Krlea

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 12:05 AM

I see what you are saying and yes it makes sense, but how many times did Saddam refuse to let the Inspectors investigate? or only allow them to investigate certain areas? That happened countless times. If he had nothing to hide, then why was he restricting the inspectors? Plus how many inspectors were their? Maybe a few dozen? I doubt that many but I remember specifically hearing that it was equivalent to about 10 men inspecting an area the size of texas. My jaw dropped when I heard that.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 01:53 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by raggingbull2003:
[b] I would be willing to fight for what ever my country asked me to do, because I love this country and I am thankful that I live here and I make sure I remind myself of that every day.
I love my country as much as you do, I believe America is the best country in the world. But when I believe my country is making huge errors in judgement and exercises it's power too much, I call in my CONSTITUTIONAL right to question and do everything possible to remove that leadership and replace it with a more responsible leader.

Doctor Ferro [/b][/quote]Just remember why you have those constitutional rights. Its the soldier, not the reporters, poets, or singers that give us our rights. Dont take your rights for granted.
Posted By: Mr. Baggins

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 02:18 AM

Quote:
Go Ahead and question it. That's you right. But until you guys find factual information to document that Michael Moore made False statements in his film, then don't say it's false, ESPECIALLY if you have not seen it
Doctor Ferro [/QB]
Whoo boy, so you want an unbiased apraisal of the lies in Moore's movie? Here you go:

Unfairenheit 9/11 - The lies of Michael Moore.

One of the many problems with the American left, and indeed of the American left, has been its image and self-image as something rather too solemn, mirthless, herbivorous, dull, monochrome, righteous, and boring. How many times, in my old days at The Nation magazine, did I hear wistful and semienvious ruminations? Where was the radical Firing Line show? Who will be our Rush Limbaugh? I used privately to hope that the emphasis, if the comrades ever got around to it, would be on the first of those and not the second. But the meetings themselves were so mind-numbing and lugubrious that I thought the danger of success on either front was infinitely slight.

Nonetheless, it seems that an answer to this long-felt need is finally beginning to emerge. I exempt Al Franken's unintentionally funny Air America network, to which I gave a couple of interviews in its early days. There, one could hear the reassuring noise of collapsing scenery and tripped-over wires and be reminded once again that correct politics and smooth media presentation are not even distant cousins. With Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11, however, an entirely new note has been struck. Here we glimpse a possible fusion between the turgid routines of MoveOn.org and the filmic standards, if not exactly the filmic skills, of Sergei Eisenstein or Leni Riefenstahl.

To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery.

In late 2002, almost a year after the al-Qaida assault on American society, I had an onstage debate with Michael Moore at the Telluride Film Festival. In the course of this exchange, he stated his view that Osama Bin Laden should be considered innocent until proven guilty. This was, he said, the American way. The intervention in Afghanistan, he maintained, had been at least to that extent unjustified. Something—I cannot guess what, since we knew as much then as we do now—has since apparently persuaded Moore that Osama Bin Laden is as guilty as hell. Indeed, Osama is suddenly so guilty and so all-powerful that any other discussion of any other topic is a dangerous "distraction" from the fight against him. I believe that I understand the convenience of this late conversion.

Fahrenheit 9/11 makes the following points about Bin Laden and about Afghanistan, and makes them in this order:

1) The Bin Laden family (if not exactly Osama himself) had a close if convoluted business relationship with the Bush family, through the Carlyle Group.

2) Saudi capital in general is a very large element of foreign investment in the United States.

3) The Unocal company in Texas had been willing to discuss a gas pipeline across Afghanistan with the Taliban, as had other vested interests.

4) The Bush administration sent far too few ground troops to Afghanistan and thus allowed far too many Taliban and al-Qaida members to escape.

5) The Afghan government, in supporting the coalition in Iraq, was purely risible in that its non-army was purely American.

6) The American lives lost in Afghanistan have been wasted. (This I divine from the fact that this supposedly "antiwar" film is dedicated ruefully to all those killed there, as well as in Iraq.)

It must be evident to anyone, despite the rapid-fire way in which Moore's direction eases the audience hastily past the contradictions, that these discrepant scatter shots do not cohere at any point. Either the Saudis run U.S. policy (through family ties or overwhelming economic interest), or they do not. As allies and patrons of the Taliban regime, they either opposed Bush's removal of it, or they did not. (They opposed the removal, all right: They wouldn't even let Tony Blair land his own plane on their soil at the time of the operation.) Either we sent too many troops, or were wrong to send any at all—the latter was Moore's view as late as 2002—or we sent too few. If we were going to make sure no Taliban or al-Qaida forces survived or escaped, we would have had to be more ruthless than I suspect that Mr. Moore is really recommending. And these are simply observations on what is "in" the film. If we turn to the facts that are deliberately left out, we discover that there is an emerging Afghan army, that the country is now a joint NATO responsibility and thus under the protection of the broadest military alliance in history, that it has a new constitution and is preparing against hellish odds to hold a general election, and that at least a million and a half of its former refugees have opted to return. I don't think a pipeline is being constructed yet, not that Afghanistan couldn't do with a pipeline. But a highway from Kabul to Kandahar—an insurance against warlordism and a condition of nation-building—is nearing completion with infinite labor and risk. We also discover that the parties of the Afghan secular left—like the parties of the Iraqi secular left—are strongly in favor of the regime change. But this is not the sort of irony in which Moore chooses to deal.

He prefers leaden sarcasm to irony and, indeed, may not appreciate the distinction. In a long and paranoid (and tedious) section at the opening of the film, he makes heavy innuendoes about the flights that took members of the Bin Laden family out of the country after Sept. 11. I banged on about this myself at the time and wrote a Nation column drawing attention to the groveling Larry King interview with the insufferable Prince Bandar, which Moore excerpts. However, recent developments have not been kind to our Mike. In the interval between Moore's triumph at Cannes and the release of the film in the United States, the 9/11 commission has found nothing to complain of in the timing or arrangement of the flights. And Richard Clarke, Bush's former chief of counterterrorism, has come forward to say that he, and he alone, took the responsibility for authorizing those Saudi departures. This might not matter so much to the ethos of Fahrenheit 9/11, except that—as you might expect—Clarke is presented throughout as the brow-furrowed ethical hero of the entire post-9/11 moment. And it does not seem very likely that, in his open admission about the Bin Laden family evacuation, Clarke is taking a fall, or a spear in the chest, for the Bush administration. So, that's another bust for this windy and bloated cinematic "key to all mythologies."

A film that bases itself on a big lie and a big misrepresentation can only sustain itself by a dizzying succession of smaller falsehoods, beefed up by wilder and (if possible) yet more-contradictory claims. President Bush is accused of taking too many lazy vacations. (What is that about, by the way? Isn't he supposed to be an unceasing planner for future aggressive wars?) But the shot of him "relaxing at Camp David" shows him side by side with Tony Blair. I say "shows," even though this photograph is on-screen so briefly that if you sneeze or blink, you won't recognize the other figure. A meeting with the prime minister of the United Kingdom, or at least with this prime minister, is not a goof-off.

The president is also captured in a well-worn TV news clip, on a golf course, making a boilerplate response to a question on terrorism and then asking the reporters to watch his drive. Well, that's what you get if you catch the president on a golf course. If Eisenhower had done this, as he often did, it would have been presented as calm statesmanship. If Clinton had done it, as he often did, it would have shown his charm. More interesting is the moment where Bush is shown frozen on his chair at the infant school in Florida, looking stunned and useless for seven whole minutes after the news of the second plane on 9/11. Many are those who say that he should have leaped from his stool, adopted a Russell Crowe stance, and gone to work. I could even wish that myself. But if he had done any such thing then (as he did with his "Let's roll" and "dead or alive" remarks a month later), half the Michael Moore community would now be calling him a man who went to war on a hectic, crazed impulse. The other half would be saying what they already say—that he knew the attack was coming, was using it to cement himself in power, and couldn't wait to get on with his coup. This is the line taken by Gore Vidal and by a scandalous recent book that also revives the charge of FDR's collusion over Pearl Harbor. At least Moore's film should put the shameful purveyors of that last theory back in their paranoid box.

But it won't because it encourages their half-baked fantasies in so many other ways. We are introduced to Iraq, "a sovereign nation." (In fact, Iraq's "sovereignty" was heavily qualified by international sanctions, however questionable, which reflected its noncompliance with important U.N. resolutions.) In this peaceable kingdom, according to Moore's flabbergasting choice of film shots, children are flying little kites, shoppers are smiling in the sunshine, and the gentle rhythms of life are undisturbed. Then—wham! From the night sky come the terror weapons of American imperialism. Watching the clips Moore uses, and recalling them well, I can recognize various Saddam palaces and military and police centers getting the treatment. But these sites are not identified as such. In fact, I don't think Al Jazeera would, on a bad day, have transmitted anything so utterly propagandistic. You would also be led to think that the term "civilian casualty" had not even been in the Iraqi vocabulary until March 2003. I remember asking Moore at Telluride if he was or was not a pacifist. He would not give a straight answer then, and he doesn't now, either. I'll just say that the "insurgent" side is presented in this film as justifiably outraged, whereas the 30-year record of Baathist war crimes and repression and aggression is not mentioned once. (Actually, that's not quite right. It is briefly mentioned but only, and smarmily, because of the bad period when Washington preferred Saddam to the likewise unmentioned Ayatollah Khomeini.)

That this—his pro-American moment—was the worst Moore could possibly say of Saddam's depravity is further suggested by some astonishing falsifications. Moore asserts that Iraq under Saddam had never attacked or killed or even threatened (his words) any American. I never quite know whether Moore is as ignorant as he looks, or even if that would be humanly possible. Baghdad was for years the official, undisguised home address of Abu Nidal, then the most-wanted gangster in the world, who had been sentenced to death even by the PLO and had blown up airports in Vienna* and Rome. Baghdad was the safe house for the man whose "operation" murdered Leon Klinghoffer. Saddam boasted publicly of his financial sponsorship of suicide bombers in Israel. (Quite a few Americans of all denominations walk the streets of Jerusalem.) In 1991, a large number of Western hostages were taken by the hideous Iraqi invasion of Kuwait and held in terrible conditions for a long time. After that same invasion was repelled—Saddam having killed quite a few Americans and Egyptians and Syrians and Brits in the meantime and having threatened to kill many more—the Iraqi secret police were caught trying to murder former President Bush during his visit to Kuwait. Never mind whether his son should take that personally. (Though why should he not?) Should you and I not resent any foreign dictatorship that attempts to kill one of our retired chief executives? (President Clinton certainly took it that way: He ordered the destruction by cruise missiles of the Baathist "security" headquarters.) Iraqi forces fired, every day, for 10 years, on the aircraft that patrolled the no-fly zones and staved off further genocide in the north and south of the country. In 1993, a certain Mr. Yasin helped mix the chemicals for the bomb at the World Trade Center and then skipped to Iraq, where he remained a guest of the state until the overthrow of Saddam. In 2001, Saddam's regime was the only one in the region that openly celebrated the attacks on New York and Washington and described them as just the beginning of a larger revenge. Its official media regularly spewed out a stream of anti-Semitic incitement. I think one might describe that as "threatening," even if one was narrow enough to think that anti-Semitism only menaces Jews. And it was after, and not before, the 9/11 attacks that Abu Mussab al-Zarqawi moved from Afghanistan to Baghdad and began to plan his now very open and lethal design for a holy and ethnic civil war. On Dec. 1, 2003, the New York Times reported—and the David Kay report had established—that Saddam had been secretly negotiating with the "Dear Leader" Kim Jong-il in a series of secret meetings in Syria, as late as the spring of 2003, to buy a North Korean missile system, and missile-production system, right off the shelf. (This attempt was not uncovered until after the fall of Baghdad, the coalition's presence having meanwhile put an end to the negotiations.)

Thus, in spite of the film's loaded bias against the work of the mind, you can grasp even while watching it that Michael Moore has just said, in so many words, the one thing that no reflective or informed person can possibly believe: that Saddam Hussein was no problem. No problem at all. Now look again at the facts I have cited above. If these things had been allowed to happen under any other administration, you can be sure that Moore and others would now glibly be accusing the president of ignoring, or of having ignored, some fairly unmistakable "warnings."

The same "let's have it both ways" opportunism infects his treatment of another very serious subject, namely domestic counterterrorist policy. From being accused of overlooking too many warnings—not exactly an original point—the administration is now lavishly taunted for issuing too many. (Would there not have been "fear" if the harbingers of 9/11 had been taken seriously?) We are shown some American civilians who have had absurd encounters with idiotic "security" staff. (Have you ever met anyone who can't tell such a story?) Then we are immediately shown underfunded police departments that don't have the means or the manpower to do any stop-and-search: a power suddenly demanded by Moore on their behalf that we know by definition would at least lead to some ridiculous interrogations. Finally, Moore complains that there isn't enough intrusion and confiscation at airports and says that it is appalling that every air traveler is not forcibly relieved of all matches and lighters. (Cue mood music for sinister influence of Big Tobacco.) So—he wants even more pocket-rummaging by airport officials? Uh, no, not exactly. But by this stage, who's counting? Moore is having it three ways and asserting everything and nothing. Again—simply not serious.

Here's the rest of that article:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Now don't dodge the accusations in the article, refute the statements with facts, if you can .

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
Whoo boy, so you want an unbiased apraisal of the lies in Moore's movie?
Quote:
In late 2002, almost a year after the al-Qaida assault on American society, I had an onstage debate with Michael Moore at the Telluride Film Festival.
Usually people who debate each other have different views. How you say that it's an unbiased article is beyond me. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:05 AM

Obviously the writer disagrees with Moore. However, the author is not right wing, and in fact wrote for The Nation, a liberal source. Notice how he says "where was OUR Rush Limbaugh" (as in the Left's). So nope, he's certainly not conservative.

Now, when will you refute the information raised in the article?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:11 AM

Quote:
Obviously the writer disagrees with Moore.
Then obviously it's not an unbiased article. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:14 AM

You're full of bullshit Pat. The writer is a liberal, just like you, except he is willing to admit that Moore is lying through his teeth. Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post, although that's all you can do really, once you're proven wrong.

Once again, waiting for you to refute the article.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:15 AM

I've used that article as a source for many of my arguments. It's a very, very good article.

Of course, Pat is going to avoid it -- like he usually does.

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Mr. Baggins:
[b] Obviously the writer disagrees with Moore.
Then obviously it's not an unbiased article. -Pat [/b][/quote]So is Michael Moore -- Moore is biased against President Bush. Why should his opinion mean shit then?

Stop making excuses. Try, for once, to refute something contradicting Moore's illogical bullshit without using the "biased" excuse, even though Moore himself is as crooked as a barrel of snakes in the biasism department.

Baggins, we're wasting our breath. Pat will never give a rebuttal to something disproving Moore. Because he can't. When he's proven wrong, he uses transparent excuses, such as just above. He'll wait for Ferro or another board liberal to give a helping hand. And he wonders why people seem to look down on him with political debates. :rolleyes:

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:19 AM

Anthony, you should know that things are only biased if they go against the gospel of Michael Moore. People that agree with Moore are never biased

You know what I find funny in all this, is that Pat has admitted before that Moore lies, but when a new thread comes up about him, he immediately jumps to support him .

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:28 AM

Quote:
If you honestly care about your whole nation and not just a party of people, then you would want taxes raised.
I care about the middle-class, to which my family, and most families, belong to. I care about the economy.

Increasing taxes, for what? Putting more money into Social Security? We won't ever see a dime of that money, and you know it.

Quote:
John Kerry, like the rest of the United States of America, were lied to by the Bush administration.
As Plaw points out, Bush (as I still do) believe that Saddam Hussein had WMD's, or the capability to produce them. I'm not going to sugarcoat the fact that I think he was a genocidal maniac, and needed to be stopped.

But Kerry saw the same intelligence as Bush.

If anything, blame the Clinton-era intelligence cuts, the Toricelli Principle, and other things that contributed to terrorism (such as not taking Osama Bin Laden when we had the chance; for that matter, not removing Saddam in the Gulf War).

Quote:
Saddam isn't a terrorist.
Okay. He's a genocidal maniac. I didn't realize we were so sensitive.

Quote:
Afghanistan which is the center of terrorism and put our eyes on a Iraq
Last time I checked, terrorism is a world problem, not just centered in Afghanistan.

I hope you remember this quote when you talk about why we aren't going after N.Korea or Iran.

Quote:

I don't believe you. I think you are among the many war supporters that sit over here and think the deaths of our soldiers is a justifiable casualty of war and someone else's problem.
Again, like RB said, I don't anticipate participating in any unit of the military until after school, upon which I would seriously consider applying for a job with one of the branches.

As far as my feelings towards the soldiers, anyone who has bothered to read my posts knows I disagree with how we are using our ground troops, and how I believe we need to be using more tactical strikes with out technology, reducing our level of troop deployment.

Quote:
Okay, chemical weapons, not WMD's. Nasty nonetheless, though, wouldn't you agree?

I was not in it to compare the two on merit of war - my point is that if we went by the aforementioned logic, that we cannot remove Saddam because he is a genocidal dictator, yet Hitler was also a genocidal dictator.

Quote:
Iraq was routed in the Gulf War and was not a threat to anyone as long as the sanctions and the no-fly zone were enforced.
As the report yesterday outlines, and as the Oil For Food scandal is proving, Saddam was not obeying sanctions. Why did Saddam keep the inspectors out for so long, if he had nothing to hide?

Quote:
I commend you for your military service Don Marco, but I dont appreciate your criticism of what I said.
I second that. As I've said in the past, I enjoy debating with Don Marco.

Quote:
Why must America be the one's to deal with the world's problems?
Exactly my point, though I know you mean it differently. France, Germany, et al. They refuse to get off their elitist European asses, partly because they are involved in this whole Oil For Food scrum, and also because they hide behind the EU and the UN.

Europe, besides Britain et al, is going to need to accept some responsibility, and soon. Because Russia's recent terrorist activity is an unfortunate sign of things to come, especially if the middle east problems between Israel and Palestine are allowed to boil over further than they already are.

Quote:
So, tell me this, if you would fight in this war, which you believe is justified because of Saddams actions, are you willing to fight in EVERY country that has these problems?
Again, where is the world community that John Kerry says will be the key to restoring America? If this idea doesn't clearly express how, and pardon my french, fucked up Europe is, I don't know what does.

Quote:
WMD, are you honestly calling bombers dropping small scale bombs WMD? Ha. You mind as well call bows and arrows weapons of mass destruction to because they hurt people also.
So you wouldn't call the attack on Pearl Harbor, or 9/11, acts of war?

Quote:
Like I said, I want proof Iraq had links to the terrorist groups of 9/11. You bring Castro into this? What the hell does he have to do with this? Two different countries. Two COMPLETELY different situations.
Did I ever emphatically say that Saddam was connected? No. I did say that I think there is a strong likelihood Saddam has terrorist ties? Of course.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Quote:
By the way, we solved our problems with Castro peacefully, with out violence.
Because Castro knew he would never win in a war against the United States. The United States army was vastly superiour, especially considering the unrest in Cuba at the time.

Quote:
I will read the Newspapers today and see about your alleged information but yesterday it said Saddam not only had no WMD but was unable to aquire them. How this story changed so quickly, we will see.
It's in yesterdays report. The Times and Today outline it.

Quote:
Suddenly when I debate you, you have a problem with it.
I don't go around telling people I'm the fucking Godfather or something. I'm not.

Nicknames are fine. I just thought that it was funny to insinuate that you were a Doctor of something, especially when our opinions contrast so greatly.

Quote:
I just belive when you post insults at the end of your post's it makes you look rather unconvincing. You seem so despirate to make a jab at me because your rebuttles to my posts lack any substance.
My posts are my opinion.

I'm not rationalizing it for anyone. Clearly there are people here who fully agree with what I say.

I don't need to make you look bad; in fact, it's not my intent. I hope to push some sort of sense into this whole entire argument about a film that is basically senseless in it's entirety.

So I will continue with my unabashed and "desperate" rebuttles as long as you continue to stick your opinion out on this board.

Quote:
But when I believe my country is making huge errors in judgement and exercises it's power too much, I call in my CONSTITUTIONAL right to question and do everything possible to remove that leadership and replace it with a more responsible leader.
Calling in John Locke. I commend you.

Quote:
Why can't you Pro-Bush guys here just admit it was a mistake?
Why is it a mistake? Because we removed a genocidal, anti-American dictator?

I think that mistakes have been made tactically, and I won't beat around the "Bush." However, I don't see how trying to keep our nation safe is a mistake.

Why can't liberals admit opposing the Patriot Act is farcical, silly, and essentially making America less safe.

It's like President Bush said about the Lackawanna Six terror cell (which, btw, is about 20 minutes from my house...so...) would not have been captured and stopped if it hadn't been for the tools provided by the Patriot Act.

It was used in the 80's to catch drug dealers and mobsters. Why not terrorists?

Quote:
We did have a way to know for sure if Saddam had WMD, the U.N. Weapons Inspectors. They requested more time and we told them that "there was no more time". And as we all found out yesterday, there were, and have been, no weapons in Iraq since the Gulf War.
Right...those same inspectors that had been mysteriously shut out of Iraq for years...must be very effective.

They requested more time...and intelligence suggested he had weapons.

WMD's? No. The capability to produce WMD's, conventional weapons, and biochem labs and such? Yes, there were.

Quote:
We should have given the U.N. and inspectors more time and saved over 60,000 lives.
As the UN continued to allow it's Oil For Food program to be corrupted and used for illegal and illicit purposes? Including the death of Kuwaitis and Kurds? If this shows how inept, or more appropriately, disfunctional and corrupt the United Nations is, I don't know what does.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:31 AM

Ok--Now both of you (Lombarzo/Baggins) are putting words in my mouth. I never said Moore wasn't biased, Lombarzo. I also never said I wasn't biased. I obviously lean to the left, but I don't like either party. I'm a Liberal Independent. I believe in voting for the right person. I actually wanted Bush to win the election in 2000. Like I said in another thread, I feel Bush handled 9/11 much better then Gore could've.

Moore does lie about some issues. I said it once and I say it here again. How many times do I need to say it? What does that have to do with supporting him? I can't support a man who lies and is arguably the beat documentary maker of my time?

Baggins/Lombarzo--Why is it ok for you two to like Sean Hannity (who is obviously biased), but I can't like Michael Moore? They both lie too. Hell, last night on Hannity and Colmes, Hannity said:
"Kerry has voted to raise taxes 350 times." Tonight, they come on the air and Hannity says, "Kerry has voted to raise taxes 98 times." Just because my opinion on a political issue is different then yours doesn't mean that you can criticize it.

Lombarzo--This is now the 2nd thread that you've said I wouldn't reply. It's getting a tad bit annoying. I reply to anyone with questions, but you're growing very old with your constant posts of, "Pat won't reply." I'm replying, so get over your little hissy fit you're having with yourself. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:34 AM

You still haven't refuted the article I posted.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:39 AM

Quote:
You still haven't refuted the article I posted.
WOW! Just ignore my post. What do you want me to refute? Do you want me to go watch Fahrenheit 9/11 and break down scene by scene? Do you want me to check that article you posted for punctuation and grammar errors? Jesus, kid. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:40 AM

Quote:
Hell, last night on Hannity and Colmes, Hannity said:
"Kerry has voted to raise taxes 350 times." Tonight, they come on the air and Hannity says, "Kerry has voted to raise taxes 98 times."
I'm not refuting anything, I'm just interjecting...

perhaps 350 might refer to other offices held by Kerry, while the 98 refers to his 19 year senate record. I'm not sure of that.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:42 AM

Quote:
[b]Hell, last night on Hannity and Colmes, Hannity said:
"Kerry has voted to raise taxes 350 times." Tonight, they come on the air and Hannity says, "Kerry has voted to raise taxes 98 times."
I'm not refuting anything, I'm just interjecting...

perhaps 350 might refer to other offices held by Kerry, while the 98 refers to his 19 year senate record. I'm not sure of that. [/b][/quote]No, last night he said he had voted to raise taxes 350 times during his 20 years in the Senate. Tonight, all of a sudden, we're down to 98. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:44 AM

Quote:
WOW! Just ignore my post. What do you want me to refute? Do you want me to go watch Fahrenheit 9/11 and break down scene by scene? Do you want me to check that article you posted for punctuation and grammar errors? Jesus, kid. -Pat [/QB]
Actually, all I want you to do is prove that the facts I posted in that article are wrong (without using Michael Moore as your source ). If you can't do that, admit that Fahrenheit 9/11 is entirely based upon lies and misinformation.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:53 AM

Pat -- I replied and said that you wouldn't reply to the article when you HADN'T. "Annoying" or not, the fact is stands; you were avoiding the refute of the article posted, and I called you out on it. And my posts still stand true. You still haven't refuted them.

We all know you're biased, as is Moore -- we never claimed you stated otherwise. What we DID state, though, was that you disprove of anyone who refutes Moore because they're "biased." OBVIOUSLY someone REFUTING Moore is DISAGREEING WITH HIM. What, do you want someone who supports and approves of him to refute him? That's non-sense.

And, again, it's based off your own implications and statements.

Double J -- once again, beautifully done. Hopefully it's actually refuted with some logic and not brushed aside.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 03:56 AM

Quote:
WOW! Just ignore my post. What do you want me to refute? Do you want me to go watch Fahrenheit 9/11 and break down scene by scene? Do you want me to check that article you posted for punctuation and grammar errors? Jesus, kid. -Pat
Actually, all I want you to do is prove that the facts I posted in that article are wrong (without using Michael Moore as your source ). If you can't do that, admit that Fahrenheit 9/11 is entirely based upon lies and misinformation. [/QB][/quote]I never said that the article was wrong. I said that article was made by a man who obviously dislikes Moore and wrote a biased article. In other words, you want me to be a conservative, praise Bush, and agree with your opinion? You have a better chance of seeing God. :p

Fahrenheit 9/11 is going to be remembered until the end of time. The movie is impacting who leads the United States of America. I will not say Fahrenheit 9/11 is "based upon lies," but I will say that people shouldn't just turn to this movie for all their political views. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 04:10 AM

Quote:

Fahrenheit 9/11 is going to be remembered until the end of time. The movie is impacting who leads the United States of America.
I assure you, after this election is over, this film (within 5 years) will be cast into the clearence bins of DVD stores everywhere, alongside Mystic Pizza, Beethoven's 5th, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III, and just about any movie starring Jim Belushi.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 08:39 AM

Quote:
[quote] Why can't you Pro-Bush guys here just admit it was a mistake?
Why is it a mistake? Because we removed a genocidal, anti-American dictator?[/quote]No, because we invaded Iraq based on the assumption that Saddam had WMDs, and he didn't.

You're not suggesting that we remove all of the world's brutal anti-American dictators, are you?

My question, which still hasn't really been answered was (to put it yet another way):

Suppose that the question of WMDs had never come up. Would we have been justified in invading Iraq solely because Saddam was a brutal and anti-American didctator?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 01:15 PM

Quote:
I never said that the article was wrong. I said that article was made by a man who obviously dislikes Moore and wrote a biased article. In other words, you want me to be a conservative, praise Bush, and agree with your opinion? You have a better chance of seeing God. :p

-Pat [/QB]
Pat, as I've said repeatedly, this article was written by a liberal.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

My question, which still hasn't really been answered was (to put it yet another way):

Suppose that the question of WMDs had never come up. Would we have been justified in invading Iraq solely because Saddam was a brutal and anti-American didctator?
Did intelligence show he was a threat to the United States?

Yes.

Is he anti-American, to the point of shooting down our planes?

Yes.

Has he committed genocide?

Yes.

Has he defied UN resolutions and sanctions?

Yes.

Hmm...I'm seeing a pattern of defiance here.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 04:27 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]

Did intelligence show he was a threat to the United States?
[/b][/quote]Bush's intelligence showed he was a threat to the US because he had WMD, yes. No WMD, no threat. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 04:30 PM

Even though it's been brought up countless times: WMD's were not the ONLY reason Saddam was a threat to the United States. Did you read the rest of his post? Or are you ignoring anything that doesn't have to do with WMD's to keep repeating the same redundent answer?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/09/04 04:47 PM

Quote:
Even though it's been brought up countless times: WMD's were not the ONLY reason Saddam was a threat to the United States. Did you read the rest of his post? Or are you ignoring anything that doesn't have to do with WMD's to keep repeating the same redundent answer?
Yes, I read his post, BUT Bush told us that the reason for going into Iraq was STRICTLY for getting Saddam out of power for having WMD. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/10/04 04:28 PM

Intelligence showed he had weapons...the same intelligence given to the President and members of congress...and both approved the use of force.

Why don't you blame congress as well as Bush as long as we're going to be specific as to who led us to war and why.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/10/04 04:31 PM

Quote:
No WMD, no threat.
That's a rather interesting generalization, regardless of whether you apply it to Saddam or any other terrorist.

Does this mean, by that logic, Osama Bin Laden is/was not a threat to the United States?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/10/04 05:14 PM

You know I have heard a couple people comment on that intelligent report saying that the President actually receives a more detailed report than the others. I would be curious to see if that's true and wish I'd have gotten these guys names. I'll check to see if I can find out if that is a fact or not.

Anyway, I'd like to ask for you guys to just take off the "tighty righty" hat (made that up )for a moment, and ask you.....had this all happened on Clinton's watch wouldn't you all be saying that "the buck stops with him????"

TIS

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/11/04 11:11 PM

I think Clinton is responsible because he did not take bin Laden, despite being offered his head 3 times, and refusing it each consecutive time. Also similar to how Bush Sr. is responsible for not removing Saddam in the first Gulf War.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/12/04 02:38 AM

The item below is a popular e-mail spreading like wildfire across the Internet, something for the undecided crowd to think about, especially since they are all true!:

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad

Clinton spends $77 billion on war in Serbia - good
Bush spends $87 billion in Iraq - bad

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists - good
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad

Clinton bombs Chinese Embassy - good
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in flight suit - bad

No mass graves found in Serbia - good
No WMD found in Iraq - bad

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good
Economy on upswing under Bush - bad

Clinton refuses to take custody of bin Laden - good
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad

Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good
Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad

Milosevic not yet convicted - good
Saddam turned over for trial - bad

Ahh, it's so confusing!

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/12/04 02:53 AM

You can't say that! It's the truth!!!

---

Heartily awaits some neurotic Gangster BB liberal pinko who will go item by item on that list with quotes and links to basically prove that the comparisons aren't fair, true, or valid, and that it's still Bush's fault.

:p

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/12/04 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
....especially since they are all true!:
Bush spends $87 billion in Iraq - bad

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good
Not entirely true. The Iraq war has cost $120 billion so far and it will be at $200 billion soon. Also, not counting the $120 billion already spent, we've spent an addition $87 billion just to give more things to our troops.

Terrorist training in Afghanistan began in the Reagan administration when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. The US government, in 1983, trained Al Quaeda and gave them $3 billion to fight off the Soviets. -Pat
Posted By: Anton The Penguin

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 10:18 AM

Man, just came on here after a while and man this is an interesting post.

To start with, I find it really strange that because Saddam or whoever is "anti-American", is one of his cons? I mean seriously, what does American even mean any more. Freedom? Free Speech? Justice? Bullshit. It doesn't have a meaning any more, considering your freedom involves weapons, soldiers, incredible military spending, and a total unacceptance of anyone giving their statement on your country, your free speech is saying that an American man speaking his opinion in an interesting way is fat + anti-American, and your justice is all those things put into a big free package. You can't kid yourself anymore, there are so many things that is wrong with what is going on, go anywhere, politically, environmentally, human rights... your own people have been killed, thousands of others have been killed, in a war in which the main reason was "misinformed." But that doesn't matter, you got the power-hungry dictator who was an anti-American threat. Good for you. There were no WMD but there could have been. And if there were WMD, a man who is so into violence and war would've been fucking dangerous with a nuke or two. It's not like the USA has any nukes, and it's leader sure is peaceful and smart-thinking. I feel just as uneasy with a USA with nukes as an Iraq with nukes, a North Korea with nukes. And that brings me to the environmental side of it. You can say we don't need the forests, the oceans, whatever. But we need a habitat. We really need a habitat, one world, and the fact that there are weapons in existance that can even destroy a city, let alone a continent or whatever, is a pretty scary thing for this. These are weapons made for WAR, for MASS DESTRUCTION. But thank god someone like GWB has those nukes. I'm sure we can rest easy at night, after all, he's not into war at all.

You probably won't see my point here. I mean, I don't particularly like Kerry, but he'd be better than George. I like Ralph Nader, there's a man with free speech and a whole lot of enemies. I mean shit, don't even bother with the anti-American thing anymore, cos the rest of the world is just that.

I'm tired, so I probably wrote some stuff that makes no sense, but yeah there we go.

Seeya.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 02:23 PM

Posted by Anton:
Quote:
You probably won't see my point here.
Nobody cares about your point. YOU ARENT AMERICAN!!!

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 04:00 PM

You don't have to be the smartest guy in the room or even in America to understand that a guy/ country with a nuke is no real problem. That is unless the person with those nukes has shown the world in the past that he can and will use them with his pasted actions.

The dumbest thing in the world is to keep sticking your middle finger up to everyone as he did. Someone just may come a knocking like the USA did and take the moron off his throne.

and by the way. If you think no one can be as bad as the man you have now- Bush. I would not be so sure of that. It is when the fool says that "anything would be better then what we have now" that it seem to get worst. In fact that is almost like asking for the kiss of death.
Murphy's law at its best.
Posted By: Bella Mafia UK

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
Nobody cares about your point. [b]YOU ARENT AMERICAN!!! [/b]
That's not really very fair, Eddie. These are issues that affect everyone on the planet. We don't get a chance to elect the President of the US, but whoever gets the job will still have a massive influence on what goes on in our own countries, and the world in general. I bet a lot of the American people on this board are too young to vote, but they're still entitled to an opinion, because they're affected by the outcome - as are people from countries other than America.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Mafia UK:
[quote]Originally posted by Nice Guy Eddie:
[b] Nobody cares about your point. [b]YOU ARENT AMERICAN!!!
[/b]
That's not really very fair, Eddie. These are issues that affect everyone on the planet. We don't get a chance to elect the President of the US, but whoever gets the job will still have a massive influence on what goes on in our own countries, and the world in general. I bet a lot of the American people on this board are too young to vote, but they're still entitled to an opinion, because they're affected by the outcome - as are people from countries other than America. [/b][/quote]Very well put. America is the most powerful country in the world. Thus, it's leader is the most powerful man in the world. Everybody lives in the world. Catch my drift?

Doctor Ferro

P.S. Glad to have you around Anton. I was hoping a couple of the old faces would start posting again too.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 04:46 PM

Quote:
You don't have to be the smartest guy in the room or even in America to understand that a guy/ country with a nuke is no real problem. That is unless the person with those nukes has shown the world in the past that he can and will use them with his pasted actions.

The dumbest thing in the world is to keep sticking your middle finger up to everyone as he did. Someone just may come a knocking like the USA did and take the moron off his throne.

and by the way. If you think no one can be as bad as the man you have now- Bush. I would not be so sure of that. It is when the fool says that "anything would be better then what we have now" that it seem to get worst. In fact that is almost like asking for the kiss of death.
Murphy's law at its best.
For the last time. Saddam had no weapons. Stop hinting that he did. That's insane because he didn't. It's been proven. Now North Korea could present a problem, one that must be solved Democratically. The End.

Anybody would be better than Bush. I'm for Kerry because of many of his Domestic Policies and his Iraq policies too. Bush is the only President in 72 years, 11 Presidents, to lose jobs. 1.6 Million of them. He's also got the worst deficit in history. Yeah, he's pretty bad. I think a nice, big, fat lobster would be a better President than him. But I'm voting for Kerry because I believe he's better than the Lobster and Bush.

Doctor Ferro

Vote Kerry

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 05:48 PM

Yeah, Yeah Yeah, then why didn't your super hero Kerry stand up and say that they didn't have them. Just don't blame Bush alone, Blame every son of a bitch in the congress and the senate also.

Sure any moron can Monday Quarterback after the fact. Kerry TOO! Maybe Saddam should have worked harder to make the rest of the world feel safe instead of his bold ass moves.

You Vote for whoever you feel may help you and your lifestyle. Other Vote because they think the other guy may be better for them. But cheap shots and false statements have been proven wrong not just by people here on the boards but by experts.

Of cousre we took a hit after 911 in so many ways, but go ahead and Blame BUSH and the rest of the GOVERMENT'S People who work under him and start giving PINK SLIPS ALL THE WAY DOWN.

Yes things happened under his watch and yes the morons will blame the man at the top for everything, Morons usally do blame others, But if you look a little closer, the brush people paint Bush with should also slap some mud on Kerry and a whole lot of others.

OH, By the way Korea was the point that make ME NOT vote for Kerry. You can't trust that madman over there. That is for sure.

You know come to think of it that may be the reason all these piss ant country think that they can spit all over the USA, because we have always talked, talked, talked instead of kicking butt when we should have. They know if you wait us out over here some shitheads will start crying and want us to go home and stay home. Then they come over here and fly a few more planes into us.

NO matter who wins, go out there and get yourself a big Lobster and enjoy yourself, because neither of these guys are going to solve the worlds problems.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 07:30 PM

Quote:
To start with, I find it really strange that because Saddam or whoever is "anti-American", is one of his cons? I mean seriously, what does American even mean any more. Freedom? Free Speech? Justice? Bullshit.
Okay. Show me a place with more opportunity, personal freedoms, and overall quality of living better than America, and give the power to the people.

Second of all...I wonder...would you feel comfortable, personally, Anton, if someone who declares themself your enemy, and has a gun, and is a maniac and mentally unsound is just freely running about. Oh, and he's killing other people while we're waiting.

Quote:
It doesn't have a meaning any more, considering your freedom involves weapons, soldiers, incredible military spending, and a total unacceptance of anyone giving their statement on your country,
I didn't know having an army is "bad," if that is so...Britain, China, et all are all other nasty people.

Rather smart to defend your country by building a military, eh?

Or do you suggest us throwing down all our arms and hoping they leave us alone?

Quote:
and a total unacceptance of anyone giving their statement on your country, your free speech is saying that an American man speaking his opinion in an interesting way is fat + anti-American, and your justice is all those things put into a big free package.
Total unacceptance? We've got socialists, anarchists, catholics, nazi's, jews, muslims, EVERY race, creed, color and nationality of people living freely in America, free to assemble, free to protest, free to live their lives.

Our justice? Yeah, our justice system isn't perfect, far from it. But name something better. The Hague? Yeah. Let me get back up from falling off my chair in laughter.

Quote:
You can't kid yourself anymore, there are so many things that is wrong with what is going on, go anywhere, politically, environmentally, human rights... your own people have been killed, thousands of others have been killed, in a war in which the main reason was "misinformed." But that doesn't matter, you got the power-hungry dictator who was an anti-American threat. Good for you.
I won't kid myself...our President is pushing for cleaner coal and hydrogen cell technology plus he DOESN'T own a lumber company)...so he's anti-environment for pulling out of the politically red-taped Kyoto treated? Oops.

The power hungry dictator was a genocidal maniac.

What has New Zealand, or anybody else for that matter, done to stop that?

What is NZ's record on human rights, Anton?
Bullshit. Where are they in Sudan?

Quote:
It's not like the USA has any nukes, and it's leader sure is peaceful and smart-thinking.
As opposed to who? Putin? Controlling Russia, who LOSES more nukes than it controls.

Name how Bush, who until 9/11, hadn't sent troops into action. Yet, Clinton, who I'm sure you idolize, sent troops to Bosnia, etc. But after all, there was a problem in that area, right?

Where was NZ in Bosnia, anyways?

Quote:
I feel just as uneasy with a USA with nukes as an Iraq with nukes, a North Korea with nukes.
I feel sorry for you then.

Quote:
You can say we don't need the forests, the oceans, whatever. But we need a habitat. We really need a habitat, one world, and the fact that there are weapons in existance that can even destroy a city, let alone a continent or whatever, is a pretty scary thing for this.
And America is bad, why?

Quote:
These are weapons made for WAR, for MASS DESTRUCTION. But thank god someone like GWB has those nukes. I'm sure we can rest easy at night, after all, he's not into war at all.

As long as you're being sarcastic, why not piss on Einstein's grave, since he did split the atom. :rolleyes:

Quote:
I mean, I don't particularly like Kerry, but he'd be better than George.
Explain.

Quote:
I mean shit, don't even bother with the anti-American thing anymore, cos the rest of the world is just that.
Goes to show you how fucked up some parts of the international community is, imho.

Quote:
Now North Korea could present a problem, one that must be solved Democratically.
So explain to me what happens if Kim Jung Il drops a nuke on, oh, say, South Korea?

Should we solve it diplomatically?

Quote:
Anybody would be better than Bush. I'm for Kerry because of many of his Domestic Policies and his Iraq policies too. Bush is the only President in 72 years, 11 Presidents, to lose jobs. 1.6 Million of them. He's also got the worst deficit in history. Yeah, he's pretty bad. I think a nice, big, fat lobster would be a better President than him. But I'm voting for Kerry because I believe he's better than the Lobster and Bush.
Again, I enjoy liberal irresponsibility.

Neither of our candidates are spectacular.

Bush lost jobs.

Woohoo, decline started before he came into office, and then 9/11 happened.

Worst deficit? We're at war...not the whole problem, but still.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 07:40 PM

Quote:
But cheap shots and false statements have been proven wrong not just by people here on the boards but by experts.
You seem to be the one taking cheap shots.

Quote:
Blame every son of a bitch in the congress and the senate also.
Quote:
Sure any moron can Monday Quarterback after the fact. Kerry TOO!
Quote:
the morons will blame the man at the top for everything ...
Quote:
Morons usally do blame others ..
Quote:
... all these piss ant country ..
Quote:
... some shitheads will start crying and want us to go home and stay home.
----

Quote:
neither of these guys are going to solve the worlds problems.
Nobody ever said they would, but keeping Bush certainly isn't going to help. It's time for change. We gave Bush 4 years.

I think it's funny how pro-Bush people blame 9/11 for some of the bad things going on right now. Does anyone remember Pearl Harbor? That certainly didn't make FDR lose 1.6 million jobs and weaken our economy worse then any President ever has. Hell, Pearl Harbor happened while we were still feeling the results of the Great Depression. -Pat

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 07:47 PM

Quote:
Nobody ever said they would, but keeping Bush certainly isn't going to help. It's time for change. We gave Bush 4 years.

I think it's funny how pro-Bush people blame 9/11 for some of the bad things going on right now. Does anyone remember Pearl Harbor? That certainly didn't make FDR lose 1.6 million jobs and weaken our economy worse then any President ever has. Hell, Pearl Harbor happened while we were still feeling the results of the Great Depression. -Pat
Point 1: I thought, according to democrats, we never elected Bush?

Point 2: I wasn't born during Pearl Harbor, but your point it moot (or mute? I can never remember.)

THE NATION WAS ALREADY IN DEPRESSION, JUST LIKE EUROPE. It's kinda hard to lose jobs considering many people were already in poverty and jobless.

Point 3: What happened after Pearl Harbor? FDR went to war, utilizing the jobs created as well as revolutionary social programs to pull the country out of depression.

What happened after 9/11? Bush went to war, cut taxes to promote jobs, passed legislation to improve education, and has pulled the country out of recession.

Bad Bush, bad!

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 07:59 PM

Quote:
Point 1: I thought, according to democrats, we never elected Bush?
Considering I'm not a Democrat, I don't know what point that comment serves.

Quote:
Point 2: I wasn't born during Pearl Harbor, but your point it moot (or mute? I can never remember.)
It's probably mute because I was replying to FS, not you.

Quote:
Point 3: What happened after Pearl Harbor? FDR went to war, utilizing the jobs created as well as revolutionary social programs to pull the country out of depression.
FDR went into a war that had only 4 years left. FDR went into a war already well under way. FDR went into a war that we had every right to go into. What programs has Bush made?

Quote:
What happened after 9/11? Bush went to war, cut taxes to promote jobs, passed legislation to improve education, and has pulled the country out of recession.
Let me make it more clear to you on what happened after 9/11. Bush contradicted his whole administration and said Saddam was a threat after they had all said he wasn't. Bush cut taxes to give his buddies more money. Hell, he extended the tax cut the other day for people making more then $200,000. He has pulled the country out of recession?! 1.6 million jobs lost. Jobs in America are being lost and given to people overseas who are paid 1/4 of the salary a worker in America would make. He has the largest deficit in history. If this is getting us out of a recession, I'd hate to see what getting into a recession would be like. -Pat
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 08:01 PM

Patrick if you are not a democrat then what are you?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 08:04 PM

Hey Pat, So you think those are cheap shots hu? shots against who by the way?

I'll tell you what. Lets the two of us make a deal right now, right this min. If Kerry wins I will leave this board forever and not post again.
If Bush wins you take your sorry ass out of here and never post again. And I don't mean under another sorry ass name either. How about it?

Put up or shut up. Let us make this election REALLY mean something.
What do you say? MOORE Enough? sorry I mean Man enough.

(sorry I don't want you to start crying that we are giving you shit about your favorite Mascot)

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Patrick if you are not a democrat then what are you?
Liberal Independent

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 08:20 PM

Quote:
Hey Pat, So you think those are cheap shots hu?
Yes.

Quote:
I'll tell you what. Lets the two of us make a deal right now, right this min. If Kerry wins I will leave this board forever and not post again. If Bush wins you take your sorry ass out of here and never post again. And I don't mean under another sorry ass name either. How about it?
What is wrong with you? Seriously? That's so childish. Neither one of us are leaving these boards.

Quote:
Put up or shut up. Let us make this election REALLY mean something.
What do you say? MOORE Enough? sorry I mean Man enough.

(sorry I don't want you to start crying that we are giving you shit about your favorite Mascot)
Unbelievable.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 08:27 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] Patrick if you are not a democrat then what are you?
Liberal Independent [/b][/quote]Wasn't it only a few months ago your title read "Liberal Democrat"?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 08:35 PM

Quote:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] Patrick if you are not a democrat then what are you?
Liberal Independent [/b][/quote]Wasn't it only a few months ago your title read "Liberal Democrat"? [/b][/quote]A few months ago. Why yes, yes it was.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 09:14 PM

Just like your mascot you don't answer or cut the question down. Cheap shot against who?

YOU can't wipe the challenge away that easy.
and if you don't put up, then shut up!
The bet still stands. Man to man. I mean what I say, how about you?

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 09:49 PM

FS--Stop being such a drama queen. You said morons. What do you mean a cheap shot against who? You're referring to people who don't agree with you political status as morons. -Pat
Posted By: SC

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 10:12 PM

Quote:
FS--Stop being such a drama queen.
FS being overly dramatic?? Impossible. :p

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/14/04 10:20 PM

Quote:
FS--Stop being such a drama queen. You said morons. What do you mean a cheap shot against who? You're referring to people who don't agree with you political status as morons. -Pat
No, that is were you show your small, narrow mind. The only drama queen is you, Your self proclaim titles and your choice of advatars.

There are many people who have different views and I would not call them a morons for that reason. It is you, who thinks that those with the opposite views must be called morons.

Then there are the true Morons. I am starting to understand which group you seem to think that you fit into.
You flap your gums but will not take my proposal.

I have caught myself doing what I said I would not do. Wasting my time talking with someone who whines like a child, And can't put up and will not shut up. I will do the next best thing and ignore you.

Re: I Saw Michael Moore! - 10/15/04 04:08 AM

Quote:
[quote] Point 1: I thought, according to democrats, we never elected Bush?
Considering I'm not a Democrat, I don't know what point that comment serves.

Quote:
It's probably mute because I was replying to FS, not you.

Quote:
FDR went into a war that had only 4 years left. FDR went into a war already well under way. FDR went into a war that we had every right to go into. What programs has Bush made?

Quote:
Let me make it more clear to you on what happened after 9/11. Bush contradicted his whole administration and said Saddam was a threat after they had all said he wasn't. Bush cut taxes to give his buddies more money. Hell, he extended the tax cut the other day for people making more then $200,000. He has pulled the country out of recession?! 1.6 million jobs lost. Jobs in America are being lost and given to people overseas who are paid 1/4 of the salary a worker in America would make. He has the largest deficit in history. If this is getting us out of a recession, I'd hate to see what getting into a recession would be like. -Pat
[/quote]Point 1: I thought all Bush haters claimed he was never elected in the first place, and they should "re-defeat him" in 2004?

Point 2: It doesn't matter who the point is directed to.

Point 3: 4 years left? Where did you conjure that number up? The war was well under way, and the free world was losing, in part because they stood up to Hitler too little, too late.

FDR had every right to go into war? Why? According to some intelligence, he "knew" PH was going to be attacked. He misled us into war!?!

Quote:
What programs has Bush made?
Subpoint #1: Dept. of Homeland Security & Patriot Act.

Point #4: Duh! What should we have done after 9/11? Just sat back and said, "boy, they really don't like us much. Maybe we should be extra special nice to them."

Quote:
Bush contradicted his whole administration and said Saddam was a threat after they had all said he wasn't.
Who said he wasn't a threat?

Quote:
Bush cut taxes to give his buddies more money.
Yeah. Since we all know cutting taxes DOESN'T promote an economy.

Quote:
1.6 million jobs lost. Jobs in America are being lost and given to people overseas who are paid 1/4 of the salary a worker in America would make.
And Bush is to blame for what? That people are scared to fly on airplanes, and the airlines are in the shitter? That the tech-bubble burst? That the country was already declining in 2000 before he took office? That we suffered the worst terrorist attack in US history?

I forgot. Despite all this, he should have had record economic growth. Damn, liberals...err, excuse me, independants...are so smart.

Quote:
He has the largest deficit in history.
This is true, but 9/11, and the Iraq War, contribute greatly.

Quote:
I'd hate to see what getting into a recession would be like.
See the end of the Clinton Administration, circa 2000.

Search also: Tech Bubble Burst, Clinton refuses Osama, and Clinton acknowledges Saddam is a threat.

Quote:
Bush cut taxes to give his buddies more money.
Subpoint #2: His buddies? What? Halliburton? Yes, they are a defense contractor. And you would doubt that Cheney, the former CEO, would show preference in dealing contracts out to them?

I'd like to see what other "buddies" you come up with. Maybe the guys who cut down the forests for GWB's lumber company???
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET