Posted By: SC

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 08:44 AM

They're both from Cuba.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 11:23 AM

Smoke cigars
Posted By: angiez23

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 05:14 PM

They´re both share spanish like their native language.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 05:28 PM

They both know how to handle a machine gun
Posted By: angiez23

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 05:45 PM

They´re both were in the army in cuba.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 07:17 PM

They're both idols, Montana in a negative way and Castro in a positive.

Che and Fidel
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 07:27 PM

I think Pat has finally gone off the deep end, he now idolizes Communists. Kerry and Moore are bad enough but come on Pat you cant be serious?? :rolleyes:

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 07:34 PM

A lot of people like Che and Fidel...including people on these boards. There's actually a fad at my school right now where all people (white, black, Spanish) are wearing Che shirts. -Pat
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 07:45 PM

Those are the same posers who wear Von Dutch stuff and dont even know who he was or what he was all about.

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 07:48 PM

Ok. I was just using that as a small point. Fidel and Che are revolutionary heroes.
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Ok. I was just using that as a small point. Fidel and Che are revolutionary heroes.
Patrick, if you are interested in Che Guevara, I recommend you see if "The Motorcycle Diaries" is playing near you. It is an amazing film of the 1952 motorcycle trip that inspired Guevara to become a revolutionist. It is easily the best film I have seen all year.

The Motorcycle Diaries

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 08:39 PM

Che (2005) also sounds like it's going to be good too. It's in English though.
Posted By: Omar Suarez

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/04/04 09:11 PM

Quote:
Che (2005) also sounds like it's going to be good too. It's in English though.
Yes, I am also looking forward to "Che". Even though it is in English, there are a lot of famous people working on the film.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 03:19 AM

Quote:
Fidel and Che are revolutionary heroes.
Heroes to who?
Posted By: DonsAdvisor

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 04:24 AM

They both spent time in a Cuban jail, and they were both freed by the dictator of the Cuba.

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b]Fidel and Che are revolutionary heroes.
Heroes to who? [/b][/quote]To everyone that is Cuban and respects what they did. I find it amazing how many Cubans in American don't want the embargo lifted. Hopefully John Kerry will change that when he takes office in November. -Pat
Posted By: SC

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 11:07 AM

Quote:
Fidel and Che are revolutionary heroes.
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddie C.:
Heroes to who?
Quote:
To everyone that is Cuban...

There are a lot of Cubans around here that would like to see Fidel hung by his beard.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 12:26 PM

They are both named after US states...except Castro.
Posted By: scarfacelondon

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 07:27 PM

Both of them aimed high in their life, and they both achieved it.

I think both of them also believed in individualism thatthey were better than the rest of the people.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/05/04 07:35 PM

Quote:
I find it amazing how many Cubans in American don't want the embargo lifted.
Too many people forget that Cuba is still communist, and they forget the Cuban Missile Crisis.

When Fidel dies, then we can lift the embargo.

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/06/04 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I find it amazing how many Cubans in American don't want the embargo lifted.
Too many people forget that Cuba is still communist, and they forget the Cuban Missile Crisis.

When Fidel dies, then we can lift the embargo. [/b][/quote]Ok, so they're communists? If it wasn't for communists (Stalin/USSR), we wouldn't have won World War II. Also, when Fidel dies, his brother will take over. -Pat
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/06/04 05:02 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Double-J:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b] I find it amazing how many Cubans in American don't want the embargo lifted.

When Fidel dies, then we can lift the embargo. [/b][/quote]Ok, so they're communists? If it wasn't for communists (Stalin/USSR), we wouldn't have won World War II. Also, when Fidel dies, his brother will take over. -Pat [/b][/quote]Yes, they are communist, something that clashes with our ideals. Yes, we trade with China, but China isn't even communist anymore, they are just about as mixed as anybody in some cases.

You're giving the USSR a little too much credit as far as winning World War II. I won't deny they were strong allies, but they were also a tyrannical power.

And like I said, Fidel is the problem. He is the last of an old regime; he is anti-American, and until he decides to kick off, America will not (and should not) deal with Cuba.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/06/04 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
we trade with China, but China isn't even communist anymore, they are just about as mixed as anybody in some cases.
That'll be news to the Chinese.

"Mixed", huh? Notice any democracy in the mixture?

Quote:
You're giving the USSR a little too much credit as far as winning World War II. I won't deny they were strong allies, but they were also a tyrannical power.
The fact that they were a tyrannical power has nothing to do with the fact that while we may have eventually won WW II without them, it sure was a helluva lot easier with them.

I don't have the stats, but I can tell you for sure that a lot more Russans died fighting half the German Army on the Eastern front than Americans died in Western Europe and the South Pacific.

Some military historians say that we don't give the Russians enough credit.

Yeah, sure, we represented two completely different idealogies fighting an enemy common to both, but that really has nothing to do with them helping us win.

I fail to see how the fact that they were a tyrannical power (which they absolutely were) means that Pat was giving them too much credit for their aid in winning. It was every bit as much their war as it was ours. They could say the same thing about our help.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Similarities between Tony Montana and Fidel Castro - 10/06/04 05:30 PM

One of the key events in the winning of WW2 was forcing the Germans to fight a 2 front war and stretching their resources so thin. The Germans were not prepared to fight a long, drawn out campaign in Russia. The battle for Stalingrad, lasting nearly 3 years, forced the Germans into a defensive posture.

It would have taken many more years to reach Berlin if the Germans would have been able to pack their defenses along the western front.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET