Home

New York eateries

Posted By: dixiemafia

New York eateries - 08/03/18 03:56 PM

Anybody know of any good Italian joints within walking distance near Penn Station? TIA
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: New York eateries - 08/03/18 04:50 PM

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=italian&find_near=penn-station-new-york-4
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: New York eateries - 08/03/18 08:09 PM

I go to this place often, it really good , glad to see it on that Great Yelp list Turnbull posted.

There is another place on 33rd right across from Penn that is fantastic, I will look it up, they shut down for Billy Joel and his family / crew when he performs at Garden.

19. Zero Otto Nove
4.0 star rating 408 reviews
$$ Italian, Pizza
0.6 Miles
Phone number
(212) 242-0899
15 W 21st St
Flatiron
“There are few places that do italian food right and we were pleasantly charmed by this place. We walk into this big hall like space with beautiful wall murals…” read more

Re: New York eateries - 08/03/18 10:59 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: New York eateries - 08/04/18 04:39 PM

I had pasta with vodka sauce. I can't remember the place. Probably either the best or second best pasta I ever had. The best, perhaps, in Rome.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: New York eateries - 08/06/18 12:55 PM

There are a few. One I recommend is Mercato on 39th street. Another one I recommend is L'Amico on 6th Ave, next to 31st street or the next street down heading south, we stopped on the subway on the 28th street stop, heading north, nope we crossed two so it is right next to 30th street crossing. Those are two closes, but if you mean right next to Penn Station, then go with DP recommendations.
Posted By: hoodlum

Re: New York eateries - 08/06/18 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
I had pasta with vodka sauce. I can't remember the place. Probably either the best or second best pasta I ever had. The best, perhaps, in Rome.

Moe...I hope that wasn't a revelation 4 u....that dish is from the 1980's..I personally find it revolting..why ruin a (hopefully) good tomato sauce w/ turpentine???
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: New York eateries - 10/29/18 03:07 AM

From Turnbull’s Yelp list...

+1 for Tavola!

+1 for Trattoria Casa Di Isacco with Italian Elvis 🕺!

I know I’m a couple months late to the party on this, but it’s worth a bump for anyone visiting that neighborhood. I’ve been to a couple of others on the list but most recently to both of these...recently being last year just after Thanksgiving. Of course, restaurants are born and die in less time than that in New York!

tony b.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: New York eateries - 10/29/18 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Moe...I hope that wasn't a revelation 4 u....that dish is from the 1980's..I personally find it revolting..why ruin a (hopefully) good tomato sauce w/ turpentine???

Remember this, a la vodka...... LoL

Originally Posted by YoTonyB
From Turnbull’s Yelp list...

+1 for Tavola!

+1 for Trattoria Casa Di Isacco with Italian Elvis 🕺!

I know I’m a couple months late to the party on this, but it’s worth a bump for anyone visiting that neighborhood. I’ve been to a couple of others on the list but most recently to both of these...recently being last year just after Thanksgiving. Of course, restaurants are born and die in less time than that in New York!

tony b.

AND?

Re: New York eateries - 10/29/18 11:31 AM

Thanks! Keep them coming, with winter coming I'm pretty sure I'll be in the area soon! We were coming up that way last Thursday before they called and turned us around in Virginia since they realized that storm was going to be a bust.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET