Home

Doctor physical question

Posted By: Primo

Doctor physical question - 06/19/18 06:03 AM

This might be dumb to ask. I wondering if I can request a physical exam at my doctors office with a diffrent doctor than my normal family one. I'd just rather have a female doctor do it than a male. Or do they make you book with your family doctor ?Lol my work is making me get one
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Doctor physical question - 06/19/18 02:33 PM

Is your doctor black by any chance?

My doctor is Asian so I don't have this problem.
Posted By: DuesPaid

Re: Doctor physical question - 06/19/18 05:59 PM

Most if not every "Family" practice will have both a male and female Doctor on staff for this very reason.

You should always speak up about any questions ,concerns or requests without reserve or hesitation.

You or someone is paying a lot of money for health care and it should be done to your fullest advantage.

GL Primo
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Doctor physical question - 06/20/18 07:59 PM

Often it depends on two factors. Your health insurance plan (if you have one) may require you to stick with the dr. you signed up with. Or, the practice may have a rule that says you can't switch drs. under their roof.

I always use women drs. Women as a gender are better listeners than men. I don't see how a dr. can make a good diagnosis if they're not a good listener. AMA did a study years ago that found that most male drs. will listen to a patient for less than 10 seconds.
Posted By: fergie

Re: Doctor physical question - 06/22/18 12:37 AM

Very good thread, I hope we ask when we should
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET