Home

Johnny Ramone RIP

Posted By: Senza Mama

Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 09:05 AM

John Cummings (Johnny Ramone) 8 Oct 1948 - 15 Sept 2004 - RIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/3661434.stm
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 03:10 PM

RIP johnny, i found out today at about lunch time on http://www.nme.com.
He reallys was a great musician.
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 03:30 PM

Just a few months ago, Johnny's wife said the stories about his prostate cancer were greatly exaggerated and he was doing fine.

I can't fucking believe this...
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 03:42 PM

To be honest, I know of the Ramones, but only by name, and I know Lombardi and a few others have mentioned them here on the BB. I can't honestly say I know any of their music. Let me ask, where they more popular on the East Coast??? I lived in Michigan during their heyday, and especially around that time, I was into music, but like I said, the name was always familiar, but I don't know any of their music really??? What was their biggest hit??

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 04:16 PM

Gosh, The Ramones were FUN! Rock n Roll High School, I Want to be Sedated, Sheena is a Punk Rocker. I remember we used to go to this little club and dance all night, and their songs were always so much fun to dance to.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 04:34 PM

i remember the I Wanna be sedated days. . .
RIP Johnny.

GoodFella
Posted By: bogey

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 11:07 PM

The Ramones are one of my favorite bands.. That's crazy. I heard he had cancer, but I didn't think it was that bad..

RIP Johnny.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/16/04 11:27 PM

RIP Mang! My grade 8 consisted of me drumming to alot of their songs.
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/17/04 02:34 AM

Rest In Peace, Johnny Ramone.

The Ramones are one of my favorite bands of all time and it is definitely a loss to the music world to see Johnny Ramone go.

Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/17/04 05:09 AM

TIS, surely you remember the movie Rock & Roll High School starring a younger P.J. Soles as Riff Randell, Rock and Roller. Much of the plot revolved around getting the Ramones to perform at the school.

The Ramones took the anger of the Sex Pistols and turned it into a rave for the '70's. Power chords with a New York attitude.

They were to the east coast what Iggy Pop was to Detroit.

tony b.
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/17/04 08:40 AM

TIs, the Ramones were one of the great bands of the 70's. They were very popular in the UK & Ireland. "Blitzkrieg Bop" was the first "punk" song I ever heard, probably late 1975. They sort of followed the New York Dolls as pioneers of high tempo, 3 minute pop classics. The Ramones were characterised by the technical simplicity of their songs (i.e. why use four chords when three will do!). I remember going to see them in Belfast in 1978 and it was in the paper the next day that they performed 17 songs in 32 minutes!! None of this "you're the best audience in the world" crap. When they finished one song Joey would immediately shout "1-2-3-4!!!" and they started the next one. Great stuff. Some of their best known songs were: Suzy Is A Headbanger, Cretin Hop, You Don't Come Close, Gimme Gimme Shock Treatment, Sheena is a Punk Rocker, Pinhead, The KKK Took My Baby Away. As the old saying goes, they definitely don't write them like that anymore!!
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/17/04 04:17 PM

I just can't believe this shit our idols are dying... TIS, I'm sure you'll know many Ramones' songs when you listen them.

well, one of the sadest things in my life is that I was never able to watch a Ramones' concert. the closest I got to that was when I watched Marky Ramone and The Intruders and they played 3 ramones songs. those were six of the best minutes of my life. I got a Marky's autograph on my Greatest Hits Live CD that makes me happy everytime I remember it. anyway, I just love the Ramones, they are definitely my favorite band, I have about 20 CD's of them here and now I'll listen all of them to remember Johnny.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/18/04 06:10 PM

Damn people are dropping like flys.
RIP Johnny
Posted By: Luca's boy

Re: Johnny Ramone RIP - 09/18/04 11:26 PM

Rest in peace Johnny
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET