Home

Greetings from Chicago!

Posted By: J Geoff

Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 07:19 PM

lI made it!

What a trip! Actually, not nearly as bad as I thought I'd be -- about 14 hrs (9 yesterday, in a terrible rain storm the entire time) and 5 today.

I got into my room a little while ago and am access the Net via the TV and a wireless keyboard (pain in the ass - so please excuse any typos).

I got a call from SC -- his plane has landed safely and I'll see him and Lori soon. I can't wait to use his laptop rather than this thing -- gotta get my fantasy picks in. If he didn't bring i, expect a daily call from me, PL - LOL

Weather is beautiful -- righ, DB

I'll check in again when I can. Just wanted y'all to know that SC, L and I made it
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 07:23 PM

Hey! Glad you made it okay... 14 hours??? Did you drive, or did you make a stop in London?
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 10:18 PM

Good to hear you made it there okay. We want to see pix of that convention. So please take a lot. Specially a goofy picture of SC. Ya'll take care and have fun.
Posted By: SC

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 10:30 PM

TIS is here, safely, also. Geoff and she are heading down to the lounge (read LOTS OF BOOZE).
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 10:34 PM

Don Geoff,

Glad to hear that you made it there ok! I actually thought of you regarding the downpour, and I am glad that you did not get into any trouble with the rain.

Next time, have Paulie bring the car around for you, he's a good kid!

Can you find out if SC or TIS has set up a dinner for Friday evening and let me know sometime tonight ( if you see this message before tomorrow ) ? I will hook up with you tommorrow. Cya soon!

Don Cardi
Posted By: plawrence

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:

I got into my room a little while ago and am access the Net via the TV and a wireless keyboard (pain in the ass - so please excuse any typos).

I got a call from SC -- I can't wait to use his laptop rather than this thing -- gotta get my fantasy picks in. If he didn't bring i, expect a daily call from me, PL - LOL

I tried using one of those stoopida fockin' things at the Borgata in A.C. Absolutely impossible to make fantasy picks with it, much less type a simple message.

If you need me, my Don, command me. I am at your service.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/09/04 11:03 PM

Welcome to Chi-town, Pork! Glad you made it safely.

In my best Vincent, "My town!"

Quote:
I got a call from SC -- his plane has landed safely and I'll see him and Lori soon. I can't wait to use his laptop rather than this thing -- gotta get my fantasy picks in. If he didn't bring i, expect a daily call from me, PL - LOL
If everyone somehow ends up at my place, you can use my internet if you're having problems.

Quote:
Weather is beautiful -- righ, DB
I set it up, just for you guys!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 01:11 AM

Excellent! We're sitting at the lounge RIGHT NOW with SC's laptop and wireless connection. Doesn't get much better than this

Will be on the side until I make my fantasy picks with martini in hand

(This is JG, by the way... forgot to sign in. And only my first drink )

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 01:30 AM

SC,

Make sure that you keep a seat warm for me at the Bar! Tell the bartender to set me up with a Crown Royal & 7 Up, and an ashtray. But please, make sure that no one comes up behind me with a garrot and a message from Michael Corleone! I'll buy the next round as soon as I arrive!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 02:15 AM

DC -I'll save a (warm) seat for ya.....of course it may be plugged in. :p

The four of us are sitting in the lounge anticipating whats gonna happen here starting tomorrow (and of course seeing all our buds).

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 02:39 AM

You guys have a couple of drinks and smoke a few cigarettes for me.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 02:44 AM

You'll never believe who just walked in! Vito and GiGi (from "The Sopranos"). I told them I was writing to plawrence and they said that Frank Vincent sends his regards.

(GiGi was very friendly).

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 03:10 AM

I'll save you guys the trip.

Here are the BB scores:

Thursday
Code:
PL  2840  Yanks  (38)  85  2925 (+ Mirabelli)  
DB  2799  Hstn   (33) 101  2900 (+ Mirabelli)
JG  2662  Hstn   (33)  59  2721
CC  2590  Yanks  (38)  96  2686 
CB  2454  Mets   (30)  51  2505 + more offense  
FS  2295  Atla  -(13)  42  2337       
SC  2247  Yanks  (38)  86  2333 (+ Millar & Zaun)
MC  2030  Yanks  (38)  99  2129

Looks like SC will pass FS by morning.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 03:55 AM

Greetings! I bet it's nice ins chicago. I am very bored, and my school started last week to add on to that.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 08:33 PM

Update -

Don Cardi (and his bud, Mike) and La Dolce Vita have arrived. A few drinks later we're preparing for big the dinner tonight. Chicago's own, Don Sicilia, will be meeting us at the restaurant (which has graciously supplied us with transportation).

The convention itself starts tonight, and one pleasant surprise has been the appearance of Clem Casserta (Jimmy Whispers in "A Bronx Tale).

Assuming too much alcohol isn't imbibed, I'll try to post some pics tonight.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Assuming too much alcohol isn't imbibed, I'll try to post some pics tonight.
Try to have 'em up there by my pee break, if you don't mind.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 10:37 PM

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/10/04 10:43 PM

Greetings, all! Had a few drinks w/ Don Cardi and future member Mike, walked around the vendor booths, and soon will get ready for dinner.

Vito and Gigi were signing autograhed photos, so I got a few to add to my collection. Vito says the next season is slated for April 2006

Tomorrow most of us are going to the Cubs game.

Not many people here today, but it is a workday. Hopefully more during the weekend.

Using this stoopida focking TV thing, so enough for now...

Later,

JG

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 12:24 AM

Two early shots with some "Sopranos" guys -

Thats me and Vito Spattafore, and Lori with GiGi Cestone.

Posted By: Mignon

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 12:34 AM

Nice Pic's SC. Can't wait to see more. I wish I was there. Have a good time and a safe trip back.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 01:31 AM

He didn't offer to take you out to his pickup truck did he SC?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 05:04 AM

We all thank plaw for his thoughtful "gift" to us - a bottle of champagne, which the waiter explained as being sent by a friend of Frank Vincent.

Anway, here's all of us outside the restaurant (weighing about 20 lbs. more than when we entered).

(from left to right):
Mike, Don Cardi, La Dolce Vita, Lori, TIS, Geoff, SC, Don Sicilia

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:
He didn't offer to take you out to his pickup truck did he SC?
If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
We all thank plaw for his thoughtful "gift" to us - a bottle of champagne, which the waiter explained as being sent by a friend of Frank Vincent.

Anway, here's all of us outside the restaurant (weighing about 20 lbs. more than when we entered).

(from left to right):

Grettings everyone! Having a great time here with the others, we are in the process of getting thrown out of this bar, we drank all the liquor!

The group pic posted of us..........

"The Next Sopranos!"

we'll keep you all posted!

Don ( Hicup ) Cardi
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 11:33 AM

Is Motley Crew still an appropriate term? Just kidding. Nice to see the delegates from the Gangster BB representing us who had to stay at home and .... (whatever we do?)

Coded message for LDV - NY Jets.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 11:42 AM

A few more photos from Friday night:

Don Cardi, asking us to kiss his ring

TIS, checking out the action (by phone) on the coast

Don Sicilia, contemplating a "Godfather" discussion

Geoff and Dolce, after a Fantasy Baseball League discussion

I gotta tell ya folks, last night's dinner was one of the most pleasurable meals I've had in a long time. Aside from some awesome food and a pleasant champagne surprise, the company was SUPERB. It was the first time I had met 4 of the group, and the first time that three of them were meeting anyone else from the board, but there was never a pause in the conversation, and it was as though we'd all known each other for a looong time (I guess through the internet we have).

Whats better than sharing a meal with friends?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 06:59 PM

Hello everyone! All the sports "nuts" headed for the cubs game, so thought I'd say hello. Even though the convention is a disappointment, I think everyone here will agree we are having a great time. Lots of laughs, lot of food and plenty of great company. I had the pleasure of seeing Geoff, SC and Lori once again, and finally meeting the lovely LDV, and the perfectly charming and good natured Don Sicilia who has to be considering the nickname he's been given. Don Cardi and his friend (our soon to be new member "Mikey Montana", are sure great to hangout with as well. I feel very fortunate to have met all these great people that's for sure. Oh, and PLaw, thanks so much for the drink! We were all trying to figure out just who the hell "Frank" was, why was h buying us champgne, and how he knew we were there. :lol Actually PLaw I did grab the phone to say hello to you, but you had already hung up. Sounds like you are the "Man" on the sports thread (But don't let it go to your head now). I get the impression that Don Silicia; his tough compettion. Well, gonna run now, this computer is too slow for me. Take care everyone.
TIS:

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 09:04 PM

Glad your all having a good time! Next time I forsure have to go.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
We were all trying to figure out just who the hell "Frank" was
I think the server blew it. he was supposed to say it was "From a friend of Frank Vincent"

Glad to hear you're all having a good time

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/11/04 11:23 PM

NEWS FLASH!! SC INJURED AT CUBS GAME WHILE TRYING TO CATCH A FLY BALL.

Just heard from Lori a few minutes ago. Something about SC catching a fly ball and someone with a glass. Anyway, they are at the hospital/urgent care as we speak giving poor SC stitches in his left hand. I'm sure not life threatening, but poor SC. Details to follow when they return wth the full story.
Let's wish him well.
Don Sicilia, if you are back home and on-line perhaps you know more details, since you were there.

TIS
Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 12:15 AM

Hope it's not too bad, and you recover quickly, SC.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 01:50 AM

Just got back to hotel; spent almost 2 hours in the Emergency Room; hadda get 8 stitches between two fingers.

The Cubs had just gone ahead, and A. Ramirez was batting....he hit a foul ball straight at me. I stood up, watching and waiting and a whole bunch of hands went skyward reaching for the ball. Never taking my eye off the ball, I positioned myself perfectly, and felt the ball plop into my hand. I squeezed onto it, but some yahoo from two rows back had a plastic glass of beer there, too. Evidently the glass broke into pieces, and as I looked down on Lori (who was now covered by this yahoo) I saw she was "trapped" under this guy. He got up off her, and when I sat down to show her the ball, she freaked out.....my pants were covered with blood. She yanks me up, drags me out into the aisle (while passing over fellow fans in our row, dripping blood, and having them congratulate me for making a great catch). God was looking down on me because the ONLY First Aid Station in all Wrigley Field was only 100 feet away. They were able to stop the bleeding, and sent me on my way to the hospital.

It hurts like a mofo, and Lori just went down to the drug store to fill a prescription for a pain-killer.

Don Cardi heard about what happened and left a hilarious message on my phone (about "hitting" Bruno Tattaglia at 4 A.M. in retaliation for my wound).

Anyway, I'm OK, and am sorry I didn't call anyone back yet....Lori has my cell phone with all the numbers.
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 02:00 AM

omg, glad you're back from the ER, SC. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 03:40 AM

Owie!! I'm glad you're okay, SC... and I hope you feel a lot better soon.
I hope you guys keep on having fun!! Great pictures!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 03:51 AM

I am so sorry you got hurt. Thank God you are ok.I hope Lori is ok to. Did ya get to keep the ball? I hope so.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 03:57 AM

SC--This could be good. Maybe you'll be on SportsCenter tonight.
Posted By: Big Daddy Don

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 04:34 AM

SC - regarding your adventerous day, I saw the below article on ESPN - if you scroll a bit seems you are a mini - celebrity

……..

With the Cubs trailing, 2-1, in the eighth, pinch-hitter Neifi Perez reached on a single off Guillermo Mota (9-6) and scampered to second on a throwing error by shortstop Alex Gonzalez. Perez scored on an RBI single by Sammy Sosa, who was batting sixth for the first time since June 10, 1994.

"That was a huge hit," said manager Dusty Baker of Sosa's single. "That's how I remember Sammy -- base hits up the middle."

The game did however have a scary incident. After a Ramirez foul ball, a fan made a fantastic catch however a near brawl nearly ensured as over jubilant fans all rushed for the foul ball with most falling upon the other. After the ‘lucky’ fan got to his feet and raised the souvenir, the crowd roared their approval. However the crowd grew silent as it was apparent he was injured in the Malay as he was covered with blood. His 'female companion' got him up and rushed him through the mass of people who now began to chant ‘WUSSY, WUSSY’. When he held up his bloody hand as to show his injury they now began chanting – ‘Tape it Up, Tape it Up’. Unconfirmed rumors are that he now began to wimper and yell – my Red Sox fans would never do this. Another scary incident happened as the fans now chanted ‘Throw Him Back, Throw Him Back’ as to suggest throwing him over the wall as they do home runs from opposing teams. His lady friend flipped the fans the bird as she was finally beginning to get control of the situation. All seemed to end until the injured fan yell incited the crowd once more who were back to chanting, once again ‘WUSSY’ with the ever mature “I know what You are but what am I” reply. Luckily he was able to get to the exit before he would have been really injured.

The Chicago Cubs organization apologized for the incident saying that they did not know he was a Red Sox fan, otherwise he would not have been allowed admission. They also stated that the Red Sox connection explains the fact that he would leave a game after getting a little ‘boo boo’ on his finger.

Back to the game Mark Grudzielanek was hit by a pitch, and one out later, Mota exited for Matt Perisho. Pinch-hitter Todd Walker reached on an infield hit that Perisho deflected to load the bases. Corey Patterson lined out to first baseman Jeff Conine, and Perisho was lifted for Rudy Seanez.

With the sellout crowd of 39,078 on its feet, Lee hit a bases-clearing double into the gap in left-center to put the Cubs ahead, 5-2 …….

:p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 06:08 AM

Hey all - OMG, tonight was an incredibly fun night, I almost pissed my pants -- between Don Cardi and Mikey Montana, and Vito and Gigi -- it was ridiculous. I think between the 4 of them, we've "seen" the entire Godfather and Scarface movies via impressions. OMG, hilarious!!

Don't have time right now to get into the details, but perhaps others will. Probably won't be able to post much until I get home on Monday. See y'all then!!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
SC - regarding your adventerous day, I saw the below article on ESPN - if you scroll a bit seems you are a mini - celebrity

……..

With the Cubs trailing, 2-1, in the eighth, pinch-hitter Neifi Perez reached on a single off Guillermo Mota (9-6) and scampered to second on a throwing error by shortstop Alex Gonzalez. Perez scored on an RBI single by Sammy Sosa, who was batting sixth for the first time since June 10, 1994.

"That was a huge hit," said manager Dusty Baker of Sosa's single. "That's how I remember Sammy -- base hits up the middle."

The game did however have a scary incident. After a Ramirez foul ball, a fan made a fantastic catch however a near brawl nearly ensured as over jubilant fans all rushed for the foul ball with most falling upon the other. After the ‘lucky’ fan got to his feet and raised the souvenir, the crowd roared their approval. However the crowd grew silent as it was apparent he was injured in the Malay as he was covered with blood. His 'female companion' got him up and rushed him through the mass of people who now began to chant ‘WUSSY, WUSSY’. When he held up his bloody hand as to show his injury they now began chanting – ‘Tape it Up, Tape it Up’. Unconfirmed rumors are that he now began to wimper and yell – my Red Sox fans would never do this. Another scary incident happened as the fans now chanted ‘Throw Him Back, Throw Him Back’ as to suggest throwing him over the wall as they do home runs from opposing teams. His lady friend flipped the fans the bird as she was finally beginning to get control of the situation. All seemed to end until the injured fan yell incited the crowd once more who were back to chanting, once again ‘WUSSY’ with the ever mature “I know what You are but what am I” reply. Luckily he was able to get to the exit before he would have been really injured.

The Chicago Cubs organization apologized for the incident saying that they did not know he was a Red Sox fan, otherwise he would not have been allowed admission. They also stated that the Red Sox connection explains the fact that he would leave a game after getting a little ‘boo boo’ on his finger.

Back to the game Mark Grudzielanek was hit by a pitch, and one out later, Mota exited for Matt Perisho. Pinch-hitter Todd Walker reached on an infield hit that Perisho deflected to load the bases. Corey Patterson lined out to first baseman Jeff Conine, and Perisho was lifted for Rudy Seanez.

With the sellout crowd of 39,078 on its feet, Lee hit a bases-clearing double into the gap in left-center to put the Cubs ahead, 5-2 …….

:p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:05 AM

Thats very funny, BD....remind me to send you my Bloody Mary mix recipe.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:41 AM

Thanks, all, for the good wishes. I'm OK

I'm just ticked off that I missed all the excitement at the bar last night....it sounds like our crowd had quite an evening.

We REALLY have to plan a big get-together and get lots of us members to meet.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 12:42 PM

From the phone calls I received at 1:00 in the morning I'm guessing you drunks were more then a little 3 sheets to the wind. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. That's saying an aweful lot coming from me. :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 12:46 PM

I hope the boys weren't looking for phone sex....

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 12:49 PM

All I'm saying is microwaved Zuccinni and cigarettes were involved. The bad boys tried to blame it on Don Sicilia. For one thing I know he doesn't smoke. For another I never heard of a Filipino with a thick New York accent.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 12:51 PM

Sounds like it was SC. Must have been the painkillers......

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 12:53 PM

Nope, I don't believe he was there. Then I supposedly was talking to Al Pacino. Like he would hang with you scrubs. :p
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 06:08 PM

Sounds like you guys all had a good time.Wish I could have gone.....hopefully next year.
SC- Damn you're a celebrity now.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 08:45 PM

Our don with the boys (John Fiore and Joe Gannascoli from "The Sopranos")

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 08:55 PM

SC and Lori relaxing in hotel lobby.

Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:00 PM

JG thinking: Look at me, I look awesome with these guys.

Sopranos fellas: I hope this guy hurrys up and takes the god damned picture. This guy behind me is starting to get a little to freindly with his hands.

Turi: Two more inches JG and you'd be touching some serious nipples.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:03 PM

I would cross the road if I saw SC walking towards me down the street. Infact I'd probably run away.

Your lady, however, would get a wee wink.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:03 PM

TIS, Lori and Geoff chillin'

Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:07 PM

Fantastic pics, SC! I'm loving this. Brilliant pictures of everybody. Love the Pork Store T-shirt, JG! Alas, you can't buy anything like that in stores here.

What were John and Joe like to talk to? And, this is a daft question, but how did you meet them, and for how long were you?

Did you remind Vito that he is only where he is (captain) because Gigi conveniently died on a toilet seat?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Sopranos fellas: I hope this guy hurrys up and takes the god damned picture. This guy behind me is starting to get a little to freindly with his hands.

The two of them were very friendly, and signed a (free) poster for Geoff with the words "To the Gangster Bulletin Board" (or something to that effect). I'm sure he'll post a copy of that when he gets home.

They (John and Joe) really befriended Don Cardi and Mikey Montana, but went out of their way to be be friendly to all of us.

Also - Clem Caserta (Jimmy Whispers from "A Bronx Tale", "The Untouchables", "Casino", etc.) was a real charmer. We have some nice pics with him, but he asked we refrain from posting them on the net.

Don Sicilia is busy slaving away at work; Don Cardi, Mikey Montana and La Dolce Vita caught their flights home already; Geoff left on his drive back a little while ago; Lori and TIS just left for a drive into Chicago, so I am now gonna get caught up on some sleep before dinner.

Guys and gals - When there's gonna be a get-together of our members, TRY to come and meet those with whom you correspond here. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

To those who are overseas - get your own groups together (but you must post pictures here).

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:25 PM

Quote:
I would cross the road if I saw SC walking towards me down the street. Infact I'd probably run away.
Oh yeah!! You should see me on a bad day! :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
What were John and Joe like to talk to? And, this is a daft question, but how did you meet them, and for how long were you?

Did you remind Vito that he is only where he is (captain) because Gigi conveniently died on a toilet seat?
They are "regular" guys and funny as hell. I missed it last night, and I'm sure some of the others will fill you in with details (Don Cardi and Geoff), but they had the place rocking with imitations of movie stars, and doing dialogue from "Scarface" (with Mikey Montana).

The convention was something of a bust, and they were probably happy to have some guys their age with which to hang out. Almost every time I was looking for Don Cardi, the two of them were with him (and Mikey Montana). It wasn't long before they were calling Geoff, by name, too.

I bought a picture of both of them (they autographed it) in which GiGi (John) is sitting on the toilet (dead) while Vito (Joe) is taking his pulse.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 11:32 PM

Hey everyone, Just arrived home from the convention. I must tell you all that I had a fantastic time! Everyone just jelled together like we have known each other for years! What an honor meeting everyone. SC ad Lori are really warm and great people! Don Geoff, a fantastic guy! La Dolce Vita and TIS are two really really sweet ladies! Don S. is a fun guy! I also would like to thank them all for treating our newest member and my friend, Mikey Montana as if he has been on our board for years! Just a fantastic fun time had by all!!!!! Throwing Joe G. ( Vito Spat ) and John F. ( Gigi ) into the mix really topped off the fun. I don't think that the Itasca Holiday Inn will EVER be the same after having our crew! I am already looking forward to next years get together and really hope that more of us can get together.

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 11:34 PM

SC, when you are talking a bust, do you mean that there were few people there?

Did anyone make any of the tours?

Sounds like maybe the board should hold its own get together.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/12/04 11:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fathersson:
[QB] SC, when you are talking a bust, do you mean that there were few people there?

Fathersson,

I think that what SC meant when he said that the convention was a bust is that there was not as large a turnout as the promoter had expected. As far as "our" participation at and in the convention, it was a success. I also felt that the quality of merchandise displayed was pretty nice stuff. This guy did not just throw any kind of dealer with any kind of junk in the convention. I felt that the promoter sincerely gave his all in putting this thing together. As said earlier, the turnout of people was the bust, and that is what I believe SC was reffering to in his post.
I will definatley attend a second one when this promoter puts it together for next year.

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 02:16 AM

FS -

Don Cardi answered what I was thinking....the "bust" part of the convention was very low turnout. The hotel, and its staff, was VERY accomodating, and the facilities were fine, but I think the location (FAR from the city) and lack of local advertising in advance hurt tremendously.

We'll see if the organizer will try again next year. (IF he does, he'll try New York/New Jersey).

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 02:29 AM

Of course things were cheaper outside the city. Then again he took a lot of the people out of the picture that may have driven over and took a shot at things for a couple of hours by having it there.

so what did you guys buy?

No one take the tour?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 02:51 AM

Nobody took the tour. The more we discussed the possibility of going on the bus, the more we decided it sounded kind of chintzy (the ONE thing I wanted to see was where the St. Valentine's Day Massacre took place - I found out that site is now an empty lot.....who the hell wants to see an empty lot?).

We bought mostly artwork (framed paintings of scenes from "The Godfather" and "Scarface"), autographed pics (John Fiore was selling a pic of him and James Gandolfini, signed by Gandolfini), shirts and some books.

Antionette Giancana, daughter of Sam Giancana, was there selling her autobiography ("Mafia Princess"), but I declined.....you can buy a copy on E-Bay and save a lot of money.

Don Cardi and Mikey bought a few of the paintings and got themselves good deals (similarly framed pics sell for a LOT more in New York).

Not to beat a dead horse, but the best part for all of us involved being together and having laughs....it wasn't the convention itself.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 02:57 AM

Although I'm not so much the expert on Scarface as most of you are, I can tell you that "Gigi" sat right at our table,comfortably sitting in a chair and was acting out a whole series of Scarface doing a wonderful impersonation. Everyone in that lounge had there eyes on him, as he freely and loudly quoted Tony Montana, capturing Pacino's accent perfectly. Others including DC and his friend Mikey Montana would coax him with another line and he'd be off again doing another scene. Very entertaining. He did say that Pacino was his favorite actor, and that he prefered to do he youngher Pacino I think because the voice was easier to do.

Let me take this opportunity also, to thank DC, his buddy and soon to be new member Mikey, Geoff and SC/Lori (remember her? Consigliere's Lady?????? I'm sure she'll be posting soon. :p ), for their genorousity. It seemed they all were more than generous picking up the tabs for us. Thanks guys! You are all great

TIS
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 03:06 AM

This gal made it home ---BARELY. :rolleyes:

I wondered why my flight which was to leave Chicago at 1:30 was not boarding at 1:15. Then I heard my name paged to go see the desk attendant.

Funny how he phrased it: "There is a slight problem with the plane."

SIDEBAR: What the heck is a slight problem and why all of a sudden am I concerned?

Anyway, he informs me they are working on something and it is clear I won't be leaving today and will have to spend the night and leave tomorrow (Monday).

Before I could even process this information, I blurt out that staying another night was unacceptable (simply because I didnt want to )

Apparently, this just affected me - I'm not sure how. All the other passengers on that flight were boarding. Must have had something to do with the connecting flight from Phoenix to Albuquerque.

Anyway, he is telling me I have to stay the night. I'm really disapointed when all of a sudden he says if I hurry I can make a flight on American Airlines(I was originally booked on America West). He shoves a ticket in my hand and says go to Terminal 5 (which is THREE terminals away) and Hurry!

So I do.

Much later I get to Terminal 5 - the lady is rush, rush, rushing me....tells me to go to Gate 13 ( I am at 1). I feel like I am running a good 13 city blocks. I think quick enough to ask her what time this flight leaves. She says 1:30. Wow. My watch says 1:40. I run like nobody's business and get to the gate and rush in like a banshee. My seat is at the very back and I settle in and then think to ask my neighbor where this flight is going to. Lucky for me - DIRECT flight to Albuquerque.

The GOOD news is, I got in at 3:30 (on time! Wow that pilot was good making up for the lost time!) instead of 8:30 tonight, early enough to catch the last quarter of my Niner game and other various games today. Guess I was lucky it all worked out. I woulda been calling DB/Don Sicilia for dinner!

Fun weekend. I needed it. Cubs game was AWESOME! Many thanks to Don Sicilia for chauffering us around and his hospitality. He went WAY out of his way to meet us and spend time with us.

Thanks to everyone else for a great time. It went by way too fast. Hope everyone stays safe getting home!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Many thanks to Don Sicilia for chauffering us around and his hospitality. He went WAY out of his way to meet us and spend time with us.
Amen to that! The pleasure of Don Sicilia's company was ours! Now that I've met him, I don't mind getting my ass kicked by him in the BB League.....plawrence is another story, though. :p

Single ladies out there - this guy is a catch and he's charming!!

Glad to hear you got home safely, Buffy.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 04:43 AM

I resemble that remark...

Remember, you don't only lose to DB and Me. You lose to Buffy, Crabby, JG, CB, maybe even FS.....

So you left Chicago in stitches, huh?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Remember, you don't only lose to DB and Me. You lose to Buffy, Crabby, JG, CB, maybe even FS.....

Ahhhh, plaw, you were missed.

Your picture was on the center of the dartboard, but everyone kept missing it. :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I resemble that remark...

Oh, man... oh, that was good. Stupid joke, but it cracked me up, for some reason. Left me in stitches, so to speak. Well I guess that's the mark of a good joke... must not have been as stupid as I thought then, huh?

By the way, what's this resemble stuff? Is this still a throwback from the time Geoff used it, and you're just giving him a hard time, or is there more history to it? Or maybe it's an East Coast thing, like gravy and down the shore.

Nice one about "missing" Plaw, too, SC. You feeling better yet, by the way? How long do you have to keep the stitches in?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 08:21 AM

Sure, Zia, egg him on. :p (OK, OK....it WAS a good joke).

The "Hey, I resemble that remark" can be attributed to Curly Howard (of "The Three Stooges" fame). It was used to show Curly's ignorance; as an example, someone would call Curly "an ignoramus", and Curly would respond with that line (instead of saying, "Hey I resent that remark").

I'm feeling a lot better, and thanks for asking. I can have the stitches taken out in about 10 days. I feel more sorry for Lori's hand than for my own. She stood right next to me, holding my other hand as the doctor put the stitches in, and I was squeezing her hand (against the pain).
Posted By: Senza Mama

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 08:49 AM

Hope the hand heals quickly SC. Quick query, when you guys are eating/drinking together do you use your BB names or your real names??

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 12:36 PM

Thanks, SM.

We were using mostly real names for those present, but if we mentioned someone who wasn't present (ie. "plawrence is winning in baseball" or "Mignon's father-in-law is sick", or "Turnbull would know that answer", etc.) we used their screen names.
Posted By: Big Daddy Don

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Thanks, SM.

We were using mostly real names for those present, but if we mentioned someone who wasn't present (ie. "plawrence is winning in baseball" or "Mignon's father-in-law is sick", or "Turnbull would know that answer", etc.) we used their screen names.
SC - I am guessing that there may have been other 'names or terms' used besides 'plawrence' when discussing PL :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 01:16 PM

If your name came up in the conversation, I'm sure you were referred to as "Big Daddy Wuss".

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
We were using mostly real names for those present...
Except for me... You guys were still calling me Douchebag.

Well, let's keep this love train going...

It was GREAT seeing everyone. Friday night, I arrived late for dinner due to traffic and when I finally arrived, I immediately recognized everyone who posted pictures. I sat next to our esteemed Don and across from TIS. It was wonderful talking with everyone. I even got to speak to Plaw on the phone to thank him for the champagne that he sent over. It was very much appreciated.

BD - you're wrong, Plaw doesn't sound like grumpy old windbag... :p

Pork, DC and Mikey Montana were a hoot at dinner with their Scarface impressions. The rest of us spent the entire time trying to down the huge steaks that we ordered.

The next day, I went back to the podunk suburb of Itasca - had breakfast with everyone and then we were off to the Cubs game. On the way to Wrigley, I was treated to the sound stylings of SC, Pork and La Dolce Vita. One word for Pork: HUM! :p Just kidding.

The game was a blast - save the emergency call from Lori saying that SC got maimed by a foul ball. I'm glad you're OK, SC. When Pork got the call, after asking the customary "Is he OK?" question - we asked Pork the natural next question - "Did he at least end up with the ball?" SC??

Oh yea... I paid of all bets the next day, BDD.

Afterwards, we went to a local pizzeria and just chilled there until their cab came.

Thanks for coming guys. Next time you're in Chicago, just give me a call.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 03:26 PM

Hey Gangsters,

Thanks for sharing the pics and the posts. Sounded like a great time (sorry about the hand SC).

Are we going to see any of youse guys on the Sopranos? :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/13/04 11:42 PM

I'm back from my most excellent adventure! Need to settle in, check email, make fantasy picks, and relax a bit. I'll be back later on

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 12:51 AM

HEY Tis, SC, Lori, La Dolce, Geoff, Mikey, Don S, what time are we meeting in the lounge tonight for drinks?
Damn I wish we were still there!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
what time are we meeting in the lounge tonight for drinks?
I'll be down there in about 15 minutes, after another quick pass at the convention. I'll save the big table for us... I think that guy in the hat is gonna do some more monologue for us!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 01:20 AM

Just let me know if you plan on making any more phone calls. I've got to make a run to the produce section.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 01:21 AM

Quote:
Need to... . make fantasy picks...
Forget football, bud. I have already beat you!

Like a dead horse!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 01:54 AM

Quote:
Damn I wish we were still there!
YOU wish we were still there??? Lori hadda drag me out (kicking and screaming) this morning. I am sooo ticked that I missed Saturday night's entertainment.

One instant effect of the Gangster BB leaving Itasca is the layoff of Dino, the bartender.

FWIW - I'm gonna write the Hotel Manager and compliment his/her staff. They were extremely helpful and went out of their way to accomodate us and make us happy.

The only one still to check in with us is TIS.... she should be home by now.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 02:45 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[b]what time are we meeting in the lounge tonight for drinks?
I'll be down there in about 15 minutes, after another quick pass at the convention. I'll save the big table for us... I think that guy in the hat is gonna do some more monologue for us! [/b][/quote]Do you mean REBENGAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
Libertaaaa, Libertaaaaa, REBENGAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 03:31 AM

I made it home finally, after an hour delay at the airport. Thanks SC/L, and DC for your concern that I made it home.

I wonder what the lounge is gonna do without our rowdy group there hu? Had a great time. The convention wasn't all that good, but I still had a great time, because all of you made it so much fun.

Geoff I hope you had a good ride home and didn't do any "storm chasing".

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 03:37 AM

Welcome back! Glad you got home safe!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 03:40 AM

Welcome back, TIS!! Good thing you got a taste of Chicago humidity before coming back to our gust of moist air here... Now, at least it can't seem TOO bad, because you just had worse, huh? (Is it humid out by you, too, by the way? The weekend was horrible... 31%!!!)
Glad you made it back okay.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 04:25 AM

nice pics guys! hope we were there. . .

GoodFella

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 04:54 AM

I'm glad Y'all made it back safe and sound. I agree with SC we have to have somekind of get together sometime.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 05:52 AM

Good to hear all of you made it back safe. SC, thanks for the great pix and updates. I hope your hand recovers soon. I wish someday I'd be able to meet all posters here.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 06:03 PM

Quote:
[b]what time are we meeting in the lounge tonight for drinks?
I'll be down there in about 15 minutes, after another quick pass at the convention. I'll save the big table for us... I think that guy in the hat is gonna do some more monologue for us! [/b][/quote] Yea, you and your buddy did a great job reading the entire GF script. Next thing I know, this guy is on the floor!

Whoever gets to the lounge first, order me one of those pretty "Blue" drinks. The bartender will know who it's for. :p

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 08:06 PM

Hey,

I am still waiting down here for all of you guys but no one showed! Now I am stuck with ALL of these drinks, especially the "cute" blue one!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 08:25 PM

Don Cardi,

Just don't be drinking my drink! :p

I just wanna know one thing?? Is the cab ride you took a flat rate or by the meter??? Sounds like a real "trip". LMAO

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/14/04 09:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
[QB] Don Cardi,

Just don't be drinking my drink! :p

I just wanna know one thing?? Is the cab ride you took a flat rate or by the meter??? Sounds like a real "trip". LMAO

Ooooh!! Low Shot TIS!!!!

If Paulie hadn't called in sick that day then there wouldn't have been any problem!

I think that he was sick because he drank too many of those "CUTE" Blue Drinks the night before!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 01:26 AM

Quote:
I am still waiting down here for all of you guys but no one showed!
Sorry, Clem caught my ear - he sure can talk! I'll be down there in 5 to help close the place...

Oh yeah - anyone remember the name of that "comedian" from Saturday night?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 01:34 AM

Geoff,

I think it was John D'Amico (not sure about the first name though).

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 01:50 AM

Quote:
Geoff,

I think it was John D'Amico (not sure about the first name though).

TIS
It was either JOHN or FRANK D'Amico

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 02:06 AM

Quote:
[b]I am still waiting down here for all of you guys but no one showed!
Sorry, Clem caught my ear - he sure can talk! I'll be down there in 5 to help close the place...

Oh yeah - anyone remember the name of that "comedian" from Saturday night? [/b][/quote]Don Malta,

I checked the site and his first name is Frank.

So Clem got your ear, huh? LOL! Is he putting you in his next Movie?

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 02:08 AM

It is Frank D'Amico. I found this website on him.
He actually looks thinner in some of the pics. :p

http://www.bigfrank.tv/

TIS
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 02:53 AM

Quote:
It is Frank D'Amico....
TIS
Wasnt that the kid's name who played Anthony in Part 3?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 05:39 AM

No, that was Franc D'Ambrosio - but close I guess :p

Thanks guys, can't wait to look him up

And no, he didn't offer me acting lessons - he wanted me for my computer and marketing skills - that bastid, treating me like a piece of meat!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 07:54 AM

Quote:
he wanted me for my computer and marketing skills
So whats your answer gonna be, Pop?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 11:27 PM

OK, now I am going through withdrawal!!!!!!

We may have to have our own little Gangster BB convention sometime soon!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 11:35 PM

Try a 12-Step program

Yeah, I know what you mean. We NJ/NY folks usually meet about twice a year for dinner/drinks, and this weekend was the longest we've spent together as a group. Got kinda addicting, huh? Think we'll have to meet up more often throughout the year! Maybe once more before the nasty 5-month NY Winter sets in?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/15/04 11:46 PM

Quote:
Try a 12-Step program

Yeah, I know what you mean. We NJ/NY folks usually meet about twice a year for dinner/drinks, and this weekend was the longest we've spent together as a group. Got kinda addicting, huh? Think we'll have to meet up more often throughout the year! Maybe once more before the nasty 5-month NY Winter sets in?
Sounds like a plan to me! The question is though, WHERE in NY/NJ are we going to get away with acting up the way that we did in the Chicago Hotel lounge? LOL! We'll just have to take over another lounge again!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/17/04 05:46 PM

How about your apartment, DC? :p

Here's a pic of myself with Clem Caserta , a character actor known to often co-star with De Niro, best known for playing Jimmy Whispers in A Bronx Tale.

(I added a bit of noise to his face because he's not too keen on his pics being posted online and used for other purposes. Altho, his pics are all over the place anyway, I wanted to honor his request.)

Any actor wannabes in the NY area may want to check out his acting school

PS - To the attendees - Anyone else besides SC and me get really sick this week, or was it just a coincidence?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/17/04 08:17 PM

Geoff,

Sorry you SC/L got sick. No, I feel fine. Maybe you caught a bug a Wrigley's . Since I didn't go to the game, and you guys did. Just a thought.

In any case, hope you all are feeling better real soon.

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/17/04 09:31 PM

Quote:
Maybe you caught a bug a Wrigley's
I caught a foul ball there, but no bug.

Ya know whats REALLY hard to believe?? It was a week ago at this time that we were getting ready to go to the steakhouse.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/17/04 10:30 PM

Well, sounds like you all had a grand time. Anyone go fishing with Neri? I was buying a second home in Prescott, AZ. You seemed to have more fun than I did, filling out forms that say I read all the disclosures on my new property, I am not a miscreant (had my fingers crossed when I signed it!), don't go by any aliases (except Turnbull).
Were the Chi-Lites singing?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/17/04 10:48 PM

Turbull - Congrats! I love Arizona, and visited every year in my middle and high school years when my grandparents lived there (Sun City). Every year we'd tour a different part of the state, and I recall Prescott on the way to Sedona and Flagstaff. I always said to myself my winter home would be in Arizona. And Prescott isn't quite as arid as the desert areas I'm used to visiting, so I think you got a great location! Excellent! Save a room for me!!

If you go golfing down in Scottsdale and see Alice Cooper, say hi for me

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/17/04 10:52 PM

Mazel tov, lantzman!

Hmmm...I see a winter sitdown in sunny Arizona in our future

You were missed in Chicago!
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/18/04 07:04 AM

Can someone explain to me what this "convention" was in Chicago, or is it not something everyone is supposed to know?
if its not I'm sorry for asking the question

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/18/04 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Can someone explain to me what this "convention" was in Chicago, or is it not something everyone is supposed to know?
if its not I'm sorry for asking the question
DonMichael,

The convention in Chicago was a " Golden Age Of Gangsters Convention " which obviously was a collector's show/convention of Mob memorabilia. Many of us from these boards had decided that this convention was a good venue for us to meet and have a little Gangster BB convention/get together of our own. So several members of these boards flew in or drove in from different parts of the country to meet each other and at the same time attend the convention. If you look at some of these posts in this thread you will see pictures of us at the convention. Let me say this my friend, and I know that I can speak for all of us who attended ; we had a really great time! I sincerely would love for many more board members to attend our next Gangster BB get together be it at the second annual Golden Age Of Gangsters Convention or just a Gangster BB get together of our own.

http://www.goldenageofgangsters.com

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/18/04 04:52 PM

oh ok thanks alot Don Cardi I'm definitly going to look into going to the next one.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/19/04 12:18 AM

Thank you, SC and Geoff! The welcome mat is out.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/19/04 11:07 AM

Whatever happened to the upcoming Clem Caserta film Jimmy Whispers? Did that fall through?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/19/04 03:21 PM

Congratulations on your home purchase TB ! Although I've only driven thru it, I hear Arizona is very nice. Why, you'd be just a hop, skip and a jump away from me (well kind of)! We'll have to do lunch! :p Good luck to you!

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/19/04 03:29 PM

Quote:
Whatever happened to the upcoming Clem Caserta film Jimmy Whispers? Did that fall through?
Turi,

According to Clem, it should be out directly to cable sometime soon. He told us that he was in negotiations with several cable companies. What originally happened is that the sound people who were in charge of the sound and sound cuts of this movie somehow screwed up and the sound did not come out too well. It would have been too expensive for him to re-shoot those scenes so the cable companies may buy this movie from him and absorb the expense of correcting the sound problems. I do know that Clem is currently working on another movie titled " The Great White Hope " which is about a fighter. If I hear anything else about both these movies I will keep you posted.

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/20/04 12:13 AM

Thanks, TIS. One of the reasons we bought in Arizona is that, given the San Andreas Fault, we could have Pacific beachfront property in a few years. :rolleyes:

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/20/04 06:58 AM

Yeah, fingers crossed. Then I can live on an island!

Well congrats, TB. I hope you enjoy your new investment to its fullest.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/20/04 11:09 AM

Thanks Don Cardi, I'll have to look out for it in the future. And if I remember correctly you were an extra in it.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/21/04 12:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks Don Cardi, I'll have to look out for it in the future. And if I remember correctly you were an extra in it.
That is correct my friend. And According to Clem, they did NOT delete the scene that I was in. Hopefully we'll see if that's correct! LOL!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/30/04 06:53 PM

OMG, the trip was only 3 weeks ago -- seems like months ago!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 09/30/04 09:00 PM

Quote:
OMG, the trip was only 3 weeks ago -- seems like months ago!
So true my friend! I feel the same way! But before you know it......... Just waiting a reply from "Our Most Valued and Trusted Friend!"

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 04:51 AM

Better late than never, right? I got my pics back and Don Cardi wanted to especially see this first one:

Me, "Rebenga", and Mikey Montana (the lurker):

LDV and Don Sicilia at the Cubs game:

Mikey, Frank D'Amico, and LDV:

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 01:32 PM

Nice pics. Who IS this Rebenga guy?

LDV, you are TOO dammed tan..haha.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 03:28 PM

I missed that night.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 06:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Beth E:
[QB] Nice pics. Who IS this Rebenga guy?

Why Beth, that's Geoff's new best friend and fashion consultant!!

Very nice pics Geoff I thought you may have had one of SC catching that fly ball. :p

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
I missed that night.
Actually, I missed YOU that night!
You definately were missed my friend!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 08:58 PM

Quote:
Better late than never, right? I got my pics back and Don Cardi wanted to especially see this first one:

Me, "Rebenga", and Mikey Montana (the lurker):

Hey Don Malta, was that picture taken before or after Mikey Montana knocked Rebenga to the ground!
You really need to find this guy and invite him to one of our dinners! Or better yet, have him make a surprise appearance at the next convention! I know that TIS would just love to see Rebenga again!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 08:59 PM

Quote:
You definately were missed my friend!
Amen to that! But WE didn't get any baseball souvenirs like SC did!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 09:04 PM

Quote:
Amen to that! But WE didn't get any baseball souvenirs like SC did!
Yes on the foul ball... I'll pass on the stitches.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/03/05 09:05 PM

Quote:
Hey Don Malta, was that picture taken before or after Mikey Montana knocked Rebenga to the ground!
His hat isn't flattened out yet here, so...

Quote:
Cont'd by Don Cardi:
I know that TIS would just love to see Rebenga again!
Yeah! Next time TIS goes through the GF script with him!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:

LDV, you are TOO dammed tan..haha.
You'd be tan too if you sat out on the bleachers at Wrigley all afternoon in the scorching sun!! ) Thanks!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 08:42 PM

Quote:
btw - What is UP with my shirt in the 2nd pic? In reality, it is SHEER white material. In the pic, it looks like a tent!!! I look almost as big as Frank!!

That'll never happen. You're as thin as a rail.

I'm no where near Wrigley field, so I guess I'll have to spend 2 hours in a tanning bed.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 08:45 PM

Hey stranger!! Most of my pics are of the stadium, too! Most everything I have has already been posted by SC -- I hardly had my camera with me, too! And I took NO video at all!

Next time, tho, since I got a new digital camera, watch out!!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 08:53 PM

Quote:
And I took NO video at all!

Um, that might have been a good thing!!

Wrigley was great. I want to go back. DB - send me a schedule.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 08:57 PM

Quote:
Hey [b]stranger!! [/b]
btw - who are you calling strange??

I have been soooo distracted and busy moving. Don't worry, Ricky Roma will be pleased to know I haven't gone too far.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 09:11 PM

Buffy, here are two more that I hadn't previously posted:

You're SOMEWHERE in the bleachers pic That picture is high resolution digital, so I MAY be able to blow it up enough to where you can see some faces. The only problem is I don't WHERE in the bleachers you guys were sitting.

The pic of the group is when we were waiting for Douchebag to show up. Hey, we get to see plaw's champagne!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 09:12 PM

Quote:
DB - send me a schedule.
Tenative 2005 Cubs Schedule

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 09:14 PM

SC, we were sitting on the other side of the vegetation so we wouldn't be in that picture.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

THE GANGSTER BB COMMISSION! aka The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 09:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that.... there were a lot of shots going down that night!!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
[quote]Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
[b] DB - send me a schedule.
Tenative 2005 Cubs Schedule [/b][/quote]You are WAAAAY too nice and accomodating. I was being fascetious in my request!!!

But I see LA is playing there the end of August. Hmmmmm. Delta is running specials! Hopefully I can plan a road trip to a stadium somewhere with a girlfriend who WON'T flake out on me this time....

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 10:57 PM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by SC:
[b]

Don Cardi [/b][/quote]DC- can you say who the people are please

I see LDV, JG, and I believe that's TIS in the back left but who are the others?
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 11:07 PM

I think it's DC in the white, his friend Mike across from him, and SC's wife across from LDV.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 11:09 PM

ah I thought that was DC in the white but I thought he was the one taking the picture lol

maybe SC was taking the picture?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:

(from left to right):

DMC - here's a better picture with a roll call

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/04/05 11:13 PM

Lori is SC's wife?

SC Is a big guy, I wouldn't want to mess with him lol

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Lori is SC's wife?

SC Is a big guy, I wouldn't want to mess with him lol
She's his Gun Moll.....His "Bella Mafia!"
Bonnie & Clyde!

He's my most valued and trusted friend, so don't ever mess with him!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
(from left to right):

DMC - here's a better picture with a roll call [/QB][/QUOTE]

If you look very closely, you'll see that TIS has a .357 Magnum under that jacket!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 01:11 AM

Quote:
If you look very closely, you'll see that TIS has a .357 Magnum under that jacket! [Eek!]
If JG was that close to ME- I'd want one too :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 02:07 AM

Quote:
Hopefully I can plan a road trip to a stadium somewhere with a girlfriend who WON'T flake out on me this time....
If you ever want to visit Oriole Park you know who to call.

Sidebar: Wouldn't you know it. Colorado comes to town after Vinny goes to Washington. The baseball Gods do not love me.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 02:18 AM

Thanks for refreshing my memory of a great time Geoff. Would you believe I just brought my pictures in to be developed??? Never finished the rolls of film til Christmas. :p

DMC, I had to carry the Magnum. After Geoff asked for "permission" to go to the restroom, I felt very uneasy.

For all you groups of people who live in the same areas, I would really encourage you to try to meet each other. It's an awesome experience meeting all these people you talk to on a daily basis in person. Even in small groups it can be a whole lot of fun.

I know it's hard, if not impossible to ever get all of us together at any one time, but if in the meantime you can even meet a few, it is well worth the planning and expense. Plus I'd love to see pictures of all of you having a good time. And if you play your cards right, Frank Vincent may just send you a bottle of champagne. :p

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 03:16 AM

Great pics, you guys!

TIS, when are we gonna stop SAYING we're gonna meet up, and actually meet up? Now that Corpuzzi's back, we've gotta let him know, too.

Hey, if LDV's such a Dodger fan... if you're ever in town for a game, let us know, eh?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 03:53 AM

Quote:
After Geoff asked for "permission" to go to the restroom, I felt very uneasy.

TIS [/QB]
Yeah, then he came walking out with just his **** in his hands!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 04:04 AM

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
After Geoff asked for "permission" to go to the restroom, I felt very uneasy.

TIS
Yeah, then he came walking out with just his **** in his hands!

Don Cardi [/QB][/quote]LMAO

Have to clean it up DC. What's the word they use when they show that scene on tv instead of **** ?????

TIS

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 10:28 AM

Sorry if my walking stick upset you so much. Sheesh!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/05/05 02:56 PM

I think we were saying "What are you doing with a twig in your hand, JG?"
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 01/06/05 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Letizia B.:
Great pics, you guys!

TIS, when are we gonna stop SAYING we're gonna meet up, and actually meet up? Now that Corpuzzi's back, we've gotta let him know, too.

Hey, if LDV's such a Dodger fan... if you're ever in town for a game, let us know, eh?
Just tell me when and where...I'm most likely moving to L.A. in the fall

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 06/21/05 04:16 PM

To rehash some memories - I found an article by Rick Porello about this convention. Its linked below.

Rick Porello has a decent site about the Mob; check it out.

Rick Porello\'s Article about the Convention

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 06/21/05 04:19 PM

I was looking for the thread but I bet SC knows... When's the August get-together, SC?

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 06/21/05 04:25 PM

Are you planning on attending?

http://www.gangsterbb.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=007461

Hope so!

Don Cardi

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 06/21/05 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
To rehash some memories....
Oh man! Pics of Rebenga ("Best-dressed-guest?" ) and the Bartender who needed to be told how to make a martini a dozen times per night -- but nailed the blue girlie drink the first time!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 06/22/05 04:04 AM

Looks like fun,some grat pics on there

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/25/05 05:15 PM

I also posted this in the 2006 GBB Convention Thread but thought it should be posted here as well...

It's a year late, but thanks to JG, I can finally post my pics from the GBB Chicago convention from September 2004. It took me a year to develop and scan them.

Like I said to JG - I REALLY need to step into the digital age!

Here ya go!

Left Side (Front to Back): Don Sicilia, JG, La Dolce Vita, Don Cardi

Right Side (Front to Back): TIS, Lori, SC, Mikey Montana

LDV and the Fonz (Ayyyyyyeeee) :p

LDV and JG proudly wearing Scrubbies hats. LDV Thought Bubble - "Watch your hand there, Geoff." :p
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/25/05 07:19 PM

Thanks for posting those. They're really nice. And you look amazingly like Benjamin Bratt in that top photo. Hey, this is the internet. For all we know, you ARE Benjamin Bratt!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/25/05 08:41 PM

Great Pic's DS. I wish I could have gone to that convention. Hopefully you can come to the next one.

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/26/05 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
They're really nice. And you look amazingly like Benjamin Bratt in that top photo. Hey, this is the internet. For all we know, you ARE Benjamin Bratt!
I hope being compared to Benjamin Bratt is better than who Zia compared me to in another thread - she likened me to Screech! :p
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/26/05 03:42 PM

I think her comparison was more on the brain power side of things.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/26/05 08:12 PM

Whoa, SB, I think you've found his twin! Though we dubbed CS a Chad Moeller lookalike a while back, I think he looks a lot more like Benjamin Bratt! Cool!

To Geoff (CS, please ignore this section...): What in the world are you doing wearing that baseball cap? :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/26/05 09:34 PM

DB, my sweet. You're fishing for more compliments from me, more reassurances that you are the anti-Screech nerd, more comments about how cute you are, etc. I know what you're doing!! And although you are nothing like Screech/Urkel, and you're adorable, and your nerdiness is sexy, I'm not gonna give in to what you're trying to do here!

Oh wait. Damn!

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/27/05 12:41 AM

I wouldn't fish for compliments, Zia. If I wanted to though, I would just need to look in Plaw's thesaurus.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/28/05 02:24 AM

Wow. LDV is a total hottie, I have to go to these conventions soon

Not to take away from 'Zia, of course. :p

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/28/05 02:43 AM

Or Becky HAHA
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Greetings from Chicago! - 10/28/05 02:49 AM

Shh! Don't say it too loud, or we'll be censored for indecency!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET