Home

NYC Hotels with balconies

Posted By: blueracing347

NYC Hotels with balconies - 09/24/17 10:47 AM

I'm going up to nyc for a few days in December. I want to want to wake up in the morning with a cup of coffee, a smoke, and watch the big Apple in action. Trying to find a hotel with a balcony has become a pain in the ass. I don't need the classiest hotel, I just want a decent room that has a balcony and a good view of the city. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 09/24/17 05:49 PM

Here you are....

NYC Hotels with balconies
Posted By: OakAsFan

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 09/26/17 03:54 AM

Probably should have reserved a year ago.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 09/26/17 04:51 PM

Gotta be careful in how you book, Blue--just because a hotel has rooms with balconies doesn't mean you're going to get one. Book directly with the hotel, using their local number (not an 800 number) and specifically tell them you want a balcony room with a good view (not one with a view of the building or alley next door). Do not book with Expedia, Travelocity or another booking site--the hotel is not bound to honor any special requests you made with another booking agent.
Posted By: olivant

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 09/26/17 05:01 PM

TB, you are exactly right. Book directly with the hotel.

Mid-town would seem to offer an abundance of choices.

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 09/28/17 03:04 PM

Thanks for the advice TB and Oli. My friend is giving me his apartment in Brooklyn since he'll be gone.

Can anyone recommend a good rooftop bar/ restaurant? Or are they all the same?

Since I won't have a ride from the airport, would I better off flagging a taxi down or arranging transportation from LaGuardia to Brooklyn?
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/01/17 06:56 AM

The best roof top bar in Brooklyn is William Vale, pricey but the the view is worth it.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/09/17 12:13 AM

Have a drink in Rockefeller Center for the best views of Manhattan. It's a fortune, and there's usually a line to get in, but one look out the window is worth the price and the hassle.
https://www.rockefellercenter.com/food-and-drink/sixtyfive/
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/09/17 12:15 AM

The Beekman Towers on 49th st and 1st ave is nice too.

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/09/17 04:49 AM

Thank you very much. I know how to use Google. I needed some insight. There's a million hotels and there's even more websites trying to sell an experience. So I appreciate those of you who have made recommendations. The William Vale place is within walking distance from where I'm staying. The bar'65 is how I picture a classy nyc bar. Last time I was in nyc I had a few gin n tonics at the Hudson hotel bar. I liked the billiard parlor better than the other side. It was more reserved.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/12/17 06:34 PM

There used to be a bar in the Ritz Carlton Battery Park that had great views of the river and Statue of Liberty, but I'm not sure it's still there. Gorgeous hotel. We stayed there for my husband's 40th and it was worth every penny.

Also, if you decide to go to Chinatown, eat at WoHop. Basement is a bit scary. Eat upstairs if you can. There's really not much of Little Italy left, but there are a few restaurants that are still good. In the theater district, one of the best buys in Manhattan is the pasta dinner at Becco, which is owned by Lidia Bastianich. All the food is good, but who can beat unlimited pasta?? Only suggestion is if you are not going before a show, go later because it's usually swamped pre-theater time. http://becco-nyc.com/menus/#dinner
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/12/17 10:02 PM

We ate at Felidia, another Lidia Bastianich restaurant in Midtown, a couple of months ago. Great, but pricey.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/14/17 11:18 AM

Fifty NYC, on 50th street by third ave has Terrace rooms.
Posted By: Alfa Romeo

Re: NYC Hotels with balconies - 10/17/17 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: blueracing347
Thanks for the advice TB and Oli. My friend is giving me his apartment in Brooklyn since he'll be gone.

Can anyone recommend a good rooftop bar/ restaurant? Or are they all the same?

Since I won't have a ride from the airport, would I better off flagging a taxi down or arranging transportation from LaGuardia to Brooklyn?

I might be the only poster here who actually works in a hotel.

For a restaurant with an interesting view, try The View in the Marriott Marquis. It rotates.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET