Posted By: that.fat.clemenza

Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 01:06 PM

Here is my list...

1. Rocky IV
2. Rocky III
3. Rocky
4. Rocky II
5. Rocky V

Rocky and Rocky II had too many boring scenes with Rocky and Adrian but the fight scenes were great. Rocky III and IV were mostly action. Rocky V shouldn't have been made (ala Godfather III).
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 01:34 PM

I would rank them pretty much in order - with Rocky 1 the best and 5 the worst. I have the advantage of having seen 1,2, and 3 in the theater and I am guessing that many of the people on this board have not. The music alone was enough to make you want to run the Art Museum steps!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 01:35 PM

Didn't like Rocky V at all. I don't know which # it is off hand but I like the ones where Appollo helps train Rocky& the one where he fights the Russian.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 01:42 PM

I agree pretty much with Don Marco. The first Rocky was wonderful and seeing it at the theater at it's release added to the enjoyment. At the time, it was a unique "human" story when seeing the underdog rise to the top was heartwarming.

I don't know if it's because I am a woman, but I liked the Rocky/Adrian storyline as well in the first one. I think it was necessary to show his personal life/personality as well as his fighting ability.

I too, liked the last one the least, but didn't think it was all that bad. Then again, I'm a Sly fan, so I guess I'm biased in that respect.

And Don Marco's right about the music. The Rocky theme blasting in the theater made everyone feel good!!!

TIS
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 04:18 PM

Mine would go:

1. Rocky IV
2. Rocky III
3. Rocky II
4. Rocky
5. Rocky V

There's no doubt that Rocky IV was the best!
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 06:00 PM

I Like Rocky 4 the best becaues the line from drago " if he dies he dies"
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 06:17 PM

Rocky IV was the best, the training sequence was probably the best part of all the five.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 07:26 PM

Rocky IV
Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky V
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 08:03 PM

1. Rocky IV
2. Rocky III
3. Rocky
4. Rocky II
5. Rocky V

Rocky V was a bad movie, whereas the other were all good. IV is the best. An American and Italian victory over the Russian.
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 08:48 PM

Rocky IV. There's just no beating that soundtrack.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/25/04 11:13 PM

I guess I have an unpopular opinon here but I think it is justified. I just really didn't love Rocky. I and II were alright. I decided against seeing the sequals...

Rocky was an ok picture. It wasn't horrible but it was not a truly great film and I feel it is without a doubt, the most undeserving Oscar Winner ever. It a year with Marty Scosacee's "Taxi Driver" and Sidney Lummet's "Network" in the contending for Oscar gold, it sure as hell beats me, how Rocky could go and win the most presitgious prize.

That is my opinion though. I could be wrong.
Posted By: Freddie C.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 12:29 AM

Rocky (1976)
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 01:04 AM

Definately the first one,the sequals get worse and worse as they go along.
BTW Mike-Slow down next time you type Sco-sause-y's name :p
Posted By: DannyMontana

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 01:49 AM

I don't know my exact order but here it is something close to it.

Rocky IV
Rocky II
Rocky I
Rocky III
Rocky V

As for Rocky V, I don't think it was that bad, but it sure as hell wasn't as good as the rest of the series.

I actually watched Rocky IV today, and after Apollo's fight, a few tears came to my eyes.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 04:49 AM

V? 5 too many if you ask me

Nah, the original is still the best. They got worse with each one, though I liked IV as well.
Posted By: Scarface.1

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 06:07 PM

Rocky II
Rocky
Rocky VI
Rocky III
Rocky V
Posted By: Don Leporeleone

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 06:34 PM

Rocky 3
Rocky 2
Rocky
Rocky 4
Rocky 5

"I'm Gon Torture Him, I'm Gon Crucify Him,Real Bad!"-Mr. T "Rocky III"

I just like Rocky 3 because Mr T does is awesome in it, Hulk Hogan's in it,and Rocky makes an amazing come back, like he always does.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 06:53 PM

1. Rocky
2. Rock IV
3. Rocky II
4. Rocky III
5. Rocky V

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/26/04 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Leporeleone:

I just like Rocky 3 because Mr T does is awesome in it, Hulk Hogan's in it,and Rocky makes an amazing come back, like he always does.
Mr T made part 3 a comedy,and by 3 you get sick of the plot,Rocky wins title,loses title,wins title again. :rolleyes:
Posted By: Don Lights

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/27/04 12:53 AM

My favorite Rocky film is III. I always liked the training sequences in this one. Mr. T also beats the crap out of him in the first match. The song Eye of the Tiger had a huge impact from then on in sports. I thought it was well-done with a great story.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/27/04 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Leporeleone:
[b]

Mr T made part 3 a comedy,and by 3 you get sick of the plot,Rocky wins title,loses title,wins title again. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]He doesn't lose the title or any major fights and make a come back in the first two films, all he basically does is train to fight Apollo, and he does all the stuff with Adrian, but in the first two he never loses and makes a come back. If you wanna get teachnical he did lose the in the first film and come back the second film but that took two movies and he never had the title.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/28/04 01:57 AM

^^^^^^What?!Talk about a lot of words but nothing to say.
SPOILER WARNING(but who hasnt seen Rocky?)
#1-Rocky gets a shot at the title LOSES
#2-Rocky fights Apollo for the title WINS
#3-Rocky LOSES the title at the beginning,then WINS it back at the end.
My point,Rocky the hero,with the exception of #1 and 5,always wins.He has to first lose,or then he would have nothing to fight for and they would have no plot.They should have stopped after 2.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/28/04 02:58 AM

if they stopped after 2 a lot of people wouldn't be happy there are many that think Rocky 4 is the best one (I don't
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/28/04 04:01 PM

Rocky IV is the best, but the beginning is among the cheesiest beginnings of any film, what with the robot and all that nonsense? It was horrible. However, the rest of the film rocked. IV is closed followed by Rocky, then III, then II, and then V.
Posted By: XJimmy the GentX

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/30/04 05:22 AM

I hated Rocky V cuz they totally make him look like a loser. I keep hearing that Rocky 6 is a go now..
Posted By: Blake

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/30/04 10:19 AM

I bought all 5 of them on dvd the other day and I and I think number 4 and 1 are my faves. The same chemistry used in every movie gets old though.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/30/04 10:46 AM

id have to say rocky 3
Posted By: Buttapcanrican

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/30/04 04:37 PM

Rocky 2 was my favorite. Im embarrased to say I have never seen all of Rocky 1.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/30/04 05:09 PM

your not alone i never watched part 1 in full
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/30/04 05:38 PM

The first one is the best, and a great film on its own. My favorite scene - the ice skating rink (2 more minutes!).

Rocky III is also very good, and you have to love Sly and Carl Weathers running on the beach -and the close-ups of those thigh muscles!!

As far as the Rocky theme, did anyone ever read the inside of the original album? There's something in there from Stallone about how he was so afraid that Bill Conti would never capture the passion of his characters properly and be able to put them to music, but then how impressed he was when he first heard it. The last line is, "I should have known better. Bill Conit is, after all, Italian."
Posted By: Raulito

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 08/31/04 04:10 AM

This one time, back in Winter 2002, I was snowed in and there was no school, and I watched Rocky-Rocky V all day. It gets very tiring, but it was a fun thing to do.

1. Rocky III (If you got the Rocky Theme and the Eye of the Tiger, nobody can beat that 1-2 punch)

2. Rocky IV

3. Rocky

4. Rocky II

5. Rocky V
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/05/04 10:17 PM

I know this thread hasn't been touched for 6 months,but wanted to post.

Rocky IV
Rocky III
Rocky II
Rocky V
Rocky I

never seen number 1 in full.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/05/04 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by that.fat.clemenza:
Rocky V shouldn't have been made (ala Godfather III).
As with most long-running-franchises, none of the sequels should have been made. Rocky was the best of the lot, and still is. Although Part IV is personally my favourite to watch, the original is unbeatable in terms of delivery. After that, they just got mundane, repetitive, and cliché-ridden. I hope to God they don't make any more.

Mick
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/06/04 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
Definately the first one,the sequals get worse and worse as they go along.
I agree. Rocky I is the best by far, and Rocky V SUCKS!

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/06/04 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by that.fat.clemenza:
[qb]Rocky V I hope to God they don't make any more.
Mick
i read in empire magazine a few months backs that sly stallone is writing a 6th movie.
Posted By: QTN

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/06/04 10:43 PM

Honestly, the only actual "good" movie in the series is the first one. The rest are rehashing(which occurs with most sequels mind you) garbage. However, ROCKY III is a guilty pleasure of mine(I mean come on, don't f*ck with Mr. T!).

I mean Stallone turned down $150,000(good sum in 1970's money) for the rights to his ROCKY script. In fact, he finally sold the script when a condition was made that HE would be playing the title character, and he only got $23,000 for his acting work.

Anyway, my view is that "Sly" has actually done, from his movies I've seen, only two really good flicks in his career: ROCKY and FIRST BLOOD(which was a pretty thrilling action-adventure ride before the RAMBO sequels became quite stupid, ridiculous, and super-duper-flying-to-the-moon-patriotism).

As for ROCKY VI....from what AICN described what it would be about, it sounds more interesting than I expected. Then again, I won't hold my breath nor care for it.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/06/04 10:44 PM

Correction, Sly has 3rd movie I dig......the classic 1970's B cult movie DEATHRACE 2000. Of course anyone know that Stallone "directed" ROCKY II through IV?

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/06/04 11:27 PM

Not to get off-topic too much, but QTN, I recommend you watch Cop Land (1997/Mangold), which in my opinion shows Stallone's most mature performance to date. As for guilty pleasures, I also love First Blood, as well as Paradise Alley, which he wrote and directed too.

Mick

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 12:00 AM

F*ck! Thanks for mentioning COP LAND Capo since I forgot to list it. Quite a good flick a great Sly performance. Definately the 4th Sly movie I dig.

In retrospect, another Sly movie that hinges on the border of making my list and not is LOCK DOWN which was a pretty thrilling genre-thrill turner, and Donald Sutherland going all slight campy as the villanous prison warden. Good cheap rental or to watch one late night on TBS.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 12:24 AM

QTN, Lock Up is also a guilty pleasure of mine. In fact, I think it was the first film I fell in love with; at one point, it was my favourite flick. Oh how times change.

Getting back onto Rocky, which opponent did everyone think was the best? I have to go with Drago, for sheer enjoyment of watching Rocky persevere and defeat him.

Mick

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 02:45 AM

While I thought it was rehash crud, ROCKY IV has the best villain in Drago. However, my favorite is still CLUBBER LANG. I mean the name....CLUBBER LANG. CLUBBER LANG!!!

But yes, Lang and Drago are top form comic book villanous boxers, with Drago the Ruskie out on top.

However, while I didn't care for ROCKY IV, you know what scene was f&cking stupid? You guessed it.....when Rocky, after victory, gets applause from the Soviet Premier and the audience. WTF?!?!?

Let me tell you, if a Soviet boxer went to Los Angeles and beat up the national hero of a boxer, would the U.S. President stand and applause, followed by the crowds? HELL NO

Stallone wrote good stuff like his original ROCKY script and his action/adventure script for FIRST BLOOD....but ya, he does some rather stupid things sometimes. Just check out STAYING ALIVE sometime...

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 06:15 PM

Drago was awesome, nobody would be able to knock him down.But guess what Rocky does it.
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 06:45 PM

I couldn't pick my favourite Rocky movie as I love them all. I grew up with the Rocky series (my brother took me to see the first one in 1976) and eagerly awaited each one. If I had to pick the best fight in any Rocky movie, it would have to be the rematch in III. Class in a glass, as they say over here

Am I the only person who actually liked Rocky V? OK, the plot is a bit hokey and the likelihood of a televised street fight far-fetched, but Sage Stallone as Rocky's son was excellent in the part and didn't look uncomfortable opposite such heavyweights as our own beloved Talia Shire.

I think there's a Paulie moment in each film, and I'll mention mine here. My favourite Paulie moment is in the first film. He's pissed up and humming "Noel" and he falls into some trash cans. Funny as hell.

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Krendler:

I think there's a Paulie moment in each film, and I'll mention mine here. My favourite Paulie moment is in the first film. He's pissed up and humming "Noel" and he falls into some trash cans. Funny as hell.
What about in Rocky 3 where paulie gets a robot for his birthday.the look on his face
Posted By: Paul Krendler

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 07:01 PM

That was Rocky IV

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Krendler:
That was Rocky IV
course it was Just before aplo kreed gets killed
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Favorite Rocky Movie? - 11/07/04 07:22 PM

well honestly my favourite rocky movie is the first one. but, truthfully, i lost my passion for the rocky movies a while back. i do remember how they did excite me. especially the third one.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET