Home

Obama on Mount Rushmore

Posted By: OakAsFan

Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 06:22 AM

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for or against this. I'm not big on national monuments. They're symbols to me. Nothing more. I'm all about the here and now. But some people do want Obama on Mount Rushmore.

Is there a case?

I'll play devil's advocate and point out a few things.

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The economy started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

2) He killed Bin Laden. Bush couldn't even locate him, and with all of Bush's efforts in Iraq, he'd pretty much let Bin Laden run free. Obama kept the hunt on Bin Laden and eventually got him.

3) First black president. That is a huge accomplishment in a nation with such a history of racism. Think of all the black people in America who never thought they'd see a black president. His election was certainly a magical moment in U.S. history based on that alone.

Again, I'm not for or against Obama on Mount Rushmore. I couldn't care less. Just thought it would make an interesting topic.
Posted By: SoCalGangs

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 06:29 AM

Ben Bernanke's quantitative easing monetary policies are what put the recession to a halt and put the economy on life support. Not Obama.
The QE will eventually lead to a much worse economic collapse in the future but for now we can enjoy the stagnation till that day comes.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 06:33 AM

Maybe. But the facts stand. The economic numbers are quite better today than they were when Obama took office.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 07:05 AM

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for or against this. I'm not big on national monuments. They're symbols to me. Nothing more. I'm all about the here and now. But some people do want Obama on Mount Rushmore.

Is there a case?

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The economy started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

2) He killed Bin Laden. Bush couldn't even locate him, and with all of Bush's efforts in Iraq, he'd pretty much let Bin Laden run free. Obama kept the hunt on Bin Laden and eventually got him.

3) First black president. That is a huge accomplishment in a nation with such a history of racism. Think of all the black people in America who never thought they'd see a black president. His election was certainly a magical moment in U.S. history based on that alone.

Again, I'm not for or against Obama on Mount Rushmore. I couldn't care less. Just thought it would make an interesting topic.

First black President. Get outta here. His dad abandoned him, moved out of country to avoid child support and his white grandparents raised and took care of him. Technically he is half white and half black. America has not elected a truly Black President. Not yet. I hope soon they do. A black Conservative Republican will be a blessing to America.
Posted By: gangstereport

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 08:28 AM

Is there a case?

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The econo
my started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

Obama did not kill Bin Laden if your going to give credit to anyone give it to the CIA he did very little just gave the OK when he got the info they had been looking for him for years it would not have mattered who the president was any presdient who did not give the OK would have been crazy

The whole story about Bin Laden is dodgey anyway I have my doubts about the story I believe the US knew where he was for awhile couldent kill him had to negotiate with Pakasanti government for permission don't believe US just flew in and out undetected

Do agree with your third statement though oak a black man being elected as President of the US is great thing not just for the US but the whole western world
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 10:50 AM

I would like to see his image on Mount Rushmore as a portapotti so if I want to go I can have a place to take a dump. I already have toilet paper with obama image on that.

He is going to have to give a lot of pardons when he leaves office. No one will know it because the press won't leak it except if the go to Mt. Rushmore.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 11:36 AM

I think about the lowest level of Presidential success required would be that when he was done, he was able to hand the office over within his own party. Obama wasn't able to do thst.
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Ben Bernanke's quantitative easing monetary policies are what put the recession to a halt and put the economy on life support. Not Obama.
The QE will eventually lead to a much worse economic collapse in the future but for now we can enjoy the stagnation till that day comes.

100% correct. Inflation is like a compressed bottle.
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 12:57 PM

No.
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: yatescj7

Is there a case?

First black President. Get outta here. His dad abandoned him, moved out of country to avoid child support and his white grandparents raised and took care of him. Technically he is half white and half black. America has not elected a truly Black President. Not yet. I hope soon they do. A black Conservative Republican will be a blessing to America.

wait so obama ain't black but a black republican (uncle tom) is a real black man?

since when are people even considered half black in america?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 04:53 PM

He basically followed the same "too-big-to-fail" bailout policy as his predecessor. The recession had bottomed out by the time he was inaugurated. Recovery growth rates have been slower than after previous recessions. The middle class has continued to lose ground.

Quote:

The hunt for Bin Laden began immediately after 9/11, under Bush. It culminated under Obama. Of course Obama continued the hunt--was he going to let Bin Laden go scot-free?

Quote:

All it proves is that a black president can be just as incompetent as his white predecessor.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 11/30/16 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
No.

And HELL NO!!!!
Posted By: Ciment

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 11:01 AM

Oaks according to you Hillary won the election, so I vote for Hillary to be on Mount Rushmore. The first woman president non elect.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 05:16 PM

Agreed with Yates and TB. I still like Obama as a person but his presidency has been a deception. The documentary the 'Obama Deception' that was made just before or after his inauguration was right on after all.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 05:45 PM

He already got the Nobel Peace Prize and for what???

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 06:34 PM

There were talks of putting G.W. Bush on Rushmore at the end of his presidency, too. If he's qualified, anyone is. lol.

To add insult to injury, inevitably, people will suggest Trump should be on Rushmore. That would be the biggest insult ever to Rushmore's legacy.
Posted By: helenwheels

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 06:38 PM

=
To add insult to injury, inevitably, people will suggest Trump should be on Rushmore.

It will be suggested by Trump himself wink

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 06:44 PM

I think Trump will just go ahead and have it put up there. Then when Hillary wins in 2020, she can hire a special prosecutor to charge him with vandalism.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 08:57 PM

I think Trump will just go ahead and have it put up there. Then when Hillary wins in 2020, she can hire a special prosecutor to charge him with vandalism.

And he will do it under budget smile
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

very good question ! Im at a loss to explain to anyone what Obama did to deserve the nobel prize, putting him in the same category as MLK or nelson mandela, or bishop tutu, it baffles me!
Posted By: Faithful1

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 09:22 PM

It was the first Nobel Peace Prize participation trophy in history.

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

wait so obama ain't black but a black republican (uncle tom) is a real black man?

Why aren't black Democrats Uncle Toms instead of black Republicans?

To your second question, the term used is biracial or mixed. Another word, now obsolete, is mulatto. So half-black half-white or half-anything has been around for hundreds of years.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

It was the first Nobel Peace Prize participation trophy in history.

Why aren't black Democrats Uncle Toms instead of black Republicans?

To your second question, the term used is biracial or mixed. Another word, now obsolete, is mulatto. So half-black half-white or half-anything has been around for hundreds of years.

faithful, giving the nobel to Obama cheapened the award, it never should been awarded to someone who had no reason to receive it.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 10:18 PM

The congressional back caucus refuses to take black congressmen if they are republicans.

That is fucked up by anyone's standards.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 11:32 PM

Yeah, Foots, Trump will have the Carrier workers do it, promise them union scale overtime, then dare them to sue when the checks never show up.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/01/16 11:35 PM

They gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize to calm the right wingers who were labeling him as a Hitler. They wanted Obama to have the reputation as a pacifist peace maker, for his own safety.
Posted By: Ciment

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/02/16 02:56 AM

They gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize to calm the right wingers who were labeling him as a Hitler. They wanted Obama to have the reputation as a pacifist peace maker, for his own safety.

Where do you get this bullshit.
Obama was nominated for the Nobel award 11 days after he took office in 2009.With only 11 days as president how do they know he was a pacifist and we all know now that isn't true; he engaged war in Syria, Libya,Yemen and Afghanistan. He really messed up the middle east.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/02/16 03:51 AM

11 days? It was a few weeks.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 12/02/16 04:56 PM

Then they should have given it to W to calm all the left wingers who were calling him Hitler. Why not give every president the reputation of a pacifist peace maker 11 days or 3 weeks after he (or she) gets into office? Maybe they should have given Saddam Hussein one also to give him the reputation of a pacifist peace maker...maybe even Hitler himself...
Posted By: Don Corpuzzi

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 05:26 AM

I don't think there's any room on Mount Rushmore

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 12:16 PM

For you guys the only reason we went into Libya was a favor to the U.K. Reason they were about to lose their oil there. We should of kept our nose out of there.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Footreads

And he will do it under budget smile

Probably, but that isn't too tough when you don't pay your bills. When the bills come due, just don't pay the full amount and count on the small businesses not being able to afford the costs of pursuing you in court. A tried and true formula for the Trump organization. Or use bankruptcy.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 03:01 PM

You don't know much do you?

You agree to do a job on budget. Then go overbuget he should pay you? You see the govenement pays with tax payer money so they don't give a shit.

You live in NJ right. I can't understand why anyone would wanted to live in NJ.

I have been in NJ now for two days watching my Grandaughter why my daughter is a way on a business trip. Be here to Monday it is like living in Hell.

I go to a restraunt bill was cheap 70 dollars. I leave 140 I thought the girl was going to blow me smile

Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Ciment

Where do you get this bullshit.
Obama was nominated for the Nobel award 11 days after he took office in 2009.With only 11 days as president how do they know he was a pacifist and we all know now that isn't true; he engaged war in Syria, Libya,Yemen and Afghanistan. He really messed up the middle east.

he finished the wars that other United States presidents started. he should get credit for that another than ridicule

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 09:13 PM

he finished the wars that other United States presidents started. he should get credit for that another than ridicule

No previous president started the wars in Libya, Yemen or Syria.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 09:41 PM

No previous president started the wars in Libya, Yemen or Syria.

Did Obama start the war in Libya and Yemen too? You mean by arming the rebels or was there more to it like CIA instigitang it?

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 11:10 PM

USA bombed Libya, Syria, drone attacks in Yemen and Somalia or Sudan, and all under Obama.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/13/17 11:18 PM

You agree to do a job on budget. Then go overbuget he should pay you? You see the govenement pays with tax payer money so they don't give a shit.

I have been in NJ now for two days watching my Grandaughter why my daughter is a way on a business trip. Be here to Monday it is like living in Hell.

I go to a restraunt bill was cheap 70 dollars. I leave 140 I thought the girl was going to blow me smile

I may live in NJ, but that gives me a unique perspective on the Trump business model. A friend of mine had a contract to paint at the Trump Taj Mahal. He finished ahead of schedule and the general contractor signed off that the work was completed on time and met all of the contract requirements. He received a check 3 months later for exactly 50% of what he was owed. He complained and was told his work was substandard. His only recourse was to sue, but the legal fees were going to eat up so much of the remaining 50%, plus the time to fight it meant he would be in court and not painting. He ended up accepting the payment.

There are dozens of similar stories about his business practices - we NJ people are so used to hearing his bluster and then watching him hide behind multiple bankruptcies to avoid his obligations. I will sit back and watch the rest of the country get a dose of his double talk.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 12:29 AM

I wonder if Trump has similar plans for the national debt.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 12:46 AM

USA bombed Libya, Syria, drone attacks in Yemen and Somalia or Sudan, and all under Obama.

Yeah he was pretty aggressive, just not invading countries like his predecessor.

Rick did you hear Tommy of the RD passed away?

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Hollander

Yeah he was pretty aggressive, just not invading countries like his predecessor.

Yes, I heard that. It might explain why he pulled out of RD. Only thing I remember about the guy is that he lived in Las Vegas. Was going to see about meeting up with him, but maybe his health problems prevented that. RIP.
Posted By: Hollander

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Hollander

Yes, I heard that. It might explain why he pulled out of RD. Only thing I remember about the guy is that he lived in Las Vegas. Was going to see about meeting up with him, but maybe his health problems prevented that. RIP.

Yeah and I believe he was a dealer at several casinos in his younger years. I remember him saying Michael Jordan was a generate gambler.
RIP

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Marco

I may live in NJ, but that gives me a unique perspective on the Trump business model. A friend of mine had a contract to paint at the Trump Taj Mahal. He finished ahead of schedule and the general contractor signed off that the work was completed on time and met all of the contract requirements. He received a check 3 months later for exactly 50% of what he was owed. He complained and was told his work was substandard. His only recourse was to sue, but the legal fees were going to eat up so much of the remaining 50%, plus the time to fight it meant he would be in court and not painting. He ended up accepting the payment.

There are dozens of similar stories about his business practices - we NJ people are so used to hearing his bluster and then watching him hide behind multiple bankruptcies to avoid his obligations. I will sit back and watch the rest of the country get a dose of his double talk.

So your friend does his own painting no employees of his do the painting for him? I have employees so I don't have to do this things myself. The difference with me is I pay up scale. Plus if a job was not done right they would never work for me again. Maybe your friend is right and the job was done right, and the trump organization just decided not to pay that would piss me if off as well, but I don't believe what you said. But if it did happen to me the trump people who did it better move where I could not find them or they might disappear some day. So if your friend got fucked he would just sue but can't sue he would just let it go? You need better friends.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 09:34 AM

I needed new windows so I got a contractor to do it for me. The same guy I used to put in a new roof for me when the storm Irene hit. The one before Sandy.

They bought all the windows and delivered them to my house. I gave them a lot of up front money more then most would give them in advance.

I get back home I went away the windows were not only not changed, but the new ones were gone. His workers took them and I did not get my money back. I called his place of business gone. I call his house no answer.

He thought he would stiff me, but why I didn't fuck him. I found out he had a gambling problem. The guy that recommended him knew he was divorced from his wife. I knew he had family we talked about his kids. He knew where his wife and kids lived. I asked him where they lived he did not want to tell me. Then later changed his mind I had her telephone number and her address. So I did not calll, but paid her a visit.

It took a few weeks but I got the money back from him plus a few extra bucks interest.

Most people pay eventually when they have a family unless they don't care about them.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 10:07 AM

On living in New Jersey my daughters boy friend has all these gismos inside the house. To complicated for my brain to handle. Any one buy this shit he has a sauna inside the house a small one.

I sat in it to get away from the wife for a while. I just turned the light on but did not start it.

Then he has this thing. You stand on it and it shakes the crap out of you. He had it on standing on it the fucking house shook. I thought we were having an earth quake.

He told me they have them in the NFL training rooms. Now they run about 10 thousand dollars and that they used to call 25 thousand when they first come out.

I trained soccer players never saw this shit and shake for what?

He actually sells shit like this. I said what age people by this shit. He told me 20s to older then I am. I am in my mid 70s but in my head I am in my twenties. I would never buy any of his shit. He told me the sauna used to sell 6 million dollars a year.

I have toys in my house but none of that shit.

I am pretty sure I stood on the shaking machine I would be dead in an hour using it.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/14/17 10:21 AM

Get this my grand daughter has an event in her school. Where they dress up as relatively famous people. They tell people facts about the famous people. Then later they sign autographs for the listeners in the famous persons name?

I know it confused me at first.

I actually was entertained by it. One girl was dressed like mother Teresa. One was supposed to be obamas wife. You did not have to be the same sex as the person they were pretending to be. One was Martin Luther King etc etc etc.

My grand daughter played a black trumpet player.

Got to tell you they all were great especially the extrovert kids.

The introvert kids did not have many people around them. But they got better once someone ask them to speak on the person they were dressed to be.

That I liked it was fun.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/16/17 12:05 AM

Right, but he did that after the wars were already started by the rebels. I think it's impossible for a US president to not a have some kind of a war somewhere nowadays, because the war machine needs to keep running. It's become a trend.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/16/17 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Marco

So your friend does his own painting no employees of his do the painting for him? I have employees so I don't have to do this things myself. The difference with me is I pay up scale. Plus if a job was not done right they would never work for me again. Maybe your friend is right and the job was done right, and the trump organization just decided not to pay that would piss me if off as well, but I don't believe what you said. But if it did happen to me the trump people who did it better move where I could not find them or they might disappear some day. So if your friend got fucked he would just sue but can't sue he would just let it go? You need better friends.

You don't believe me? I need better friends? You make fun of a relatively new company owner (back in the early 1990s) because he worked along side his employees? Why, to deflect from the shady and documented business practices of Trump?

I do admit - he needed to be smarter about who he accepted jobs from. Luckily for him, Trump's multiple failures in NJ meant he didn't have to deal with him anymore.

The Trump people, if they screwed you, would have to move or you would make them disappear? I'm sure they would cower in fright at the prospect of dealing with your wrath.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/22/17 08:49 PM

But if it did happen to me the trump people who did it better move where I could not find them or they might disappear some day.

LOL!

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/22/17 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Right, but he did that after the wars were already started by the rebels. I think it's impossible for a US president to not a have some kind of a war somewhere nowadays, because the war machine needs to keep running. It's become a trend.

Except that we absolutely didn't need to get involved in Libya, much more than the rest. Gaddafi had already given up his country's WMDs. Some think that because he was actively trying to create an African alliance and monetary system to rival the EU that Obama/Clinton undermined him so he'd be killed.

They also supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt -- now declared a terrorist organization by several Middle Eastern countries, including Egypt. Once the Obama/Clinton-supported Muslim Brotherhood took over it implemented Sharia and attacks on Christians skyrocketed, including murders and church burnings. Egypt's economy was going down the tank. That's why the military took matters in it's own hands and overthrew the MB. Meanwhile, the Islamist radicals inspired by their success in Egypt destroyed Libya, which is now partially controlled by ISIS. None of this is defensible.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/22/17 09:44 PM

None of this is defensible.

Or believable.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/22/17 09:55 PM

Or believable.

Thus speaks the voice of massive ignorance.
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/22/17 10:10 PM

US should never have gotten involved with Arab spring

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/22/17 10:19 PM

Or believable.

Thus speaks the voice of massive ignorance.

Back up every single point you made in that last comment about the Muslim Brotherhood with verifiable sources that aren't from some right wing website. I'll wait.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/23/17 03:54 AM

Are you going to pay me to do your homework? There's something called a search engine that's good at finding things. All you need are some thingamajigs called "keywords." Google is a good search engine. BTW, what do you consider "right wing"? Is it everything to the right of The Daily Worker?
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/26/17 06:13 AM

Is there a case?

Why would a black Republican be considered an Uncle Tom?

The party who opposed and fought to end slavery?

Why would a black man support the party of the KKK, aka The Democratic Party. A party who to this day practice 'the bigotry of low expectations' to manipulate minority voters, treating black people like children or pets.

A party who destroyed black communities through the creation of the welfare state, keeping poor blacks dependent on the state without ever attempting to meaningfully improve their circumstances.

Do you ever wonder why all the sh1thole cities in America have majority Democrat councils?

Stop being used by these people. Start reading great black political authors such as Thomas Sowell.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/27/17 10:23 PM

Sowell is a well known right wing hack.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/27/17 11:56 PM

Calling him a hack doesn't undo or refute all of his great lifes's work.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 01:16 AM

It certainly puts his credibility into question.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 01:25 AM

Name calling, labeling and smearing doesn't hurt his credibility.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 01:57 AM

Being a right wing hack does.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 02:53 AM

Being a right wing hack does.

Not as much as being a left wing hack.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 03:03 AM

At least the left wing hacks are telling the truth.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 03:17 AM

At least the left wing hacks are telling the truth.

Only "alternative truth" ROFL.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 03:23 AM

oak do you dislike people who do not have the same political opinions as you?

I am friends with people who are left wing others who are right I don't care everyone has the right to have there own opinion as long as they do not try to force there own political agenda on me I don't mind what people believe

remember oak its healthy for there to be a opposition if everyone believed in the same political ideology it would be a disaster

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 03:41 AM

Only a lunatic would call Thomas Sowell a hack. actually he's the furthest thing from a "hack." Even where I disagree with Sowell, always worth a read. Excellent author.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: gangstereport
if everyone believed in the same political ideology it would be a disaster

Not if the ideology is effective.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 03:58 AM

Anyone who has a column routinely published in the New York Post is a right wing hack. Period. The right loves to recruit black writers like Sowell to discredit black writers who identify racial and social injustices.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 04:02 AM

But that's all you can do. Attack the publishers. Not the arguments.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 04:11 AM

The arguments have no credibility.

Looking at a dumpster fire and saying "liberals caused this" is not an argument. It's more of a distraction. Writers like Sowell do this for a living. That's why they're published in right wing rags like the NY Post, which endorsed Donald Trump.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 05:47 AM

Your entire post is a garbage hack job. That's the irony. Filth.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 05:52 AM

Lol a man that spent his life presenting material with careful research, good citations, mountains of facts, excellent writing and story telling to illustrate his arguments, well respected by many other intellectuals that even have major disagreements with him, suddenly has no credibility because OakAsFan, the genius intellectual powerhouse has spoken. Yeah okay.
Like a child punching air and saying he knocked out Mike Tyson.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 05:56 AM

I've got news for you. The NY Post does not publish op eds that are carefully researched, have good citations, mountains of facts, excellent writing and storytelling to illustrate its arguments. They publish right wing spin, which is what Sowell has been involved in most of his career. Sorry if you can't grasp it.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 06:43 AM

His columns were syndicated. So I guess the NY post happened to be one place where he was published. So to me, your point is irrelevant. I don't read the NY post and never read his stuff through them. They're lucky they could publish him though.

But I was speaking more towards the books he's wrriten, not his syndicated columns, which are probably worth reading too.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 01:20 PM

that's the problem oak though which ideology is correct? I don't think any ideology works all of them have advantages and disadvantages even you must be able to see that oak. Also If everyone believed the same ideology then it would allow ruling government to abuse there power because there would be no one offering an opposite point of view its good for there to be choice.

I don't mind people having different opinions to me its a democracy its a good thing to be able to debate and consider other views even if we don't agree with it. I don't agree with some stuff you say oak but I respect the point your making. I don't know why you seem to have a problem with everyone that does not think the same way also your not always right lol you seem so sure in your ideology when people on the left do something which is wrong do you call them out for it? I consider myself to be more to the left but if a left wing politician does something wrong I would call him out just like I would with a right wing
Posted By: thedudeabides87

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/28/17 10:01 PM

National syndication is a right wing conspiracy

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/30/17 02:41 AM

Here's a quick lesson for SoCalGangs and Dude, the way syndication works is that papers publish syndicated columns BY CHOICE. NY Post is a right wing rag that supported Donald Trump, and they publish the hack Sowell, by choice, routinely, because his spin suits their agenda. Hope that helps.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/30/17 02:42 AM

that's the problem oak though which ideology is correct? I don't think any ideology works all of them have advantages and disadvantages even you must be able to see that oak. Also If everyone believed the same ideology then it would allow ruling government to abuse there power because there would be no one offering an opposite point of view its good for there to be choice.

I don't mind people having different opinions to me its a democracy its a good thing to be able to debate and consider other views even if we don't agree with it. I don't agree with some stuff you say oak but I respect the point your making. I don't know why you seem to have a problem with everyone that does not think the same way also your not always right lol you seem so sure in your ideology when people on the left do something which is wrong do you call them out for it? I consider myself to be more to the left but if a left wing politician does something wrong I would call him out just like I would with a right wing

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/30/17 03:23 AM

Here's a quick lesson for SoCalGangs and Dude, the way syndication works is that papers publish syndicated columns BY CHOICE. NY Post is a right wing rag that supported Donald Trump, and they publish the hack Sowell, by choice, routinely, because his spin suits their agenda. Hope that helps.

Guilt by association huh? That's it?

Well, at least Sowell remained very critical of Trump throughout the entire election and has said We'd be better off with Trump being president only because he'll be much easier to impeach. Which is true.
Idk, I've never read the NY post but glade to know they're willing to publish a column of a guy that wasn't a big supporter of Trump.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 01/30/17 03:50 AM

OakAsFan is right folks. That's how syndication works. So if a paper publishes a column by Paul Krugman, Molly Ivins, or Noam Chomsky, then you know that paper is a far left-wing rag that supported Hillary Clinton, and since they are far left-wing rags you know that the columns they publish are by hacks who spin to suit their agendas. Hope that helps.
Posted By: sbhc

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 02/04/17 06:51 AM

Listen Oak I'm Irish, we were told to look up to the Kennedy family and the Democratic Party.

On further study I found the Kennedy's to be the most vile and corrupt family in the history of the US. They're a bunch of liars,cheats and killers. A dangerous breed.

The Democratic Party seems to be full of these deplorables. They support every degenerate cause going, the one which really boils my blood is transgenderism.

My 21 year cousin was mentally ill, he suffered from what is known as Gender Identity Disorder. He went through this Frankenstein sh1t to his body and then he hanged himself. Instead of encouraging his family to get him help they encouraged us to enable his mental illness.

His blood is on their liberal hands. He went to Hell because of these bastards. I will go to Hell to make sure that they pay for what they did to that boy.
Posted By: yatescj7

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 02/04/17 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: sbhc
Listen Oak I'm Irish, we were told to look up to the Kennedy family and the Democratic Party.

On further study I found the Kennedy's to be the most vile and corrupt family in the history of the US. They're a bunch of liars,cheats and killers. A dangerous breed.

The Democratic Party seems to be full of these deplorables. They support every degenerate cause going, the one which really boils my blood is transgenderism.

My 21 year cousin was mentally ill, he suffered from what is known as Gender Identity Disorder. He went through this Frankenstein sh1t to his body and then he hanged himself. Instead of encouraging his family to get him help they encouraged us to enable his mental illness.

His blood is on their liberal hands. He went to Hell because of these bastards. I will go to Hell to make sure that they pay for what they did to that boy.

To this day the Democratic Party mentally enslaves blacks to vote for them. Abe Lincoln was Republican. Democratic Party members started the KKK. LBJ takes credit for the Civil Rights Bill but he opposed it for years and only signed off on it, it was formed and written by a Republican. Blacks were wrongfully physically enslaved for decades and now they have been mentally enslaved for about 2 decades. Look on Youtube. Voter ID Laws to see what the Liberal Dems think about black people. they think they don't know where the DMV is and don't have access to WI-FI. That is whats really racist. Black People are smart, they damn well know where the DMV is and most of the have WIFI. They are just as smart as whites. Only problem is that them and guilt ridden whites view them as victims. I view them as equals. I always have.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 03/09/17 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: sbhc

My condolences about your cousin. I also wish she would have gotten more support from her extended family.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 03/09/17 02:35 AM

You'll have to excuse me now, everyone, I have lots of black people to mentally enslave so that they vote Democrat.
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 03/22/17 04:57 AM

Well fuck, I don't need to post now. You said everything I was going to say!! clap

Some say Bill Clinton was our first Black President.. grin
Posted By: U talkin' da me ??

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore - 03/22/17 05:08 AM

Originally Posted By: helenwheels
=
To add insult to injury, inevitably, people will suggest Trump should be on Rushmore.

It will be suggested by Trump himself wink

Really, Mt. Rushmore doesn't stir the kind of emotion and reverence for me that something like the Lincoln Memorial does...

Trump wouldn't want to share the Rushmore monument with anyone... Why would he, when he could design a better Memorial just for himself, to be in Wash., D.C. It could be built on the site of one of the Federal Agencies he's eventually going to delete.
It should come with it's own built in detention center, for those that get caught trying to deface it.

Obama, the first half-black closet Muslim U.S. President. I think that monument should go somewhere East of the United States... smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET