Home

The Bronx at 149th st.

Posted By: jasonSP

The Bronx at 149th st. - 07/13/15 12:43 AM

just curious how the station has changed over the years?

Re: The Bronx at 149th st. - 07/13/15 12:57 AM

The reason I ask is because I used to skate in downtown Manhattan and write graff all over the city. But my favorite spot was going into the bx because a lot of guys were shook I went with but I loved it.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: The Bronx at 149th st. - 07/13/15 01:07 AM

Originally Posted By: jasonSP
The reason I ask is because I used to skate in downtown Manhattan and write graff all over the city. But my favorite spot was going into the bx because a lot of guys were shook I went with but I loved it.

138th to 149th, East of Park Avenue, encompasses THE poorest zip codes in the United States. And if it wasn't for Lincoln Hospital, the traffic it brings in, and the revenue that it generates for some poor locals who work there in menial positions (porters, etc.), the area would be a disaster area all together.

Tiny history lesson: That area was heavily Jewish and Italian many, many years ago. Lots of private houses. When Lincoln Hospital came in and paid some of those owners three times what their homes were worth, it enabled them to "move on up." Life is timing.

But today? There's tons of foot traffic during the day, so it's safe enough to walk. But I wouldn't walk that neighborhood after dark on a bet. And I'm licensed to carry a firearm lol.

Re: The Bronx at 149th st. - 07/13/15 01:33 AM

Thank you sir. For the input. I'm back in philly now but going to take pics next week when I get a chance I'll. prob go all over the bx and try to catch some bk lines as well
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET