Home

Tax Day

Posted By: klydon1

Tax Day - 04/15/14 01:13 PM

It's the 15th. Everybody's taxes done? And does anybody have any special plans on spending/saving his or her tax refund?
Posted By: NNY78

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 01:18 PM

Got my refund on February 19th, the wife spent it the next day on the house, I did get a meal out of it though lol
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 01:53 PM

They were efiled a short time ago. Thank God for my tax guy. He comes to the house to pick our stuff up and even drops it off afterwards. And plans? Tuition payments. At least one of the kids is graduating this year!!
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
They were efiled a short time ago. Thank God for my tax guy. He comes to the house to pick our stuff up and even drops it off afterwards. And plans? Tuition payments. At least one of the kids is graduating this year!!

American Education Services are they a non-profit?
Posted By: goombah

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Salute! Well done SB and family!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 03:29 PM

What refund? Had to pay in. UGH!!
Did it snow in PA today Kly?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: goombah
Salute! Well done SB and family!

Thanks! One down, one to go!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 04:44 PM

Had mine done n Feb. and received my refunds within two weeks. Less a couple minor expenses, I just put most of it in the bank.

smile

TIS
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Tax Day - 04/15/14 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Had mine done n Feb. and received my refunds within two weeks.

smile

TIS

Same here TIS. I do mine on Turbo Tax. Nothing complicated. Got a nice refund. I've been laid off for a month. Comes in handy.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14 09:56 AM

Not a problem for us Brits. The government just help themselves to our wages before we get any to fill their coffers!!

Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Not a problem for us Brits. The government just help themselves to our wages before we get any to fill their coffers!!

Here too for most of us. After deductions, exemptions and credits from the yearly tax returns, the IRS gives a chunk of it back. And if your last name is Trump or Romney, you get a larger percentage back.

Our refunds have been increased due to paying college tuition, so I'm sure we'll use a chunk of the refund to pay some tuition, like SB, next semester. I always have let my wife decide how to use the refund. This year she's using some of it to buy furniture for the house, and what's not used for tuition, I'm hoping she dumps into a growth fund.

We've used the same accountant for over twenty years.

Re: Tax Day - 04/16/14 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
What refund? Had to pay in. UGH!!
Did it snow in PA today Kly?

I think it did in western PA and I know it did along the northern/northeastern tier as friends in Scranton actually had to shovel out driveways with a couple of inches. The. Here it was just cold and at about 8 pm the rain turned into sleet and there were quite a few accidents from icy patches on the roads.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET