Home

Happy New Year BBers!!

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 04:08 PM

Happy New Year to one and all. Have a great time and all the best for 2014 cool
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 04:14 PM

Thank you Yogi and Happy New Year to you as well. smile Any special plans? Nothing special for me except maybe going out to dinner.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!! smile

TIS

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 04:16 PM

Pub for a couple of drinks shortly TIS and then home to see it in with the family. Nothing wild this year, I will leave that to my kinsfolk up in Scotland. They will be Hogmanay-ing themselves stupid I imagine lol
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 04:43 PM

Happy New Year to all!

No special plans for me. My daughter is having a party with several friends from school, so I'll be staying home to make sure nothing bad happens. I'll be watching the football games and the Twilight Zone marathon while drinking tea and reading Dostoevsky. And actually looking forward to it.

My wife will be at a friend's house for a while, but she doesn't usually make it to midnight and will probably be home around ten. My sons have parties to attend, so I won't see them til tomorrow.

And tomorrow will be devoted to making pork and sauerkraut, mashed potyatoes, broccoli and carrots, all in heaping amounts.

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Happy New Year to all!

No special plans for me. My daughter is having a party with several friends from school, so I'll be staying home to make sure nothing bad happens. I'll be watching the football games and the Twilight Zone marathon while drinking tea and reading Dostoevsky. And actually looking forward to it.

My wife will be at a friend's house for a while, but she doesn't usually make it to midnight and will probably be home around ten. My sons have parties to attend, so I won't see them til tomorrow.

And tomorrow will be devoted to making pork and sauerkraut, mashed potyatoes, broccoli and carrots, all in heaping amounts.

All sounds good (especially the heaping portions part) lol except for the sauerkraut. I love mashed potyatoes tho. wink

I'm watching the Walking Dead marathon (or at least some of it). smile

TIS
Posted By: SC

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 05:34 PM

My plans are to drive to klydon's tomorrow and help him eat all that food. smile

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 12/31/13 05:36 PM

SC,

Will you swing by my place and pick me up. It's not too far out of your way. lol I'll bring the beer.

TIS
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/01/14 05:32 AM

Happy New Year, everyone! Let's hope that '14 is a happier, healthier, more prosperous, fun and safe year than lucky '13!

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/01/14 05:37 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Let's hope that '14 is a happier, healthier, more prosperous, fun and safe year than lucky '13!

Amen!!! clap
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/01/14 10:30 AM

Happy New Year everyone..Peace and Love to all.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/01/14 10:22 PM

Happy New Year!!!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/02/14 01:46 AM

Happy...happy..hap, what is it? Oh, yeah New Something..YEAR. Holy Schistinheimer. Another year older deeper in debt, St Peter don't you ..do something...I owe my soul to the company Store.

Kly, I was up the valley. Got home this afternoon. Set a new record for Vodka consumption. A lot. Had some Porketta last night. Yummy.

Peace to all.

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/02/14 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
My plans are to drive to klydon's tomorrow and help him eat all that food. smile

:)Still plenty left over. I made a ton of sauerkraut with the pork, so I'll add some kielbasa to it today. I didn't eat yesterday until the early dinner around 2:00, so I went after it ravenously. I got a little drowsy during the Rose Bowl.

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/02/14 03:33 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Kly, I was up the valley. Got home this afternoon. Set a new record for Vodka consumption. A lot. Had some Porketta last night. Yummy.

Peace to all.

I was in Pittston and Dunmore over Christmas. Setting the vodka consumption record in the Happy Valley is certainly a feat to be honored. My brother-in-law makes a famous porketta, which is a common staple at graduation parties throughout Luzerne County. Eating pork on New Year's Day is supposed to bring you luck throughout the year. But how lucky is it for the pig?

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/03/14 02:10 PM

Made the usual resolution to swear less. Lasted till about ten am when middle son Andrew asked what my resolution was whilst putting his top on(he is prone to wandering around the house barechested)whilst standing right next to me. As I told him it was to swear less he proceeded to punch me in the eye, to which I said something along the lines of "f***s sake son!!!"

Another resolution turns to shit lol

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/03/14 02:12 PM

Well, you got through two whole days, Yogi. clap

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/03/14 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Well, you got through two whole days, Yogi. clap

No, that was ten am on New Years Day SC... uhwhat
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/03/14 03:01 PM

Nice one Yogi..Mine was to quite smoking but forgot i made the resolution,maybe next year.. whistle
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/06/14 05:56 PM

May 2014 be the year civility and creativity return to the Boards.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/06/14 06:04 PM

Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Happy New Year BBers!! - 01/06/14 06:05 PM

^^^^^^^^ Just kidding...i hope everyone here has a great year. cool
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET