Home

John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone

Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/03/13 11:40 PM

Hi people! I have the last album of John Fogerty! Its awsome, he is now 68 and still rocking with power! There are many guest on that album, there are 2 new brand songs and CCR songs like "Fortunate Son"(with Foo Fighters), "Born on the bayou" (with Kid Rock), "Who`ll stop the rain?" (With Bob Seeger) and a couple of song of his solo career! BUY IT!!!
Posted By: flattax

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 01:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up! Love Foo Fighters!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 01:44 AM

Thanks Pappo. I always liked Fogerty's distinctive voice and the sound of CCR. Good match up with Bob Seger too IMHO.

smile

TIS
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 01:49 AM

I used to listen to CCR all the time growing up, great band. It's a shame what happened between the brothers but it's good to hear John doing the old stuff. He's a great song writer imho.

"Who`ll stop the rain?" was one of my favorites, looking forward to hearing him and Bob Seeger sing it. Fortunate Son with the Foo Fighters should be pretty good too.

Thanks Don Pappo.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 02:04 AM

I always liked "Who'll Stop The Rain" & "Lodi."

When I was young one particular club young people would go to always played "Susie Q" at midnight (the long version which was what? 8-10 minutes?). Dance floor would be packed. smile

Proud Mary is a good song but too over played IMHO.,

smile

TIS

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 11:29 AM

This is the album, of course, it doesnt sound as you would buy it. It has some radio station stuff. But it gives you an idea.

"Wrote a song for everyone" with Miranda Lambert and Tom Morello(Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave)

"Who`ll stop the rain?" with Bob Seger.

"Proud Mary" with Jennifer Hudson.

"Almost Saturday Night" with Keith Urban.

"Fortunate Son" with Foo Fighters.

John talks about his album.

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: flattax
Thanks for the heads up! Love Foo Fighters!

"Fortunate Son" blew my head away!!! You better listen to this version! It will blow yours away too!!!

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 11:36 AM

I share my birhtday with John Fogerty, May 28th!!! I have all CCR and John Fogerty solo CDS. I saw him live 2 years ago when he came to Argentina! I am 33 now, but I remeber listening "Travelin` Band" when I was 12, my first song of CCR. My father lived the CCR era, but now I am on it!!! HAHAHA. Since I listened CCR for the very first time I got in a "no way back mental illness"!!! HAHAHHA!!!!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: John Fogerty`s Wrote a song for everyone - 06/04/13 10:19 PM

Keep On Rockin' In the Free World

Keith Urban and John Fogerty at 2012, MusicCares tribute to Neil Young. This rocks. I love the drummer. Urban and Fogerty a great.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET