Home

Explosion At Boston Marathon!

Posted By: Camarel

Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 07:23 PM

Just heard this not much has been said about it yet could only find this - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15/exp...spokesman-says/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22160691

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 07:42 PM

Here's a link with pictures and a video - http://news.sky.com/story/1078597/explosions-at-boston-marathon-many-injured
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 07:50 PM

I'm about 20 minutes south of Boston and i just heard about this from a facebook post.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 07:55 PM

Here's a video of the explosion frown - http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/...n-marathon?lite
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:03 PM

God only knows who did this. I'm calling it now- al Qaeda. Those poor souls down in Boston, my heart goes out to them. I was just in Boston last Friday

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
God only knows who did this. I'm calling it now- al Qaeda. Those poor souls down in Boston, my heart goes out to them. I was just in Boston last Friday

There's not any news yet on who did it but i'm guessing a domestic terrorist for some reason i guess we'll just have to wait and see. Very grim stuff frown

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:08 PM

I doubt it was al Qaeda, they would of done somethin alot bigger, but definitely some nut jobs.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:10 PM

The Boston police have announced 23 injured 2 dead so far - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/15/boston-marathon-explosion-live

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:13 PM

Supposedly, according to the local news, BPD did a controlled detonation near the library so they may have found a third bomb.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:17 PM

Police apparently found multiple devices since those ones went off, apparently they were small homemade ones.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:28 PM

BREAKING: Intelligence official: 2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:45 PM

New York Post posted saying 12 dead 50 injured, thats a bit of an exaggeration from what they're reporting here, supposedly though they have a suspect in the bombing and that person is wounded at the hospital and is being guarded, haven't heard about that yet locally though.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:47 PM

The Boston Globe is now saying 2 dead 64 wounded.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:49 PM

Confused reports of a fire at the John F Kennedy Library in Boston. The library has confirmed there were flames in what appears to be the mechanical room of one of its new buildings but says: "Any tie to Boston Marathon explosions is pure speculation".

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Confused reports of a fire at the John F Kennedy Library in Boston. The library has confirmed there were flames in what appears to be the mechanical room of one of its new buildings but says: "Any tie to Boston Marathon explosions is pure speculation".
Yep they aren't sure if its tied to this one or not, theyre showing a press conference right now with boston fire department and the governor .
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:51 PM

How awful, just goes to show that your not safe anywhere..

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:52 PM

This link - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/15/boston-marathon-explosion-live has aerial footage from the scene showing the aftermath.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 08:57 PM

this link here has footage of the first explosion going off http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51546956#51546956

NY post is saying that the suspect is a saudi national, yet the boston police commissioner is saying they don't have any suspects yet, he thinks that the JFK library explosion is related.
Posted By: Danito

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:00 PM

I'm a Marathon runner too.
How terrible to know that there are people who take an event like this as a target!
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:06 PM

WTF?! mad frown

My sincerest condolences go out to the families and friends of those injured and killed in this senseless and horrific act.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:10 PM

They shut down cell phone service in the Boston area to prevent any accidental detonation.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
this link here has footage of the first explosion going off http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51546956#51546956

NY post is saying that the suspect is a saudi national, yet the boston police commissioner is saying they don't have any suspects yet, he thinks that the JFK library explosion is related.

That video is terrifying uhwhat
Posted By: SC

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:18 PM

I was going to be happy to report that our own marathoner, krlea, completed the race (in an excellent time - sub 2:50). She's one of the top finishing women!! She posted on Facebook that she's OK, and so are her own friends, but she doesn't have any real news about what is happening now.

What a sick fucking world we live in!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:18 PM

I just found out that two of my aunt's cousins were helping out that the finish line when the explosion occured, and she can't get ahold of them. I am hoping they are okay, and that it is simply the backed up phone lines and cell signals that are keeping them out of contact. frown

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:19 PM

SWAT has someone held at gun point near Tufts medical center but there isn't much being said about it right now.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
I was going to be happy to report that our own marathoner, krlea, completed the race (in an excellent time - sub 2:50). She's one of the top finishing women!! She posted on Facebook that she's OK, and so are her own friends, but she doesn't have any real news about what is happening now.

What a sick fucking world we live in!

Congrats! It's sad this horrible shit has taken away from her and all the other runners achievments.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:24 PM

The Boston Globe is reporting a much higher injury count. They report that more than 100 people are being treated for injuries, citing local hospitals.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:24 PM

This is looking more like domestic terrorism than foreign, but nobody knows yet. The fact that today is tax day in the U.S. might even be a factor. Who knows what drives some sick people.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:26 PM

Some frightening footage of the spectators looking towards the first explosion as the second blast went off. - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9996363/Boston-Marathon-bombing-live.html

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:30 PM

BPD officer says devices that exploded were in mailboxes. FBI are sweeping all nearby cars with bomb sniffing dogs.
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:31 PM

Bad timing for a joke or right-wing point or whatever Jennifer Rubin was trying to make.

Quote:
Not writing on Boston. It is a local crime story for now.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:40 PM

The Boston Globe is reporting a much higher injury count. They report that more than 100 people are being treated for injuries, citing local hospitals.
All the news outlets are still only saying 23 injured.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:41 PM

I am actually just NOW tuning in and hearing about this explosion/s. Don't know any details yet. How horrible. frown

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:46 PM

Channel 7 news is saying that they may of found something under the grandstand as well. whats terrible is that the families of some of the kids killed in the Newtown shooting were in the VIP section when the bombs went off.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:54 PM

I don't know when this started but I feel so behind. There's a total of 3 bombs then? What a shame. frown I hear President Obama to speak at 6:15.

I also read they had a suspect in custody? Anyone know for sure? AND, is it domestic terror?????

TIS
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:57 PM

Really fucked up. I don't understand these idiots blowing up innocent people who are not on the blame for anything but just living their normal life...

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 09:59 PM

According to the press conference, the mayor says so far they have not linked the explosion at the JFK library to these other two.

smile
TIS

Also the mayor says there is NO suspect in custody so those reports are false. Geez, the media is so damn anxious to report. Get the facts first. rolleyes

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I don't know when this started but I feel so behind. There's a total of 3 bombs then? What a shame. frown I hear President Obama to speak at 6:15.

I also read they had a suspect in custody? Anyone know for sure? AND, is it domestic terror?????

TIS
The first bomb went off about 2:50pm eastern. The JFK library one is now believed to just be a fire and not related to the two bombs.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:02 PM

Thanks SF. I'm watching the coverage now and it's so amazing. What a horror.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:04 PM

No problem, my cousin lives in that general area though i'm not sure exactly where. Supposedly they were cuffing someone in the boston common area and theyre questioning people but no suspects yet.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:07 PM

Reports coming in that they found an UN-detonated bomb at a church near Boston College.

This is both sick and sad.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:08 PM

DC, where's that report from? Haven't heard about that yet on the local news stations.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:10 PM

I'm also hearing on MSNBC that they found two undetonated bombs.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:11 PM

Yea TIS, those two they disarmed, just read the FBI is classing it a terrorist attack.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:15 PM

Memo to the news networks: REPORT THE NEWS, don't fucking speculate and report that as "news," which then you have to cram developments to fit into that box.

Whatever, and whoever, was behind all this will be revealed and in due time.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:16 PM

The only news places that i've seen report a who was the NY post, which i don't understand why they'd even post that or about 12 dead, only 2 have been reported killed.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:19 PM

The only news places that i've seen report a who was the NY post, which i don't understand why they'd even post that or about 12 dead, only 2 have been reported killed.

Because it's the NY Post. The paper is a joke.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:21 PM

ny daily news says that no suspects have been arrested yet. Police might just have arrested a few poeple they felt were acting suspicious or something after the blast which is understandable if they have found more undetonated ones.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:22 PM

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
ny daily news says that no suspects have been arrested yet. Police might just have arrested a few poeple they felt were acting suspicious or something after the blast which is understandable if they have found more undetonated ones.
Police haven't said they've arrested anyone.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Memo to the news networks: REPORT THE NEWS, don't fucking speculate and report that as "news," which then you have to cram developments to fit into that box.

Whatever, and whoever, was behind all this will be revealed and in due time.

Since the Newtown tragedy I take every bit of news with a grain of salt. This just reminds me of the London bombings back in '07 and in a couple of days will be the anniversary of the OKC bombings.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:26 PM

Jesus H. Christ. Do we really need pictures of people with their legs blown off in here? Unbelievable.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:26 PM

Heart-wrenching picture. frown They were talking to a spectator who said that he saw a lot of severed limbs. If that's so, I suspect, the deaths/injuries will be very high.

Also, no prior threats were received prior to the marathon. I can't imagine how horrified these people must be.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:28 PM

I heard the report of the arrest too but you're right Boston Mayor said NO arrests have been made. Our media is reporting off the cuff it seems. rolleyes

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:31 PM

and THIS is fuckin sickening.

Quote:
Westboro Baptist @WBCSays 1h

Thank God for the Boston Marathon Bombs! Praise God Almighty for the outpouring of His perfect & just wrath!! #WBCToPicket #Magormissabib

BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER FAG MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Jesus H. Christ. Do we really need pictures of people with their legs blown off in here? Unbelievable.

Yea, wasn't expecting that. If anybody post any graphic pics please put a spoiler. That way those who don't want to see the pics don't have to.
Posted By: Mark

I just heard that there were a lot of the parents and family of Sandy Hook school shooting survivors in Boston as guests of the local government. Wow...

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:33 PM

I heard that as well Mark.

The runners & people there are getting high praise for running to help others.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:34 PM

Btw, do we have any BBers from Boston? I can't think of any offhand.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:35 PM

my bad

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:35 PM

smile

TIS
You got me, well im about 15 minutes south of it but in the boston metro area. my cousin lives in the general area there, but i forget exactly where though.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:36 PM

Quote:

Thank God for the Boston Marathon Bombs! Praise God Almighty for the outpouring of His perfect & just wrath!! #WBCToPicket #Magormissabib

BREAKING: Westboro Baptist Church to picket funerals of those dead by Boston Bombs! GOD SENT THE BOMBS IN FURY OVER FAG MARRIAGE! #PraiseGod

why dont they picket a gang funeral in chicago and see what happens.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:36 PM

All the news outlets are still only saying 23 injured.

This - http://bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/04/15/...VijL/story.html says more than 100 injured.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:37 PM

Quote:

Just ignore those fucking idiots they love the attention.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:38 PM

smile

TIS
You got me, well im about 15 minutes south of it but in the boston metro area. my cousin lives in the general area there, but i forget exactly where though.

OMG, SF, I didn't realize you were from the area. Do you know anyone who was attending the marathon?

Keep us posted if you hear local updates that we might not hear. Oh, and stay safe. wink

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:41 PM

smile

TIS

I'm not sure, but two of my aunt's cousins were helping out at the finish line when the first bomb went off, and she can't get a hold of them. frown

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:41 PM

Here's Obamas statements if anyone hasn't seen them -

President Obama has just made a statement from the White House briefing room. He expressed condolences and prayers for the victims, and stressed that details are still emerging.

Earlier today I was briefed on the events in Boston. We'll continue to monitor and respond to the situation as it unfolds.

The American people will say a prayer for Boston tonight. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers ...

"We don't yet have all the answers. Multiple people have been wounded, some gravely , in explosions at the Boston Marathon.

Obama said he has spoken with the FBI director and the department of homeland security to coordinate the federal response.

He's also spoken with Massachusetts leaders.

"Boston police, firefighters and first responders responded heroically, and continue to do so as we speak," Obama said.

He urges people not to jump to conclusions.

We still do not know who did this and why. And people should not jump to conclusions. But make no mistake. We will found out who did this and why they did this. Any responsible group or individuals will feel the full weight of justice.

We're still in the investigation stage. But I just want to reiterate: We will find out who did this and we will hold them accountable.

He did not use the word "terrorism" to describe the explosions.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:42 PM

smile

TIS

OMG, SF, I didn't realize you were from the area. Do you know anyone who was attending the marathon?

Keep us posted if you hear local updates that we might not hear. Oh, and stay safe. wink

TIS

123joeschmo is from Mass but i'm not sure if it's Boston.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX

smile

TIS

I'm not sure, but two of my aunt's cousins were helping out at the finish line when the first bomb went off, and she can't get a hold of them. frown

Oh no! I hope she hears from them soon. I can only imagine what she's going thru.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:45 PM

smile

TIS

TIS
Yea i'm in the south shore part of the metro area. A friend of mine from elementary school was there but she got back alright, i dunno if anyone else i know was there, though my cousin's apartment is somewhere in that area.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 10:45 PM

Representative Bill Keating of Massachusetts, who sits on the Homeland Security Committee, is asked by CNN whether anyone has taken responsibility for the explosions.

"Not yet," Keating says.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:04 PM

smile

TIS

TIS

123joeschmo is from Mass but i'm not sure if it's Boston.

I lived about six years in Boston when I was little and later grew up on cape cod. But I have relatives and friends that live in Boston, luckily they are okay.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:21 PM

Graphic Image Alert!

Click to reveal..
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

Not questioning if your post is legitimate Five, but what is the source of this photo and it's legitimacy?

Kind of suspect if you ask me because one would think that if someone's legs were blown off that way then they would NOT be as alert as the guy in the photo. Again, I could be wrong....but something just doesn't sit right with me here.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:21 PM

CNN is reporting that one of the two confirmed dead is an eight-year-old child. At least six other children are being treated at Boston's Children's Hospital, one of the world's best pediatric care centres. mad frown

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9996363/Boston-Marathon-bombing-live.html

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Graphic Image Alert!

Click to reveal..

Not questioning if your post is legitimate Five, but what is the source of this photo and it's legitimacy?

Kind of suspect if you ask me because one would think that if someone's legs were blown off that way then they would NOT be as alert as the guy in the photo. Again, I could be wrong....but something just doesn't sit right with me here.

That picture has been posted on most of the big news sites.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:23 PM

Yes, I heard that. How sad. frown

Is it odd that no person and/or group has come out yet to claim responsibility for this horrible attack?

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:26 PM

i just copied the url from an image posted on another message board, not really too sure where it came from. i had seen the picture of the guy in the wheelchair, but not the bottom half. judging by the quality, as well as the witness reports of people missing limbs, my guess is its legit. if the image bothered some people, sorry, but its reality.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:28 PM

Graphic Image Alert!

Click to reveal..

I would think shock or something else is making him not panic.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:28 PM

Is it odd that no person and/or group has come out yet to claim responsibility for this horrible attack?

TIS

I happen to agree with Ronnie here in that the news outlets need to report THE ACTUAL NEWS and stop reporting stories based on speculation!

Yes, we know from past attacks it usually is the MO of Al Quaeda to wait as long as possible before claiming any responsibility for an attack that they have made. But this doesn't mean that they are responsible for this attack. Could be homegrown, sympathizers, etc. We will know soon enough.

The news stations are going ballistic with making their speculations look like actual and factual news. rolleyes

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
Graphic Image Alert!

Click to reveal..

I would think shock or something else is making him not panic.

Could very well be.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:30 PM

Graphic Image Alert!

Click to reveal..

Good point DC. With a lot of people good at photo shopping, it's always possible. I see your point. Yet, I am not certain to tell you the truth. confused I did hear one eye witness remark on how many limbs he saw. Just the thought of that gives me the chills.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:41 PM

Its certainly not photoshopped, theres photos and video from the area that you can see massive amounts of blood on the sidewalk and the hospitals are reporting a lot of the injuries being blown off limbs.

as far as it being al Qaeda related, i don't think so, the would of done alot more damage than that, however i wouldn't be suprised for it to be a nut group.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:46 PM

according to nydn and cbs the saudi man that is being questioned was detained apparently due to a civillians claim that he was acting suspiciously, he has been cooperative with the authorities and denies involvement.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:49 PM

Its certainly not photoshopped, theres photos and video from the area that you can see massive amounts of blood on the sidewalk and the hospitals are reporting a lot of the injuries being blown off limbs.

as far as it being al Qaeda related, i don't think so, the would of done alot more damage than that, however i wouldn't be suprised for it to be a nut group.

If I had to guess, at this point, I'm leaning toward domestic terror. Hard to speculate why let alone who would do such a thing. Think it had anything at all to do with the Marathon itself? Or, I hear it is Patriots Day there in Boston but can't imagine why that would spark such an attack?

From what I'm hearing, media is all over the map as with this. One report was that police are baffled and don't have a clue who or why. Another report same hour a reporter said they know way more about who & why but aren't saying (I think that's likely).

smile
TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:49 PM

according to nydn and cbs the saudi man that is being questioned was detained apparently due to a civillians claim that he was acting suspiciously, he has been cooperative with the authorities and denies involvement.
i wouldnt even pay any mind to that, because the boston police commissioner has stated many times they have no suspects, they are questioning some people but no ones being detained so far. the saudi story was only coming out of the new york post.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:51 PM

The New York Post, Fox News and NBC News all reported that someone was being held in connection with the explosions. The Post went the furthest, saying that the man was a Saudi national and was 20 years old. These reports were denied by the Boston police commissioner, who told both reporters and a full press conference that there was nobody in custody. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/15/boston-attack-media-conflicting-reports_n_3087916.html

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/15/13 11:52 PM

If I had to guess, at this point, I'm leaning toward domestic terror. Hard to speculate why let alone who would do such a thing. Think it had anything at all to do with the Marathon itself? Or, I hear it is Patriots Day there in Boston but can't imagine why that would spark such an attack?

From what I'm hearing, media is all over the map as with this. One report was that police are baffled and don't have a clue who or why. Another report same hour a reporter said they know way more about who & why but aren't saying (I think that's likely).

smile
TIS
Well it is Patriots day, which is only a state holiday, so if it was done to coincide with that, i would think it would be home grown. the marathon being an international event may have been targeted because of that.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:11 AM

al qaeda seem like a group that would rather fail at attempting something big that would inflict mass casualties rather than pull off something small that only kills a few people.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:16 AM

al qaeda seem like a group that would rather fail at attempting something big that would inflict mass casualties rather than pull off something small that only kills a few people.
tell that to 9/11 or any of the other mass killings they've done. I still stand by it most likely being either home grown or a small group. if it were al qaeda they would of taken credit for it already.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:17 AM

This ought to help find an remaining bombs if there are any

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/Nav...vz/-/index.html

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:24 AM

tell that to 9/11 or any of the other mass killings they've done. I still stand by it most likely being either home grown or a small group. if it were al qaeda they would of taken credit for it already.

im not trying to minimise 9/11 or anything, just saying that even their failed attempts on us soil have often been pretty big as in the intended devastation and body counts that would have occurred.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:26 AM

Boston PD to have news conference momentarily. Hopefully they'll have a little more info they can give us.

smile

TIS
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:32 AM

This is so sad. Praying for all involved. Whoever is the cause of this foreign or domestic is hunted down.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:39 AM

Haven't seen anything on channel 7 or fox 25 about the police conference yet.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:44 AM

Haven't seen anything on channel 7 or fox 25 about the police conference yet.

SF, I'm watching cable news and they say they are awaiting news conference from Boston PD. I thought it would be soon but evidently not. confused

TIS

News conference starting now
Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:46 AM

I'm call it now - its a trial run for something much bigger in the future.

It could have been much bigger than it was. Doing something like this on Patriots Day in Boston where the responsible person(s) know they would have so many unsuspecting people, possible v.i.p.'s, so many law enforcement to try and see if their actions of dropping off devices would be noticed.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:54 AM

they are saying 3 people passed away now.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Guiseppe Petri

It could have been much bigger than it was. Doing something like this on Patriots Day in Boston where the responsible person(s) know they would have so many unsuspecting people, possible v.i.p.'s, so many law enforcement to try and see if their actions of dropping off devices would be noticed.
I doubt it, if they were seeing if dropping off devices would be noticed, they wouldn't of set them off. Not many people even know of Patriots day so if it had to do with that then it would of had to of been local.

Yea T.I.S. it started right after we both said that. The feds are taking over the investigation, you have the state police, local police, FBI, ATF, the navy is sending their bomb disposal unit, and i saw even the DEA was there.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:55 AM

I agree!!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 12:57 AM

Did anyone catch that first question in which the governor simply replied "no?" confused

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:10 AM

with all those people, looking around, with everything that was going on, they could have had a pound or 2 of c-4 or something similar - how big a bag could that have fit in. if you had a fast food bag - mcdonald or burger king, etc. put a couple of hamburger boxes or something else in there, who's going to pay attention to a bag like that being put in a garbage can. when was the last tiem you went to a event this size - baseball, football or hockey game, how much do you pay attention to somebody throw away a fast food bag. they arent going to put a bag or box in a place like that that is going to say " CAUTION, HIGH EXPLOSIVES, STAY AWAY, MAY CAUSE INJURY" in bright green, orange or red leters to call attention to it or be in a suitcase or breifcase, something that would be out of place.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:16 AM

with all those people, looking around, with everything that was going on, they could have had a pound or 2 of c-4 or something similar - how big a bag could that have fit in. if you had a fast food bag - mcdonald or burger king, etc. put a couple of hamburger boxes or something else in there, who's going to pay attention to a bag like that being put in a garbage can. when was the last tiem you went to a event this size - baseball, football or hockey game, how much do you pay attention to somebody throw away a fast food bag. they arent going to put a bag or box in a place like that that is going to say " CAUTION, HIGH EXPLOSIVES, STAY AWAY, MAY CAUSE INJURY" in bright green, orange or red leters to call attention to it or be in a suitcase or breifcase, something that would be out of place.
no but an event like this they had the bomb sniffing dogs, and they found 2 unexploded bombs and know they weren't C4, it was a small homemade bomb, probably a fertilizer bomb.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:30 AM

Did anyone catch that first question in which the governor simply replied "no?" confused
TIS

The only thing I heard was civil liberties.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
TIS

I thought I heard bits & pieces about "If I.... putting hands down my pants." LMAO lol I know!! The way the Governor replied led me to believe it was a sarcastic question.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:35 AM

TIS

I thought I heard bits & pieces about "If I.... putting hands down my pants." LMAO lol I know!! The way the Governor replied led me to believe it was a sarcastic question.

TIS
I think so, because i think that guy was asking other questions that they all were ignoring.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:37 AM

no but an event like this they had the bomb sniffing dogs, and they found 2 unexploded bombs and know they weren't C4, it was a small homemade bomb, probably a fertilizer bomb.

Makes ya wonder how long whoever did this was planning this?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 01:55 AM

Thats the problem, its hard to tell. i mean you would think if they had planned it for awhile, they would of been able to get all 4 bombs to go off instead of just the 2, but at the same time, if it were a spur of the moment thing they wouldnt of had the devices to begin with.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:34 AM

Police have a BOLO alert for a "dark skinned or black male with foreign accent in a black hoodie with a black backpack". apparently this guy tried to get into a restricted area 5 mins before the first bomb went off, and when he was turned away, he apparently broke eye contact and covered his head with a hood.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:49 AM

Representative Bill Keating of Massachusetts, who sits on the Homeland Security Committee, is asked by CNN whether anyone has taken responsibility for the explosions.

"Not yet," Keating says.

You'd think that if this were the act of some international terrorist organization, they'd have claimed it by now.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

"Not yet," Keating says.

You'd think that if this were the act of some international terrorist organization, they'd have claimed it by now.
I was saying that to someone earlier, they would of taken claim for it before it happened.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 03:26 AM

Horrible, horrible news. It's so sickening to see this. What a world.

X, have you heard anything more from the people you know that were there??
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 05:18 AM

I read the headline last night, but couldn't stay awake to follow this. This is really awful! frown But I'm glad to hear our own Kristen is okay.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Horrible, horrible news. It's so sickening to see this. What a world.

X, have you heard anything more from the people you know that were there??

I just heard back from my aunt thru Facebook (of all places!) and they are okay, which is a huge relief! They were among the lucky ones. Unfortunately, not everyone was so lucky, so it is bittersweet.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 08:47 AM

Awful news. This world!! I just don't know sometimes!!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:27 PM

they talked to one of the runners that was in the area who just returned from iraq and he said that as soon as he heard it and saw the smoke it reminded him of an i.e.d..

they also said that they had police with bomb sniffing dogs near the areas where the runners were coming through, so whoever did this was able to sneak by the dogs without being detected, thats how deteremined they were.

as far as the other bombs being detonated, our enemies overseas think nothing of killing themselves with bombs strapped to themselves while killing us, who's to say that they could'nt detonate those other bombs because they could'nt get far away enough from one of the ones that exploded. there was 2 people killed ( the 8 year old excluded ) it could have been one of those 2.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:38 PM

Lets not jump to any conclusions about who did it...whatever the case it is awful. I have a son who lives in Boston, and thank God he was no where near the bombs.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:39 PM

they talked to one of the runners that was in the area who just returned from iraq and he said that as soon as he heard it and saw the smoke it reminded him of an i.e.d..

they also said that they had police with bomb sniffing dogs near the areas where the runners were coming through, so whoever did this was able to sneak by the dogs without being detected, thats how deteremined they were.

as far as the other bombs being detonated, our enemies overseas think nothing of killing themselves with bombs strapped to themselves while killing us, who's to say that they could'nt detonate those other bombs because they could'nt get far away enough from one of the ones that exploded. there was 2 people killed ( the 8 year old excluded ) it could have been one of those 2.
there were 3 killed actually, and how'd they get them past the dogs? its not like they have the dogs constantly going up and down the streets, its just a matter of dropping it after they searched. "They think nothing of blowing themselves up while killing us" then why would they want to get away from the other two bombs that didn't go off? I doubt they would of cared so you sort of contradicted yourself there.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 02:53 PM

Now the governor is saying they didn't find any unexploded bombs. They also were searching a house in Revere last night and apparently took alot of stuff out in bags that law enforcement is saying are related to the bombing.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/2198627...-boston-bombing
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 03:22 PM

On a more optimistic note, how great would it be to see one of the injured finish next year's marathon, with a prosthesis in some cases?

Show these terrorist scumbags that although they can cause us individual harm, the can never break the American spirit. Never. And that's why they hate us so much. Because our spirit will never die.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 03:27 PM

FWIW, I heard this morning that the police searched this house WITH the owners' permission and did not need a search warrant.
Then again, they DID remove items. confused

Heard doctor's press conference. So many amputations? Can you freekin' imagine leaving to go to see a marathon and ending up losing a limb or worse? frown So sad

TIS
Posted By: Blake

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 03:36 PM

8 year old Martin was a victim of the attack waiting for his dad to cross the finish line. His sign says it all. RIP

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 03:40 PM

^^^^
Jesus Christ. Heartbreaking frown.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 04:06 PM

It is odd that none of the usual suspects in the Muslim world are not taking "credit" for this horror. Any chance it could be another home grown job like in Okla City or Atlanta? A lot of nut cases out there have been listening to the irresponsible cries for "Second Amendment Remedies."

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 04:12 PM

FWIW, I heard this morning that the police searched this house WITH the owners' permission and did not need a search warrant.

Heard doctor's press conference. So many amputations? Can you freekin' imagine leaving to go to see a marathon and ending up losing a limb or worse? frown So sad

TIS
Not this house. They did search a house with the owners permission, if i'm not mistaken the saudi national they were questioning, but that house in revere they had a search warrant.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 04:36 PM

TIS
Not this house. They did search a house with the owners permission, if i'm not mistaken the saudi national they were questioning, but that house in revere they had a search warrant.

So did they search TWO houses?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 04:45 PM

I didn't hear about a second house, so I don't know. confused

TIS
Posted By: Bennie_The_Ball

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 05:07 PM

Warning some are graphic

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/first-photos-from-the-scene-of-the-boston-marathon-explosion

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 05:28 PM

Yea they searched the house of the saudi national they were questioning but found nothing. This house the state police had a search warrant and took out bags of things. The address of the second house has had issues before, its an apartment complex and last year a guy from morocco was arrested there for indecent assault of a person 14 or older and arson.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:04 PM

The New York Post has spoken to the roommate of the Saudi man whose apartment authorities searched yesterday. Mohammed Badawood described the man "quiet and clean" and as "a good boy" who was not capable of such an attack.
Worth stressing: the injured Saudi has not been charged with anything and, as far as we know, is not under arrest.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:08 PM

Hey, who was that guy SC kicked off the baords?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:19 PM

The New York Post has spoken to the roommate of the Saudi man whose apartment authorities searched yesterday. Mohammed Badawood described the man "quiet and clean" and as "a good boy" who was not capable of such an attack.
Worth stressing: the injured Saudi has not been charged with anything and, as far as we know, is not under arrest.
I'm not paying attention to the ny post, they were saying 12 dead yesterday yet there's only 3. however that's not the house they had the warrant for. they found parts like a circuit board so they're thinking it was on a timer.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:30 PM

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:31 PM

"To Boston, from Kabul, with love"

http://principlepictures.com/blog/2013/04/16/to-boston-from-kabul-with-love/

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:33 PM

Boston police say a photo taken in the wake of the attack that appears to show a man on a rooftop over the crime scene has been sent to the FBI, and will be analyzed along with hundreds of other images. - from ABC

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:35 PM

The Boston Globe has identified a second victim of the marathon bombings as Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington, Massachusetts, a northwestern Boston suburb. The Globe reports:

She went to watch the Marathon every year and was there with a friend this year. The friend is hospitalized with serious injuries.

The third person killed in the attack has not been publicly identified.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 06:43 PM

20m ago
Boston native Richard Clarke, the former national coordinator for counter-terrorism, has posted an 850-word piece on Facebook entitled

How they will investigate the Boston Bombing

While detectives and federal agents have started the laborious process of interviewing thousands of people in Boston, much of the work that is likely to be key to solving the Boston Bombing is technical and forensic.

First, the FBI will stitch together hundreds of hours of video camera recordings from private and public surveillance and traffic cameras, as well as recordings made by private citizens attending the race. They will look for when the bombs might have been left behind and then examine the faces of everyone who was in the area around that time. They will try to put names to those faces, using facial recognition matching software, drawing on drivers license, passport, and visa databases. In the case of the Mossad operation in Dubai, the police in the United Arab Emirates were able to recreate most of the the assassination operation by using snippets from dozens of surveillance cameras. For the FBI in Boston, a similar process has now begun.

Second, FBI and NSA will look at phone records. If the bombs were command detonated using mobile phones to trigger the blast, it may be possible to find out what phone numbers were used by seeing what numbers were called on that block or in that neighborhood at exactly the time of the blasts. The FBI will look at calls that went through specific cell towers in the Copley Square-Prudential Center neighborhood of Back Bay. There will be many innocent calls made at that time, but if some of the calls went to unregistered mobile numbers (an unregistered phone is a mobile device bought at a convenience store without providing a telephone company a user name, relying instead on pre-paid calling cards), those “burner phones” may have been the detonators.

The FBI will want to find out who bought the “burner phones” used to make the calls and to receive them. It may be possible to determine where the phones were sold and when. If they were sold at a convenience store like a CVS or 7-11, there may be store surveillance camera video of customers present when the phones were sold. An image of the buyer could then be made public in the hope that someone will come forward to identify the face.

NSA will also look for calls from the Boston area around the time of the blast to suspicious numbers in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen and other Middle East locations. If it were an Islamist attack (which is by no means certain), the bomber may have checked in with fellow terrorists before or after the strike. FBI will check chat rooms and blog posts on right wing American extremists groups to see if there is any sign that people in that sub-culture knew about the attack before it happened or have guesses about who may have done it.

Third, FBI (perhaps with help from ATF) will try to reassemble the bombs by gathering as many tiny fragments of material as possible., as they did in the case of the bombing of Pan Am 103 and Oklahoma City. Already they have informed guesses about the explosive material and the fragmentation material. They will collect fragments from the buildings, the temporary crowd control fence that lined Boylston Street and, regrettably, from the severed limbs of the victims. Next, the FBI will try to determine if a bomb design was used based upon a specific “how to make a bomb” web page on the Internet. Law enforcement authorities will try to determine where the bomb materials and the back pack or other carrying case were purchased.

Fourth, Homeland Security investigators will examine who flew out of Boston, especially to foreign locations, around the time of the bombing. In the 1993 World Trade Center attack and the CIA Headquarters-Route 123 shootings, attackers moved quickly to the airport to get out of the country.

Fifth, police and federal agents will contact all of their informants in Islamist cells and American Right Wing and Aryan Supremacist groups. They will offer rewards for leads, for suspicions. Unless the attack was done by a self-initiated loner (which is highly possible), the bomber or bombers will tell someone eventually of their involvement. Alternatively, as in the case of the Unibomber, a family member may call the police when they realize that their brother, husband, or son may have been involved.

In major investigations such as these, the case is usually solved either very quickly due to a lucky break or it takes months of painful detailed work. Sometimes, as in the Atlanta Olympic bombing and the TWA 800 crash, the investigation may go down a mistaken path for a time. However long it takes, these cases do get solved. For me, a Bostonian who grew up watching the end of so many Marathons, spent so many days hanging out in Copley Square, this attack feels personal. The eight year old boy who died was from the Dorchester neighborhood, “Dot”, where I lived when I was an eight year old boy. For that boy and the other victims, this case will be solved and the criminal terrorist will be apprehended.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 07:29 PM

apparently the bombs were placed inside pressure cookers which is why the dogs couldn't detect them.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 07:50 PM

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-75440765/

The Pakistani Taliban deny any involvement in the attack. I'm inclined to believe them, they totally would've claimed responsibility for this

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 08:05 PM

Here's a pic of the other confirmed dead -

RIP frown

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 08:07 PM

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 08:08 PM

The Guardian's Ed Pilkington is in Boston, where he picks up on a "bit of good news to emerge from the grisliness." Ed notes that Dr. George Velmahos, the chief trauma surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital, said "some critical patients have woken up and others are stabilizing":

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 08:50 PM

SI has released the image of next week's cover.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:19 PM

'Someone knows who did this'
DesLauriers says "around the world" the force of the United States is working hard to catch the culprits. He says the FBI has received more than 2,000 tips.

"Regarding who might be suspected, the investigation is in its infancy," he says.

"At this time there are no claims of responsibility. The range of suspects and motives remains wide open."

He says that whoever did this has friends or family who know about it. "We're asking anyone who may have heard someone speak about the marathon, or about the date of April 15 in any way, to call us."

DesLauriers adds: "Someone knows who did this."

He asks business to preserve any surveillance video in "original form."

DesLauriers urges anyone to come forward if they observed or heard of anyone researching bombmaking, or heard noises of explosions in remote areas.

He also encourages anyone to step forward who saw "someone who appeared to be carrying an unusually dark, heavy bag yesterday in the vicinity of the blasts."

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:20 PM

FBI agent Rick DesLauriers is asked to describe the bombs further, but he demurs. He says there was "possibly a pressure cooker" and "black nylon bags possibly at both sites."

"The would not have been light bags," he says.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:23 PM

The one problem with trying to find people who had a big heavy dark bag is, i've seen photos from around that area all day and almost everyone had some sort of big or dark bag or backpack with them.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:27 PM

Davis says this year's race had a stronger security presence than usual:

We review each one of these events. At the end of our review last year, we determined that the crowds were larger than usual. And so we put additional officers at the end of the race," the police commissioner says.

There was no specific threat about this event ... this was a standard threat picture.

Davis says undercover officers were "fully deployed" among the crowd as were bomb-sniffing dogs.

DesLauriers declines to address a question about a circuit board reportedly found around the attack site. "That was brought up by a member of the media, not by me," the FBI agent says.

He's asked about the third, as-yet unidentified fatality. "There has not been enough work done to make a notification to the next of kin on the third victim," DesLauriers says.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:30 PM

The one problem with trying to find people who had a big heavy dark bag is, i've seen photos from around that area all day and almost everyone had some sort of big or dark bag or backpack with them.

I completely agree it's kind of a thin lead but i must say no Country reacts anywhere near as quick or as efficiently to these attacks than the US.

49m ago
DesLauriers goes on to explain why the FBI is interested in pressure cookers.

Pressure cookers – they're relatively ordinary cooking devices. As far as precisely what evidence was found – there are multiple pieces of evidence at the crime scene. That analysis is ongoing right now.

What could possibly be a pressure cooker was found at the site, and we're putting that out to the public to possibly generate any leads.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:31 PM

Michael Crowley delivers "A short recent history of pressure cooker bombs" in Time Magazine:

As it happens, pressure cookers have a nefarious reputation in counterterrorism circles. In 2004, the Department of Homeland Security was concerned enough about pressure cooker bombs to issue an alert to federal and state security officials: “A technique commonly taught in Afghan terrorist training camps is the use/conversion of pressure cookers into IEDs,” the bulletin warned.

That bulletin cited several plots from 2002 to 2004 to use pressure cooker bombs in France, India and Nepal. But more recently there have been at least three other instances of would-be terrorists in the west, all of them Islamic radicals, in possession of pressure cookers for reasons that seemed not to involve having friends over for dinner ...

But it’s important to bear in mind that the ability to make these bombs is hardly unique to al Qaeda and its sympathizers. Members of at least one prominent white supremacist website have shared terror tips from Inspire [a radical Islamic magazine] which one called “highly recommended reading.” Pressure cooker bombs are also discussed in detail on this anarchist site, which describes how to build what is “affectionately known as a HELLHOUND.”

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:45 PM

Here's a summary of where things stand -

• A pressure-cooker bomb is believed to have been used at one or both of the explosion sites. The FBI announced Tuesday afternoon that investigators have recovered crime scene evidence including "pieces of black nylon, which could be from a backpack, and fragments of BBs and nails possibly contained in a pressure cooker device." The evidence is being shipped to an FBI lab in Quantico for analysis.

• Authorities called for tips from anyone who witnessed a person carrying a dark, unusually heavy bag in the vicinity of the bombing. In addition they asked the public to report anyone who had been talking about a pressure-cooker bomb or "the marathon, or about the date of April 15 in any way." "Someone knows who did this," FBI agent Rick DesLauriers said.

• President Obama will attend an interfaith prayer service in Boston Thursday morning, the Massachusetts governor announced. The president has canceled a trip he was to take to Kansas on Friday. More than a dozen vigils were planned in Boston for Tuesday and Wednesday.

• Three people were killed in the attack, including Krystle Campbell, 29, and Martin Richard, 8. The third fatality is believed to have been a graduate student at Boston University. The school confirmed the death but did not name the victim "pending permission to do so from the family." At least 176 people were wounded in the attack. An unknown number remain in critical condition. Other patients showed improvement.

• No suspects have been identified and no motive has been determined in the marathon bombing, authorities said.

• The city of Boston has established a fund, called One Boston, to provide for victims of the attack and their families.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 10:59 PM

In addition they asked the public to report anyone who had been talking about a pressure-cooker bomb or "the marathon, or about the date of April 15 in any way."
I italicized and bolded those separate parts because they do go together in that statement, but that could lead to A LOT of false leads and tips since thats a huge event here so i'm sure half, if not all, of the state has been talking about the marathon or the date.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:06 PM

This article has photos of the pressure cooker, backpack and some of the pellets that made up the bomb.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:19 PM

WHDH News has released two interesting photographs. One shows an unattended duffel bag sitting close to the railings near the race finish line. In the second shot, the bomb has struck in what appears to be the exact spot where the bag was lying. CNN said it had passed the photographs on to the FBI.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:24 PM

In addition they asked the public to report anyone who had been talking about a pressure-cooker bomb or "the marathon, or about the date of April 15 in any way."
I italicized and bolded those separate parts because they do go together in that statement, but that could lead to A LOT of false leads and tips since thats a huge event here so i'm sure half, if not all, of the state has been talking about the marathon or the date.

Good point, i apologize for posting that certain quote, i C-A-P it from one of the major news sites.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:24 PM

Interesting pics. Yet, I can imagine there were bags all over the place.

Of course I am sure authorities are not telling us everything, but I must admit I am surprised that we don't know more by now.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:26 PM

This has not been linked to the bombings in Boston, but it has emerged that a letter containing the deadly poison ricin, or another poison, has been sent to US senator Roger Wicker. The envelope was intercepted at the US Capitol's off-site mail-screening centre. The substance was tested three times, coming up positive each time. Ricin is highly toxic, just 500 micrograms can kill an adult.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:27 PM

Fox News has released new images of what it says is the remains of one of the bombs that exploded at the Marathon. The images appear to show shards of a stainless steel pressure cooker. Another image shows a torn black bag.

If anyone wants to see this - http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:31 PM

Fox News has released new images of what it says is the remains of one of the bombs that exploded at the Marathon. The images appear to show shards of a stainless steel pressure cooker. Another image shows a torn black bag.

If anyone wants to see this - http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21996004/exclusive-photos-boston-marathon-bomb
just posted that before you posted the other photos. The problem with i have with that bag being the bomb in the 7 news photos is, looking at how close the bag is to that mailbox, with the amount of damage it caused you'd expect that mailbox to be severely damaged. infact looking at the second image, which they blurred because of how graphic it was...you can see what looks like the same shade of orange sitting next to the mailbox in almost the exact same spot.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:32 PM

Interesting pics. Yet, I can imagine there were bags all over the place.

Of course I am sure authorities are not telling us everything, but I must admit I am surprised that we don't know more by now.

smile

TIS

They'll be silent for now, but no mistake about it the US are the only country who competently and quickly deal with this right away imo.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:35 PM

just posted that before you posted the other photos. The problem with i have with that bag being the bomb in the 7 news photos is, looking at how close the bag is to that mailbox, with the amount of damage it caused you'd expect that mailbox to be severely damaged. infact looking at the second image, which they blurred because of how graphic it was...you can see what looks like the same shade of orange sitting next to the mailbox in almost the exact same spot.

That's what i was thinking but i posted, something from the Boston Globe i think, saying that the bombs were found in mailboxes.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/16/13 11:44 PM

That's what i was thinking but i posted, something from the Boston Globe i think, saying that the bombs were found in mailboxes.
If i remember right that was refuted in press conferences, just for reference i did take the images into photoshop and superimpose them using the mailbox as reference, and the angle that some of the debris has from the smoke, and the angle of all the debris would seem like the blast came more from near the older lady in green. With the two photos being slightly out of angle from eachother i would suspect it came more from her left or our right, and in the post blast photo there looks like a black bag sitting next to the railing. now i dont know, i mean im no expert, but messing with fireworks as a kid and seeing how the tubing disperses i would think that that bag thats highlighted isn't it.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 01:25 AM

Shows once again how terrorism eats away at the fabric of American life. First it wasn't safe to fly, then it wasn't safe to go to the movies or the mall or to college, then it wasn't safe to have small kids in school. Now it wasn't safe to have a marathon. The cost to the American psyche is terrible. And, the cost of the additional security is another big bill all of us will have to pay to just be Americans.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 02:31 AM

My boss was in Boston with her daughter who ran in the marathon. She finished about half an hour before the bombs went off. They always take a photo of her at the finish line with her medal. This time, they forgot. They decided to walk back to the hotel, when my boss realized they had skipped the traditional photo. She wanted to go back to take it, but her daughter just wanted to shower and change, so she posed in front of the hotel instead. If they had walked back to take the picture, they would have been right there when the bombs exploded.

I also spoke to a client whose daughter was in Boston cheering on friends, and thankfully they were all fine. She said that they couldn't leave the city yesterday because of lockdown, and when they went to take their bus today, the bus company wouldn't honor their tickets and made them pay for new ones. Real nice.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 02:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Shows once again how terrorism eats away at the fabric of American life. First it wasn't safe to fly, then it wasn't safe to go to the movies or the mall or to college, then it wasn't safe to have small kids in school. Now it wasn't safe to have a marathon. The cost to the American psyche is terrible. And, the cost of the additional security is another big bill all of us will have to pay to just be Americans.

The comment i posted where the Yankees are going to have a 1 minute silence or so, alongside a BRS favourite - Sweet Caroline, shows the American spirit, i'm imagining smile.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 02:41 AM

A new security bulletin from the FBI showed the first image of one of the shredded backpacks believed to have housed one of the explosive devices in the Boston Marathon bombing Monday.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 04:03 AM

I also spoke to a client whose daughter was in Boston cheering on friends, and thankfully they were all fine. She said that they couldn't leave the city yesterday because of lockdown, and when they went to take their bus today, the bus company wouldn't honor their tickets and made them pay for new ones. Real nice.

That's just not right. Makes ya sick that they wouldn't help out.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:13 AM

17 in critical condition - The Lede is following the aftermath of Monday’s deadly explosions at the Boston Marathon, which killed three and sent 176 people to area hospitals. Seventeen people are in critical condition. Officials still have no one in custody.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:19 AM

That's just not right. Makes ya sick that they wouldn't help out.

There's videos/pictures of people running towards the ''bloody ground'' as soon as the 1st bomb went off, which shows the American spirit smile. I've just read my comment and noticed the way it sounds, i meant to highlight the Americans who ran into the aftermath and helped the injured.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:29 AM

The third person who was killed in the explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday is a Chinese citizen, according to a statement made by the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China.

At the family’s wishes, officials from the Chinese Consulate and Boston University, where the victim was a graduate student, have not identified her.

Earlier on Tuesday, the two other people who were killed were identified by family members: Martin Richard, 8, of Dorchester, Mass., and Krystle Campbell, 29, of Arlington, Mass., who graduated from Medford High School in 2001.

Boston University officials said on Tuesday that a graduate student at the university had died in the blasts. The university said the student had attended the Boston Marathon with a friend, also a student at the university, who was seriously injured and was being treated at Boston Medical Center. A third friend who attended the marathon escaped unharmed.

In the last 24 hours, friends of a Boston University student from China had been going to hospitals, one by one, looking for information about their friend.

The Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China confirms that one Chinese citizen was unfortunately killed in the Boston Marathon bombing on April 15, 2013. At the request of her family, the victim’s personal information will not be disclosed. Another Chinese citizen is among the injured and is in stable condition now after surgery.

The Consulate dispatched a work team to Boston after the bombing, headed by Deputy Consul General Ruiming Zhong. The team visited the injured in hospital this morning.

The Consulate has contacted the two families and will provide all necessary assistance to them.

Our hearts go out to the families of the victims of this terrible tragedy.
— Jennifer Preston

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:30 AM

Louie Cohn walked through the vigil that formed on Boston Common Tuesday night, holding 26 daffodils. She approached Lizzie Lee, an engineer who had traveled from Lynnwood, Wash., to run the marathon on Monday, and offered her one of the flowers.

“They’re for the 26 miles of the Boston Marathon,” said Ms. Cohn, who lives in Sturbridge, Mass., before she broke down in tears, embracing Ms. Lee. The two women wept, holding each other and exchanging their names and where they were from.

Around them, hundreds had gathered at the Parkman Bandstand on the common, trying to keep candles lit as wind whipped around them and a choir sang songs like the national anthem and “Amazing Grace.”

“This terrible event happened in the midst of what represents all the best of Boston — the competition, the striving, the celebration of who we are in a patriotic way,” said Susan Springer, a psychologist from Westwood, Mass., who was at the vigil. “Such a perfect day, such a wonderful celebration, and then to have this happen — I wanted to find a way to come together as a community.”

Ms. Lee, the engineer, who is originally from Venezuela, was stopped just blocks from the finish line. When she heard the blast, she said, she felt immediate relief that her daughter had decided to cancel her trip from Venezuela to watch her run. She chose to stay at home because of the volatility following the country’s presidential election.

“My running partner told me, she texted me, saying, ‘Who would have thought that your daughter would have been safer in Venezuela than in Boston?’ ” Ms. Lee said.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:33 AM

Photographs reportedly showing what the F.B.I. described as the remains of a pressure cooker used in one of the Boston Marathon bombings were published by several news agencies on Tuesday evening. The Associated Press reported that the photos were distributed as part of a joint bulletin to law enforcement agencies b the F.B.I. and Department of Homeland Security.

A Fox News affiliate in Atlanta published other photos, including one the F.B.I. said showed the remains of a black nylon bag that might have contained one of the bombs.

As The New York Times reported on Tuesday, investigators now say that the explosives used in the bombings were likely rudimentary devices made from kitchen pressure cookers and loaded with sharp metal objects meant to kill and maim. The pressure cookers were filled with some type of explosive powder and triggered by ordinary kitchen timers, one official said.

— Michael Schwirtz

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:18 AM

I've just read this - Lizzie Lee, of Lynnwood, Wash., right, hugs, Louie Cohn, of Sturbridge, Mass., who came to the Boston Common Tuesday night to hand out a flower to 26 people who ran in the Boston Marathon Monday. She chose to give out 26 flowers to represent the 26-mile run and the 26 victims in the Newtown shootings.

This is the picture -

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:50 AM

If i remember right that was refuted in press conferences, just for reference i did take the images into photoshop and superimpose them using the mailbox as reference, and the angle that some of the debris has from the smoke, and the angle of all the debris would seem like the blast came more from near the older lady in green. With the two photos being slightly out of angle from eachother i would suspect it came more from her left or our right, and in the post blast photo there looks like a black bag sitting next to the railing. now i dont know, i mean im no expert, but messing with fireworks as a kid and seeing how the tubing disperses i would think that that bag thats highlighted isn't it.

Sorry, i've just seen this comment and i applaud clap how well thought out it is, but i was mostly following live update news sites. Usually British, The Guardian,Observer at times the LA Times or Boston Globe.

This is from the Boston Globe - BPD officer says devices that exploded were in mailboxes. FBI are sweeping all nearby cars with bomb sniffing dogs.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 08:10 AM

I don't know how to show a youtube player but my friend just sent me this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGg2du1kzOs while it may be a bit premature and cheesy. RIP

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 01:45 PM

Sorry, i've just seen this comment and i applaud clap how well thought out it is, but i was mostly following live update news sites. Usually British, The Guardian,Observer at times the LA Times or Boston Globe.

This is from the Boston Globe - BPD officer says devices that exploded were in mailboxes. FBI are sweeping all nearby cars with bomb sniffing dogs.
One thing that gives away that atleast the second bomb wasn't in a mailbox and that the bag in that photo isn't the bomb is if you look at the guardrail right behind the mailbox. if the bag or mailbox was the bomb, the mailbox would be gone, but being infront of that rail it would of blown it back towards the building, but if you look close you can see that the guardrail is actually bent around the mailbox, which would imply that it came from the crowd, i would suspect by that black fence.

I know you're following the news updates, i'm just tryin to keep it level with what i'm hearing here because some stuff, like that bag for instance, the media had an itchy trigger on and said that must be the bomb without looking at anything else around it.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 02:46 PM

Police say they have a suspect in mind regarding a letter mailed to a US senator that tested positive for poisonous ricin, according to the Associated Press.
Tests indicated that a letter mailed to the Mississippi Republican Sen. Roger Wicker's Washington office contained the potentially deadly toxin.
There has been no evidence of a connection between the ricing incident and Boston but the Capitol has been on edge since Monday afternoon.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 02:48 PM

A woman sitting in shock surrounded by blood in the wake of the Boston marathon bombs has been identified as Nicole Gross.
Mrs Gross, 31, was standing near the finish line of the race in Monday when she was hit by the impact of the bomb, suffering a broken leg and ankle in the process. She also suffered torn skin and her Achilles' tendon was severed.
She sat up in the street, with her clothes torn and legs spattered in blood, when a photographer for the Boston Globe took her picture. She was featured on the front page of Tuesday's New York Daily News among other papers.
Mrs Gross, a personal trainer from Charlotte, North Carolina, had travelled to Boston with her husband Michael and sister Erika Brannock to watch their mother Carol Downing take part in the run.
Ms Downing had not finished by the time the bomb went off.
While Mrs Gross escaped with fractures – her sister was not so lucky. Ms Brannock, a 29-year-old preschool teacher who lives in Baltimore, had to undergo the partial amputation of her left leg, according to the Charlotte Observer. She also suffered a fracture in her right leg as well as a broken ankle and foot.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 05:21 PM

Original geschrieben von: Camarel

She sat up in the street, with her clothes torn and legs spattered in blood, when a photographer for the Boston Globe took her picture. She was featured on the front page of Tuesday's New York Daily News among other papers.

I don't think she'll be happy about that.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 05:28 PM

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) – The Boston Globe is reporting, via a source, that investigators have identified the suspect believed to be responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing.

The suspect may have been seen in video taken near Lord and Taylor at the second bomb site. The video reportedly shows the suspect dropping a black bag.

The suspect's identity was not immediately known.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22003291/source-officials-identify-marathon-bombing-suspect

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 05:49 PM

CNN just reported that an arrest has been made in the bombing.

If this is true, then EXCELLENT FUCKING WORK, Boston PD and FBI, etc.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 05:52 PM

CNN just reported that an arrest has been made in the bombing.

If this is true, then EXCELLENT FUCKING WORK, Boston PD and FBI, etc.
All the local news networks haven't said that an arrest has been made yet, but they all are saying an arrest is imminent. They used footage from a surveillance camera that was supposedly so clear you could easily see the guy's face.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 05:53 PM

WOW! I saw they had a suspect. If they have made an arrest, lets see the evidence. I cannot believe one personm acted alone here. I agree if they have the right guy, or even one of them thats first class work by all the above named authorities. They need to try this SOB in federal court because Mass. has no death penalty....then again they could try him in Mass. State Court first and then try him on the Federal charges. That way they can put him in a "special wing" of a state prison...one of those wings where all the guards hapeen to be looking in the wrong direction should some unfortunate accident befall him.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 05:55 PM

CBS just updated saying an arrest has been made and that he'll be in court Wednesday afternoon, now if that's today or next week i don't know, but the FBI has a daily press conference scheduled for 5pm.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
WOW! I saw they had a suspect. If they have made an arrest, lets see the evidence. I cannot believe one personm acted alone here. I agree if they have the right guy, or even one of them thats first class work by all the above named authorities. They need to try this SOB in federal court because Mass. has no death penalty....then again they could try him in Mass. State Court first and then try him on the Federal charges. That way they can put him in a "special wing" of a state prison...one of those wings where all the guards hapeen to be looking in the wrong direction should some unfortunate accident befall him.
Or just take him to Southie and let the good Irish folks there handle him.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:06 PM

Looks like they're taking him directly to the courthouse today.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:08 PM

The news said they're taking him to the federal court house instead of a state court and they're going to do everything they can to try it as a death penalty case.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:25 PM

CNN reports that federal officials state that no arrest has been made. Fox says conflicting info.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:32 PM

Thats the problem with the media, they both say opposite things citing the same sources.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:35 PM

Fox concurs with CNN that no arrest has been made.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:37 PM

Boston police says no arrest has been made yet, however they do still have a suspect so who knows how long it'll take.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 06:55 PM

The FBI issued a written statement that no arrest has been made.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:06 PM

The courthouse seems to be being evacuated for some reason.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:09 PM

Bomb threat at brigham & womens hospital.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:11 PM

Brigham & womens bomb threat cleared, theyre still evacuating the federal court house and there's a heavy police and US marshal presence.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:14 PM

Bomb squad is inside the courthouse with the bomb sniffing dogs.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Yeah, and here I was already putting him on trial.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:22 PM

That way they can put him in a "special wing" of a state prison...one of those wings where all the guards hapeen to be looking in the wrong direction should some unfortunate accident befall him.

Great Idea!!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:44 PM

Yeah, and here I was already putting him on trial.

On trial? You had him drawn and quatered.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 07:55 PM

Wow, channel 7 just showed that the NY/NJ port authority has sent crews up here to help out with the investigation.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 08:44 PM

Is there any point in watching or reading the news now? Just like Newtown, they try to break the story first to get viewers. That or just report there opinions instead of the actual news.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 08:53 PM

Is there any point in watching or reading the news now? Just like Newtown, they try to break the story first to get viewers. That or just report there opinions instead of the actual news.
Of course there is, because there still is important things, such as that bomb threat at the courthouse, that wasn't an opinion, but most people wouldn't of known about that unless they saw. the news

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 09:44 PM

Of course there is, because there still is important things, such as that bomb threat at the courthouse, that wasn't an opinion, but most people wouldn't of known about that unless they saw. the news

All I am saying is that they need to get there facts straight and confirmed instead of reporting it as fact. Saying there is a bomb threat is important, and at least they did that. Pretty much have to take anything being reported with a grain of salt.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 09:53 PM

All I am saying is that they need to get there facts straight and confirmed instead of reporting it as fact. Saying there is a bomb threat is important, and at least they did that. Pretty much have to take anything being reported with a grain of salt.
Oh i agree, the problem is when they get their information from trustworthy sources and report it, then those sources found out theyre wrong and backtrack, thats why no matter what news channel it is you always take it with a grain of salt.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 10:11 PM

Were ya'll aware of this episode:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Fox has removed from its web site a recent episode of "Family Guy," which showed mass deaths at the Boston Marathon.

A doctored version of the clip, which made fun of Monday's terrorist attack at the marathon, has since circulated online.

Fox Broadcasting refused to comment. But Seth MacFarlane, creator of the "Family Guy" cartoon, condemned the hoax episode in a Tuesday tweet.

"The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent," he tweeted. "The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims."

The "Turban Cowboy" episode was originally broadcast on March 17, and Fox confirmed that it has since been pulled from Fox.com and Hulu.

The episode showed the main character of the show Peter Griffin mowing down other runners with a car in a bid to win the marathon.

The online hoax spliced together two clips from the original episode. The hoax showed Griffin appearing to trigger explosions with his cell phone, while depicting the scene of bloody carnage when he drove his car through the runners.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/17/news/companies/family-guy-boston-marathon/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 10:13 PM

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

Fox has removed from its web site a recent episode of "Family Guy," which showed mass deaths at the Boston Marathon.

A doctored version of the clip, which made fun of Monday's terrorist attack at the marathon, has since circulated online.

Fox Broadcasting refused to comment. But Seth MacFarlane, creator of the "Family Guy" cartoon, condemned the hoax episode in a Tuesday tweet.

"The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent," he tweeted. "The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims."

The "Turban Cowboy" episode was originally broadcast on March 17, and Fox confirmed that it has since been pulled from Fox.com and Hulu.

The episode showed the main character of the show Peter Griffin mowing down other runners with a car in a bid to win the marathon.

The online hoax spliced together two clips from the original episode. The hoax showed Griffin appearing to trigger explosions with his cell phone, while depicting the scene of bloody carnage when he drove his car through the runners.
i havent seen it, but i have heard about it.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 10:22 PM

This was just so tragic and heart wrenching. A photo was posted earlier in this thread which at first I though may have been a fake. But it wasn't! At first glance it was hard to realize...to initially process right away..... that someone could be maimed like that and still be alive. That's how surreal and horrible this attack was. My prayers are with these poor people.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 10:39 PM

That way they can put him in a "special wing" of a state prison...one of those wings where all the guards hapeen to be looking in the wrong direction should some unfortunate accident befall him.

Well, I wouldn't certainly be sorry for him, but if they do that, who's going to talk about the ones who sent him? They should catch EVERYBODY, every single one, if it's really a work by some organization. Lynching the one who did it materially immediately won't help getting the ones who gave the order.

But after they arrest everybody, they may well fry them alive, I wouldn't be sorry.

Anyway, respect to the memory of the victims.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/17/13 10:46 PM

This was just so tragic and heart wrenching. A photo was posted earlier in this thread which at first I though may have been a fake. But it wasn't! At first glance it was hard to realize...to initially process right away..... that someone could be maimed like that and still be alive. That's how surreal and horrible this attack was. My prayers are with these poor people.

There were also pictures taken (I doubt the person knew)of Krystle Campbell on the street bleeding out and passing away. A couple sites have taken down the pics since it has been confirmed, but sadly with the internet it will always be there one way or another.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 01:15 AM

I saw that episode of family guy scareface. Hilarious but still pretty offensive even for family guy. It shows Peter being interviewed by Bob Costas about how he won the Boston marathon and the next scene is him running over a bunch of runners with his car...you get the idea. It also shows him getting involved with a Muslim group that plans to bomb a bridge (he ends up doing it by accident) I actually recorded it before it got banned. Didn't think much of it at the time. Just the usual crude and offensive humor lol

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 01:43 AM

I saw that episode of family guy scareface. Hilarious but still pretty offensive even for family guy.

I agree. I don't watch that show, but from the description of the original episode (and your opinion), it seems like it was a bunch of crap.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 01:49 AM

Sad to see something like this happen

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 01:50 AM

I saw that episode of family guy scareface. Hilarious but still pretty offensive even for family guy.

I agree. I don't watch that show, but from the description of the original episode (and your opinion), it seems like it was a bunch of crap.
The thing is, it was typical family guy humor, but the problem is you get sick fucked up individuals in this world who, after the bombing, decided to re cut it and edit it to make fun of the bombing, or atleast say the show predicted it.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 02:04 AM

I actually like the show olivant. It's hilarious most of the time, but the episode was cutting close to the line. Seth McFarlane is known for pushing boundaries, usually it's funny. This time around it coincidentally backfired

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 04:50 AM

Hmmmm....

Attached picture xboston-bombing-suspect-photo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.IfPypgkI-D.jpg
Posted By: jace

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 06:50 AM

The explosion in Texas has pushed it off the news for now. News on television and radio were leaking too much incorrect and speculative info on the bombing. All stations were in such a hurry to break a news story they forgot all their ethics. If they would step back and let law enforcement do their job it would help.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 12:24 PM

The media will be all over any news story these days, it is the story of our times. All these TV types and their Breaking News scoops!! All chasing that Pulitzer prize!!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Hmmmm....
Those are very common bags around here, hell i think i still have one in the basement from when i was in school. Apprently the feds have a very clear shot of the person's face, and a photo of another person of interest so we'll see what they say today.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 04:39 PM

The media is driving me nuts on this. They want an instant suspect. Whats the matter with them?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 04:50 PM

well, the feds have two suspects, they just aren't releasing the photo to the public yet.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 04:59 PM

nypost is disgusting, they had images of two men who they called suspects and it turns out they are innocent. http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/18/423876...over-photo-mess

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 05:03 PM

CNN said one was "dark skinned" what the hell is that?

Better to be right than first.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 05:56 PM

They arrested someone who allegedly sent the ricin to "Give 'em Hell Barry" and the senator from Mississippi. Of course the guy is some yazoo from Mississippi.. What does he think...that the president and U.. Senators open their own mail?"

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 06:09 PM

CNN said one was "dark skinned" what the hell is that?

Better to be right than first.
Thats because the boston police put out a BOLO alert for a dark skinned male wearing a black hoodie with a foreign accent who had been acting suspicious about 5 minutes before the bombs went off.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 07:29 PM

When I was in law school we would always hold a party along the Boston Marathon Route about 3 or 4 miles short of the finish line. The BU students would be closer to the finish line, and when I first heard the tragic news that there were explosions near the finish line, my first thought was that BU students would be harmed, and sadly enough, one of the fatalities was a BU student.

It may take time to identify and arrest the responsible party, but the case will be solved; it's a mathematical certainty.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/18/13 09:48 PM

The FBI just released pics of the two subjects

http://www.fbi.gov/news/updates-on-investigation-into-multiple-explosions-in-boston/photos

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 12:35 AM

I haven't been able to watch as much as I would have liked to the last couple days but I did see the photos/video of the suspects. Tho it's not a perfect video, they seem confident that somebody will be able to identify them. I hope they get them soon. I can imagine the amount of calls they are receiving. But, that's how they'll catch them.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 12:40 AM

I dunno where this photo came from but a friend of mine posted it on facebook, its not theirs but you can clearly see one of the suspects running away on the left hand side of the photo.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 01:51 AM

I dunno where this photo came from but a friend of mine posted it on facebook, its not theirs but you can clearly see one of the suspects running away on the left hand side of the photo.

Just saying, the 2nd suspect if guilty of this crime is really stupid. Not trying to hide his face and wearing a noticeable white hat. I won't be surprised if he turns him self in and rats out the other subject (if guilty of course).

EDIT: You can see the 2nd suspect behind the Richards family (the 8 year old victim) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BILJc0jCUAAVAxi.jpg:large

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:08 AM

I agree, atleast the first suspect wore his hat forward and had sunglasses on, this jackass has his hat backwards and face in plain sight.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:09 AM

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:12 AM

Something i just noticed in the one i posted, if you look at the image full sized and look next to the girl in pink, is that possibly the first suspect? dark complexion, khaki pants, black hat, black shoes, black coat, and he seems to be running in the same direction as the other guy.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:15 AM

Can't wait till these pieces of shit get caught! They better get the death penalty!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:42 AM

Something i just noticed in the one i posted, if you look at the image full sized and look next to the girl in pink, is that possibly the first suspect? dark complexion, khaki pants, black hat, black shoes, black coat, and he seems to be running in the same direction as the other guy.

I don't believe it's the same guy. The first suspect has no red on his coat (at least none was shown in the pics). But, then again the red could be from somebody right by him or behind him. It's also hard to tell if the hat is the same logo and if there is red on that as well.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:47 AM

I don't believe it's the same guy. The first suspect has no red on his coat (at least none was shown in the pics). But, then again the red could be from somebody right by him or behind him. It's also hard to tell if the hat is the same logo and if there is red on that as well.
thats what i mean, could it be? i mean i didn't see too many people in any photo wearing khaki pants if any, its only speculation of course, just seems like if it is he screwed up by giving a clear facial shot.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:57 AM

msnbc has officially lost whatever shred of credability they had left. now, its the fault of the NRA because these bombs, who nobody even knows the composition of so far, MIGHT have been consrtucted with gunpowder, which will be much harder to trace. the myth of gunpowder being used to create anything more than a big flash has long since been shot down, yet, as rahm emanuel always says, there's no reason to let a good tragedy go to waste, especially when it can be used to help further your floundering agenda. absolutly sickening, the whole shell of a network should be ashamed of themselves!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:55 AM

msnbc has officially lost whatever shred of credability they had left. now, its the fault of the NRA because these bombs, who nobody even knows the composition of so far, MIGHT have been consrtucted with gunpowder, which will be much harder to trace. the myth of gunpowder being used to create anything more than a big flash has long since been shot down, yet, as rahm emanuel always says, there's no reason to let a good tragedy go to waste, especially when it can be used to help further your floundering agenda. absolutly sickening, the whole shell of a network should be ashamed of themselves!

Every network is terrible. CNN is the worst though since they like defending rapists.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 10:14 AM

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/17/news/companies/family-guy-boston-marathon/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This is really absurd. They might as well shut down the whole Family Guy and while they are at it the American Dad; the carnage these cartoon characters sometimes leave behind is on a regular basis. So what if tomorrow a guy started a fight with a chicken and trashed half the city?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:01 AM

The City of Boston is closed!

For all intents and purposes the entire city is on lockdown now. All public transportation and schools are closed and the public is being told to stay home, and off the streets.

I can't even imagine what that is like (to have such a large city so affected).

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:05 AM

For all intents and purposes the entire city is on lockdown now. All public transportation and schools are closed and the public is being told to stay home, and off the streets.

It has been a crazy night. One suspect is dead, the other is still on the run. It's also been said (not confirmed I believe) that the two are brothers from Russia and been in the US for a year.

EDIT: The Boston Globe has confirmed it

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:23 PM

well, they're from Chechnya, crazy night is right.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 02:58 PM

The scene in Boston is eerie, with streets deserted and the city on lockdown as the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bomber continues.
Later today, a baseball game is scheduled at Fenway Park, but, like everyone else in the city right now, the Red Sox and Kansas City Royals are going nowhere.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:00 PM

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev described as ‘unassuming’ and ‘normal’

People who knew Dzhokhar Tsarnaev have started to share their memories of the Boston Marathon bombing suspect, calling him “unassuming” and “normal.”
Tsarnaev, the young man whom everyone knew as “Jahar,” was “a normal regular American kid,” said Ty Barros, 21, a former classmate at Cambridge Rindge and Latin High School.
He liked sports and listened to rap music with other kids hanging out in the Cambridge neighborhood around Norfolk Street, Barros said. ”He was a fairly popular kid, he was a fairly friendly nice kid,” Barros said. “I liked his personality.”
He said Jahar never talked politics or said much about the U.S., nor discussed the marathon.
“I would never assume he would have these types of feelings,” Barros said. “There must have been some really drastic changes in the time I haven’t seen him.”
George MacMasters, coordinator of aquatics at Harvard University, said he hired Tsarnaev as a life guard about two-and-a-half years ago, along with other high school students from Cambridge Rindge & Latin.
“I like to hire local youth,” MacMasters said. “Put’ em to work in the pool.”
MacMasters said Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who is still at large, was a good worker and got along well with the other lifeguards. “He seemed like a very quiet, unassuming young man.”
Larry Aaronson, a former teacher at Cambridge Rindge and Latin, told the Boston Globe that he knew Tsarnaev. “If someone were to ask me what the kid was like, I would say he had a heart of gold,” he said. “He was as gracious as possible.”
Robin Young, a public radio host, tweeted that Tsarnaev had been a friend of her nephew, writing, “heart is broken. just confirmed, I know dzhokhar tsarnave, one of best freinds of my beloved nephew,who says he never in his life saw this. [sic]”

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:06 PM

That's how it looked below 14th Street in the days after 9/11. And if you're not familiar with Manhattan, the southernmost tip of Manhattan north to 14th Street covers more ground than a lot of small midwestern towns.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:10 PM

Consider this: By their draconian actions, have Boston authorities enhanced potential terrorists' motivation? Will potential terrorists now consider that their action can shut down an entire city?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:12 PM

I just read somewhere that one of these scummy bastards had hopes of boxing in the Olympics???

So much crap flying around at the moment.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:15 PM

Consider this: By their draconian actions, have Boston authorities enhanced potential terrorists' motivation? Will potential terrorists now consider that their action can shut down an entire city?

Get outta here with that apologist nonsense, Oli. I love ya, man. And I know that you were defending this country in Vietnam while I was still in junior high school, so I know you've seen your share of random violence and senseless death. But that was a different time. If you lived through 9/11 in New York City I doubt you'd be asking that question.
Posted By: SEAN_SOUTH

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:21 PM

These guys were Chechen rebels right? That would make sense. They have strong ties to Al Qaeda.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:26 PM

But they have an uncle in Maryland and other family in the US so i heard, so how wide does their support system spread??

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
But they have an uncle in Maryland and other family in the US so i heard, so how wide does their support system spread??

God only knows, Yogi. Hopefully they'll take the younger scumbag alive and introduce him to Guantanamo North in order to find out.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

God only knows, Yogi. Hopefully they'll take the younger scumbag alive and introduce him to Guantanamo North in order to find out.

Hear, hear PB.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:35 PM

Chechen rebels are probably some of the most fanatical and active terrorists on the planet right now. They fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and are well known to be some of the biggest fundraisers of international terror around the globe.

They are known for hostage taking, explosions and have had some high profile incidents this year alone in RUssia. However lot of the organized crime viewed as Russian is also in fact Chechen rebels raising funds.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:36 PM

Speaking of said uncle i have just seen an interview with him on the news. Chaotic to say the least. I couldn't really understand what he was going on about and the 975 reporters around him just added to the chaos.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:39 PM

Damned Chechens.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:40 PM

Classic clip PB.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:54 PM

Didn't the Chechans blow up an opera house or a ballet or something like that in Moscow?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 03:56 PM

I couldn't help thinking of that clip when they announced one of the Chechens was still on the loose.

Hope he don't get away this time but one thing we know he might not be taken alive which in a way I would feel for the families. They deserve to know why they did this.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:06 PM

And the notorious Beslan school crisis. 380 dead, many of them children.

At the opera house the RUssians pumped through a toxic substance which killed not just the rebels but a lot of the hostages too. In Russia they don't give a fuck when it comes to cracking down on this shit.

You could argue it's always a tough call in those situations but that was drastic to say the least. The stuff they used to subdue the Chechens ended up killing all but two of the hostages. So if you ever get captured by terrorists, you better hope the Green Berets are coming because the sound of the Russian troops hollering outside ain't likely to be much of a crumb of comfort.

Brutal shit.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:16 PM

Now they have army black hawk choppers flying over as well as army EOD teams in working with state and federal enforcement.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:25 PM

the uncle doesnt have kind words for the dead suspect called him a loser and called them both bastards to. I dont think they are getting any support from anyone.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:29 PM

They got some strike teams building up as well.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:31 PM

apparently police are gonna get bulletproof vests for the media.
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:34 PM

What I can say about Chechens. They are very hardworking, they really keep together. Like try to insult one, in few minutes there'll be 100 of them around you. They are hotheads for sure.
If it's for me, I'd better be friends with them than enemy.

But yeah I surely want to know what brought these both guys into doing this...

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 04:45 PM

It's reported that the surviving one became a citizen last year.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 06:28 PM

Watertown was my home for a year in the late 80s though I wasn't able to recognize much of the area from the news coverage last night and this morning. It is surreasl though to see the Greater Boston metro area shut down completely.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 06:55 PM

Maybe some ideological support, but it doesn't appear to be much in the way of financial support. Considering they had to knock off a 7-11.

Pizzaboy, you made me laugh with that clip from Pine Barrens. Paulie: "The guy was an interior decorator." lol

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 07:57 PM

I don't know if it is connected or not, but nearly 3 blocks have been cordoned off here in Fullerton due to three suspicious packages being found. All the nearby shops and stores have been evacuated, and police, SWAT, bomb squads, and the FD are out in force.

Probably just a copy cat thing, but scary nonetheless. It is literally right around the corner from my apartment.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Watertown was my home for a year in the late 80s though I wasn't able to recognize much of the area from the news coverage last night and this morning. It is surreasl though to see the Greater Boston metro area shut down completely.

One of my cousin's lives about a half mile away from all of the shit going on. Apparently a photo has leaked, and been confirmed by police, of the dead brother in the hospital.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 08:38 PM

twitter account of this piece of shit
https://twitter.com/J_tsar

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 08:45 PM

Apparently NYPD sent people up here with some grills, and theyre cooking burgers for all the cops that've been working all night.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 09:23 PM

According to the scanner, Boston Police have someone in custody who APPEARS to be their target, but they said they need to confirm it first.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 10:33 PM

Ok, I know they just had an update but I was on the phone. In a nutshell, what happened? confused I take it they did not get the other guy??

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 10:40 PM

Ok, I know they just had an update but I was on the phone. In a nutshell, what happened? confused I take it they did not get the other guy??

TIS

Right.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 10:41 PM

TIS

There's been no talk on any of the news stations about the 2nd suspect possibly being apprehended.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 10:57 PM

Possible shots fired in Watertown.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 10:59 PM

Yea, that's what I'm hearing too. If he's on foot, it seems like he can't get to far or hide for very long. I hope they get him soon.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:05 PM

Something's going on. Lots of activity.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:14 PM

Apparently he's surrounded. Hopefully this is all over soon.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:19 PM

I "heard" that the Boston Globe reported suspect was pinned down but damn, there is so much jumping the gun I won't believe anything til the police or FBI say so.

smile

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:21 PM

I "heard" that the Boston Globe reported suspect was pinned down but damn, there is so much jumping the gun I won't believe anything til the police or FBI say so.

smile

TIS

Agreed..

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:26 PM

NOW, reporting (unconfirmed of course) that someone called police to report a boat with a body in it, with a tarp over body.

smile
TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:36 PM

NOW, reporting (unconfirmed of course) that someone called police to report a boat with a body in it, with a tarp over body.

smile
TIS

Reports of both that he's down and he's still moving-blood at the scene per the homeowner

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/19/13 11:40 PM

suspect is hit but still moving-tear gas deployed

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 12:50 AM

They got him in custody. Unfortunately he's breathing. mad

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 12:52 AM

I'm glad they cought him alive so we could get some explanation for why he did this. After that, kill him.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 12:52 AM

How could a lawyer defend him?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:03 AM

JOB WELL DONE, MASSACHUSETTS!! clap

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:06 AM

JOB WELL DONE, MASSACHUSETTES!! clap

Absolutely!!! Great job Boston, MA!!!! clap

I am glad he is alive. I want to hear why. Plus he can hopefully give police a lot of answers (assuming he is not critically injured)

TIS

Btw, do you see the people cheering?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:22 AM

I know my cousin's happy, she lives right by there so she can sleep easy with her husband and 2 kids. I would assume his injuries are somewhat severe, after all he's been bleeding out since this morning. Credit goes to not just Boston and Mass State Police, but to all the local cops that came and help, all the regional cops like New Hampshire State Police, Rhode Island, even the NY/NJ Port authority who came up to support the bombing investigation and even helped grill up some burgers for the guys out there today. Credit also goes to the FBI, ATF, HSI, hell even the DEA.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:32 AM

I know my cousin's happy, she lives right by there so she can sleep easy with her husband and 2 kids. I would assume his injuries are somewhat severe, after all he's been bleeding out since this morning. Credit goes to not just Boston and Mass State Police, but to all the local cops that came and help, all the regional cops like New Hampshire State Police, Rhode Island, even the NY/NJ Port authority who came up to support the bombing investigation and even helped grill up some burgers for the guys out there today. Credit also goes to the FBI, ATF, HSI, hell even the DEA.

I can imagine how tense & scary it was for the people in the city. I hear the boat was in someone's backyard. The woman saw blood on the boat and called the police. Now THAT'S close panic

Press conference starting now.

TIS
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:37 AM

I'll definitely second that.

I'm glad that there was no more loss of innocent lives, and they have the SOB in custody. Honestly, I thought he would either go down shooting or commit suicide rather than be taken alive.

But now Boston (and the surrounding areas) can breathe again. Actually, I guess we all can breathe again!

Signor V.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:57 AM

He did go down shooting, but was wounded from the earlier fighting and i assume just couldn't fight anymore.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 02:03 AM

This just goes to show one thing: if you fuck with Boston, Massachusetts they will shut down the entire city, get every name in law enforcement on the case, and hunt your ass down until your caught and then locked in a cage.

Moral of the story: DONT FUCK WITH BOSTON.

Congratulations to the boys in blue, LE, and everyone involved that helped catch this bastard. It's times like these that can test people's spirit but ultimately bring us together.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:16 PM

When this nightmare started, CNN speculated it was domestic right-wing terrorists behind this. Fox News speculated Al Qaeda. Both turned out to be wrong.

Again news media, DON'T SPECULATE. Report facts, report what's on the ground, don't just regurgitate what you hear/read online or from some guy that knows a guy who's cousins of a cop.

Also, terrorism here was defeated not by drones or Patriot Act, but law enforcement kicking ass.

Seriously, not heard "Chechnya" in the news in years.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:48 PM

Exactly right. The media coverage of this was so full of mistakes, false conclusions and gibberish, it was really difficult to follow it.

Next up? Some right wing crazy is going to say Obama set the whole thing up and that the lock down in Boston is the precursor to his "inevitable" declaration of martial law.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 01:49 PM

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 03:14 PM

Exactly right. The media coverage of this was so full of mistakes, false conclusions and gibberish, it was really difficult to follow it.

Next up? Some right wing crazy is going to say Obama set the whole thing up and that the lock down in Boston is the precursor to his "inevitable" declaration of martial law.

I heard that conspiracy talk at my workplace yesterday, how Obama wants to "distract" the public from his nefarious plans and North Korea. (BREAKING NEWS: North Korea still full of hot air. Carry on!)

Which really is fucking stupid when you think for a hard minute about this concept. People have short attention spans. By next week, we'll be worried about some other shit going on in the news. More and more, news cycles are increasingly shrinking thanks in part to the Internet. Nevermind the problem with why most conspiracy theories: Too many people know, too many bodies to bury if they want to talk or leak to the media.

Anyway, I saw briefly Fox News running a segment asking if the public is too PC about Muslims. Instead of talking about those people allegedly arrested in connection possibly with this bombing/mayhem. Which if you ask me is actual NEWS, not ideological porn which some people actually confuse for news these days.

I mean the fuckin' Chechnyans. Is this a plot by people connected with them in an international conspiracy or just somebody isolated activists who wanted to kill people to bring attention to their cause? Are they bringing their cause over here instead of just in Russia?

That information might actually be fucking relevant.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 04:26 PM

Quote:
[/quote]
Anyway, I saw briefly Fox News running a segment asking if the public is too PC about Muslims. Instead of talking about those people allegedly arrested in connection possibly with this bombing/mayhem. Which if you ask me is actual NEWS, not ideological porn which some people actually confuse for news these days.

I mean the fuckin' Chechnyans. Is this a plot by people connected with them in an international conspiracy or just somebody isolated activists who wanted to kill people to bring attention to their cause? Are they bringing their cause over here instead of just in Russia?

i read an article about muslim americans before these guys identities were known, it was about how they were hoping that it wasnt someone of arabic or muslim descent. To be honest i dont see what they are so worried about because lately when it comes to mass murder on american soil against american citizens, muslims should be the least of fox news is worries. And if we are being too PC about muslims what about young white men who walk into movie theatres, schools and places of worship to kill more than the three people these animals killed.

I thought chechyans were only in the movies, its like a die hard movie with the throwing bombs out of cars and shit.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 04:37 PM

To be honest i dont see what they are so worried about because lately when it comes to mass murder on american soil against american citizens, muslims should be the least of fox news is worries. And if we are being too PC about muslims what about young white men who walk into movie theatres, schools and places of worship to kill more than the three people these animals killed.

Excellent point.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

This great country gave them sanctuary because they claimed they were victims of religious and ethnic persecution in Eastern Europe.

Look how they repaid us...
Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 07:54 PM

This kids life is gonna be a living hell for a while. They are gonna take him swimming thats for sure.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/20/13 09:46 PM

There is a new terrorism on the rise hear in the good ole USA. I don't think it has a name yet, but it's extremist, misguided hatred. It takes the form of any human being with a big grudge who has access to guns, explosives and the internet know-how to make a bomb. Watch out fellow citizens, they are coming to a public gathering near you. Gun Control? Oh, yeah more important now than ever. Bomb Control? A new factor to consider. My time on earth is short. Unfortunately my precious grandchildren will have to deal with it.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 02:38 AM

According to NBC news Tsarnaev is responding to questions in writing. Good, at least we may get some answers.

smile

TIS

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/...-questions?lite
Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 01:49 PM

To be honest i dont see what they are so worried about because lately when it comes to mass murder on american soil against american citizens, muslims should be the least of fox news is worries. And if we are being too PC about muslims what about young white men who walk into movie theatres, schools and places of worship to kill more than the three people these animals killed.

Excellent point.

I think it's just killing some of you that the Tea Party or gun nuts weren't involved in this deal. smile Islamic terrorists have committed more than 20,741 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.html
White guys have incidentally been responsible for what, 3? All in the past year.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 02:28 PM

If you want to know how stupid the american people are, take note that the Czech Republic had to issue a statement asking Americans to stop bombarding them with complaints, with an explanation that they were not Chechnya.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 02:41 PM

To our legal experts:

I understand that the bomber suspect was not read his miranda rights because of an exception of "public safety." As I understand it, he can only be asked certain questions about the possibility of more bombs/danger to America, correct? AND, I heard earlier today that anything he tells the FBI during this period can not be used against him? Is that correct?

Also, please clarify....in GENERAL, if a person who is NOT a citizen gets arrested in the U.S. does the Miranda rights NOT apply to he/she? In other words is our law only for American citizens. The media makes it very confusing but I am guessing that anyone in the U.S. that's arrested would have his/her rights read no??? confused

Btw, how nice to get legal info from our experts here on the BB and NOT pay an arm, a leg, and a first born. lol

Thanks

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 02:59 PM

I heard he was a citizen. I also heard that the ACLU are ticked cuz he hasn't been read his rights yet. Oh please This group makes me sick. IMO he gave up his rights when he made the bomb and took it to the marathon.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 03:02 PM

If you want to know how stupid the american people are, take note that the Czech Republic had to issue a statement asking Americans to stop bombarding them with complaints, with an explanation that they were not Chechnya.

This underscores the fact that fear and ignorance pose a greater danger to us than anything.

On a personal note I went on Mapquesst and found out that the second suspect was captured at an address that was .6 miles from my home in Watertown during my third year in law school. I was able to recognize some of the landmarks during news coverage, but the town has changed very much since my days there. Whem I was there, Watertown was known as having the largest percentage of Armenians than any American town or city. I don't know if this is still the case.

Finally, two legal points that have been addressed in the manhunt and apprehension of the suspect. Many have condemned thje house to house search and shut down as a deprivation of Fourth Amendment rights. However, the law is settled that warrantless searches are permitted upon consent, when the search results from "hot pursuit," or where it can be demonstrated that taking the time to effectuate a warrant bears a substantial risk of harm or danger to the public. The last of these conditions would likely apply here to justify the actions of the police.

If during any of these searches for the bomber an officer observes in plain view drugs or any evidence of illegal activity, the owner can be arrested. Now the purpose of the warrantless search was to find a person. Therefore the police search could not include looking in drawers,cabinets, toilet tanks, etc where a body could not be found.

Also, there has been discussion on the decision not to read Miranda warnings to the suspect. Miranda warnings do not have to be read where there is an imminent threat of public harm. Present interrogation of the suspect is likely going to be deemed outside the period of imminent danger, but that is not of any major concern for the interrogators. The remedy for failing to mirasndize a defendant is the exclusion of any statements secured without giving the warning. The US Attorneys' Office has no plans on using the statements as they feel that a conviction can occur, based upon physical evidence.

Even without the warning in place, the suspect can still state that he does not wish to answer questions, at which time the interrogation must cease.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 03:02 PM

I heard he was a citizen. I also heard that the ACLU are ticked cuz he hasn't been read his rights yet. Oh please This group makes me sick. IMO he gave up his rights when he made the bomb and took it to the marathon.

Mig the suspect IS a citizen. The second part of my post was "in general" and NOT referring to the suspect.

TIS

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 03:11 PM

What Klydon said.... AND

There is a specific exception to the Miranda warning which pertains to information about plans for future activity. Also it is important to note that the only thing that happens when someone is not given Miranda rights is the information given that is not otherwise already available, i.e. "did you run your brother over" is something they can ask him without reading him his rights because they have plenty of other evidence that he did. ll they could not use against him would be the specific admission he made before he was mirandized.

The Administration was 100% correct not to read him his rights at this stage of the proceedings. I have a hunch they have enough to convict him of plenty Miranda or no Miranda. Whomever has his or her panties in a wad over this is way over reacting.

As for this drivel about their not "assimilating, " I hardly think Cambridge and Watertown are the most hostile places on earth to outsiders.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 03:37 PM

IMO he gave up his rights when he made the bomb and took it to the marathon.

Oh, that'll work real good. Our support for and compliance with Constitutional rights should be predicated on our passion?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Excellent point.

I think it's just killing some of you that the Tea Party or gun nuts weren't involved in this deal. smile Islamic terrorists have committed more than 20,741 deadly terrorist attacks since 9/11. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.html
White guys have incidentally been responsible for what, 3? All in the past year.

Its not really killing me either way. If you read my entire post i was referring to an article about muslim americans hoping it wasnt another muslim before these guys were identified. Also i was referring to mass killings on us soil against us citizens (since 9/11 which was a big one, ill give you that) and i felt that muslim americans should not be made to feel this way as they are not the most frequent offenders when it comes to this type of crime in america, when it comes down to it if muslims get treated differently in a negative way for this than so should the races of or religions of those other mass murderers.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 03:45 PM

KLY and DT, thanks for pointing out the practice of the law, its application, and potential outcomes. I would add that the IV amendment proscribes unreasonable searches and seizures, not just any search and seizure without a warrant.

I find it a little amusing though that the Court's ruling in Miranda was a good example of substantive due process (made up)and now have a public safety exception to it.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 05:50 PM

Suspect charged with using weapon of mass destruction.

Attorney General Eric Holder announced today that Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, a U.S. citizen and resident of Cambridge, Mass., has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction against persons and property at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013, resulting in the death of three people and injuries to more than 200 people.....

TIS

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2013/April/13-ag-455.html

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 05:57 PM

Original geschrieben von: dontomasso

So he wants them to send their "complaints" to the Russians?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/22/13 11:17 PM

On the way home from work they were having a contest on the radio . Picking nicknames for the two bombers.

The late bomber#1 will now be known as "Speedbump"
The wounded and captured bomber#2 will now be
known as "Dry Dock"

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 12:50 AM

In the wake of the revelations about the violent nature of accused marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev, investigators in the Boston suburbs tell ABC News they are probing whether he may have been involved in an unsolved grisly triple homicide of a former roommate and two others. The murders took place around the tenth anniversary of the September 11 attacks.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 01:17 AM

MSNBC just read the transcript from the hospital bed between the judge and Tsarnaev.

Tsarnaev says that he and his brother acted alone and were motivated by religion. They learned to make the bomb from the internet.

smile
TIS

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/...ligion#comments

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 02:50 AM

Oh, that'll work real good. Our support for and compliance with Constitutional rights should be predicated on our passion?

This is my opinion which I am entitled to. I don't expect you to agree or disagree with me.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 03:18 AM

The older brother in the morgue...

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 03:19 AM

This is my opinion which I am entitled to. I don't expect you to agree or disagree with me.

Well, so much for Great Expectations!

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 03:31 AM

Beck Breaks Exclusive Information on Saudi National Once Considered a Person of Interest in Boston Bombings
April 22, 2013

Background points:

A Saudi national originally identified as a "person of interest" in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212 3B -- "Security and related grounds" -- "Terrorist activities" after the bombing.

As the story gained traction, TheBlaze's Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national, originally identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.

An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but is "in no way" connected to the bombings.

A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was created, that he was "linked" in some way to the Boston bombings (though it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.

Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano.

Fox News' Todd Starnes reports that Alharbi was allegedly flagged on a terrorist watch list and granted a student visa without being properly vetted. Sources close to the investigation also told him the Saudi is still set for deportation.

New information provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi's file was altered early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges.

Sources say the Saudi's student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts

Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.

(Article continued)
http://news.yahoo.com/beck-breaks-exclus...-144627335.html

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 03:42 AM

Well, so much for Great Expectations!

I'm with mignon oli. I respect you a great deal, but I am of the opinion of no mercy on terrorists and those who would harm innocent people. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for any one of these bastards whether domestic, Chechyen or a maniac with a turban. Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 05:17 AM

For once in his life, Bill Maher gets it right...(and puts a liberal professor in his place)

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 05:21 AM

For once in his life, Bill Maher gets it right...(and puts a liberal professor in his place)

He always gets it right. Some of it is just too painful for you to accept. grin

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

If somebody finds themselves agreeing with Maher most of the time, that's the surest sign they're on the wrong path. He's one of those guys who I'd love to see the look on his face when he finally finds out the truth.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 05:31 AM

If somebody finds themselves agreeing with Maher most of the time, that's the surest sign they're on the wrong path. He's one of those guys who I'd love to see the look on his face when he finally finds out the truth.

Coming from someone who thinks is on the right path! Sadly, there is no way to see the look on your face at the end, because there would be no face and no sensation and nothing more to see and perceive. I wish there was though, it would be a hoot. lol

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 05:38 AM

Coming from someone who thinks is on the right path! Sadly, there is no way to see the look on your face at the end, because there would be no face and no sensation and nothing more to see and perceive. I wish there was though, it would be a hoot. lol

I don't know how old you are but, as you grow older and get closer to the end of your life, I'm willing to bet you're going to start feeling just a little uneasy about your atheist position. That's all I'm going to say.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 05:45 AM

I don't know how old you are but, as you grow older and get closer to the end of your life, I'm willing to bet you're going to start feeling just a little uneasy about your atheist position. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm old enough. I'm already uneasy with dying and not being anymore. Doesn't mean I want to delude myself with the tales of everlasting life just to feel comfortable. I think facing the hard truth that this is your only life is much better for everyone if they could handle it.

Now I wouldn't say I'd never change my mind, my mind stems from my brain cells that are on the path to decline at this age. It's begun already, it begins at 35, I'm 36. I might lose my brain cells, lose my mind and become religious. Doesn't mean I'm in my right mind though. grin

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 11:27 AM

Original geschrieben von: Mignon
Original geschrieben von: olivant
Original geschrieben von: Mignon

I don't understand. What do constitutional rights have to do with one's opinion? And how can anybody give up their constitutional rights?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 02:12 PM

For once I agree with him.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 02:15 PM

Mig I agree with him a lot more than you do, but you are right. He made duck soup out of that professor. His point about the Book of Mormon was spot on.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 02:17 PM

It didn't work out that way for Christopher Hitchens.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito

I don't understand. What do constitutional rights have to do with one's opinion? And how can anybody give up their constitutional rights?

Exactly D. One can waive one's constitutional right such as the assistance of counsel, but the privilege lies exclusively with the accused. However, regarding opinion and constitutional rights, one reason that our Constitution includes a Bill of Rights was because British soldiers and constabulary had sometimes been arbitrary when performing their policing function. In other words, sometimes British soldiers succumbed to their passions when it came to law enforcement. Given that the Founding Fathers were creating a brand new government, delegates such as George Mason of Virginia were concerned that the new government could succumb to its passions and prey upon citizens. That's why he opined that a list of rights should be added to the Constitution.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/23/13 03:23 PM

Wow, Bill Maher really gave it to that weasel. clap clap

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 01:53 AM

Quote:
no mercy on terrorists

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 02:05 AM

His opinion has changed since then, I assure you. wink

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 02:18 AM

His opinion has changed since then, I assure you. wink

You don't know that. Dont pretend you do

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 02:35 AM

Again, don't make the mistake of assuming that, because you don't know, nobody does.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 02:46 AM

Again, don't make the mistake of assuming that, because you don't know, nobody does.

Oh yeah? What makes you so sure you know? Seriously, I admit I don't know what happens to us after we die. But why get on a damn high horse and preach to "know the way"? Faith is one thing but the only people who really if there is an afterlife can't come back to tell us or if the true religion is whatever one we've made up in our 100,000 year existence. Fact is you can't know and no one does.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 02:56 AM

Oh yeah? What makes you so sure you know? Seriously, I admit I don't know what happens to us after we die. But why get on a damn high horse and preach to "know the way"? Faith is one thing but the only people who really if there is an afterlife can't come back to tell us or if the true religion is whatever one we've made up in our 100,000 year existence. Fact is you can't know and no one does.

Whoa, back up. Who's preaching about "knowing the way" here? I haven't gone into any detail about anything because it wouldn't do any good here. I'm simply saying that, just because you don't know, doesn't mean nobody does. And saying that isn't getting on a "high horse."

"The nonspeculative nature of the Christian faith makes it unpalatable to many whose lives are thoroughly grounded in philosophical conjecture."

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 03:04 AM

Whoa, back up. Who's preaching about "knowing the way" here? I haven't gone into any detail about anything because it wouldn't do any good here. I'm simply saying that, just because you don't know, doesn't mean nobody does. And saying that isn't getting on a "high horse."I

"The nonspeculative nature of the Christian faith makes it unpalatable to many whose lives are thoroughly grounded in philosophical conjecture."

My apologies if I seemed too hostile. You seemed to imply that you knew what happened after we die. It you look at the book of Mormon thread you'll see a point I made about Mormonism being a hard religion to swallow for most people. Christianity is like that for a lot of people as well. Doesn't mean they're wrong it's just what they believe. I think that bothers a lot of Evangelicals and conservative Christians, especially ones I've been around

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 03:13 AM

My apologies if I seemed too hostile. You seemed to imply that you knew what happened after we die. It you look at the book of Mormon thread you'll see a point I made about Mormonism being a hard religion to swallow for most people. Christianity is like that for a lot of people as well. Doesn't mean they're wrong it's just what they believe. I think that bothers a lot of Evangelicals and conservative Christians, especially ones I've been around

And like I pointed out in the other thread, Evangelicals and Christians get no pass from me for having a hard time believing in the Book of Mormon. Atheists and agnostics? OK. But other Christians? Nope. Not when you consider they believe any number of things in the Bible that could be argued to be just as unfathomable.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 03:28 AM

Sort of hard to argue with that. Christianity is a unique religion in that there are so many different offshoots all proclaiming to be the right one. Each has it's own set of beliefs. And to me, the parting of the red sea, the virgin Mary with no sperm and egg, is just as impossible as what Joseph Smith did. You tell me how an uneducated farmer wrote a book in two months and was able to read languages that didn't even exist when the plates were written. It's either a divince source or it's crap, and I'm inclined to go with the latter. But again my opinion, not trying to shit on what you believe

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 04:02 AM

You tell me how an uneducated farmer wrote a book in two months and was able to read languages that didn't even exist when the plates were written.

For the record, the specific engravings on the plates, which were translated into the Book of Mormon, were in what was called "Reformed Egyptian." They were Egyptian characters that were uniquely altered by the people who kept the records. And Egyptian certainly did exist at the time the plates were made.
Posted By: jace

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 04:05 AM

Why is everyone on here talking about Mormons? Muslims set off the bombs, and were plotting Canadian bombings. Did I miss something in news on Mormons?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 04:15 AM

You tell me how an uneducated farmer wrote a book in two months and was able to read languages that didn't even exist when the plates were written.

For the record, the specific engravings on the plates, which were translated into the Book of Mormon, were in what was called "Reformed Egyptian." They were Egyptian characters that were uniquely altered by the people who kept the records. And Egyptian certainly did exist at the time the plates were made.

Ivy it should be noted no non-Mormon scholar acknowledges the existence of "reformed Egyptian" or the script within the golden plates as a language. It also should be noticed that the angel took the plates back after joesph was done translating them. Interesting coincidence as we now cannot confirm they ever existed. Also the 11 Mormon witnesses were all close friends, family or financial backers to Joseph Smith, during a time when these people believed heavily in the supernatural (magic and witches for ex.) which we now know there is no such thing.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: jace
Why is everyone on here talking about Mormons? Muslims set off the bombs, and were plotting Canadian bombings. Did I miss something in news on Mormons?

Well, there was this. wink
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57581090/mormon-bishop-with-samurai-sword-runs-off-attacker/

But I see your point. We got off track. Apologies all around.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 04:17 AM

Yeah same. Ivy we could take this debate to a private PM
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/24/13 11:21 PM

If somebody finds themselves agreeing with Maher most of the time, that's the surest sign they're on the wrong path.

I disagree with you on that. But I wont debate you on why, to each his own.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/25/13 02:58 PM

I thought those magic golden plates disappeared. And why woud they be written in any iteration of Egyptian?
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/25/13 08:16 PM

Anyway, returning to the discussion about the Boston bombing, Chechen terrorists in America was the last thing I was expecting. It's like Cosa Nostra moving to Siberia or Nigerian gangs in Antarctica.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/26/13 01:22 AM

Networks reported that both brothers received public assistance. Younger one may have gotten college tuition assistance. Meanwhile, mother says "America took my boys from me." mad

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/26/13 03:06 PM

Those parents are something else. I see the father is coming over here. Could a book deal be far behind?

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/28/13 12:17 AM

I love the video of her with the black dress and the drab headscarf. Meanwhile, one of the reasons she fled the US was because she was accused of stealing almost $2,000 worth of dresses from Lord and Taylor. Gee, I didn't realize they had a babushka department at Lord and Taylor. rolleyes

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/28/13 02:44 AM

I read on MSN today that the mother is on the US terror database list.

Re: Explosion At Boston Marathon! - 04/28/13 04:11 PM

So was Ted Kennedy and David Nelson.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET