Home

Morning Joe (Coffee)

Posted By: Skinny

Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 02:22 AM

Any coffee nuts on here? Lol no pun intended... What kind of coffee do you drink and how do you like it?

Im cheap. At home i drink folgers dark (the gourmet vacuum sealed kind), or if im out, mcdonalds coffee, or dunkin donuts coffee... 2 sugars and 2 creamer. My given preference is Raw sugar and Baileys French Vanilla Creamer.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Any coffee nuts on here? Lol no pun intended... What kind of coffee do you drink and how do you like it?

Im cheap. At home i drink folgers dark (the gourmet vacuum sealed kind), or if im out, mcdonalds coffee, or dunkin donuts coffee... 2 sugars and 2 creamer. My given preference is Raw sugar and Baileys French Vanilla Creamer.

Cafe con leche every morning! Beans straight from Peru! Another item I started late in life!
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 02:27 AM

i'm a bit crazy when it comes to coffee. my go to brand is folgers columbian, pretty solid for the price. i use a percolator, but i go way overboard with the amount. i'll use 2 heaping scoops per cup, and to make it even more intense, i don't use a filter!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Another item I started late in life!

Late in life?

You're thirtysomething years old. Enough with the melodrama already tongue grin.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 06:37 PM

I gotta have my coffee in the morning. None of this Starbucks sissy stuff either smile. Plain black coffee (Folgers, Maxwell House, etc). Oh, and NO deCaf either.

TIS

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Another item I started late in life!

Late in life?

You're thirtysomething years old. Enough with the melodrama already tongue grin.

Sorry, all this Sun, sand and 80 degree weather has me down!

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 06:51 PM

Burger King has good brew. IMO

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 06:52 PM

I'll be back early Wednesday, ballbreaker lol.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 06:55 PM

I'll be back early Wednesday, ballbreaker lol.

New Rochele will be here Wednesday also? Interesting? Very interesting? Tell him go easy on room inspection this time! He brings a heavy quarter, told him that's why it don't bounce during bed inspection.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:07 PM

Lol

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:08 PM

Tried irish cream today, not bad.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i'm a bit crazy when it comes to coffee. my go to brand is folgers columbian, pretty solid for the price. i use a percolator,

that is also my go to brand and i also use a percolator lol

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I gotta have my coffee in the morning. None of this Starbucks sissy stuff either smile. Plain black coffee (Folgers, Maxwell House, etc). Oh, and NO deCaf either.

TIS

same here

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:28 PM

Folgers at home. McDonald's "dollar menu" on the road. I almost never look at prices when I order anything anywhere, let alone McDonald's. But how the hell can you beat any size coffee for a buck? And it's damn good coffee, too! smile

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:31 PM

[quote=pizzaboy]Folgers at home. McDonald's "dollar menu" on the road. I almost never look at prices when I order anything anywhere!

Pizza. Weird same here. My wife gave me this little plastic thing that she says to use to pay? It's weird I just keep giving it to people and get whatever I want?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:34 PM

I rarely go out for coffee, but when I do, it's usually McDonald's. My kids like Starbucks and Dunkin lattes and crap, but $4 for coffee is just silly, IMO.

I like Eight O'clock whole bean coffee, or Gevalia ground. I usually buy the two pound bag at Costco. Yum.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:38 PM

Is $16 to much for a Martini? If so I overpay daily!

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:46 PM

depends, is it a dirty martini? lol

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

A sprinkle of Orange peel!

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:50 PM

A sprinkle of Orange peel! Salerno Dominic Salerno!

Sounds about right
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:51 PM

About to go out with my family my mom f'n flippped out were picking a place telling my sister (If she orders the f'n expensive wine she can pay for it!.) Really looking forward to this late brunch or whatever the fuck

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:51 PM

^^^^
Si chiama?

Are you drunk right now? wink shhh

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:52 PM

^^^^
Si chiama?

Are you drunk right now? wink shhh

Si, no mange
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:54 PM

Usually at home its whatever we have for the kurig, if im out and about, no matter the temperature or weather I go to dunks and get me a large regular iced coffee.
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 07:55 PM

When ever did a price tag make anything taste better?

on the otherside....
I will say that free always taste better. smile
Posted By: olivant

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I rarely go out for coffee, but when I do, it's usually McDonald's. My kids like Starbucks and Dunkin lattes and crap, but $4 for coffee is just silly, IMO.

I like Eight O'clock whole bean coffee, or Gevalia ground. I usually buy the two pound bag at Costco. Yum.

I buy Folgers or Maxwell House. However, my wife buys coffee that costs around $16 a lb. She also has one of our daughters who lives in Oregon send her coffee beans that she then grinds up. I really don't care for the sound of that grinder so early in the morning. Sometimes I think she has me in it.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
I really don't care for the sound of that grinder so early in the morning.

Are you talking about your wife or the thing that pulverizes the beans?

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 08:05 PM

Oh, so clever! And from Throggs Neck. Who woulda thunk it?

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/24/13 08:06 PM

Oh, so clever!

I'm sometimes lucid when I forget to start drinking before noon. Don't get used to it.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/25/13 10:03 AM

We have Starbucks here which is okay but we have a rival chain called Costa Coffee which i think is better, nicer cakes and pastries for starters.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/26/13 01:24 AM

I have a Rancilio espresso machine and make two cups of cappucino every morning. My preferred bean is Trader Joe's Italian Roast. Costco has excellent beans at great prices, but they all come in three-pound bags--the beans go stale if I buy in that quantity.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/26/13 02:38 AM

Try keeping them in the freezer, TB.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/26/13 03:14 PM

I love the sound of grinders in the morning. It sounds like.........victory.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/26/13 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

You and my wife would love each other.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/26/13 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Charlie don't drink coffee!!!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 08:37 PM

I never had a cup of coffee in my life.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
I never had a cup of coffee in my life.

What??? Counselor do you swear on a bible you're telling the truth so help you God? lol Seriously, never? Just doesn't appeal to you or what?

TIS

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 09:14 PM

I like tea, but coffee never appealed to me. My wife drinks it daily, and for years I've made trips to get her a cup at her favorite spots, but I never got an urge even to try it.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 09:32 PM

I like tea, but coffee never appealed to me. My wife drinks it daily, and for years I've made trips to get her a cup at her favorite spots, but I never got an urge even to try it.

I think my faith in you (and lawyers) has been shattered. No coffee? Madonne! How can you make all of these erudite comments about the NFL and not drink coffee? Sure, being an Eagles fan I can understand your liking tea. But to root for the Steelers you got to have coffee in your veins.

Normally, after reading such an alarming revelation, I'd have to go lay down and rest. But I just drank some coffee, so I can't even blink.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 09:34 PM

Don't know why, but I remember my first cup of coffee. I was 19 and worked downtown. On a twenty minute break I walked to the coffee shop next door and ordered black coffee and a doughnut. smile I've drank it ever since. Cream/sugar in it just doesn't appeal to me.

On the other hand, and for whatever reason, my mom would always give us warm tea and a slice of toast when we were not feeling well. confused My tea HAS to have cream/sugar or it's no good. Yet, ice tea is straight. I'm so weird. lol

TIS

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 09:35 PM

I think my faith in you (and lawyers) has been shattered. No coffee? Madonne! How can you make all of these erudite comments about the NFL and not drink coffee? Sure, being an Eagles fan I can understand your liking tea. But to root for the Steelers you got to have coffee in your veins.

Normally, after reading such an alarming revelation, I'd have to go lay down and rest. But I just drank some coffee, so I can't even blink.

It's true. This is one fact about me that never ceases to amaze people. I'm not sure how many of us, who have never allowed coffee to pass our lips, exist.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/27/13 10:01 PM

sorry to veer off topic a bit, but i love a nice cup of tea at night to unwind. here is my all-time favorite, instead of sugar a slash of high quality maple syrup is amazing! order here and thank me later wink

http://www.tealaden.com/product/maple-te...CFcRQOgodqAYACQ

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/28/13 02:07 AM

I do enjoy tea, but I like black tea, like Irish or English Breakfast, or some Earl Grey. At night, if I'm drinking it to unwind, I enjoy chamomile or lemon.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/28/13 12:40 PM

Give me tea over coffee any day hot or cold. Now when I do drink coffee I like to add French Vanilla to it.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/28/13 05:39 PM

My sister used to be in love with tea. Everytime we'd go see her she would serve tea. She's been drinking coffee now for decades though.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 02/28/13 06:56 PM

I like both, depends on mood, time of day and other considerations, like if I am in England.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 07:41 AM

Too funny. Folgers and Maxwell House (original roast) are probably my 2 favorite supermarket coffees too, along with "8 O'Clock". I can't stand Starbucks. At any price, IMO it is one of the worst coffees there is. Tastes like mud.

....And DeCaf is just wrong. wink
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 04:30 PM

Tastes burnt to me.
Posted By: SC

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Folgers and Maxwell House (original roast) are probably my 2 favorite supermarket coffees too, along with "8 O'Clock".

I was just turned on to "8:00 Coffee" and I love it. It has a great roasted taste and smell. I'll also buy Maxwell House and Dunkin' Donuts brands.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 05:16 PM

I can't say I buy it BUT I remember Dunkin' Donuts coffee being really good. I don't see it at the grocery store though. Do you have to buy it at Dunkin' Donuts only?

smile

TIS

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 05:19 PM

Do you have to buy it at Dunkin' Donuts only?

It's sold in supermarkets and convenience stores here in the local area, plus their own donut stores.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Do you have to buy it at Dunkin' Donuts only?

It's sold in supermarkets and convenience stores here in the local area, plus their own donut stores.

Is it any more expensive than regular brands (ie Maxwell House, Folgers, etc.)? I think I'll look for it next time I go shopping. smile

TIS

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 06:42 PM

Folgers and Maxwell House (original roast) are probably my 2 favorite supermarket coffees too, along with "8 O'Clock".

I was just turned on to "8:00 Coffee" and I love it. It has a great roasted taste and smell. I'll also buy Maxwell House and Dunkin' Donuts brands.

8 O'Clock is definitely one of the best. I can remember when I was a kid and it was sold exclusively at A&P Supermarkets. They had grinders in the store and you would grind the beans yourself. I like DD too, but think it's slightly overrated. I like McDonald's coffee and think it's underrated.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 07:27 PM

Is it any more expensive than regular brands (ie Maxwell House, Folgers, etc.)? I think I'll look for it next time I go shopping.

It's usually about the same as other premium brands. It's on sale this week here for $6.99 for a 12 oz bag of ground coffee.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 07:44 PM

Is it any more expensive than regular brands (ie Maxwell House, Folgers, etc.)? I think I'll look for it next time I go shopping.

It's usually about the same as other premium brands. It's on sale this week here for $6.99 for a 12 oz bag of ground coffee.

Is that 12 oz bag at the supermarket or the DD store? I'm only asking because the bags used to be a full pound at the DD stores.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 07:57 PM

The 12 oz bag is from the supermarket. It usually sells for $8.99 or so.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:08 PM

The Costco here sells Dunkin Donuts coffee. They also sell lots of other coffee at great prices.

SC, you might remember the old A&P small groceries in various neighborhoods. They all had a great smell of fresh coffee from those huge grinders they had in the front of the store. Their brands were Eight O'Clock, Bokar and (?) Black,red and yellow bags.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:08 PM

OK. At the DD store, it's $10 a pound which is a better deal. I thought maybe they downsized their bags to 12 oz.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:14 PM

True story how I discovered Dunkin' Donuts coffee. wink

Years ago, in Michigan, with two little kids, and when money was tight, my husband and I couldn't afford a major night out (dinner, movie etc). We'd get a sitter for a couple hours (it would be our therapy LOL) and went to a Dunkin' Donuts by our house and just sit and talk as we'd have several cups of coffee. Of course, I remember using a coupon, buy one donut and cup of coffee and get a 2nd cup free. lol I remember their coffee being really good.

When I hear/see Dunkin' Donuts I get a flash of that memory for some reason.

TIS

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:18 PM

OK. At the DD store, it's $10 a pound which is a better deal. I thought maybe they downsized their bags to 12 oz.

Good to know that. I never bought the bags at the DD stores.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
SC, you might remember the old A&P small groceries in various neighborhoods. They all had a great smell of fresh coffee from those huge grinders they had in the front of the store. Their brands were Eight O'Clock, Bokar and (?) Black,red and yellow bags.

Until Just Lou mentioned it here (above) I didn't remember that Eight O'Clock coffee was sold at A&P. Now, after your description too, I have a vague memory of it. The stores with the old wooden floors and their displays......

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:24 PM

Years ago, in Michigan, with two little kids, and when money was tight, my husband and I couldn't afford a major night out (dinner, movie etc). We'd get a sitter for a couple hours (it would be our therapy LOL) and went to a Dunkin' Donuts by our house and just sit and talk as we'd have several cups of coffee.

Good memory, huh?

I think any store (or chain) that specializes in selling donuts MUST have a good coffee.

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 03/04/13 08:55 PM

Years ago, in Michigan, with two little kids, and when money was tight, my husband and I couldn't afford a major night out (dinner, movie etc). We'd get a sitter for a couple hours (it would be our therapy LOL) and went to a Dunkin' Donuts by our house and just sit and talk as we'd have several cups of coffee.

Good memory, huh?

I think any store (or chain) that specializes in selling donuts MUST have a good coffee.

Well, neither good nor bad memory. Just that I hear of DD and think of that and the good coffee. I never really go to donut shops these days, for the most part, but yea, it would seem logical that a donut place MUST have good coffee. smile

TIS
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Morning Joe (Coffee) - 04/29/13 08:08 PM

Love coffee and have at least 5 cups before noon. Usually brew Duncan Donuts but also a friend often brings me a can of Tim Hortons, from a Canadian chain which is now working it's way down the east coast- very similar to Duncans. Also have a buddy who brings me coffee from Columbia when he goes down there. For Christmas, my 3 daughters gave me a Kerig coffee maker and some of their coffees are pretty good
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET