Home

Organ Donor(s)

Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 04:06 PM

Hey

I know we have so many scholars on here so before I Google it and got a bunch of BS, I was wondering if someone would have any insight, stories and/or answers for my question.

I was just watching the news a guy on life support died in NJ this morning. I have a friend whose mom is/was sick and he donated a Kidney. Can you legally sell one of your kidneys or organs that you wouldn't need to keep living. My friend who did it was only in the hospital for a few days and was on his feet 2-3 days afterwards so it didn't seem like anything to serious. I mean this sounds greedy but if people have the money and want to save a loved one whats one to do?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 04:19 PM

I carry a donor card so in the event of my demise my organs can be harvested for some poor souls future use. In the event of said poor soul being provided with my worn out old liver, they would probably be better off not having it lol

I would not sell any of my organs but if any of my immediate family needed a kidney they could have one of mine, in a heartbeat!!
Posted By: RichieAnimal

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 06:39 PM

After June of this year who gets donor organs will drastically change. Now it is on first asks is first served.

After June under obama care it is those who get the most use out of it gets it.

Means younger people will get them not older people like 60 year olds have no chance to get them. Unless your a doctor or a politician

Remember Obama said there will be no death panels?
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Can you legally sell one of your kidneys or organs that you wouldn't need to keep living.

No. It is illegal in the United States to sell or purchase a living human organ.

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 07:46 PM

The price of illegal organ black market will really go up after June. It might be a nice business to get into
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: RichieAnimal
After June of this year who gets donor organs will drastically change. Now it is on first asks is first served.

Means younger people will get them not older people like 60 year olds have no chance to get them. Unless your a doctor or a politician

Determining who receives an organ depends on multiple factors, including compatability and need. To characterize it as "first come, first served" is misleading.

The Affordable Care Act does not change the manner in which donor recipients are determined.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

Determining who receives an organ depends on multiple factors, including compatability and need. To characterize it as "first come, first served" is misleading.

The Affordable Care Act does not change the manner in which donor recipients are determined.

Exactly Kly. Organ donations and availability are set and handled by non-profit organizations. There are both federal and state laws that govern donations and transplants as well as standards set by the JCHAO. They've all existed ever since organ donation and transplant became practical. There are a huge number of criteria and variables involved in establishing recipient suitability for an organ.

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 08:43 PM

Better check into it again. I know I am right about it.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/11/13 11:40 PM

In China last year some kid sold one of his kidney's so he could buy an iPad and Iphone. I hope he's enjoying them. I wonder what he'll sell when the new models come out? lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126172/Chinese-boy-sells-kidney-buy-iPad-iPhone.html
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/12/13 04:56 PM

Our church received a very nice organ a couple of years ago. The donor was an elderly gentleman who asked that the church put it to good use. It was only a few years old.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/13/13 03:50 PM

^^^^ lol

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/13/13 09:27 PM

I Have been donating my organ to my wife for the past 42 years. She can still get some use out if it.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/13/13 11:01 PM

Better check into it again. I know I am right about it.

Oli and Kly are pretty well educated and are respected professionals outside of this board so I'd take their advice over yours I apperciate you input though. - Thank You

Re: Organ Donor(s) - 01/14/13 12:57 AM

The way I heard it when they passed Obama care it was not on it. It was added later, but it doesn't matter to me. I am old and if I needed a transplant I would not get it even if I could, if it is true it will be no doubt find out about it after June.

If it is true then I guess those really smart educated people are not actually as smart as you think they are.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET