Home

Ground Zero

Posted By: Dixie_DaddysGirl_Snell

Ground Zero - 12/17/12 06:06 PM

I visited one of my uncles last week in New York, and i had not been there since the ground zero incident and so while i was there i went to the Christmas Memorial for the soldiers and everybody involved from ground zero and around the town. They are doing a good job with all the new and upcoming buildings. It is amazing at all the progress that has went on. If anyone has not been there it is an amazing thing and everyone should go.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Ground Zero - 12/17/12 11:37 PM

Dix,

I was there on 9/11/01..on the ground, in the cloud. Someday I will make the pilgrimage to Ground Zero. I'm sure it will be a tearful day. I worked in the area for 3 years after and saw the destruction and the beginning of the rebuild. It would be nice to see the changes and the memorial.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Ground Zero - 12/17/12 11:51 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Dix,

I was there on 9/11/01..on the ground, in the cloud. Someday I will make the pilgrimage to Ground Zero. I'm sure it will be a tearful day. I worked in the area for 3 years after and saw the destruction and the beginning of the rebuild. It would be nice to see the changes and the memorial.

People just don't understand just how hard it is for people who lived through it to visit the site, MC. It's not their fault, of course.

I personally worked over forty of the funerals. And every year when they read the names off at the memorial, I inevitably see the face of a family member that I recognize from that time. And I just have a very hard time watching after that. But it's something that they should do in New York until the end of time.

I just think these memorials are more for America as a whole than for the people who were in our great city on that horrible day. And again, I think the memorials are a good thing.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET