Home

height of gangster bb

Posted By: NickyEyes1

height of gangster bb - 10/14/12 10:28 PM

since this site has been around for over 10 years, when was it the most popular/active users? do you think right now, in the beginning, middle, ect?
Posted By: Camarel

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/14/12 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
since this site has been around for over 10 years, when was it the most popular/active users? do you think right now, in the beginning, middle, ect?

I dont know the answer because i've only been a member for a couple of months but i noticed a few weeks ago that near the bottom of the page in the forum stats box it says Max Online: 663 @ 05/27/12 so that's the most at one time.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/14/12 10:46 PM

BB was at it's peak i guess between 2001-2004 when a lot of old members who don't post anymore was around..I think there used to be a BB on another format but that was well before my time..

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/15/12 08:13 PM

i wonder what happened to all the people who dont post anymore. Think they just forgot about the site?
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/15/12 08:24 PM

I first registered back in it's glory days! It was an interesting time with alot of very strong willed people. Alot of great conversation, but sometimes alot of really heated discussions. I've always been very hot and cold with my posting, hence why i have fewer than a thousand...but at the very least i always read the posts. I suspect that happens with alot of the old crew. And a couple of influential members have also passed on.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/15/12 09:22 PM

I guess people have lives away from the BB.. wink

The reason for my post count being so high is because there was a time when posts would count in the BB word games section and me and Irishman would literally get hundreds of posts a day playing the silly games in there,hence the high post count,so JG put a stop to it..haha
Posted By: SC

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/15/12 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
The reason for my post count being so high is because there was a time when posts would count in the BB word games section and me and Irishman would literally get hundreds of posts a day playing the silly games in there,hence the high post count,so JG put a stop to it..haha

The games are still available to be played. Feel free to continue playing them!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/16/12 11:32 AM

There are still plenty of BB veterans around, and i am proud to consider myself one smile
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/16/12 04:50 PM

I was looking for Godfather sound clips and stumbled upon this land of misfit toys.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/17/12 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I was looking for Godfather sound clips and stumbled upon this land of misfit toys.

Me, too!! smile
Posted By: Mignon

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/17/12 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
There are still plenty of BB veterans around, and i am proud to consider myself one smile

I'm still around but I left for awhile. I do miss some bb'ers who no longer post for whatever reason like Don Cardi, Partagas, DMC just to name a few.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/17/12 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

I'm still around but I left for awhile. I do miss some bb'ers who no longer post for whatever reason like Don Cardi, Partagas, DMC just to name a few.

what happened to don cardi? he posted a lot and isnt he a moderator?
Posted By: Mark

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/17/12 08:50 PM

I don't do Facebook or Myspace so this is a great place with great people to visit and throw my worthless 2 cents in every now & then. However, I don't get on as much as I want to these days. frown
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/17/12 08:55 PM

Although I wasn't yet a BB member, I do wish I could have been here during 911 to support my NY friends. frown

There is a very very touching thread started by Don Cardi with on the scene, personal comments from BB members in the NY area. So emotional and heartwrenching. I am sure that was a very significant time of this BB.

TIS
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 01:56 AM

I know I've been around since about '04 but I'd disappear here and there because I'd get busy with other things.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 04:40 AM

I remember them! They were good, always intersting...along with Turnbull.
I also remember Double-J and Appleonya! I wonder what happened to them.

BB used to sometimes have alot of drama going on. Another reason why i'd sometimes say off the board for long periods of time.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 05:57 AM

Drama? Here??! No way.... whistle wink

TB still pops in. DMC, Apple and Part (and some others) are alive and well elsewhere. And Cardi is just very busy. Real life happens, especially these days. I do wonder about Double-J, tho, and some others. Hell, I'm guilty, too! wink

A lot of people just lose interest for whatever reason (drama is part of it, sometimes). And yes, we had a great group back in the early/mid '00s, but we also have gotten "new" people who've lasted a while as well, who are just as great. It's just not as busy -- partly because I think the forum (BB) format has taken a hit since social media has taken off. I'm guilty of that, too! blush

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 06:29 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Drama? Here??! No way.... whistle wink

TB still pops in. DMC, Apple and Part (and some others) are alive and well elsewhere. And Cardi is just very busy. Real life happens, especially these days. I do wonder about Double-J, tho, and some others. Hell, I'm guilty, too! wink

A lot of people just lose interest for whatever reason (drama is part of it, sometimes). And yes, we had a great group back in the early/mid '00s, but we also have gotten "new" people who've lasted a while as well, who are just as great. It's just not as busy -- partly because I think the forum (BB) format has taken a hit since social media has taken off. I'm guilty of that, too! blush

I still love this place, even if i go years without posting. I still remember the first time i found thegodfathertrilogy.com website. I was 14, my first year in high school, and had a computer class. Didn't have internet at home at the time, so first thing i did was use netscape to search for information on "The Godfather Part 4." Found J Geoff's site. It's where i first read the Leo as Young Sonny bit. That was in 1998. By 2001 i was taking all the wallpapers you had, and reading about the differences between the Epic and Trilogy boxsets! LOL.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 07:00 AM

MS: Those wallpapers are now probably about 2 inches square on the screen! wink For a long time I thought about updating that site, but then I thought, in 10 years it'll be museum-ready! And that was 7 years ago lol wink

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 07:08 AM

I stumbled across the thegodfathertrilogy.com website as i was seaching for the GF timeline (not the definitive one) and came across this message board and the rest is history..

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
I stumbled across the thegodfathertrilogy.com website as i was seaching for the GF timeline (not the definitive one)...

I thought MINE was the definitive one! I'm sure WE have put more thought into it than some tool at Paramount wink

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 07:38 AM

Geoff have you updated the Corleone Family Tree yet.. wink

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 09:02 AM

Social media is the Daddy now but every time i go on-line i always come here first before i update my status elsewhere??

And i do all my fantasy sports here, this is where the magic happens tongue

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 09:13 PM

hey J Geoff who was the first member besides you on here

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/18/12 10:38 PM

I think member number 2 is/was a tester and SC is member number 3..
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/19/12 01:35 AM

The early days of these boards had some very lively discussions because it was all new then. Now, it's more difficult to start a GF or Puzo-related thread that is really novel and catches a lot of attention. But other threads, like Organized Crime and some of the general ones, are thriving.

The early days attracted a lot of punks and Hitler-wannabees, leading to Geoff and the mods setting a higher standard for civility that is appreciated by nearly all. The bad guys still pop in, but they get banished more quickly. clap

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/19/12 01:47 AM

how did you find this site turnbull
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/19/12 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

TB still pops in. DMC, Apple and Part (and some others) are alive and well elsewhere.

Alive and well elsewhere? What do you mean by elsewhere? Like on the top of the fantasy standings? Because that's where I've been since I started.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/19/12 09:26 AM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
What do you mean by elsewhere? Like on the top of the fantasy standings? Because that's where I've been since I started.

#7 out of 12 is the "top" now? tongue wink
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/19/12 06:00 PM

how did you find this site turnbull

Johnny Ola brought me here. lol

Seriously: I believe I read a reference to Geoff's timeline somewhere on the web. I checked it out and e-mailed some comments. Geoff invited me to visit the GBB, and the rest, as they say, is history...
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/21/12 07:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

Me, too!! smile

Me three! grin
Posted By: Blake

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/21/12 09:06 AM

Definitely lots of memories here. Especially in the 02-05 days.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/22/12 02:02 PM

Don't know how I lucked into it, but it is still the best and most civil "chat" site anywhere.

We have pretty much drained the swamp on Godfather issues, although now and then a good one pops up. But the diversity of topics...from gangsters, to food, to sports is terrific.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/22/12 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Don't know how I lucked into it, but it is still the best and most civil "chat" site anywhere.

We have pretty much drained the swamp on Godfather issues, although now and then a good one pops up. But the diversity of topics...from gangsters, to food, to sports is terrific.

I thought we just kept you around for the free wine at the get togethers? wink

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 12:20 AM

And we thought we kept you around for Boy Toy duties? whistle

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 02:08 AM

Sad that it's been 5 years since the last one
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 06:22 AM

The height of the Gangster BB was something else. There was always something to catch your fancy. There were people who made you laugh, those who made you mad, and those that put a great big grin on your face. The BB was like a great soap opera, where you'd stay up until 4 o'clock in the morning talking with good people, hate having to go to bed, and waking up and do it all over again. There was drama, subplots, and amazing threads that you could read over and over again. There were factions vs. factions, truces made, and great wars that spilled into multiple categories. Those were some nifty times.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 07:29 AM

Not sure what brought you out of the woodwork, M4$, but so nice to see you!! These days, it's less complex, but more a-holes and spammers trying to bust in. whistle wink Hope you're doing well, my friend!

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 10:43 AM

Geoff, we appreciate all the hard work you do keeping the a-holes and spammers at bay smile

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 04:51 PM

Geoff, we appreciate all the hard work you do keeping the a-holes and spammers at bay smile

You really need to thank SC -- he catches more than I do!

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/23/12 11:51 PM

what was the biggest fight/worst thing someone has said on here

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 02:46 AM

Geoff and DMC use the word "Penis" quite often.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 03:25 AM

I was called a child molester.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 04:43 AM

lol But with your avator picture you look so friendly

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 04:49 AM

There's a thread about chinese guys saying they get bigger dicks then us Americans ... so people always stand up for your penis and your country.. I've staring to feel Patriotic with this election coming up.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 05:19 AM

About 5-6 years ago we had a fucking pea-brain, anti-social and poor excuse of a human being claiming that one of our members (and a friend of his) was dead. This jerk was upset that another member, a much loved guy here (plawrence) had received a lot of attention after plawrence really passed away.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 05:23 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

lol But with your avator picture you look so friendly

I am friendly.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

About 5-6 years ago we had a fucking pea-brain, anti-social and poor excuse of a human being claiming that one of our members (and a friend of his) was dead. This jerk was upset that another member, a much loved guy here (plawrence) had received a lot of attention after plawrence really passed away.

Weird I just saw this I got a call earlier tonight one of my friends(associates) broke his neck..well thats the story..I know this doesn't sound right but with the problems he was having I'm thinking he's now at peace. He was a lot older then me (early 50's)

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 02:01 PM

I have been called a beer guzzling limey on more than one occasion!!! whistle

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 02:26 PM

I have been called a beer guzzling limey on more than one occasion!!!

Yeah, but that's true! A lovable beer guzzling Limey.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 03:08 PM

Stop that! Yogi drinks wine on occasion as well!

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/24/12 03:09 PM

Yeah.... only after he drank all his beer.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 02:59 AM

Politics. OH boy do i remember those politial discussions that always ended terribly. Especially circa 2004/5 with the Iraq War and all.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 02:04 PM

Aw shucks, thanks SC (you can't see but i'm blushing a little)

lol lol lol

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 02:05 PM

Indeed i do...highly civilised i am cool
Posted By: klydon1

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 02:17 PM

When I first saw this thread, I thought that it was about how tall the members on the board are. Maybe, I thought we were looking for the tallest and shortest people here.

Well, I'm 5'11".
Posted By: carmela

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 03:25 PM

Oh this is fun. 5'2 here.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 04:04 PM

5'6
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 09:55 PM

5'8

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 10:10 PM

6'2
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 10:11 PM

5-11, 190, close to 7 inches
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 10:29 PM

Barely 5'1" (I think I'm shrinking) LOL

smile

TIS

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 10:32 PM

We do love our penis. Wait, that came out wrong, on second thought, no, no it didn't.

Although SC was right about the biggest fight.

I think the worst fight would be if someone happened to bad mouth one Mr. Jeter though, I pity the fool.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 11:02 PM

5'8" with shoes.

3'8" without them... at least it feels that way.

We do love our penis. Wait, that came out wrong, on second thought, no, no it didn't.

Although SC was right about the biggest fight.

And we should all be quite thankful that the "biggest" fight here was only about politics and not about "comparative endowments."

Countries have gone to war over less... rolleyes

Signor V.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/25/12 11:46 PM

6'3

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/26/12 01:20 AM

I think the worst fight would be if someone happened to bad mouth one Mr. Jeter though, I pity the fool.

Damn straight.
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/26/12 04:24 AM

6ft2in
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/26/12 01:12 PM

I always thought that perhaps we simply ran out of things to talk about vis a vis the Godfather.

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/26/12 09:30 PM

5'10

this has become so random! lol

Re: height of gangster bb - 10/27/12 01:41 AM

haha i was wondering why people were saying their height then i realized the title
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET