Home

Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits

Posted By: NJBoy55

Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:08 AM

Elvis' US #1 Hit Singles

1. I Forgot To Remember To Forget - 1955 (Country)
2. Heartbreak Hotel - 1956 (Pop)
3. Don't Be Cruel - 1956 (Pop)
4. Hound Dog - 1956 (Pop)
5. Love Me Tender - 1956 (Pop)
6. I Want You, I Need You, I Love You - 1956 (Country)
7. Too Much - 1957 (Pop)
8. All Shuck Up - 1957 (Pop)
9. Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear - 1957 (Pop)
10. Jailhouse Rock - 1957 (Pop)
11. Don't - 1958 (Pop)
12. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck - 1958 (R&B)
13. Hard Headed Woman - 1958 (Pop)
14. A Big Hunk O' Love - 1959 (Pop)
15. Stuck On You - 1960 (Pop)
16. It's Now Or Never - 1960 (Pop)
17. Are You Lonesome Tonight - 1960 (Pop)
18. Surrender - 1961 (Pop)
19. Can't Help Falling In Love - 1961 (Adult Contemporary)
20. Good Luck Charm - 1962 (Pop)
21. Crying In The Chapel - 1965 (adult Contemporary)
22. Suspicious Minds - 1969 (Pop)
23. The Wonder Of You - 1970 (Adult Contemporary)
24. Way Down - 1977 (Country)
25. Moody Blue - 1977 (Country)

A nice video of Elvis singing Jail House Rock

The End
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:19 AM

Good tunes, I wish I could see the video on this computer.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:21 AM

Thanks Frost! What is wrong with your computer?

I know there's an Elvis album called "30 Number Ones," which had most of these songs, but also had #1 hit singles that were not very big hits in the US. He had smash hits in the UK and Canada as well.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:24 AM

Have no idea, I get everything but the damm videos and such I have Youtube , ya got me buddy

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:26 AM

Yeah, I got ya buddy boy. So you're trying to talk like a gangster now hey? LOL!

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:28 AM

Yea Right LOL

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 06:39 AM

TIS might like this one because even though Elvis was not Italian, many Italians loved him and his music.
Posted By: SC

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 07:08 AM

Originally Posted By: NJBoy55
A nice video of Elvis singing Jail House Rock

To me, that is the FIRST music video. Awesome choreography, and showing that Presley was an all-around performer.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 09:54 AM

He sure was a big star.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 03:23 PM

TIS might like this one because even though Elvis was not Italian, many Italians loved him and his music.

Tis and I are both Italian and big Elvis fans, NJBoy55.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 03:40 PM

You got that right PB. I loved Elvis at 8 yrs old AND I have every single one of those songs too (although Most of my albums are in MI). smile I don't like C&R music but when Elvis does it, it's very appealing.

I agree with SC, that Jailhouse Rock WAS a first video. Love EPs moves baby!! lol There is such a huge list of Elvis songs I'd have to study them to determine my own top ten.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. smile

TIS
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:02 PM

I saw that historic first Elvis appearance on the Tommy Dorsey show in '55, and all of his on Berle and Sullivan. He was like a shot of 100-proof spirits after Patti Page, etc.

My favorite Elvis single isn't on the list:
"One Night with You." Written by Fats Domino and Dave Bartholomew. Slightly different lyrics (or "leer-ics" as we said then): Fats sang, "One night with you, is what I'm now paying for, the things I did and saw, would make me hide with shame. Don't call my name--I'm so ashamed..."

Elvis sang: "One night with you, is what I'm now praying for, the things that we two could plan, would make my dreams come true. Just call my name and I'll be right by your side, I want your sweet helping hand, my love's too strong to hide." wink

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:06 PM

Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:16 PM

A No. 1 in the UK:

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:22 PM

I saw Elvis in person back in 1973 in the second to the last concert before he passed. You could tell he was not feeling well. He will always be the King of Rock and Roll. Died at 42 same age as his mother.

RIP

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:26 PM

I think you mean 1977, Frosty.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:37 PM

TB, I LOVE One Night With You!! So Sexy!! grin Also, Mess of Blues, Any Day Now, Long Black Limousine. Gosh, I could go on and on and on. smile

Frosty I saw Elvis New Year's Eve 1975 in Pontiac Michigan. Sooooo glad that I got to see him before he passed. We went with a few other couples. Stadium was huge. I wanted to walk toward stage to get a good look (and maybe a scarf) from EP. Got lost going back to my seat and didn't want to spend the concert looking for it, so sat on a step and continued to watch. Luckily my husband saw me and guided me back. Ha ha ha lol

smile

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:38 PM

Thanks pb, your right.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
TB, I LOVE One Night With You!! So Sexy!! grin Also, Mess of Blues, Any Day Now, Long Black Limousine. Gosh, I could go on and on and on. smile

Frosty I saw Elvis New Year's Eve 1975 in Pontiac Michigan. Sooooo glad that I got to see him before he passed. We went with a few other couples. Stadium was huge. I wanted to walk toward stage to get a good look (and maybe a scarf) from EP. Got lost going back to my seat and didn't want to spend the concert looking for it, so sat on a step and continued to watch. Luckily my husband saws me and guided me back. Ha ha ha lol

smile

TIS
He was a down to earth guy , and had a heart of gold , enjoyed having fun. I can understand wink he did that to young , old, alike.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 08:29 PM

Peter Guralnik's two-volume Elvis bio is absolutely tops--must reading for any Elvis fan.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Peter Guralnik's two-volume Elvis bio is absolutely tops--must reading for any Elvis fan.

The best celebrity bio I've ever read, TB. It's a bit of an undertaking, but well worth it.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/17/11 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Turnbull

The best celebrity bio I've ever read, TB. It's a bit of an undertaking, but well worth it.

I agree excellent book, especially the first book and the first few chapters which concentrate on the early years..Would have loved to have been around when he first emerged on the scene and experienced the madness around the first rock and roll star.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 02:01 AM

One Night with you is one of my favorite Elvis songs. My all time is Little Sister.

I wish he would have not taken all those pills throughout his life as a star. He still would be here if he didn't.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 02:52 AM

One of my favorites. If I am not mistaken it was the flip side of "It's Now or Never" (another favorite) smile. To my knowledge, Elvis never sang it in concert. Anyway, it's great:

TIS

Posted By: mustachepete

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 02:52 AM

I wish he would have not taken all those pills throughout his life as a star. He still would be here if he didn't.

There's been something of a revival of the old popular standards, from both old rockers like Rod Stewart and new guys like Michael Buble. I think if he had lived Elvis could have made a great "saloon singer." Same goes for Marvin Gaye.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 04:18 AM

Another favorite from EP's second film, Loving You. I never saw his first four films in the theater unfortunately I was too young. I would have loved to experienced it. My brother had the EP (extended play record) from the film which has 3 songs on each side.

Remember going to put a dime in the jukebox? lol Also, If I'm not mistaken, I "think" that Gladys Presley, Elvis' mother, was in the audience during this song although I can't say I spotted her.

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Another favorite from EP's second film, Loving You. I never saw his first four films in the theater unfortunately I was too young. I would have loved to experienced it. My brother had the EP (extended play record) from the film which has 3 songs on each side.

Remember going to put a dime in the jukebox? lol Also, If I'm not mistaken, I "think" that Gladys Presley, Elvis' mother, was in the audience during this song although I can't say I spotted her.

TIS

A great one TIS. Thanks for sharing it. Rock out!

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 09:23 AM

Here's Jailhouse Rock in colour. My favourite songs of Elvis are his later song American Trilogy/Suspicious Minds, but you cant beat the Elvis 1955-58 era.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 02:25 PM

Elvis had a beautiful ballad voice as well. Two of my very favorite love songs derive from Italian songs, It's Now Or Never (O Solo Mio) and Surrender (Back to Sorrento?). I debate with myself which is prettier. LOL I think Surrender is but it's too short a song. Should be a chorus or so longer.

Anyone remember EPs first (or maybe second) album in which he sang "Old Shep?" I only knew of that song thru that album but understand others sang it. A boy and his dog. So sad. frown

smile

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/18/11 02:30 PM

Yes, the song "Old Shep" was an old Red Foley song, a very big influence of his as a kid.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/20/11 03:41 PM

Yet another great one: Feel So Bad

smile

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/20/11 04:45 PM

My all time fav Elvis song..

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/20/11 06:16 PM

DeNiro, it's a great song and I like it, but I think they overplayed it so much that it doesn't make my top songs anymore. ohwell

Geez, don't know if I could compile a "favorite" EP song list without having 50 or more songs on it. tongue

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 12/21/11 08:39 AM

Thanks for posting those great vids!

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 05/16/12 03:57 PM

Elvis's best "B-Side" ever.

This song didn't get much airplay because it was on the flip side of the "Kissin Cousins" 45. It's a shame because "It Hurts Me" was a far superior song.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 05/16/12 05:23 PM

PB, I remember and have that song.

Many songs(not all but many) from Elvis movies were not good and merely strung together to make a movie. However there are a few very good songs from some EP movies that I really like. To name a few: smile

"I Got A Woman" (Loving You)
"Trouble" (King Creole")
"I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell" (Wild In The Country)
"King Of The Whole Wide World" (Kid Galahad)
"There's No Room To Rumba In A Sports Car" (Fun In Acapulco)
"The Lady Loves Me" (with Ann Margaret in Viva Las Vegas)

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 05/16/12 05:25 PM

Absolutely, Tis smile.

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 05/16/12 05:41 PM

Oh, and I also liked from G.I. Blues "Didja Ever." smile I too liked "Wooden Heart" which, at one time, I even had memorized the German portion. lol

TIS

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 05/16/12 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Elvis's best "B-Side" ever.

This song didn't get much airplay because it was on the flip side of the "Kissin Cousins" 45. It's a shame because "It Hurts Me" was a far superior song.

This is nice song, this is also on the 68 comeback special..

Re: Elvis' 25 US #1 Hits - 05/21/12 09:52 PM

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET