Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/24/11 10:09 PM

He was one of a kind. R.I.P. my man.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 12:18 PM

I loved Columbo.. RIP
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 01:24 PM

R.I.P

Columbo is one of the most unforgettable characters in entertainment.

Also Falk's performance in The Great Race with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon stole the show.
Posted By: SC

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Also Falk's performance in The Great Race with Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon stole the show.

Much like his performance as Abe Reles in "Murder, Inc.", one of his first movies. I particularly liked him as the grandfather in "The Princess Bride".
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 05:13 PM

he did a great job in the 'its a mad mad mad mad world'

RIP
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 05:33 PM

How sad. Good actor all around.

One of my favorite characters that he played was in (what was in my opinion) an underrated movie titled "VIG"

I will never forget the time that he was on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast for Frank Sinatra. He was hilarious!

Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
I will never forget the time that he was on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roast for Frank Sinatra. He was hilarious!

I just watched that roast a couple months ago -- Falk was great! I was surprised by his death though... I thought he was already dead. blush RIP!
Posted By: olivant

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 08:03 PM

What can one say ... oneof the greatest. His Columbo is non-pareil. Of course, his Abe Reles almost scared me it was so realistic of the gangster genre. And don't forget him in Roommates and Vig. Superb.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 08:53 PM

A fine actor, and anything he appeared in was, IMO, worth seeing.

I remember a story he told many years ago during a TV interview:

It was commonly known that when he was quite young (three years old), he lost his right eye due to a malignancy. Afterwards, he wore a glass replacement. As a young man, he was playing in a baseball game and was called "out" by an umpire when he felt he was clearly "safe," having beaten both the ball and the tag by the opposing player. He removed his glass eye and offered it to the umpire, saying "You need this more than I do!"

R.I.P.

Signor V.

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/25/11 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

I just watched that roast a couple months ago -- Falk was great! I was surprised by his death though... I thought he was already dead. blush RIP!

wait a minute...if you thought he was dead then why didn't you credit those who picked him whatever year you thought he died in?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/26/11 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
if you thought he was dead then why didn't you credit those who picked him whatever year you thought he died in?

I so thought he was dead I didn't credit those who had him THIS year ('til now) wink

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/26/11 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
if you thought he was dead then why didn't you credit those who picked him whatever year you thought he died in?

I so thought he was dead I didn't credit those who had him THIS year ('til now) wink

lol well then why didn't you cross him off the list's at the beginning of the year?
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 06/29/11 09:28 PM

I really am sorry to hear about Falk's death. I loved Columbo. He played the character beautifully always "seeming" like he didn't have a clue (pardon the pun) wink but always coming thru in the end.

One more thing (in my best Columbo imitation) grin

I don't know if you guys remember but a while back (year or so maybe) they had a news clip of him in the L.A. area somewhere. He was talking/shouting, not making any sense. Someone came to guide him away from the cameras. It was so sad. frown

TIS
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 12/19/11 06:27 PM

I wait for each Sunday night to watch the man. Columbo , he is so darn cool, even when I was alot younger I liked him. That one suit, that one coat, his car, dog, one eye gone. But along with humor, he had intelegence. His fustrating way, and getting by with it .

No matter where he was he felt comfortable. One heck of a man, one heck of a actor.

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 12/19/11 06:30 PM

Excuse me I got this in the wrong section. Sorry.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 12/19/11 07:21 PM

The first time I saw Falk was ca. 1958 in an episode of "Peter Gunn." He played a Mob hitman who knew karate. Very good episode.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 12/19/11 07:35 PM

One of Falk's greatest later roles was in the made-for-cable movie "Pronto." It was adapted from the Elmore Leonard novel of the same name. Falk played an old time Miami Beach bookie named Harry Arno. He was PERFECT in the role.

The book, which was published in 1993, marked the first appearance of Raylan Givens, who would become very popular in the television series "Justified."

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 12/19/11 08:21 PM

Lost his eye at the age of 3, and reading his bio, his father was in clothing lol he was in to sports and played baskedball, had a game and some stuff went down do he took out his glass eye and told the coach to try this or what ever. lol

Re: Peter Falk Dies - 12/21/11 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
One of Falk's greatest later roles was in the made-for-cable movie "Pronto." It was adapted from the Elmore Leonard novel of the same name. Falk played an old time Miami Beach bookie named Harry Arno. He was PERFECT in the role.

The book, which was published in 1993, marked the first appearance of Raylan Givens, who would become very popular in the television series "Justified."
TY, pb we have a new book store here. So will go into town and see if I can find it.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET