Home

Search Engine Problems

Posted By: XDCX

Search Engine Problems - 12/09/09 10:00 PM

Recently, I've been having issues using search engines, both with Firefox and IE. Whether I use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or any other engine, as soon as I click a link in the search results, the browser freezes. Now I would try and Google the answer the this problem myself, but it's kind of hard when Googling is the problem lol

Has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what did you do to fix it, if you fixed it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-- X
Posted By: SC

Re: Search Engine Problems - 12/09/09 10:08 PM

Is this problem only present while Googling, or does it happen with other websites, too?

I've had an issue on my laptop with accessing msn.com ... I think somehow Firefox is blocking me from downloading anything from Microsoft.

BTW - I'm transferring this to the General Discussion forum. More people will likely see it there PLUS the Help Forum here really should be for issues with this board only.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Search Engine Problems - 12/10/09 12:17 AM

Are your running McAfee SiteAdvisor by any chance? If so, disable it and find out from them WTF. wink

Re: Search Engine Problems - 12/10/09 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
Is this problem only present while Googling, or does it happen with other websites, too?

The problem only occurs when I'm Googling or using some other search engine. I can access and navigate any other website perfectly fine.

JG, I am running McAfee Site Advisor. I never noticed a problem with it before, but I went ahead and disabled it anyway. I'll contact McAfee and see if they have any answers, although they probably won't because McAfee Customer Service sucks. ohwell
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Search Engine Problems - 12/10/09 01:07 AM

So you can search now w/ that turned off?

Re: Search Engine Problems - 12/10/09 01:56 AM

No, still no luck. It's weird, I can go to the Google site, type in a search, and the search results will pop up, but as soon as I click a link, the browser freezes, and I have to close it using the Task Manager.

***EDIT***

Okay, now it works, hm...interesting.

I guess it WAS the SiteAdvisor. Thanks JG! smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET