Home

My Mom

Posted By: AppleOnYa

My Mom - 09/29/09 11:32 PM

Hi, everyone...after a week of knowing but awaiting confirmation, just got word from the Dr. today that pathology tests show my mother has a malignancy in her uterus.

The good news, according to this doctor, is that the survival rate is very high for this type of cancer, even in women of her age (80). He literally said that if a woman has to get cancer, this is the best one to get.

My mother's spirits are good, and for the moment she is open to discussion of treatment. We've been referred to another OB GYN whom I'll call tomorrow for an appointment. Hopefully, with a hysterectomy and maybe some radiation, (and cooperation on her part), the gal's got a few good years left in her.

No more kids, though...(we've been teasing her with that one for over a week).

Shoutout to Mig...I'll be thinking of your father, best wishes that he'll get over this hurdle.

Apple
Posted By: klydon1

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 12:40 AM

Best wishes and prayers for your mom, Apple. May her recovery be swift and complete.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 01:10 AM

Apple, I will keep you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. May God be with her and the doctors that care for her.
Posted By: Ice

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 01:20 AM

Sorry to hear she's still having problems, but hopefully the good news will lift her spirits a bit.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 01:20 AM

I'm hoping your mom will pull thorough with flying colors, Apple. smile
Eighty is not that old anymore, especially if a person has a good attitude about life.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 10:29 AM

Good luck to you and your mom Apple. Take good care of her.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 04:03 PM

Sounds like they caught it in time....lets hope and pray that is the case.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 06:01 PM

Good luck Apple,
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: My Mom - 09/30/09 07:07 PM

May the fine Lord watch over her, Apple. May He also aid the doctors in any and every way that He can.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: My Mom - 10/01/09 02:07 PM

Wishing good luck for your mom Apple!
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: My Mom - 10/01/09 11:35 PM

Not good news today.

My sister took our mother to another Dr. today, who apparently found more than was expected. She has two types of cancer, one of which is 'aggressive' and has already begun to spread. The condition is inoperable (so much for the hysterectomy) and he's referred us to 2 other dr.s who will probably do a catscan and then determine if radiation and/or chemotherapy will do any good in slowing the progression.

Due to my mothers age I am concerned about quality of life for whatever time there is. However, we of course want to explore every available option and then it is up to her to make a decision.

On top of all that, the family dog who is my mother's constant companion when nobody else is home, apparently hurt his leg and is not even close to his usual feisty self. Going to the vet tomorrow, hopefully he'll be mended nicely.

When it rains....

Apple
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: My Mom - 10/02/09 02:11 AM

Hang in there Apple. Life is full of twists, turns, ups and downs. No way to avoid them. Be strong, be compassionate. Keep a smile on your face. May peace be with you.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET