Home

Patrick Swayze

Posted By: AppleOnYa

Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 12:28 AM

Damn...knew it was coming but still, so sad.

Patrick Swayze died, just posted a minute ago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090915/ap_on_en_mo/us_obit_swayze
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 12:31 AM

wow...i knew it was coming, but damn
Posted By: olivant

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 12:36 AM

Patrick Swayze succumbs to pancreatic cancer
‘Dirty Dancing’ star, 57, battled disease since January 2008
Slideshow

BREAKING NEWS msnbc.com news services updated 20 minutes ago

Patrick Swayze, the hunky actor who danced his way into viewers’ hearts with “Dirty Dancing” and then broke them with “Ghost,” died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57.

“Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months,” said a statement released Monday evening by his publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were given.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 12:36 AM

Shame. He was such an arresting combination - a football player and a member of the Joffrey Ballet. So masculine and so sensitive at the same time.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:04 AM

Only movie of his I saw in full was 'Ghost'. Am sure his co-star Whoopee Goldberg will have a fitting tribute on tomorrow's 'The View'. Man, they had terrific chemistry in that film.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:04 AM

He was perfect for "Dirty Dancing", but I also thought he was great in "Point Break" and "The Outsiders". RIP Patrick.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:10 AM

I knew this was coming too, but damn, I feel so sad. I have not seen all of his movies, but liked many I saw (Roadhouse, Point Break). My very favorite, without a doubt is Ghost, although I'm sure my kids would say Dirty Dancing, which I enjoyed also.

I think Swayze was not affected by fame and always admired the fact that he remained married to one woman for what? 25 or more years. It's hard for "normal" people, but in his business almost impossible to stay married.

I am really sad for this loss not only for his talent, but he really seemed like a down to earth "nice" guy.

RIP frown

TIS

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:22 AM

He met her when they were both teenagers. I think she was only 15 or 16!!

I loved a lot of his movies, but "Dirty Dancing" will always be my favorite. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"

Did anyone ever see his skit on SNL? It was so funny. AND he was soooooo sexy.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:29 AM

Such class to lose ... and following a weekend without much of it.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:41 AM

frown

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:47 AM

red dawn is always a favorite, and ghost was great...it just sucks that alot of great people die to this disease. years ago the world lost michael landon another great talent, and others as well.

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 02:01 AM

Great SNL clip SB. I have never seen it before. Great dance! Whew!!! smile

TIS

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 02:11 AM

He looks amazing, doesn't he? And to think that Chris Farley is dead, too.

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 02:48 AM

I just heard a news report saying Patrick & Lisa Swayze were married for 37 years. eek

TIS
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 01:39 PM

Sad news frown

RIP Patrick.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 02:24 PM

He fought quite a battle. RIP

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 02:48 PM

Not knowing too much of his personal life, I was surprised to learn that the Swayzes had no children. Not that it's bad or good, just surprising. eek

TIS
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 03:29 PM

Sorry to see him go. He seemed like a good man.

I would always confuse him with Kurt Russell.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 04:14 PM

There was a comedic bit about Patrick Swayze in the film Notting Hill. Hugh Grant's gay assistant asks Julia Roberts (who is playing herself) what Patrick Swayze was like?
She relies that she doesn't really know him. The assistant asks whether he was unfriendly to her when they were making the movie "Ghost." She corrects him and says it was Demi Moore who played the female lead in "Ghost," and that she was sure they got along just fine.

.....Well I gues you had to see it.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/15/09 04:36 PM

A great shame.

RIP

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/16/09 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
There was a comedic bit about Patrick Swayze in the film Notting Hill. Hugh Grant's gay assistant asks Julia Roberts (who is playing herself) what Patrick Swayze was like?
She relies that she doesn't really know him. The assistant asks whether he was unfriendly to her when they were making the movie "Ghost." She corrects him and says it was Demi Moore who played the female lead in "Ghost," and that she was sure they got along just fine.

.....Well I gues you had to see it.

He should have responded, "I know Demi Moore played the female lead, but didn't you play the part of the medium, who could hear Patrick Swayze?"

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/16/09 03:11 PM

They broadcast (perhaps it was a rebroadcast) the Barbara Walters interview with Patrick Swayze and his wife last night. It was obviously done not long ago, and his deterioration was so obvious. It was very sad to see him like that, especially given how important his fit body was to him as a dancer and actor.
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/17/09 10:25 AM

I loved him in "Ghost" frown
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/17/09 11:16 PM

My favorite movie of his would be Red Dawn, never liked Dirty Dancing or Ghost didn't really care for Point Blank either.

He was also good in the mini series North & South
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/17/09 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: The Iceman
My favorite movie of his would be Red Dawn, never liked Dirty Dancing or Ghost didn't really care for Point Blank either.

But isn't "Road House" considered career training in Oklahoma? tongue

You know I'm kidding! lol

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/17/09 11:23 PM

I too didn't like "Dirty Dancing", and I don't think I've seen another one of his movies in its entirety besides "Ghost."
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 12:09 AM

I forgot that he was in North and South.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 12:25 AM

While he was really good in Ghost, I enjoyed his other movies, and loved his last role on the short lived FX show The Beast.

But in my opinion his Ore Main character in North and South was his best piece of acting by far. The way that he was able to convincingly transform that character from a young kid to a mature man was just proof of the talent that he had as an actor. Not to mention that it may be one of the best mini series ever made, right up there with Roots and Rich Man Poor Man.

Really sad. He seemed like such a sincere and likeable person.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 01:07 AM

I forgot about "North and South". Yes, he was very good. I read the trilogy and he captured the character. Funny, the wide variety of critique/appreciation for Patrick's movies. He had a niche and he played it quite well.

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

But isn't "Road House" considered career training in Oklahoma? tongue

You know I'm kidding! lol

I don't live in Oklahoma. tongue
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 02:43 PM

That's right. I forgot, you're the only Oklahoma fan in Nebraska. That's how I made my mistake. Geezus, a Sooner fan in Nebraska? That must make you real popular at parties tongue lol.

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 08:35 PM

[quote=The Iceman]

Geezus, a Sooner fan in Nebraska? That must make you real popular at parties tongue lol.

Yeah how did you ever guess lol November 7th is going to be very interesting. My uncle has Husker season tickets and he's taking me to the Oklahoma game, naturally I'll be all decked out in Oklahoma gear. I may not survive the nght lol

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 08:40 PM

That's right. I forgot, you're the only Oklahoma fan in Nebraska. That's how I made my mistake. Geezus, a Sooner fan in Nebraska? That must make you real popular at parties tongue lol.

wait a minute? there is a sooner fan living in the state of Nebraska?! wow im surprised your even still breathing.

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/18/09 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233

wait a minute? there is a sooner fan living in the state of Nebraska?! wow im surprised your even still breathing.

Surprising isn't it. It makes for awkward days at work, the manager of the plant I work at is an alumni of Nebraska.

Boy did this thread ever get hi-jacked. lol
Posted By: La Dolce Vita

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/22/09 04:56 AM

I was actually really saddened by his passing. He had a ranch here in Northern NM and many of my friends had dealings with him and no one I know has a bad word to say about him. Swayze was a guy who was married 30+ years to the same woman and you never heard of anything scandalous about him. Liked his movies and sad to hear him succumb so young.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Patrick Swayze - 09/25/09 05:59 PM

Patrick Swayze is dead?

I'm kidding, but that's the reaction my ex gave me last night as she's just come off her holiday. I was howling.

Do you think it's too early to see if Whoopi Goldberg has heard from him yet?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET