Home

What is a 'Czar' ?

Posted By: AppleOnYa

What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 04:15 PM

Van Jones is the latest of President Obama's many 'czars' appointed during the first 7 months of his administration.

Interesting fellow, interesting choice.

Apple
Posted By: olivant

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 04:27 PM

Donald E. Powell.
Bush’s Czar to Rebuild Gulf Coast, John P. Walters.Bush's Drug Czar,
Karen Hughes., Bush's Public Diplomacy Czar, Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute., Bush's 'War Czar', Randall Tobias., Bush's AIDS Czar, Dr. Mark Dybul., Bush's other AIDS Czar, Richard Stickler., Bush's Mine Safety Czar
John Negroponte., Bush's Intelligence Czar, Otto Reich., Bush's Latin America czar , Carlton Turner., Reagan's Drug Czar , David Stockman
Reagan's Budget Czar.

The authority and selection of Czars are a function of the Executive Branch. On the other hand, the Secretaries of the Federal government's 15 major departments though nominated byt he President are submitted to the Senate for confirmation because Congress created their departments. The complexity of the federal government and the problems and issues which it addresses are require alot of coordination which a unified command can address.
Posted By: svsg

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 05:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MMXvU4O9OA
Posted By: SC

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 06:09 PM

confused

svsg's post is the only one that makes any sense here. lol

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 06:29 PM

Have to admit, I agree SC!!

I'm done for now...the banter is fun for a while but only so far one can go without

Thanks, svsg for putting it all into perspective

Apple

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
I'm done for now...the banter is fun for a while but only so far one can go without

Banter is one thing, Apple, but coming here with a chip on your shoulder and jumping on others is another thing.

I KNOW you have other things on your mind, and I REALLY hope you get some sort of peace of mind with some family issues but posting childish shit against other members here isn't the route you want to go.

Chill out and remember that while others may not agree with your politics, it doesn't give you carte-blanche to act like you have these past few days in your responses to them.

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
...Banter is one thing, Apple, but coming here with a chip on your shoulder and jumping on others is another thing....Chill out and remember that while others may not agree with your politics, it doesn't give you carte-blanche to act like you have these past few days in your responses to them.

Without going into needless detail I think that's awefully unfair of you considering what's been seen here at times when I've purposefully laid back & let others argue.

My personal 'family' issues are completely separate from anything else here, which is why I leave those under separate topics. With or without them, I would post the same way I have been on political subjects and apologize for none of them.

Chill? You bet. Beginning now.

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Chill? You bet. Beginning now.

Cool!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/05/09 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
but posting childish shit against other members here isn't the route you want to go.

Chill out and remember that while others may not agree with your politics, it doesn't give you carte-blanche to act like you have these past few days in your responses to them.

I hope other people on here take your advice as well.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/06/09 09:52 PM

Van Jones may have said some very controversial things, but he was no doubt qualified for the position he was appointed. His plan was to flood low income areas in cities with jobs involved in green energy. Anyone who would argue against that is not thinking right. Hopefully the new czar keeps the same plan.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/06/09 11:22 PM

HI PATRICK! grin
Posted By: Patrick

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/06/09 11:31 PM

What's good dude?
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: What is a 'Czar' ? - 09/06/09 11:44 PM

Added you on FB.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET