Home

Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!!

Posted By: Santino Brasi

Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/10/09 01:04 PM

Here's to one of the greatest electrical engineers who worked in America!

Salut
Posted By: svsg

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/10/09 02:48 PM

I have major admiration for this guy (and Faraday and numerous other bright minds in this field, that I am tempted to list here, but won't).
Posted By: Fame

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/11/09 12:17 AM

svsg - please list them. I'd love to see that list.

Santino - what's up with you man? dont you know that when you start a thread about a dead person, you should give it a proper title? you shoulda called it "Nikola Tesla is DAED!!!!!" grin
Posted By: svsg

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/11/09 04:13 AM

Faraday, Ampere, Tesla, Maxwell - great contributions to the electromagnetic theory and application. Faraday was such an awesome guy on practical applications and learned a lot on his own, working in Davy's (another great guy) book store.

Benjamin Franklin, Coulomb - Electrostatics

Shannon, Fourier, Laplace, Gauss - The geniuses who developed a lot of mathematical theory for communication. Any one of them would be my my pick for the greatest. I just cannot describe the genius and beauty behind Fourier's contribution smile

Kilby - Though the invention of transistor in itself was very very significant, the idea of integrating them into chips was pioneered by this guy. Great contribution.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/11/09 06:34 AM

Happy birthday indeed. I envy his brain.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/11/09 01:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Santino Brasi
Here's to one of the greatest electrical engineers who worked in America!

Salut

It's my understanding that Lou Dobbs wants to know if he had a green card.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/11/09 01:09 PM

lol
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/12/09 05:42 AM

I especially like his cover version of the song "Signs."

I loved math as a student. Much of modern audio and video owe their practical applications to the mathematical theory of Fourier and Laplace.

To a Chicago Bears fan, Plank's Constant was 46. And 15 yards for spearing.

tony b.

...who knows it's spelled Planck...
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/12/09 02:10 PM

Posted By: Ice

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/12/09 03:45 PM

Everyone knows it was Ben Franklin that proved the discovery of electricity with his ole 'kite and key' in a lightning storm experiment.

Or to hear the revisionist version of history tell it - He made his SON hold the damn kite, and that's the real reason the lad hated his father for life. tongue

'It's really easy, my boy. Just hold onto this string for a moment while I take cover under the barn.' lol
Posted By: olivant

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/12/09 04:14 PM

Actually, he was trying to illustrate the conduction of electricity.
Posted By: Fame

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/13/09 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: svsg
Faraday, Ampere, Tesla, Maxwell - great contributions to the electromagnetic theory and application. Faraday was such an awesome guy on practical applications and learned a lot on his own, working in Davy's (another great guy) book store.

Benjamin Franklin, Coulomb - Electrostatics

Shannon, Fourier, Laplace, Gauss - The geniuses who developed a lot of mathematical theory for communication. Any one of them would be my my pick for the greatest. I just cannot describe the genius and beauty behind Fourier's contribution smile

Kilby - Though the invention of transistor in itself was very very significant, the idea of integrating them into chips was pioneered by this guy. Great contribution.

Interesting list, thanx for posting.

What stands out most in your list, svsg, is the fact that only Kilby, Tesla and Shannon lived in the 20th century. I think all the others were 18th-19th century guys. What does that say about the 20th century? not much eh? grin Oh well, at least we had that guy who invented the internet...what was his name...oh yeah, Al Gore grin
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/13/09 02:03 PM

I hear the guy had a magnetic personality.
Posted By: SC

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/13/09 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

<groan>
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!!!!!! - 07/14/09 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

© 2024 GangsterBB.NET