Home

Adios Bernie Madoff

Posted By: Beth E

Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 03:43 PM

Bernie sentenced to 150 years in prison. He made people MAD when he made OFF with their money. Now it's off with his freedom. If only the people he swindled could get some of their money back.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06292009/news/regionalnews/sentencing_today_for_bernie_madoff_176707.htm
Posted By: svsg

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 04:22 PM

I understand long sentences to prevent any chances of the sentence getting reduced due to good behavior or whatever. But 150 years! Obviously I am speculating, but it looks to me that the judge must have been really pissed off personally ohwell Makes me wonder how in spite of being at the top, they can get emotional on these issues.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 04:47 PM

Without knowing who Bernie Madoff is, and knowing Beth E, I assumed this was another dead thread. smile
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 04:56 PM

150 years was the maximum he could get total for all the charges. So that's what the judge gave him. The crimes he committed warranted that high a penalty.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Without knowing who Bernie Madoff is, and knowing Beth E, I assumed this was another dead thread. smile

lol He'd probably consider that a better fate.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 06:52 PM

Good riddance.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/29/09 07:06 PM

hope he gets shanked
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/30/09 01:45 PM

Bye bye Bernie ya greedy bastard!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/30/09 01:51 PM

Hope they give Bernie a large roommate.
Posted By: SC

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 06/30/09 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Hope they give Bernie a large roommate.

...who lost all his money in a ponzy scheme. grin
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 07/01/09 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg
I understand long sentences to prevent any chances of the sentence getting reduced due to good behavior or whatever. But 150 years! Obviously I am speculating, but it looks to me that the judge must have been really pissed off personally ohwell Makes me wonder how in spite of being at the top, they can get emotional on these issues.

lol Why not make it a million years just to be safe? I've always found that funny as well.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 07/01/09 03:17 AM

no a billion years...hell make as much as he stole.
Posted By: SC

Re: Adios Bernie Madoff - 07/01/09 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
no a billion years...hell make as much as he stole.

Just for fun I broke down his sentence vs. what he allegedly stole through his schemes (assuming $60 billion). It works out to about $1.095 million per day (of the 150 year sentence).

Big numbers like that are confusing to me and mean little in terms of comprehension. I ask myself, though, if it was me that lost my life savings to him, would 150 years be fair? I answer, "yes".
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET