Home

Hi Everyone!

Posted By: DonFerro55

Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:18 AM

Hello,

Some of you may remember me and some won't. I've not been on this site in quite some time. It's nice to see you all (ronnierocketago, I remember you) to all the rest. I've graduated from college and work as a sports writer now. I cover the Michigan State Spartans for The Examiner. You can check my writing out at http://www.examiner.com/x-1335-Michigan-State-Spartans-Examiner. I look forward to hearing from you all and talking about interesting subjects again. Have a great day.

Go Lions! (Detroit native, had to say it)
Posted By: svsg

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:25 AM

Welcome DonFerro55. I remember your drunken stories lol
And also THIS thread
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:29 AM

Hey! Welcome back! grin
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:33 AM

welcome back DF! I don't think we ever talked but I remember reading your posts. Glad to see you are back smile

Since you are now a sports writer I hope to see you in the sports section!

hi - 11/16/08 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg
Welcome DonFerro55. I remember your drunken stories lol
And also THIS thread

Haha! Yeah. College was a blur. I think I've calmed down a little in my old age. Now I get to be a regular drunk moron.

Wait, that sucks.

Good to hear from the old members! Hope to talk to the new ones too! Here's to a new age of adult life! (wait, that sucks too. How did everyone else get over the fun of college?)

The Doc
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: hi - 11/16/08 06:41 AM

Buongornio Don Ferro, I am Santino_Brasi, and in your absence, in a major upset (in a Usurping kind of way) I am now The Head Administrator of these boards
Posted By: svsg

Re: hi - 11/16/08 06:42 AM

You should be the mod for the Food forum grin
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:44 AM

NO! YOU ARE NOW MY FOOTREST!

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
welcome back DF! I don't think we ever talked but I remember reading your posts. Glad to see you are back smile

Since you are now a sports writer I hope to see you in the sports section!

You'll see me there for sure. I started Matt Cassel in my fantasy leauge this week. Not bad at all if I do say so myself (I drafted Tom Brady so I was due for a good week like this!)

Nice to be back everyone, and thanks for all the nice wishes. I'm going to grab another brew!

The Doc

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: DonFerro55
I started Matt Cassel in my fantasy leauge this week. Not bad at all if I do say so myself

Ahhh... you're a smarter man than myself. I have Cassel on my bench. I'm hoping Pennington, or Shaun Hill if Pennington is hurt at game time, will come through. QB problems all year for me.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:52 AM

Also, I almost forgot. My pic is on the newspaper that I write for. It's at the site in my first post. I bet that not a lot of people have not been wondering all these years about what I look like, so it's there. I've heard all my college life that I look like jack black. I thinks it's bunk. I'm tired of signing autographs for drunk dudes (unless they have chicks with them, chicks are good).

Did I say chicks are good? Oh, wait. I did.

Nice.

The Doc

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:54 AM

By the way, your location says "Folsom Prison". Do you live in Folsom? I have family right there in El Dorado Hills.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 06:57 AM

I started Matt Cassel in my fantasy leauge this week. Not bad at all if I do say so myself

Ahhh... you're a smarter man than myself. I have Cassel on my bench. I'm hoping Pennington, or Shaun Hill if Pennington is hurt at game time, will come through. QB problems all year for me.

I've had the same problems, but Henne will start if Pennington is hurt. I also have Pennignton in my leauge. Pennignton might not play, so, eh, we'll, see, but I hope you got someone else. Who is your backup? We can take this to the Sprots headline too.

Again, nice to talk to you all.

The Doc

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 07:01 AM

By the way, your location says "Folsom Prison". Do you live in Folsom? I have family right there in El Dorado Hills.

Nah, Detroit born and bred.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 07:20 AM

Welcome back DF55. Glad all is well.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Welcome back DF55. Glad all is well.

Thanks, Migs. That means a lot.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 07:27 AM

Wassup, Doc? Good to see you back! cool

Don't let blibbleBABBLE fool you. I'm #1 in Fantasy Football, he's #2. wink
Posted By: SC

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 11:31 AM

The Doctor is in the house.

Long live the Doctor.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 01:21 PM

Welcome Back smile
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 03:07 PM

Hi DF,

I do remember you? Hope you are doing well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't your posts many times have a sarcastic "edge" to them? (I mean that in a humorous way). wink

I too am from MI (Grand Rapids not Detroit), so my heart is there.

Not a sports fan, BUT I too will say "Go Spartans." wink

Welcome back!

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 04:51 PM

Hello,

Some of you may remember me and some won't. I've not been on this site in quite some time. It's nice to see you all (ronnierocketago, I remember you) to all the rest. I've graduated from college and work as a sports writer now. I cover the Michigan State Spartans for The Examiner. You can check my writing out at http://www.examiner.com/x-1335-Michigan-State-Spartans-Examiner. I look forward to hearing from you all and talking about interesting subjects again. Have a great day.

Welcome back just in time for you to cover the Spartans loss next week to the Nittany Lions. And by the way, those are the only Lions that are looking forward to a victory.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/16/08 10:37 PM

Welcome back, Doc. Glad to see you're still around.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 05:04 AM

With Calvin Johnson and Kevin Smith in my fantasy leauge, I gotta have faith.

As for Penn State and Joe Pa, that's going to be a good game (as long as it's nothing like the Ohio State game).

Thanks for the welcome backs, everyone. Here's to many more drunken stories!

The Doc
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 05:12 AM

Hello,

Don't know you but I think I've seen some of your posts.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 05:24 AM

Also, it's been plenty of years, so I thought I would post a picture of myself. Here I am, in my lame "writer look":

Hope you all enjoy (my girlfriend at MSU did not).

The Doc
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 05:47 AM

Great pic Doc. You look nice and comfy.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 06:14 AM

Also, it's been plenty of years, so I thought I would post a picture of myself. Here I am, in my lame "writer look":

Hope you all enjoy (my girlfriend at MSU did not).

The Doc

How hard is it to get a writing job?

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 06:23 AM

I'm sure you have to have a vocabulary that goes beyond "YO FACE!". At least that would be my assumption.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 02:11 PM

I was actually thinking about you last month; my friends bought me some absinthe for my 21st, and it reminded me of your story about the ceiling falling in on everyone.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 03:55 PM

Welcome back cool
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 04:46 PM

Welcome back Doc....you are just in time. We needed someone to class this place up a bit.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/17/08 07:37 PM

I'm sure you have to have a vocabulary that goes beyond "YO FACE!". At least that would be my assumption.

YO FACE I would...
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/18/08 03:28 AM

I remember you, Doc!! I was worried you wouldn't return, at least for a while, so I'm very glad to see you again! Welcome back.

Re: Hi Everyone! - 11/18/08 05:29 AM

I'm back. Boy, this has been such a nice welcome (back). Thanks all!

As for how hard it is to find a job writing, yeah, it sucks. I like writing sports, but I want more money (kinda like a rap star. They like money, right?). We'll see.

The Doc
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET